PDA

View Full Version : 11 Blown Leads after 7?

Epic89
09-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Surely, that can't be right. That few?

Any way, if there was any doubt left that Fernando Rodney was not an effective big league pitcher, it just got SHATTERED.

There isn't a single quality pitcher in that pen, and they will never be a competitive club until a total overhaul and culture change takes place.

mark1125
09-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Surely, that can't be right. That few?

Any way, if there was any doubt left that Fernando Rodney was not an effective big league pitcher, it just got SHATTERED.

There isn't a single quality pitcher in that pen, and they will never be a competitive club until a total overhaul and culture change takes place.

Don't forget to consider the games that they were tied or only down one after 7. I know there were a lot of those when they brought in Rodney, Zumaya, etc, etc and that one run defecit became 6.

JackB
09-17-2008, 07:44 AM
I have said that all season about Rodney and Zumaya.A 97 mph fast ball means nothing it it isn't located or have some movement.And both of those guys can't do either.Time to close the book with them.
At this point they should be looking at a couple of the young guys . I realize they don't want to have the kids loose confidence if they don't do well but it has to happen at some point.

Bondomania
09-17-2008, 10:06 AM
i am not making excuses or anything, but Rodney struck out young to start the inning, on the 2-2 pitch, he threw a fastball that froze Young and it was right down the heart of the plate at the knees.. Young started to walk back to the dugout and Ryan stood up to throw the ball down to third... that stupid ump Angel Hernandez blew the game.. and he has done this to us before, the guy flat out sucks... his strike zone is the most inconsistant piece of garbage ever... anyway, that inning might have gone different had there been 1 out with no one on... i know Rodney needed to step up and make the big pitches when he needed to.. I don't know what the answers are anymore, i thought Rodney might be a serviceable closer, but right now it isn't looking that way

stanpapi
09-17-2008, 03:12 PM
He had his shot, enough already.

One Nut Kruk
09-17-2008, 08:08 PM
He's had more than a shot. The f'n piece of crap is 30 for 55 in his career in saves. That has to be one of the worst sv& of all time with a minimum of 50 save opportunities.