PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Received Several Low-Ball Trade Offers For Josh Howard

JordansBulls
09-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Source: Dallas News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/091708dnspomavslede.112d818.html)

The Mavericks received numerous off-season trade offers for Howard, but almost all were from teams who presumed a low-ball offer might prompt a deal. Team officials have said repeatedly they're not interested in trading Howard.

"Josh really is a good guy with a great heart," Cuban said. "He just doesn't do a good job of showing that side of himself publicly. We will work on that."

Sixerlover
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
People are trying to get him cheap. Can't blame them, after all he is a top 10 SF

MiamiHeat
09-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Wonder who were the teams:eyebrow:

cmellofan15
09-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Who wouldn't want Howard??

torontosports10
09-17-2008, 02:52 PM
probly every team tried

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 02:55 PM

No No...Teams want howard.. They just dont want to give up anything to get em

#1Mavericksfan
09-17-2008, 03:10 PM
The Grizzlies were one of the teams the tried to get him for cheap I heard.

Sixerlover
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Probably the Blazers too

23LBJCleBrowns
09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
i hope he gets traded to the cavs

#1Mavericksfan
09-17-2008, 03:38 PM

you already have a SF and a very good one at that.

DamnGoat
09-17-2008, 03:41 PM
That's odd.

Cavs are pretty much set for a while at SF.

Sixerlover
09-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah they have a SF who's pretty good. Howard might not be able to take his spot

_Sn1P3r_
09-17-2008, 04:26 PM
That's odd.

Haha yeah. Some guy named LeBron James or something. I hear he's good.

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM

no he sucks

bring in Josh Howard an bench that nobody

MTar786
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
odom and walton for howard and damp

RocketsRule
09-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Not surprised really. After saying he smoked pot in the off-season and his poor playoff performance, you can't really blame the teams.

Low ball offers? I heard they rejected Howard for Artest, which would have been great for them

zachattach
09-17-2008, 05:35 PM

i actually really like that trade and im not huge on trading Lamar

Maverick22x
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Considering his comments about the USA anthem and the Raptors' need for a slashing SF that can play defense, isn't Howard to Toronto a no-brainer?

How cool would that be: Don't like America Josh? ok we're trading you to Canada where they have better weed and more lenient laws against smoking it!

MiamiHeat
09-17-2008, 05:44 PM

:laugh2:

barreleffact
09-17-2008, 05:47 PM

never!!! i think the lakers front court is fine without dampier... and id take odam all around over howard any day too.

#1Mavericksfan
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
never!!! i think the lakers front court is fine without dampier... and id take odam all around over howard any day too.

Yea and the Mavs are just fine without Walton launching airballs all the time.

Tony_Starks
09-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Teams are thinking its a Howard firesale because of all his Dumbassness. They'l stand pat, they already screwed off Devin Harris. Can't see them trading JH for cheap. He'll probably have a allstar year to prove himself with a training camp with Jkidd under his belt.

BALLER71
09-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Marion for Howard and an expiring.

Beno7500
09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Kings wanted him.

superkegger
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Wonder how low ball some of the offers were, or if this is just a reporter taking the maverics word on them being low ball offers.

AutomaticWeezy
09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
I wouldnt want this prick on my team.

Send him to Toronto and get him out of this country.

ShaunRiching9
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
nah i wouldnt trade Mike James for him

ok nvm i would

Sox Appeal
09-17-2008, 11:10 PM
I wouldnt want this prick on my team.

Neither would I. This guy is an absolute headcase. Telling the world that he smokes weed, then him believing he's to good for the National Anthem. **** you Josh Howard. (I should note, I have no problem with him smoking weed, but the fact that he admits it on a National Radio Station, is idiotic.) And I honestly believe the Mavs would have traded Howard, if the felt they where being offered anything close to face value. But right now, there isn't a GM in the NBA that would be willing to pay fair value for this guy.

stawka
09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Marion for Howard and an expiring.

Are you serious? I'd take Marion over Howard even if he came in a package of 2 of him. Howard's game is pretty much like Marion's, only Marion is better at everything - and doesn't bring all the off-court drama's.

$ NyC $
09-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Considering his comments about the USA anthem and the Raptors' need for a slashing SF that can play defense, isn't Howard to Toronto a no-brainer?

How cool would that be: Don't like America Josh? ok we're trading you to Canada where they have better weed and more lenient laws against smoking it!

great idea.

I actually think this would be a great trade 4 the Raptors 2 depends who they would give up.

I kno the Kings wanted him 4 nothing.

fairandbalanced
09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
they should have taken the deal. His value keeps dropping.

Storch
09-18-2008, 12:18 PM
didnt he say he doesnt celebrate the anthem cuz he's black? Thats pretty stupid. Send his nonpatriotic *** to toronoto so he's not in this country anymore.

Maverick22x
09-18-2008, 12:29 PM
great idea.

I actually think this would be a great trade 4 the Raptors 2 depends who they would give up.

I'm thinking something like Kapono, Graham and a draft pick, maybe throw in Moon. That leaves some cap room this season for Toronto to sign replacements for the bodies they lose.

RoyalG333
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM

Would rather try to get someone better for Odom's expiring contract. Although I still like what Odom brings to the table for the Lakers.

Mavs won't get rid of Howard yet. They're not going to just throw him out for nothing. Cuban is too selfish and smart for that.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-18-2008, 01:41 PM
That's odd.

Well he would probably play SG.

