PDA

View Full Version : Where will Lebron be in '10-'11?

NYKnickFanatic
09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
LeBron to remain with the Cavs?

LeBron's status as a home state hero has made him an especially treasured Ohio player -- and increased the local anxiety that he might someday seek a bigger stage.

Talk about LeBron's potential departure increased when he took a shorter-than-expected contract extension and added an opt-out clause that would allow him to leave Cleveland in 2010. The speculation had started almost as soon as James was drafted in 2003 and was fed by unconfirmed reports that some companies -- including Nike, perhaps -- would pay him more to play in a bigger market.

Ballerblogger explained one of the incentives for James to stay in Cleveland: "If LeBron James goes to N.Y. and wins a title -- he will be worshipped, King James, to be sure. ... If LeBron wins a title in Cleveland -- he will be worshipped as a god. Cleveland is the most championship-starved, tortured sports city in America, and with its continued economic problems, sports is about the only thing Clevelanders can get excited about. Even if it was just one -- nothing would ever be the same for Cleveland, or for LeBron."

In his blog, LeBron biographer Brian Windhorst, the Cavs beat reporter for the Akron Beacon-Journal, writes that no matter what happens on the court, the LeBron-leaving-Cleveland speculation will continue: "It doesn't matter about opt out clauses, endorsement bonuses, max contracts, someone will always believe No. 23 will want to leave. ... It will be impossible to stop everyone from talking about New York or Brooklyn or Paris. Accept it will always be there and move on."

Longtime NBA writer Terry Pluto, who co-authored "The Franchise" with Windhorst, insists the speculation is overheated: "Some media types insist they've heard 'from those close to James' that the Cavs star will head east the moment his contract expires in 2010. They point to how the Knicks and Nets are cleaning up their salary cap situations, creating room to bid for James in 2010.

"How about this scoop? James is now hanging around with SpongeBob SquarePants, and the two were spotted chomping crabby patties at the Krusty Krab. He must be ticketed for Bikini Bottom in 2010, not just making a cartoon for kids that stresses the need to exercise. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeBron to the Nets?

Eight members of our panel selected the Nets as the next destination for James. Besides his well-documented friendship with Shawn Carter (aka Jay-Z) and the fact that the Nets are practically part of the New York City market, why would he want to suit up with Vince Carter & Co.?

The Nets are clearly rebuilding, and if James wants to play on a Devin Harris and Yi Jianlian-type roster, he may as well keep suiting up with Mo Williams and the boys in Cleveland (although playing next to Yi is another path to "global icon" status, especially in China).

LeBron is rich, and so is Jay-Z. Surely they can come up with creative ways to get together for laughs and to spend lots of money without James playing for the team that Jay-Z owns a small part of.

But Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports wonders if Cleveland has enough glitz and glamour to prevent James from bolting to the Nets: "LeBron doesn't want to just win titles. His stated wants include becoming sport's first billionaire athlete. Among his advisors, he counts Warren Buffett. Jay-Z has helped James focus his mind on chasing something bigger than basketball. The question will be this: For the kid out of Akron, will his hometown -- will even winning -- be enough to hold onto LeBron James?"

And the Nets' expected move to Brooklyn could be the clincher for LeBron, if we are to take seriously his proclaimed love for the Nets' borough-to-be, as reported by Chris Sheridan: "My favorite borough? Brooklyn. Brooklyn is definitely a great place here in New York City, and some of my best friends are from Brooklyn."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeBron to the Knicks?

Does LeBron need New York? He is already an iconic figure with endorsements galore, and fans around the league idolize him. On the other hand, Madison Avenue and the brighter spotlights of Manhattan are beckoning.

If new president Donnie Walsh can clear the cap space and new coach Mike D'Antoni can create a LeBron-friendly style of play, the Knicks' plan might work, writes Chris Sheridan: "The New York Knicks are all about the summer of 2010, when James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all can become unrestricted free agents. Anything good that happens between now and then is gravy. But priority No. 1 is getting into position to go after those players, and there's an extremely viable backup plan of going after James in 2011 if he plays out the final season of his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers."

Certainly, Knicks fans have to be encouraged when they see LeBron in a Yankees hat or check out his Yankee-inspired shoes. And the web site nycforlebron.com is already trying to lay the groundwork: "Show your support -- fill out our petition that will be forwarded to the NYK front office on July 1, 2010."

But the Knicks won only 23 games last season, are far from having the cap space available to sign James to a max contract, and have a murky future. So no matter how much LeBron might talk about the allure of Madison Square Garden, the LBJ-to-NYC movement might be based mostly on speculation and wishful thinking right now.

LeBron to Europe?

Obviously playing for $50 million a season while building his international portfolio sounds attractive, but would LeBron really make the leap across the pond?

Despite the speculation that ran hot and heavy earlier in the summer, not one of our panelists bought into the idea that James would pack his bags and head overseas.

Of course, it was LeBron himself who fed the speculation, as reported by Chris Broussard on ESPN.com: "A person close to James said that the Cavaliers' superstar would strongly consider playing overseas if he was offered a salary of around '$50 million a year.'"

But ESPN.com contributor Ian Whittell doesn't think European owners will truly shell out for the NBA's biggest stars: "If, as people close to James have been claiming, an annual wage of $50 million would tempt the Cleveland Cavalier to move to Europe when he becomes a free agent in 2010, that would require Olympiacos to pay him around $80 million gross (i.e., before tax) -- assuming the $50 million is a net figure.

"That is a colossal amount of money, even for billionaire shipping owners such as Panagiotis and George Angelopoulos, the brothers who own 50 percent of Olympiacos and are bank-rolling the [Josh] Childress deal."

So where does that leave us? Back in the present: the summer of 2008. That means we're two long years -- or just two short years -- away from LeBron's decision.

Predictions compiled from the forecasts of 25 ESPN writers, editors and contributors: Henry Abbott, J.A. Adande, Kevin Arnovitz, Jon Barry, Jordan Brenner, Maurice Brooks, Chris Broussard, Ric Bucher, Chad Ford, Jemele Hill, John Hollinger, Mark Jackson, Scoop Jackson, Tim Legler, Jackie MacMullan, Chris Palmer, Chris Ramsay, Dr. Jack Ramsay, Jalen Rose, Chris Sheridan, Marc Stein, David Thorpe, Royce Webb, Brian Windhorst and Matt Wong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=LeBronFuture-080916

Nets fan 93
09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Hopefully Nets :)

iangallagher29
09-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Nets

knicks1214
09-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Hopefully the Knicks...he would really thrive in D'Antoni's system and might average very close to a triple double-30 ppg, 8 apg, and 9 rpg.

Nets fan 93
09-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Hopefully the Knicks...he would really thrive in D'Antoni's system and might average very close to a triple double-30 ppg, 8 apg, and 9 rpg.
Yeah but what do the Knicks have, besides a coach? I dont see Danilo being anything special and Chandler... isnt as impressive as people make him seem.

Z
King
Williams

Lopez
King
Harris

IDK man we are looking pretty good

#1Mavericksfan
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Back with the Cavs

23LBJCleBrowns
09-16-2008, 09:37 PM
he will take the option to stay with the cavs

23LBJCleBrowns
09-16-2008, 09:38 PM
and the knicks fan who posted this is a BUM. thats in two years it doesnt matter right now. I am just saying lebron wants to play for his home town and wants to bring a championship to clevelnad. we still have mroe trades to come

superkegger
09-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I think he'll end up in Brooklyn with the Nets. But really whever he goes won't surprise me, unless its Europe, he'll stay in the NBA for sure.

knicks1214
09-16-2008, 09:41 PM
How is he a bum? He posted something that was interesting. @Nets Fan_93, yeah you do have a solid core, I know that. But, Chandler is going to be a very solid player and Gallo will be a nice role player. When we get another lottery pick next year, we'll pick a center if Curry doesn't do well or hopefully a pg. It's going to be interesting to watch the Nets and the Knicks unfold their plans for getting Lebron. I highly doubt he goes back to Cleveland though...

Nets fan 93
09-16-2008, 09:49 PM
How is he a bum? He posted something that was interesting. @Nets Fan_93, yeah you do have a solid core, I know that. But, Chandler is going to be a very solid player and Gallo will be a nice role player. When we get another lottery pick next year, we'll pick a center if Curry doesn't do well or hopefully a pg. It's going to be interesting to watch the Nets and the Knicks unfold their plans for getting Lebron. I highly doubt he goes back to Cleveland though...
Knicks shoulda drafted Bayless.... I love our core coz what i mentioned wasnt even all of it...

Harris
Lopez
CDR
Yi
Swat
Anderson
Williams
Boone

All these player better develop...:pray:

Kiss Ma Grits
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah but what do the Knicks have, besides a coach? I dont see Danilo being anything special and Chandler... isnt as impressive as people make him seem.

Z
King
Williams

Lopez
King
Harris

IDK man we are looking pretty good

Lopez??? What has he done in the league to be compared to Z? Heck he didn't even look as good as Hickson, lmao.

I'd take Mo Williams over Devon Harris but that's just my opinion. Many people would tell you that they're more even then you're even willing to admit.

Here's the thing for the 1thousandth time, Even if the Nets signed Lebron and we all know he's going to seek $20 million also a year. How are they going to add any pieces along with him? Vince will be untradable and on the decline so you're not going to get nothing of value for him the longer you wait. Yi? Unproven. Lopez? unproven. The Nets won't have the cap NOR the pieces to help Lebron get help. He'll be sort of in the same boat as he was in Cleveland. On top of that, the Nets management (outside of clearing cap space) haven't proven that they could build a championship caliber team in the last 5 years. Kidd, Richardson, and Carter although stars were FAR from enough. Lebron beat them by himself.

Again, the Nets can add Lebron but they won't have much else to offer him so even if they get him ain't no titles coming thru brooklynn. You can throw Draft picks out of the window because with Lebron you'll be drafting low every year just like us.....

The perfect storm would have to happen for the Nets to not continue the trend that had taken place in Cleveland (Though I can't blame Ferry for getting Hughes, Marshall, D-Jones, and resigning Z).

As far as the Cavs,

They're in better shape then Lebron because they have a better relistic chance of being in a superstar in 2010 then the Nets OR the Knicks do because we have the bird rights to Lebron AND we have cap space to sign players before him.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-16-2008, 09:53 PM

How are the Nets or the Knicks gonna get an allstar to play next to Lebron? They don't have the pieces to pull off such a move NOR would they have the cap space once they signed Lebron.:rolleyes:

knicks1214
09-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Nets Fan, I personally wanted Mayo first, then Bayless, then Gallo or Westbrook. But I'm fine with any of them. New York is also the media capital of the U.S. and maybe the world and his Nike contract gives him a bonus if he plays in a larger market-Brooklyn Nets or NY Knicks. He would get paid a little less from the team, but he would make more from the publicity and Nike...Like I said in a previous post in a different topic, the Knicks actually can have I think it was 39 million in cap, or more, the season Lebron becomes a free agent if everything happens as planned.

Sox Appeal
09-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Brooklyn.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-16-2008, 10:07 PM
He'll be in Cleveland

Yogi
09-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Bklyn.

NYKnickFanatic
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
and the knicks fan who posted this is a BUM. thats in two years it doesnt matter right now. I am just saying lebron wants to play for his home town and wants to bring a championship to clevelnad. we still have mroe trades to come

Im a bum, because I posted an article that ESPN was writing about.

But, you had the time to post in the thread...and Im the bum...

If you dont like the thread, dont post in it.

So stop being a little ***** and deal with it, or just shut the **** up.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Nets Fan, I personally wanted Mayo first, then Bayless, then Gallo or Westbrook. But I'm fine with any of them. New York is also the media capital of the U.S. and maybe the world and his Nike contract gives him a bonus if he plays in a larger market-Brooklyn Nets or NY Knicks. He would get paid a little less from the team, but he would make more from the publicity and Nike...Like I said in a previous post in a different topic, the Knicks actually can have I think it was 39 million in cap, or more, the season Lebron becomes a free agent if everything happens as planned.

That's the thing "If" is a word hanging on hope. You guys haven't moved Randolph, Richardson, Crawford, or Malbury yet and it's HIGHLY unlikely that you will because of their age, attitude, and value. Other teams are positioning themselves to make a run at Lebron too so it's going to be harder and harder to move those big phat contracts.

Plus, the Knicks management proved that they STILL don't have a clue. Yeah kudos for getting rid of Thomas but passing on a young point guard in the process??? Then you guys drafted a guy who plays the same position as Lebron. Bad move Knick front office. I actually cheered when they did that. If they drafted Bayless I would have been a lil' more concerned but I honestly think they're out of the Lebron sweepstakes. That organization is too impatienct to build around Lebron....

knicks1214
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Q's contract ends the year Lebron becomes a free agent-same as Curry. Marbury ends this year. Randolph will definitely be traded before Lebron is a free agent...in fact, it might happen this year to a contending team that needs a low post scorer or just a team that needs a low post scorer-Memphis. Gallo will be able to play pf for D'Antoni after this season and Chandler can play sg, sf, or pf. Time to sleep.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Im a bum, because I posted an article that ESPN was writing about.

But, you had the time to post in the thread...and Im the bum...

If you dont like the thread, dont post in it.

So stop being a little ***** and deal with it, or just shut the **** up.

srry i overreacted there it just pisses me off how ppl r always talking about lebron in 2010 when it doesnt matter right now

mlisica19
09-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Yea, theres talk about Europe. but i dont think it will happen. one year, 50 million to play a whole different type of basketball, this is the best time to do it it will improve his game and his shooting but its not worth it. Lebron James belongs in the best league in the world for basketball, the NBA. And the NBA will not allow him to leave, they will increase cap space, pay him bonuses, and so on that it will lead to his re signing with th NBA but which team?

the NETS BABY!!!!

The team with the knicks is making room for him, but the nets actually have a good team. James is used to having a bad team aorund him, he now wants a talented hard working team. not Richardson and marbury! and JAy Z and himhave a plan for the future, being best friends i think its impossible to stop lebron from coming to brooklyn

philab
09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
I ****ing hate ESPN. I've been through this whole "LeBron leaving" thing before, so I'll spare everyone. This is just ridiculous, though. Anyone who is not a Cavaliers fan, try to put yourself in our situation and imagine how infuriating it is. The same story, like twice a month now, with absolutely no substance behind it.

I love how, even though Cleveland gets the most votes in terms of destinations (11-8-5-1), ESPN spins it to "Majority of the panel says 'Not in Cleveland.'"

JMan17
09-16-2008, 10:40 PM
That's the thing "If" is a word hanging on hope. You guys haven't moved Randolph, Richardson, Crawford, or Malbury yet and it's HIGHLY unlikely that you will because of their age, attitude, and value. Other teams are positioning themselves to make a run at Lebron too so it's going to be harder and harder to move those big phat contracts.

Plus, the Knicks management proved that they STILL don't have a clue. Yeah kudos for getting rid of Thomas but passing on a young point guard in the process??? Then you guys drafted a guy who plays the same position as Lebron. Bad move Knick front office. I actually cheered when they did that. If they drafted Bayless I would have been a lil' more concerned but I honestly think they're out of the Lebron sweepstakes. That organization is too impatienct to build around Lebron....

do you actually think lebron cares about any of that crap? Do you have ANY IDEA how much money he would get in NY or NJ?

No matter how bad or good the knicks or the nets are they can offer him so much more then the cavs can ever offer. having Mo and big Z with out lebron is not a better lineup then the knicks or nets, let's compare...

lets say Lebron is a FA, and this the lineup for the cavs, the knicks, and the nets without lebron...

Cavs:
PG: Mo
SG: West (i don't know they don't have a good SG)
SF: Wally
PF: Ben Wallace
C: Big Z

that's like an 10 win team right there lol

Knicks:
PG: Duhan
SG: Crawford
SF: Danilo/Chandler
PF: Randolph (or Lee if randolph is traded)
C: Eddy Curry

last year with Q-rich and Marbary they were a 32 win team i believe and with Danilo as an upgrade, Duhan not so much but still a better team then the Cavs.

Nets:
PG: Devin Harris
SG: VC
SF: Yi
PF: Swift (or someone else i believe)
C: Lopez

this is SO much of a better lineup then the cavs would have without lebron no question.

now these are the lineups lebron is looking at in 2010 when his contract expires. Both NY and NJ way better then the cavs without lebron on the cavs.

Now the only way i can see lebron staying is ACTUALLY GETTING ANOTHER PLAYER ON HIS SIDE! Lebron needs good players, not decent guys like Mo and Big Z, he needs more then that. If the Cavs WERE to get players like VC, AI, or something like that, he will stay. but with the crappy cavs FO, i don't see any of that happening.

Lastly like i said before, Cleveland is one of the biggest loser states in America. There football team is crap, there baseball team is crap, and the most money the cavs can give is like their entire life savings in order just to keep him. NJ can pay him more and Jay-Z can make lebron be in his rap videos :p. NY can pay him 10 times more then A-rod.

my conclusion: Lebron is leaving unless cavs get another star, book it!

Dynasty
09-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Here's the thing for the 1thousandth time, Even if the Nets signed Lebron and we all know he's going to seek $20 million also a year. How are they going to add any pieces along with him? Vince will be untradable and on the decline so you're not going to get nothing of value for him the longer you wait. Yi? Unproven. Lopez? unproven. The Nets won't have the cap NOR the pieces to help Lebron get help. He'll be sort of in the same boat as he was in Cleveland. On top of that, the Nets management (outside of clearing cap space) haven't proven that they could build a championship caliber team in the last 5 years. Kidd, Richardson, and Carter although stars were FAR from enough. Lebron beat them by himself.

Nets expirings in 2 years or less (we are already under the cap):

Bobby Simmons: 13 Million
Trenton Hassell: 4ish million
Keith Van Horn: 3.5 Million
Eduardo Najera: 4 Million
Stromile Swift: 6.2 Million

MANY others

how isn't that enough? We can keep Devin Harris, Vince Carter, and everyone else that's good and will develop strongly

Beno7500
09-16-2008, 11:26 PM
He is not leaving Cleveland.

knowledgeGOD
09-16-2008, 11:37 PM
back with the cavs

kobe24>jordan23
09-16-2008, 11:47 PM
lakers lol!

Kiss Ma Grits
09-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Nets expirings in 2 years or less (we are already under the cap):

Bobby Simmons: 13 Million
Trenton Hassell: 4ish million
Keith Van Horn: 3.5 Million
Eduardo Najera: 4 Million
Stromile Swift: 6.2 Million

MANY others

how isn't that enough? We can keep Devin Harris, Vince Carter, and everyone else that's good and will develop strongly

Here's the thing Einstein: Those guys may come off the books but unless you plan on replacing those guys with developmental league players most of that salary may be eaten up by other players coming in to fill in roster space. Devin Harris is good but I think Mo is better right now. As far as Vince goes, I highly doubt he'll be anything special in 2 years. He's already on the decline.

You also have to look at it like this, No super star is going to sign with you guys until Lebron signs fearing another Baron Davis, Elton Brand/Clipper situation. What happens then if Lebron signs back with Cleveland, Wade signs back with Miami, and Bosh signs with Toronto? Then what? Jay Z got rich rapping, maybe he needs to stick with it.....

Kiss Ma Grits
09-17-2008, 12:22 AM
do you actually think lebron cares about any of that crap? Do you have ANY IDEA how much money he would get in NY or NJ?

No matter how bad or good the knicks or the nets are they can offer him so much more then the cavs can ever offer. having Mo and big Z with out lebron is not a better lineup then the knicks or nets, let's compare...

lets say Lebron is a FA, and this the lineup for the cavs, the knicks, and the nets without lebron...

Cavs:

Knicks:

last year with Q-rich and Marbary they were a 32 win team i believe and with Danilo as an upgrade, Duhan not so much but still a better team then the Cavs.

Nets:

this is SO much of a better lineup then the cavs would have without lebron no question.

now these are the lineups lebron is looking at in 2010 when his contract expires. Both NY and NJ way better then the cavs without lebron on the cavs.

Now the only way i can see lebron staying is ACTUALLY GETTING ANOTHER PLAYER ON HIS SIDE! Lebron needs good players, not decent guys like Mo and Big Z, he needs more then that. If the Cavs WERE to get players like VC, AI, or something like that, he will stay. but with the crappy cavs FO, i don't see any of that happening.

Lastly like i said before, Cleveland is one of the biggest loser states in America. There football team is crap, there baseball team is crap, and the most money the cavs can give is like their entire life savings in order just to keep him. NJ can pay him more and Jay-Z can make lebron be in his rap videos :p. NY can pay him 10 times more then A-rod.

Going to New York and not winning a title could REALLY tarnish the mystique and legend of Lebron. Everything in New York is under a scope WAAAY more then it is in lets say a small market like Cleveland so though New York may have it's perks it also has its disadvantages. Take A-Rod for instance, everyone can see how miserable he is in New York. The pressure to win looms VERY LARGE in New York. Though you New York fans like to speak on the fact that Lebron wants the lime light here's some other things that you either don't know or you're all just ignorant to understand/acknowledge. Lebron loves to keep his private life private which is something else that he won't have in New York. Then there's the fact that he'll be leaving his friends and family to play in a place where they can't come to see him.

You New Yorkers think it's ALL about money but the truth of the matter is, there's just as good of a chance of him staying as it is of him leaving but believe what you want to believe..........have fun at the expense of Cav fans because we're all sitting here counting the days just like you. I'm going to be the first to let you know that if you miss out on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh that we're going to surely rub it in the misery of ALL new yorkers just as you're doing right now and oh how I can't wait.....just like you cause I'm most definitely gonna pure it on.....:clap::smoking:

goku
09-17-2008, 12:47 AM
rockets lol

FortyDubs
09-17-2008, 01:14 AM
The Warriors!

rico
09-17-2008, 01:38 AM
if he doesnt stay in ohio he will be in nyc or brooklyn...

but i hope he comes to chicago instead :)

bigmac8675
09-17-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't care.... as long as its in the NBA and not Europe.

Blue Tiger
09-17-2008, 02:12 AM
I hope LeBron say fvck New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers and come play for the Bulls and be the next true Jordan since he's wearing the same number as him. But between those three choices I hope he stays in Cleveland.

Dynasty
09-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Here's the thing Einstein: Those guys may come off the books but unless you plan on replacing those guys with developmental league players most of that salary may be eaten up by other players coming in to fill in roster space. Devin Harris is good but I think Mo is better right now. As far as Vince goes, I highly doubt he'll be anything special in 2 years. He's already on the decline.

You also have to look at it like this, No super star is going to sign with you guys until Lebron signs fearing another Baron Davis, Elton Brand/Clipper situation. What happens then if Lebron signs back with Cleveland, Wade signs back with Miami, and Bosh signs with Toronto? Then what? Jay Z got rich rapping, maybe he needs to stick with it.....

what other players are going to eat our salary? The Nets have only ONE expiring after next season, and about 5 the offseason Lebron becomes a FA (and note that we ALREADY are under the cap)

Our expirings mean NOTHING to our team, because we are rebuilding, they are nothing special

We don't need Simmons
-or Stromile Swift
-or Trenton Hassell
-or Keith Van Horn

or other unsignifcant players

We need
-Yi Jianlian
-Chris Douglas Roberts
-Brook Lopez
-Josh Boone
-Devin Harris
-Vince Carter
-Sean Williams
-Ryan Anderson

Those guys will be GREAT in two years, and they will still be under contract by that time

Our salary will be 38.8 M in that market, so we have the space to get Lebron AND others

Devin Harris (star in 2 years)
Vince Carter (How is he declining? 22-6-5 on ONE ankle is great)
Lebron James (best player)
Yi Jianlian (developed in 2 years)
Josh Boone (came off a double-double season, as a sophomore)

Sean Williams (amazing in two years)
CDR, Anderson (great in two years)
Brook Lopez (lottery pick)

-plus the other good players we sign with the remaining salary

-plus our lottery pick for next year

-plus brooklyn

-plus Jay Z

-plus a very large market

what more can you ask for?

oshea225
09-17-2008, 08:41 AM
i'd hate it if he went to europe. hopefully he stays in cleveland, but if not then i'd like him on nets or knicks, cuz then i can see him a lot more haha

NYKnickFanatic
09-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I just want him in New York.

Doesnt matter if its the Knicks or Nets.

Of course I would love for him to come to the Knicks, but Brooklyn is easier to travel too. ;)

JMan17
09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Going to New York and not winning a title could REALLY tarnish the mystique and legend of Lebron. Everything in New York is under a scope WAAAY more then it is in lets say a small market like Cleveland so though New York may have it's perks it also has its disadvantages. Take A-Rod for instance, everyone can see how miserable he is in New York. The pressure to win looms VERY LARGE in New York. Though you New York fans like to speak on the fact that Lebron wants the lime light here's some other things that you either don't know or you're all just ignorant to understand/acknowledge. Lebron loves to keep his private life private which is something else that he won't have in New York. Then there's the fact that he'll be leaving his friends and family to play in a place where they can't come to see him.

You New Yorkers think it's ALL about money but the truth of the matter is, there's just as good of a chance of him staying as it is of him leaving but believe what you want to believe..........have fun at the expense of Cav fans because we're all sitting here counting the days just like you. I'm going to be the first to let you know that if you miss out on Lebron, Wade, and Bosh that we're going to surely rub it in the misery of ALL new yorkers just as you're doing right now and oh how I can't wait.....just like you cause I'm most definitely gonna pure it on.....:clap::smoking:

you don't understand do you? did you ever hear what lebron said in one of his interviews? he said one of his life goals is becoming a Billionare. It's not NYorkers buddy, it's lebron. He wants the money. He wnats the championchip of course but with him on ANY team makes the team a contender, wheather it's for the championchiop or not. You did not read any of my post did you?

loves to keep his life private? really? i guess all those Ads of lebron with "the 4brons" and a documentary about his life REALLY MAKES HIM PRIVATE RIGHT?

He would leave his family sure but so did Farve?

Yep, and as a laker fan i'm gonna enjoy the last 2 years of failure and cavs fans sucking his **** for those 2 years then when he leaves the cavs will become the worst team for 2 years then the Cavs will end up like seattle and move to Alaska and become the "Alaska Beavers"

fishfan79
09-17-2008, 01:11 PM
miami

Wade + Lebron + B Easy = championships

NYKnickFanatic
09-17-2008, 01:19 PM
miami

Wade + Lebron + B Easy = championships

Smh.

They cant sign Wade AND LeBron.

Who knows if Wade even wants to stay.

IndyRealist
09-17-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not a New Yorker, and I think Lebron is going to New York. For the money. Who's going to turn down something like $40 million in endorsement money, for something he was going to do regardless? All he has to do is change addresses.

weebs
09-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I can't see him leaving.

ugottabjoshinme
09-17-2008, 02:50 PM

Cavs:

Knicks:

Nets:

First of all, Cleveland is not a state. It is in Ohio. Second, Cleveland will be able to offer him the most money because they have his larry bird rights. So unless knicks and nets clear enough space under the cap to offer him a 6 year max contract, cleveland will be able to give more money. If the nets or knicks do happen to clear enough cap space to offer him that max, they wont have much other talent on their roster.

knicks1214
09-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Even if the Knicks or Nets are far enough under the cap to offer a max contract, NY in general would generate more money from him. So he gets lets say 5 mill less in salary, he probably makes anywhere from 5-10 more from Nike for being in a bigger market (in his contract) and then all the publicity he would get for being in the biggest market in the world. And, both teams have good young talent...the Cavs are getting older...

hdxstunts1
09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Im guesing the Ney Work Nets(Yes i said NY because they will probably change their name by then. He is from there i thought!

futureheisman
09-17-2008, 05:09 PM
knicks

cmstophe
09-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Lastly like i said before, Cleveland is one of the biggest loser states in America. There football team is crap, there baseball team is crap, and the most money the cavs can give is like their entire life savings in order just to keep him. NJ can pay him more and Jay-Z can make lebron be in his rap videos . NY can pay him 10 times more then A-rod.

Wow, classy dude.

I think it was those Indians who kicked your ***** in the playoffs last year...but I could be wrong. For the record, Cleveland is a city, not a state.

Man, can't stand ignorant and arrogant New York fans. Bunch of tools. Lebron will probably stay in Cleveland; I hope he does, it'll be better for the NBA and it will give a smaller city/market like Cleveland more rep in the sports world, and hopefully he can give those people a championship soon.

Cavs fans, ignore the jealous bastards from New York.

BullsNumber1Fan
09-17-2008, 06:07 PM
CHICAGO with Rose, Deng, Tyrus, Noah.

ShakeN'Bake
09-17-2008, 06:23 PM
At his house, hes going to retire...

JMan17
09-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Wow, classy dude.

I think it was those Indians who kicked your ***** in the playoffs last year...but I could be wrong. For the record, Cleveland is a city, not a state.

Man, can't stand ignorant and arrogant New York fans. Bunch of tools. Lebron will probably stay in Cleveland; I hope he does, it'll be better for the NBA and it will give a smaller city/market like Cleveland more rep in the sports world, and hopefully he can give those people a championship soon.

Cavs fans, ignore the jealous bastards from New York.

sorry, i forgot that Ohio even existed ;). And i don't care about baseball that much, and where are you're indians now? oh yea they suck deep **** right now. Yankees suck too but not as bad as the Indians lol.

i'm not even a New York fan? lol and I'm saying this crap.

well guess what? Cavs getting no other star player=no championship, no lebron, and Changing the team name to the Alaska Beavers.

NYMetros
09-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I want him to stay with Cleveland. Here's an idea on how to play on a bigger stage (other than playing for the Knicks, or Nets when they make the move) -- get your team to the NBA Finals. Then everyone will be watching you.

JMan17
09-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I want him to stay with Cleveland. Here's an idea on how to play on a bigger stage (other than playing for the Knicks or Nets) -- get your team to the NBA Finals.

great idea, i'm sure he would do that with the cavs ;)

knicks1214
09-17-2008, 08:14 PM
NY has arguable the largest market in the world. With all the publicity Lebron would get, he would be making so many more headlines and would be getting more money from Nike-something he won't do if he stays in Cleveland.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-17-2008, 08:38 PM
i have to say one thing the cavs have $30 million dollars of cap space in 2010. we can sign wade, bosh, or amare in the in 2010 than we can re sign lebron

knicks1214
09-17-2008, 08:51 PM
None of them would be willing to play second fiddle to Lebron...Plus, I think Amare is going to end up playing only on teams that play little to no defense and are pretty uptempo.

Cavs_Fan24
09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I think he'll stay in Cleveland. I mean, if he REALLY wanted yo leave, then why would he have re-signed with the Cavs in the first place?:confused:

He would've already been in NY if he really wanted to, maybe he'd just rather stay in his hometown.

And I am NOT saying this as a Cleveland fan, i am saying it as a fan in general.

knicks1214
09-17-2008, 09:00 PM
He stayed in Cleveland because he thought that they had the best chance for a title at that time. In two years, the Cavs will be further from a title because Z and Big Ben are already crumpling down and are declining slowly but surely. Plus, most players after they are drafted tend to resign with the team that drafted him.

_Sn1P3r_
09-17-2008, 09:12 PM
My unrealistic wish:

C- JO / Bargs
PF- CB4 / Hump
SF-LBJ / Moon
SG-AP / Kapono
PG- Jose / Ukic

My realistic guess:

Cleveland

Vinny642
09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
not with the hornets !!!

23LBJCleBrowns
09-17-2008, 09:49 PM
He stayed in Cleveland because he thought that they had the best chance for a title at that time. In two years, the Cavs will be further from a title because Z and Big Ben are already crumpling down and are declining slowly but surely. Plus, most players after they are drafted tend to resign with the team that drafted him.

and u think the knicks have a better chance than us. the cavs r still going to make more moves. your saying the cavs will make any movesin the next two years

sixer04fan
09-17-2008, 09:54 PM
this should be a poll question..

ShaunRiching9
09-17-2008, 09:59 PM
id lick to see him suit up for the Sparks him and candace parker could have lots of potential to gether

knicks1214
09-17-2008, 10:38 PM
You wouldn't be able to get anyone with two declining centers...the only thing you could get would be probably an early second/really late first round draft pick. And with the individual talent that the knicks have in Randolph (individual not team), there are going to be some teams looking to get a low post scorer before the trade deadline, if he is not in Memphis by then.

$ NyC $
09-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Cleveland may have Bird rights but the money lost could be made up thanks to his Nike Deal. You Cleveland fans are the ignorant ones so nervous and in denial that LeBron might leave. Us NY fans are just stating the reasons why he might come 2 NY. The Cavs, Nets, and Knicks all have good reasons as 2 why LBJ might come 2 our team, but out of the 3 i gotta tell you the Cavs have the worse one. One of you said you will have 30m in cap and could sign another superstar. All of those stars will be demanding a max contract so that's not gonna work out. LeBrons been with the Cavs and they haven't done crap. Mo Williams is def. gonna help but they got him 2 shut you guys up. It's another one of those little Cav moves just 2 make some noise. If they don't get 2 the Finals again before 2010 i can guarantee you he's not gonna waste his career in Ohio. Even if it ain't the Knicks i'll be content with him being in NY.

JMan17
09-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Cleveland may have Bird rights but the money lost could be made up thanks to his Nike Deal. You Cleveland fans are the ignorant ones so nervous and in denial that LeBron might leave. Us NY fans are just stating the reasons why he might come 2 NY. The Cavs, Nets, and Knicks all have good reasons as 2 why LBJ might come 2 our team, but out of the 3 i gotta tell you the Cavs have the worse one. One of you said you will have 30m in cap and could sign another superstar. All of those stars will be demanding a max contract so that's not gonna work out. LeBrons been with the Cavs and they haven't done crap. Mo Williams is def. gonna help but they got him 2 shut you guys up. It's another one of those little Cav moves just 2 make some noise. If they don't get 2 the Finals again before 2010 i can guarantee you he's not gonna waste his career in Ohio. Even if it ain't the Knicks i'll be content with him being in NY.

i got 3 teams that he might join in 2010.

Knicks - which means Lebron will get the most popularity since computers were made, and a much bigger endorsement deal and nike deals and what not. And every knicks fan will go strip naked

Nets - gets to be with potential players that have a good shot with lebron and once again gets so much money and gets to be in Jay-Z's rap videos.

Lakers - he signs an MLE and lakers go 82-0 and wins 6 or 7 championships until kobe retires :D. (just kidding :laugh2: )

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 12:24 AM
i think he will stay with his home town team the cavs

cmstophe
09-18-2008, 11:42 AM
sorry, i forgot that Ohio even existed ;). And i don't care about baseball that much, and where are you're indians now? oh yea they suck deep **** right now. Yankees suck too but not as bad as the Indians lol.

i'm not even a New York fan? lol and I'm saying this crap.

well guess what? Cavs getting no other star player=no championship, no lebron, and Changing the team name to the Alaska Beavers.

Good excuse, "Yankees suck but not as bad as the Indians!" I don't follow the Indians much but I checked some information on this season, guess who won the season series between the two? The Indians. That's okay, though, you don't follow baseball. Try reading my post next time, I'm not even a Cleveland fan but I like seeing smaller markets do well and take on the punks of the sports world like New York and Boston. That's why I laughed and laughed heartily as I watched the Indians eliminate the Yankees and relished in the "woe is me" attitude of New York fans during that great, classic playoff series. Ah, their tears were beautiful. Every year New York doesn't win a championship in a sport is another good year (I actually have little issue with the Giants, but that's only because all their fans hated the QB and coach until they won an SB)

I speak on behalf of everyone here:

Stop being a jealous bastard. You're jealous. Just enjoy the fact that a smaller market team/city has the greatest player in the world. it's good for the NBA. Not everyone wants to go to New York, so just quit being jealous. I think it's hilarious how you're trying to mask your jealousy to have Lebron on your team. That goes to all you New York honks. God, I hate NY fans. Bunch of jealous D-bags.

I think it's hilarious. :D And I enjoy it. Enjoy your crappy *** basketball teams in New York.

JMan17
09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Good excuse, "Yankees suck but not as bad as the Indians!" I don't follow the Indians much but I checked some information on this season, guess who won the season series between the two? The Indians. That's okay, though, you don't follow baseball. Try reading my post next time, I'm not even a Cleveland fan but I like seeing smaller markets do well and take on the punks of the sports world like New York and Boston. That's why I laughed and laughed heartily as I watched the Indians eliminate the Yankees and relished in the "woe is me" attitude of New York fans during that great, classic playoff series. Ah, their tears were beautiful. Every year New York doesn't win a championship in a sport is another good year (I actually have little issue with the Giants, but that's only because all their fans hated the QB and coach until they won an SB)

Stop being a jealous bastard. You're jealous. Just enjoy the fact that a smaller market team/city has the greatest player in the world. it's good for the NBA. Not everyone wants to go to New York, so just quit being jealous. I think it's hilarious how you're trying to mask your jealousy to have Lebron on your team. That goes to all you New York honks. God, I hate NY fans. Bunch of jealous D-bags.

I think it's hilarious. :D And I enjoy it. Enjoy your crappy *** basketball teams in New York.

woooo. i can be gay with baseball too, guess who won in match ups in total? guess who has 26 titles? i follow baseball but not as much as basketball. Sorry but just because you beat the yankees in ONE series (actually 2 if you count 97 but you were probably not even born to see it) you think you're team is the greatest? sorry for hitting the red button. Actually no, you're the one who brought up baseball so screw you.

jealous of what? Ohio being one of the biggest loser states ever? Not even their collage teams are any good? Jealous of what? Oh and 2nd best player buddy, you forgot a guy named kobe, you heard of him right?

I think it's hilarious how you mask you're nervousness for even talking about it and a cavs fan opening a thread about it. All it shows is how scared they are about lebron leaving.

by the way i'm a lakers fan :). enjoy you're 40 win team and going out in the 2nd round. Since of course the cavs have never even won a game in the finals.

Hawkeye15
09-18-2008, 07:24 PM

26 world championships trumps all other sports franchises, the Yankees are the greatest sports team of all time. Even if you don't like them, that is the reality.
The reason he may go to NY is because the marketing there is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much higher than Cleveland, and he has friends with power their. That being said, I think he stays in Cleveland.

rapswin98
09-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Toronto

cmstophe
09-18-2008, 08:54 PM
woooo. i can be gay with baseball too, guess who won in match ups in total? guess who has 26 titles? i follow baseball but not as much as basketball. Sorry but just because you beat the yankees in ONE series (actually 2 if you count 97 but you were probably not even born to see it) you think you're team is the greatest? sorry for hitting the red button. Actually no, you're the one who brought up baseball so screw you.

jealous of what? Ohio being one of the biggest loser states ever? Not even their collage teams are any good? Jealous of what? Oh and 2nd best player buddy, you forgot a guy named kobe, you heard of him right?

I think it's hilarious how you mask you're nervousness for even talking about it and a cavs fan opening a thread about it. All it shows is how scared they are about lebron leaving.

by the way i'm a lakers fan :). enjoy you're 40 win team and going out in the 2nd round. Since of course the cavs have never even won a game in the finals.

Huh? I'm a Lakers fan you fool.....I already said that but that just proves you don't read posts.

Guess you must be... "gay"? What are we, in middle school?

I will say it again: Stop being jealous of other teams. You are a joke. An absolute joke. If you really are a Lakers fan you are an embarassment to us all. Do us a favor and find a bridge and leap off because

1) I dont appreciate your use of the word "gay"
2) I dont appreciate you saying "screw yourself"
3) You're arrogant and have NOTHING to be arrogant about; you are a joke; a blip on the face of this Earth; i.e., utterly useless human being who has done nothing for any of these sports team yet has the audacity to call people losers

I am a fan of sports in general. I appreciate Lebron for what he is: the greatest player in the world. We are all witnesses, right? I can appreciate that, even if he isn't playing for my team. All sports stars, I appreciate my God given right to witness that talent at work. You, on the other hand, are a tool, an embarassment to sports fans everywhere. Get over yourself.

I pride myself on keeping up in all major sports, so if you have the audacity to call Ohio a "loser state", which is pretty insulting to anybody who lives there and views it as their home, I challenge you to tell me where YOU live and allow me to rip it apart. You reek of a bandwagon fan so I doubt you live anywhere near LA. USC, Dodger Blue, and Lakers 4 LIFE...and I want you to stay the hell away from my teams because you are an embarassment.

Anyways, that's off track- what I really wanted to get at in that last paragraph: my Trojans played a little ol' school called Ohio State University, been on the down swing the past couple of years, but they are a top 5 athletic program in the country. I have visited the campus and have family that have graduated there, they are top notch. Buckeye football is legendary across the nation, right up there with USC and Florida in lore and tradition. Last I checked, THEY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002, and continuously dominate their conference despite down years as of late.

So don't go spouting your mouth off. Watch what you say. Show some freakin respect. Because remember, you are just a joke of a fan, you bring nothing to the table but hate and bias. Try opening up and being a sports fan for once, not just a fan of whatever team you root for but all of sports, and try to appreciate your chance to watch this talent at work, no matter what state or city it works magic within.

Sorry for the rant.

PS: Learn to ****ing spell.

26 world championships trumps all other sports franchises, the Yankees are the greatest sports team of all time. Even if you don't like them, that is the reality.
The reason he may go to NY is because the marketing there is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much higher than Cleveland, and he has friends with power their. That being said, I think he stays in Cleveland.

Not right now they're not...they're a joke right now. Most people outside of NY hate the Yankees, so don't act like I'm some minority.

That said, I know they are a very celebrated franchise. I agree with most of what you say though. You are a knowledgable sports fan and are able to talk without being biased and insulting.

IndyRealist
09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
You all are awfully touchy. Lebron wants to be the best, ever. If he doesn't win a championship in the next two years he will more than likely look to move to a team that can spend more money on salary than a small market team can. The Knicks were one of the worst teams in the league last year, have $99M (!!!) in salary. The average team only brings in something like $80M in revenue. Can the Cavs afford a $99M payroll, with $28M in luxury tax on top of that?

Forget sign-and-trades, he's going to sign with whatever team he wants, because that sixth year the Cavs can offer doesn't mean anything to him. If he signs a five year deal then he will only be 30 when that deal expires and will still command a max length contract for another 5 (or 6) years.

cmstophe
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
You all are awfully touchy. Lebron wants to be the best, ever. If he doesn't win a championship in the next two years he will more than likely look to move to a team that can spend more money on salary than a small market team can. The Knicks were one of the worst teams in the league last year, have $99M (!!!) in salary. The average team only brings in something like $80M in revenue. Can the Cavs afford a $99M payroll, with $28M in luxury tax on top of that?

Forget sign-and-trades, he's going to sign with whatever team he wants, because that sixth year the Cavs can offer doesn't mean anything to him. If he signs a five year deal then he will only be 30 when that deal expires and will still command a max length contract for another 5 (or 6) years.

I can't stand arrogance especially from a FAN, who knows who/what he really is but he isn't the one winning his team's games and to call people losers and use the word "gay" the way he does it rubs me the wrong way and I dislike people like that.

We'll see what Lebron does, I dont mind discussion as I think LBJ can stay in Cleveland or go to NY or who knows? Go to Europe? Discussion is legit. I'd personally prefer to see him stay at home, that just makes me feel good to see a player try to bring a success-starved blue collar city and take them to glory...I think that's pretty legit and I can relate with a cat like that. I think his legacy is cheapened so much (in my eyes, not the media's) if he just bolts to NY so he can be in the bright lights and scrutinized 100x more than he is in Cleveland and earn a ton more money from endorsements.

We'll see. The Cavs dont have a cheapy owner, BTW.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-18-2008, 09:31 PM

quit kissing lebrons ***.:moon:
hes like a god to u :worthy:
quit beating a dead horse he is not going to NY they suck:horse:

u guys r scared u wont get him in 2010:ohno:

cmstophe
09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
NY sucks right now but any team with LBJ is a contender...well, sort of. I think the Cavs have other quality pieces like Gibson and Ilgauskas who make that team roll but it is ALL centered around Lebron as he is the gear that makes it go, primarily...they brought in Mo to help hopefully gel with him and be a second scoring option and take pressure off LBJ and I have a feeling that is going to work out better than most people think.

pimpunleashed
09-18-2008, 10:24 PM
miami

C-?
PF- Beasley
SF-Lebron
SG-Wade
PG-chamblers

cmellofan15
09-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I'll be bold and say

Cavs... I don't think he's gonna give this up unless he's wanting somethin better, which really isn't an option. This is like a dream job; sponsors, leading a team, being the best of ALL TIME on your team, and (drum roll please) playing ball close to home.

JMan17
09-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Huh? I'm a Lakers fan you fool.....I already said that but that just proves you don't read posts.

Guess you must be... "gay"? What are we, in middle school?

I will say it again: Stop being jealous of other teams. You are a joke. An absolute joke. If you really are a Lakers fan you are an embarassment to us all. Do us a favor and find a bridge and leap off because

1) I dont appreciate your use of the word "gay"
2) I dont appreciate you saying "screw yourself"
3) You're arrogant and have NOTHING to be arrogant about; you are a joke; a blip on the face of this Earth; i.e., utterly useless human being who has done nothing for any of these sports team yet has the audacity to call people losers

I am a fan of sports in general. I appreciate Lebron for what he is: the greatest player in the world. We are all witnesses, right? I can appreciate that, even if he isn't playing for my team. All sports stars, I appreciate my God given right to witness that talent at work. You, on the other hand, are a tool, an embarassment to sports fans everywhere. Get over yourself.

I pride myself on keeping up in all major sports, so if you have the audacity to call Ohio a "loser state", which is pretty insulting to anybody who lives there and views it as their home, I challenge you to tell me where YOU live and allow me to rip it apart. You reek of a bandwagon fan so I doubt you live anywhere near LA. USC, Dodger Blue, and Lakers 4 LIFE...and I want you to stay the hell away from my teams because you are an embarassment.

Anyways, that's off track- what I really wanted to get at in that last paragraph: my Trojans played a little ol' school called Ohio State University, been on the down swing the past couple of years, but they are a top 5 athletic program in the country. I have visited the campus and have family that have graduated there, they are top notch. Buckeye football is legendary across the nation, right up there with USC and Florida in lore and tradition. Last I checked, THEY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002, and continuously dominate their conference despite down years as of late.

So don't go spouting your mouth off. Watch what you say. Show some freakin respect. Because remember, you are just a joke of a fan, you bring nothing to the table but hate and bias. Try opening up and being a sports fan for once, not just a fan of whatever team you root for but all of sports, and try to appreciate your chance to watch this talent at work, no matter what state or city it works magic within.

Sorry for the rant.

PS: Learn to ****ing spell.

Not right now they're not...they're a joke right now. Most people outside of NY hate the Yankees, so don't act like I'm some minority.

That said, I know they are a very celebrated franchise. I agree with most of what you say though. You are a knowledgable sports fan and are able to talk without being biased and insulting.

"PS: Learn to ****ing spell."

lets see you spelled knowledgeable wrong, embarrassment wrong, you sure you went to School?

Anyway you don't appreciate my use of the word "gay" or "Screw yourself"
i got 1 word for ya...

tough...need a tissue?

I think the only embarrassment (yea i can actually spell unlike you buddy) here is you, when i'm stating my facts with a well and educated opinion while you spit out "LEBRONZ IS NOT LEAVING OHIOZ! HE HAS KINGZ!"

"THEY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002" good for them and I'm sure you're use of searching in Google just to find this out really makes you smart right? And what has happened after that? Oh yea sucking as of now, and the fact that USC won 2 straight and going undefeated for 3 straight years except losing in the last game the 3rd year against Texas. If 1 trophy makes them a dominate state, then USC is Un-stoppable.

You know nothing about any sports as you claimed yourself being a General Sports fan.

"So don't go spouting your mouth off. Watch what you say. Show some freakin respect. Because remember, you are just a joke of a fan, you bring nothing to the table but hate and bias. Try opening up and being a sports fan for once, not just a fan of whatever team you root for but all of sports, and try to appreciate your chance to watch this talent at work, no matter what state or city it works magic within."

lol so i guess stating my long post of reasons why he would leave and why he would stay is bias and hate while you stated none?

cmstophe
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
"PS: Learn to ****ing spell."

lets see you spelled knowledgeable wrong, embarrassment wrong, you sure you went to School?

Anyway you don't appreciate my use of the word "gay" or "Screw yourself"
i got 1 word for ya...

tough...need a tissue?

I think the only embarrassment (yea i can actually spell unlike you buddy) here is you, when i'm stating my facts with a well and educated opinion while you spit out "LEBRONZ IS NOT LEAVING OHIOZ! HE HAS KINGZ!"

"THEY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2002" good for them and I'm sure you're use of searching in Google just to find this out really makes you smart right? And what has happened after that? Oh yea sucking as of now, and the fact that USC won 2 straight and going undefeated for 3 straight years except losing in the last game the 3rd year against Texas. If 1 trophy makes them a dominate state, then USC is Un-stoppable.

You know nothing about any sports as you claimed yourself being a General Sports fan.

"So don't go spouting your mouth off. Watch what you say. Show some freakin respect. Because remember, you are just a joke of a fan, you bring nothing to the table but hate and bias. Try opening up and being a sports fan for once, not just a fan of whatever team you root for but all of sports, and try to appreciate your chance to watch this talent at work, no matter what state or city it works magic within."

lol so i guess stating my long post of reasons why he would leave and why he would stay is bias and hate while you stated none?

There's your double standard. So if past championships don't mean anything, I guess the Yankees franchise sucks, right? Right. We all know the Yankees are the most celebrated franchise of all time with 26 championships and yadda yadda, yet hey have't won **** since,,,what is it, 2000? So if you want to act like a championship in 2002 doesn't mean anything, I guess all the championships in the Yankees' and every other storied franchise's past don't mean jack. Is that what you're saying?

You need to learn some sports history. You can make all kinds of claims about me "not knowing anything" but if you don't know that the Buckeyes are a top 5 football program in the country, you know absolutely ZILCH about college football. "Searching in google"? Huh? Maybe I just know a little college football; you clearly do not.

And for the record, yes. USC is unstoppable. They are the best in the country, easily, consistently. When you have nothing but 4 and 5 star recruits that will happen. So what's your point?

You know, I don't even remember how this ******** started but I think it had something to do with you calling people/states "losers" and I don't think that's necessary. I don't remember you listing reasons he'd stay but if you did, that's fine, but there is no need to say things like "Ohio is a loser state". That doesn't make any sense, and it just isn't necessary. I don't know if you're just kidding around or what, but that is probably what set me off. I also hate how the media thinks that New York and Boston have some sort of entitlement to great players and always talk about how stars bolting to NY or Boston the moment they can. I wish the media and people from those markets would realize not everyone lives and breathes to be there... Bunch of jealous bastards IMO, and I can't stand that, maybe it's just because I can appreciate watching that talent even when it isn't on my own teams..heck I dont even have an NFL team I root for, but I still love the NFL and can watch and appreciate Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Winslow Jr, etc...

That's my 2c on the subject, take it for what you will.