PDA

View Full Version : TRADE RUMOR: Mike Miller/Collins to the Lakers for Lamar Odom

Fireworld
09-17-2008, 05:13 AM
Hoopsworld: (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9997) This was by far my favorite this morning, as it provides exactly what both the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves need. On the Lakers side it gives them a true small forward in Mike Miller who shoots lights-out and will even defend a little, as compared to Vladimir Radmanovic. Jason Collins is a solid defender, though he wonít score at all, and would give LA the back-up they need for Andrew Bynum.

On the Timberwolves side itís all about cap space. It would be unfortunate for Odom to have to spend a season losing night in and night out after being in the Finals last year, but you know what they say . . .basketball is a business.

Reactions....

Fireworld
09-17-2008, 05:17 AM
How do you fellow NBA brothers and sisters like this trade? Most people in the Lakers thread love this trade but would like another piece from you're team. Who else would you wanna throw in? do you think its fair?

GOGOGOMEZ08
09-17-2008, 09:57 AM
I think a lot of wolves fans are pumped for Mike Miller i know i am i would hate to lose him but on the other hand i do like odom so im kinda undecided with this one

ryanph30
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't really like the trade for the Lakers.

lakersrock
09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Well ryan, we disagree again. :D This trade is PERFECT for LA. If Odom starts, it will be at the three....where he can't shoot or defend. Now Miller isn't the greatest defender, but he's much better at the 3 than Odom. Then you get into the shooting....not even close.

Fisher/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha
Miller/Ariza
Gasol/Powell
Bynum/Collins

is far better than

Fisher/Farmar
Kobe/Sasha
Odom/Ariza
Gasol/Powell
Bynum/Mihm

Odom just isn't a 3 or a shooter and that's what we need.

kambion
09-17-2008, 02:07 PM
How do you fellow NBA brothers and sisters like this trade? Most people in the Lakers thread love this trade but would like another piece from you're team. Who else would you wanna throw in? do you think its fair?

we already have a poor mans odom, his name is ryan gomes...

i kinda like it...not really tho... im a bit of a mike miller fan

JBoog35
09-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I honestly don't believe it. I watched the press conference after the trade. I don't know how many times they all complimented Miller and how he was going to open everyone up on offense. So he makes sense on our team as well, but I also remember Miller mentioning this is a dream come true coming home. The kid is from South Dakota, which is just down the road. We are rebuilding and he is still happy to be here.... I just don't think it'll happen.

thesparky33
09-17-2008, 02:42 PM
As a Timberwolves fan, I dont like this trade.

Sure it gives us cap space, but we already are expecting to be well under the cap in 2 years with all of the current and freshly signed contracts this offseason, and losing a borderline All-star caliber player in Mike Miller wouldnt be a smart move IMO...

Also, I imagine Miller will be quite a fan favorite in Minnesota, and in the Dakotas as well, since he's from South Dakota, and a lot of people from there are Timberwolves fans...

Also, this really isnt a rumor, as more of a fan's suggestion... :eyebrow:

boeknows
09-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah this would be a horrible trade for us to do. No wonder Laker fans want more. They always want more.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2008, 07:23 PM

Of course the Lakers love this trade after watching Odom fall apart in the finals. No way. Miller has been underrated for years, and is exactly what Al Jefferson needs to take some pressure off him. Miller has hit more threes in 3 of his seasons than the Wolves all time record set by Shady last year, he automatically becomes the best three point shooter in Wolves history. And Odom will slow Love's progress. Plus, we will already have cap space in two years. No way, never been an Odom fan at all. He is hollow numbers

kylem4711
09-21-2008, 04:17 AM
i would be pissed if this trade happens. mike miller is awesome. i also dont get why the lakers would do this since they have vlade

Bound To Lose
09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
The Timberwolves need outside shooting as much as anybody.

Bad idea.

Where's KG?
09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
No way...not at all. It's Miller Time! Not too big on having Odom influece Love and Jefferson either. I could see Odom becoming very hostile when we start losing. Bad Move

Oefarmy2005
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
C'mon, it's the Lakers. Now way this happens with Mchale at the helm. I have to call shananagens on this rumor.

AirJordanXVIII
10-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Excellent for Lakers. Horrible for T'Wolves....

Miller (at what he does) >> Odom (at what he does)

rollins56
10-03-2008, 11:52 PM
who the hell wants odom? whoever said "hollow numbers" hit the nail on the head.

it's been fairly well documented by the other twolves fans in the thread, but this move makes no sense from our perspective. miller's heritage here in the midwest gives us the advantage of having a player who actually might want to play here, win or lose. not to mention the fact that he's been on fairly consistently horrible teams in his NBA career, vs. odom who has had recent success.

odom lacks all of the intangibles you look for in an athlete. we need players that bring positive qualities on and off the court right now --- we're not talking about a club that's a piece or two away. we need influential veterans to nurture the young spirit of our team so that in a few years, when our young pieces have matured, they will know how to act so that the whole thing doesn't blow up.

plus mike miller's hair is downright sweet.

p.s. that fireworld chick is hot. almost kinda makes me wanna say "yeah the deal sounds awesome!" too late tho

thesparky33
10-04-2008, 12:56 AM
who the hell wants odom? whoever said "hollow numbers" hit the nail on the head.

it's been fairly well documented by the other twolves fans in the thread, but this move makes no sense from our perspective. miller's heritage here in the midwest gives us the advantage of having a player who actually might want to play here, win or lose. not to mention the fact that he's been on fairly consistently horrible teams in his NBA career, vs. odom who has had recent success.

odom lacks all of the intangibles you look for in an athlete. we need players that bring positive qualities on and off the court right now --- we're not talking about a club that's a piece or two away. we need influential veterans to nurture the young spirit of our team so that in a few years, when our young pieces have matured, they will know how to act so that the whole thing doesn't blow up.

plus mike miller's hair is downright sweet.

p.s. that fireworld chick is hot. almost kinda makes me wanna say "yeah the deal sounds awesome!" too late tho

Where the heck did you go? I swear you havent posted in here for what seems like a year...

ryguy2k7
10-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I never even heard about this trade till today on the forum.

It won't happen.

kambion
10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Where the heck did you go? I swear you havent posted in here for what seems like a year...

yea no kidding, welcome back rollins

GOGOGOMEZ08
10-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Not gonna happen

rollins56
10-15-2008, 06:08 PM

been workin in Texas for hurricane Ike, before that locally in minnesota. too many hotels w/o good internet connections i guess...

Hawkeye15
10-15-2008, 07:02 PM
been workin in Texas for hurricane Ike, before that locally in minnesota. too many hotels w/o good internet connections i guess...

I live in south Houston and went thru Ike. Fun stuff, let me tell you.

WSUJJ
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
me 2 :D