PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Hobbs

cmoneytakemoney
09-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Is it me or does Ellis Hobbs look really good so far? Maybe the injury he suffered late last year did effect his game that much and, maybe that's why he got burnt alot in the playoffs but, so far he really looks like he's developing into a #1 CB and I'm starting to feel more comfortable with him covering receivers 1 on 1 when he has to. What do you guys think?

Wake's Fastball
09-16-2008, 08:58 PM
He's also yet to be matched up with a terribly good WR. Bowe and Coles aren't that great. He has looked good so far against the guys he's gone up against though.

ZHawk1123
09-16-2008, 10:12 PM
He has definitely looked pretty good so far... Let's hope he can keep it up... He won't really go up against any great WRs until week 6 against the Broncos with Brandon Marshall...

ERLynx
09-17-2008, 10:26 AM
I think he celebrates too much. But there's no doubt that he's been solid so far. But so has Deltha.

MilledgeGomez
09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah Ellis and Deltha have made the secondary loo alot better than i thought it would look after we lost Asante

BRADY4MVP
09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
I think he celebrates too much.

100% agree. If he makes 1 play, he is jumping around like he won the world series of poker. Like Wake's Fastball said, he hasnt been matched up with anything special. Guys like Reggie Wayne will eat him alive

BTownTeamsRKing
09-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Hobbs is the man in the secondary. he is a better man coverage corner than samuel. u have to have attitude to play CB and match up with the trashtalking WRs. i have no problem with him celebrating as long as he doesnt draw a flag.

he is healthy this year and is far ahead of samuel in terms of developing.
i have always been a big Hobbs supporter, but i truly believe in this system, he is a #1 corner.

theres a reason why Hobbs has always been matched up with guys like Wayne and Plax.

cmoneytakemoney
09-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Hobbs is the man in the secondary. he is a better man coverage corner than samuel. u have to have attitude to play CB and match up with the trashtalking WRs. i have no problem with him celebrating as long as he doesnt draw a flag.

i have always been a big Hobbs supporter, but i truly believe in this system, he is a #1 corner.

theres a reason why Hobbs has always been matched up with guys like Wayne and Plax.

I agree. Now that he's healthy he does look a lot more developed than Asante Samuel did at this point in his career and he seems like he is a better 1 on 1 defender than Samuel was too. A **** load of people in New England were pissed that we didn't draft a CB in the 1st round or try to bring a big name CB in via trade/free agency but, I'm beginning to believe that once again Bill Belichick knew exactly what he was doing when he let Samuel walk and turned Hobbs into our #1 corner.

ERLynx
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM

thats the point. I dont have a problem with anything these guys do as long as they win (and dont commit any felony offenses). But his celebrating could be called a penalty. I've seen less egregious offenses called for 15 yards. Is that what we need after a big stop on 3rd down? A 15 yard personal foul and a first down? hes a good player and i like him, i just dont want it to cost the pats on the field because he wont control himself. Know what I mean?

holywack17
09-17-2008, 11:10 PM
I love Hobbs, always have. Plus he has cool corn rows now.

The Intimidator
09-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I think he celebrates too much. But there's no doubt that he's been solid so far. But so has Deltha.

He does, however not as much as former Patriots defensive back Chris Canty. (Not the Cowboys' Chris Canty) Canty was drafted by the Pats in the first round of the 1997 draft, and played only two seasons for us. He once strip sacked a quarterback but was too busy celebrating that he didn't notice the fumble. Long story short, the Pats lost that game. Your celebration comment just reminded me of him. :D

griff141
09-18-2008, 12:52 AM
He does, however not as much as former Patriots defensive back Chris Canty. (Not the Cowboys' Chris Canty) Canty was drafted by the Pats in the first round of the 1997 draft, and played only two seasons for us. He once strip sacked a quarterback but was too busy celebrating that he didn't notice the fumble. Long story short, the Pats lost that game. Your celebration comment just reminded me of him. :D

:laugh2: I remember when that happened! I think Hobbs celebrations aren't too overboard. He needs to have some degree of attitude to successfully get in the heads of big name, trash talking WR's. As long as he doesn't draw a flag I'm ok with it.

The Intimidator
09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
:laugh2: I remember when that happened! I think Hobbs celebrations aren't too overboard. He needs to have some degree of attitude to successfully get in the heads of big name, trash talking WR's. As long as he doesn't draw a flag I'm ok with it.

Exactly.

ERLynx
09-21-2008, 10:49 AM
i remember canty. kansas state. he had good speed. he works at Target now with Andy Katzenmoyer and Robert Edwards.

The Intimidator
09-21-2008, 11:31 AM
i remember canty. kansas state. he had good speed. he works at Target now with Andy Katzenmoyer and Robert Edwards.

:laugh:

Yeah he probably does :laugh: