PDA

View Full Version : Rotation Down Stretch

Procision
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Looks like the rotation will look like this going down the stretch.

9/17 Yankees- Richard
9/18 Yankees- Vazquez
9/19 Royals- Buehrle
9/20 Royals- Floyd
9/21 Royals- Danks (Ozzie still feels he needs extra rest so he said hes pitching him off 6 days rest this sunday and will have Buehrle and Floyd work on short rest)
9/23 Twins- Vazquez
9/24 Twins- Buehrle
9/25 Twins- Floyd
9/26 Indians- Richard or Broadway ( I wouldnt be surprised at all if Ozzie decides to let danks get some more rest )
9/27 Indians- Danks
9/28 Indians- Vazquez or if clinched already richard or broadway

If needed the Tigers game you will either see Buehrle or Floyd pitch

GrinderBall41
09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I like those pitchers vs. Twinkies.

DaSox_05
09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
What happens to the rotation after we clinch during the first game of the Twins series cuz thats when i see us clinching :pray:

JDIsMyGod23
09-17-2008, 12:13 PM
As of last week we were going to see Perkins, Slowey and Baker. IIRC.

1-800-STFU
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Its the roller dome, who knows what can happen.

Procision
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
If we clinch by the cleveland series ull probally see like Richard game 1 Broadway game 2 and like Carasco game 3

PaleHose
09-18-2008, 02:17 PM
If we clinch by the cleveland series ull probally see like Richard game 1 Broadway game 2 and like Carasco game 3

I don't think you've thought about just how taxing it would be on out bullpen to start these three simultaneously. Having 4 well rested starters is one thing, but if it completely blows out your already unstable bullpen, then it's probably not worth it. I see the Sox sticking with their 5 man rotation to keep everyone sharp. If they clinch the division, we'll probably see them throw Broadway or Richard out there in the final game of the season to give the top 4 one extra day of rest.

HawkHarrelson
09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I don't think you've thought about just how taxing it would be on out bullpen to start these three simultaneously. Having 4 well rested starters is one thing, but if it completely blows out your already unstable bullpen, then it's probably not worth it. I see the Sox sticking with their 5 man rotation to keep everyone sharp. If they clinch the division, we'll probably see them throw Broadway or Richard out there in the final game of the season to give the top 4 one extra day of rest.

Maybe a Poreda call up? Just to see what the kids got While also not screwing with the BP or the Rotation

Bulldog76
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
We have plenty of time before we can talk about clinching...we have to get a 4.5 game lead before we go into Minnesota for me to feel comfortable... which the way the stinky twinkies have been playing isn't too unlikely...

man what a great season... and its only gonna get better.

liondragonx5y
09-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I feel like you guys might see humber instead of perkins, perkins is having trouble.. though honestly I think it will be liriano baker slowey in that order. liriano should get pushed back one day, he needs the rest too.. they will probably spot start that game with boof. perkins and blackburn have been inefective latly.. really cause of the same reason as danks.. too many innings. blackburn has 180 innings this year, compared to the 11 innings last year. thats a big jump, you do start to get tired.. and with perkins... 150 innings and like 30 innings.. another big jump.. they are starting to show it down the stretch.. even liriano had a bad start this last time.. cause he is tired too.. 180 innings between AAA and the majors is a lot..

just my 2 cents ;)