PDA

View Full Version : CSKA wants kirilenko

futureman
09-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Will Andrei Kirilenko go back to Russia and spurn the NBA?

“CSKA wants to offer Kirilenko a contract to rival that of other NBA stars and what seems to be the appeal in this case for CSKA is that Kirilenko, doesn’t occupy the position of non-russian player, which allows CSKA to keep him in the roster at all times, the same reason they got Khryapa and Khaun,i.e. to get ahead of the competition. It also says that this might be the reason that Kirilenko has not renewed with the Utah Jazz yet.”

http://hoopeduponline.com

I pray with all my heart that the jazz can just let him out of his contract so he can go over there.

jimbobjarree
09-17-2008, 07:49 PM
If they buy him out, party at my place

JWalk126
09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
last summer he said that he prefers playing for Dynamo Moscow

goku
09-17-2008, 08:26 PM

“CSKA wants to offer Kirilenko a contract to rival that of other NBA stars and what seems to be the appeal in this case for CSKA is that Kirilenko, doesn’t occupy the position of non-russian player, which allows CSKA to keep him in the roster at all times, the same reason they got Khryapa and Khaun,i.e. to get ahead of the competition. It also says that this might be the reason that Kirilenko has not renewed with the Utah Jazz yet.”

I pray with all my heart that the jazz can just let him out of his contract so he can go over there.

why you dont want him?

Lo Porto
09-17-2008, 09:08 PM
AK is a great player, but he's a bad fit in Utah. He's a PF playing the SF and he makes so much money that the fans and management can't ignore that he is killing the Jazz financially. I like AK, but at the same time, it's hard to forget his little tirade a year ago where he badmouthed Sloan, bashed the team, and demanded to be traded.

The Jazz can be just as successful playing Harp, Korver and CJ at the SF as they are playing Kirilenko. I also think that AK would be happier playing in his home country. This potential move to CSKA would be great for both sides. Without AK's contract, the Jazz could keep the rest of the team intact and move towards greatness without money issues hovering.

Let's just release him from his contract so he can go to CSKA. As long as any other NBA can't have him, then let's let him go....

THE_FLASH_21
09-17-2008, 10:15 PM
^^^ he's a great fit!!! Just not for $17mill .... Great D, Great Dunks, and 15 points potential.. but no way in hell is he worth that much!!!!

I'd like something in return for him!!!

kurtismurray
09-18-2008, 03:46 AM
I hope CSKA buys AK. CSKA would be required to buy out his contract and REALLY RELIEVE Jazz finanically plus more. Utah faces a huge summer in 2009 with Booz, Memo and Korver most likely opting out. Utah would have enough money to even make a run at a quality free agent. One that comes to mind is Danny Granger from Indiana. He still hasn't resigned with Indiana and would probably come to Utah. imagine.

PG. D-Will
SG. Ronnie Brewer
SF. Danny Granger
PF. Carlos Boozer
C. Mehmet Okur

Lo Porto
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
AK is not a great fit because he is a PF. Look at how he got torched against Kobe and T-Mac while playing SF. AK is best fit playing PF for a team that runs. He can do a bit of everything and that's what a PF does in that system. Sloan can't make AK useful in the slow down system. He doesn't fit and that's before we talk about his contract.

I hope this happens. We could easily pick up a player an other team wants to dump. We could afford:

Malik Rose - Post guy who could add toughness also in last year of deal.
Boris Diaw - All purpose guy with reasonable contract ($9 a year).
Jeff Foster - Great post guy in last year of his deal.
Haslem - Sloan type big who Miami would deal for not much.
Nocioni - Much more affordable natural SF.
Ben Gordon - would be good addition at $10 or less a year.

Most of these players could be had for very little. We might even get a pick too if we took Rose.

futureman
09-18-2008, 04:17 PM
The best thing for the jazz to do is let him walk especially if CSKA is offering him more money. If they let him go We can get a big name free agent in no problem along with retaining most of the players on our team. Collins,fess and knight we can let go. I do like the idea of danny granger but if we meet boozers asking price can we still afford him? I'm sure we can

Lo Porto
09-18-2008, 05:25 PM
We wouldn't be able to afford Granger, but we could afford adding any players making that $6-8 million a year range.

Next year:

Deron $15
Boozer $15 (estimated if he opts out and wants more)
Okur $11 (if he opts out or stays, I can't imagine Utah paying more)
Millsap $7 (estimated)
Harpring $6.5
Korver $5
Miles $4
Brewer $2.5

That's $65 right there not even including Almond, Koufos and any others. We might not have money available to get anyone else actually, but at least we could keep the guys we have and need.

Lo Porto
09-18-2008, 05:27 PM
The nice thing about my former post is that we would clear up Harpring's contract for the summer of 2010 when we have the Knicks' 1st round pick and the summer we'll have to re-sign Brewer.

CSKA taking AK would be great for us...

sportsnutzz
09-18-2008, 08:46 PM
We wouldn't be able to afford Granger, but we could afford adding any players making that $6-8 million a year range.

Next year:

Deron $15
Boozer $15 (estimated if he opts out and wants more)
Okur $11 (if he opts out or stays, I can't imagine Utah paying more)
Millsap $7 (estimated)
Harpring $6.5
Korver $5
Miles $4
Brewer $2.5

That's $65 right there not even including Almond, Koufos and any others. We might not have money available to get anyone else actually, but at least we could keep the guys we have and need.

Okur will not get another contract like that. The Jazz will be willing to pay more than any other team and I bet we pay him more like 7.

Honestly I can see boozer walking, AK gone, and Okur signing for less and the
Jazz have some money to work with. And I think they would be happy with this situation long term.

JWalk126
09-19-2008, 01:00 AM
personally I would very much prefer if he went to one of the other Moscow teams, esp Dynamo

futureman
09-19-2008, 09:55 AM
AK's agent said there was no truth to this rumor. DAMNIT!

Who knows, maybe he would still walk away. The good thing about keeping him around is come 2010 we will have an 18 million dollar expiring contract plus draft pick we can trade for a disgruntled superstar. His contract, the new york pick, and possibly our own lottery pick if boozer leaves make for the most valuble trade in the market.

b_russ
09-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm like everyone else, I would like it if Kirelinko would just walk away from the contract and be successful in Russia. But I still have a hard time understanding why everyone is freaking out about the Boozer situation. Let's say next year Boozer leaves, what is the worst that can happen; Milsap moves up the starting spot? I personally would love that! I think that Milsap has the potential to be better than Boozer. Sure we would need to aquire a decent back up but I think we can handle the situation plus that would free up some cap space. Really, if Boozer leaves, I don't think we really need to worry about making the playoffs as much as people think.

HotRodsHair
09-20-2008, 09:53 AM

I agree futureman. That would be some serious cap relief. Though I'd like to get something in return for him, I doubt very seriously that anyone would take on his large contract without dumping overplayed leftovers ourway.

BoltLakerPadre
09-21-2008, 11:47 PM
When I first heard about this, I was sad at the idea of AK47 leaving the NBA, I like him, and I'd have thought Utah fans would feel the same way, but he is expensive and underachieving, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

jimbobjarree
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
its the price we have to pay for not going over the luxury tax

Lo Porto
09-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Andrei Kirilenko to Memphis for Darko Milicic.

It's a no brainer. Memphis almost just traded for Zach Randolph. With AK, Memphis would get a more complete player without all the baggage. AK would really compliment Conley, Mayo and Gay. Darko would help our extremely thin frontline. After Boozer, Okur and Millsap, we really fall off a bunch. Darko has decent all around skills and might find a good fit here in Utah. Korver, Harp and CJ can handle the SF position fine. Shaving off $8 million the next 2 years and $17.5 in 3 years and getting Darko would be worth it to Utah.