Chaudhry
09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking something like Kapono, Graham and a draft pick, maybe throw in Moon. That leaves some cap room this season for Toronto to sign replacements for the bodies they lose.

i dunno if the raptors would wanna trade 2 fan favorites for one trouble maker... in terms of skill he better then all three but in terms of value i dunno...

Kiss Ma Grits
09-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Why shouldn't Cleveland go after him???

Lebron can play both the SG and SF. All we have to do is move Lebron to SG, move Howard to SF.

Let you all tell it, Lebrons' supposedly leavin' Cleveland in 2010 anyways right?:rolleyes:

Well if he does then you are still ok at SF so you take that ton of money and go after a star shooting guard to replace him if he does chump out and go to a loser New York team.

Halladay
09-18-2008, 02:31 PM
He doesn't celebrate the star spangled banner and smokes weed, he might as well be traded to Toronto lol.

IndyRealist
09-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Why shouldn't Cleveland go after him???

Lebron can play both the SG and SF. All we have to do is move Lebron to SG, move Howard to SF.

Let you all tell it, Lebrons' supposedly leavin' Cleveland in 2010 anyways right?:rolleyes:

Well if he does then you are still ok at SF so you take that ton of money and go after a star shooting guard to replace him if he does chump out and go to a loser New York team.

Assume for a second:
1) Lebron is going to leave Cleveland for New York, Brooklyn, or Chicago.
2) The Cavs know it.
3) The Cavs do not believe they will win a title in the next two years.
4) The Cavs will want to get value for him, besides his expiring contract.

Lebron James and Anderson Verajao to Dallas for Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse (7M expiring), Brandon Bass, and two first round picks.

Dallas:
PG: Jason Kidd/JJ Barea
SG: Jason Terry/Eddie Jones/Gerald Green
SF: Lebron James/Devan George
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Anderson Verajao
C: Erick Dampier/DeSanaga Diop

Cleveland:
PG: Mo Williams/Delonte West
SG: Sasha Pavlovic/Daniel Gibson
SF: Josh Howard/Wally Szczerbiak
PF: Ben Wallace/Brandon Bass
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Lorenzen Wright

Look, we all know Dallas has one, maybe two more years to win a championship with this roster. If Dirk doesn't have one by the time his contract expires, he is going to command ALOT of money, and Kidd, Stackhouse, and Eddie Jones are all going to retire. They can either make a trade and win back-to-back championships, or they should start trading pieces away now to rebuild. Their air of invinciblility is gone, Lebron gives them that back. In two years, the aforementioned vets all retire, Lebron moves on to Chicago/New York/Brooklyn, and Dirk re-signs with two rings and a legacy in Dallas.

KeithLBC
09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Assume for a second:
1) Lebron is going to leave Cleveland for New York, Brooklyn, or Chicago.
2) The Cavs know it.
3) The Cavs do not believe they will win a title in the next two years.
4) The Cavs will want to get value for him, besides his expiring contract.

Lebron James and Anderson Verajao to Dallas for Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse (7M expiring), Brandon Bass, and two first round picks.

Dallas:
PG: Jason Kidd/JJ Barea
SG: Jason Terry/Eddie Jones/Gerald Green
SF: Lebron James/Devan George
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Anderson Verajao
C: Erick Dampier/DeSanaga Diop

Cleveland:
PG: Mo Williams/Delonte West
SG: Sasha Pavlovic/Daniel Gibson
SF: Josh Howard/Wally Szczerbiak
PF: Ben Wallace/Brandon Bass
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas/Lorenzen Wright

Look, we all know Dallas has one, maybe two more years to win a championship with this roster. If Dirk doesn't have one by the time his contract expires, he is going to command ALOT of money, and Kidd, Stackhouse, and Eddie Jones are all going to retire. They can either make a trade and win back-to-back championships, or they should start trading pieces away now to rebuild. Their air of invinciblility is gone, Lebron gives them that back. In two years, the aforementioned vets all retire, Lebron moves on to Chicago/New York/Brooklyn, and Dirk re-signs with two rings and a legacy in Dallas.

There is NO WAY that Cleveland willingly trades LBJ. IMO, they'll let him walk before they trade him.

IndyRealist
09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
There is NO WAY that Cleveland willingly trades LBJ. IMO, they'll let him walk before they trade him.

So they'd rather get no value out of him than pick up a borderline all-star and two first round draft picks? Wait, that does sound like the Cavaliers :smoking:

SensandRaps
09-18-2008, 04:02 PM
if the cavaliers were to trade lebron they would want a lot more

Andrew Bogus
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
great idea.

the kings want everyone for nothing. and why are you guys talking about bron...

i say trade that ungrateful muthafizzack to an NBDL team...

blazerman
09-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Probably the Blazers too

I wouldnt mind if the Blazers did make a trade for him, Im not sure of his salary but I think Sergio Rodrigeuz,M. Webster and a 1st round pick would be fair considering he does have a few issues!!!

Sixerlover
09-18-2008, 05:07 PM

:laugh2:

So J-Ho, expirings and a 2012 + 2014 1st rounders get LeBron?? that's comedy at its finest

cubs92
09-18-2008, 05:30 PM

i wouldnt want him on my team...i normally dont care at all about a players life off the field..but this guy i wouldnt wanna deal with

illastrate
09-18-2008, 06:38 PM
if any team's gonna get howard for nothing, it's the clippers. We got camby for the option to switch 2nd rounders, maybe well get Howard for the option to switch waterboys:D

cmellofan15
09-18-2008, 10:32 PM
if any team's gonna get howard for nothing, it's the clippers. We got camby for the option to switch 2nd rounders, maybe well get Howard for the option to switch waterboys:D

Screw you!!!! :cry: :cry: