PDA

View Full Version : Penguins may shift Jordan Staal to wing this season in order to play on Evgeni Malkin

Sbank
09-16-2008, 08:31 PM
The Penguins may shift Jordan Staal to wing this season in order to play on Evgeni Malkin's line.
With Ryan Malone's departure, there is an opening for a big, gritty winger to play with Malkin and Petr Sykora and many inside the organization say that they will try Staal there, rather than bury him on the third line. He certainly has the skill and the defensive awareness to play among the top six forwards, and this will also take some of the pressure of the youngster, who had a tough sophomore season by only racking up 12 goals and 28 points after collecting 29 goals the year before.

rotoworld (http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NHL&id=2040)
Good move if they do move Staal to wing. I think he would it be a easy move wing for him.

SidTheKid
09-16-2008, 08:40 PM
rotoworld (http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NHL&id=2040)
Good move if they do move Staal to wing. I think he would it be a easy move wing for him.

Yeah this move would make sense and he should have no problems making that transition.

Sbank
09-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah this move would make sense and he should have no problems making that transition.

I think the move would make him shine instead of being on the third line as a center.

ShaunRiching9
09-16-2008, 10:16 PM
ooooooooh boy thats sick Staal and malkin playing together wouls be so sick staal could get back to 30 goal plateau

Sbank
09-16-2008, 11:11 PM
ooooooooh boy thats sick Staal and malkin playing together wouls be so sick staal could get back to 30 goal plateau

He might get more then 30 goal plateau. Staal going to have a big year if he moved to wing.

bartlett2266
09-17-2008, 12:08 PM
ya this is a good move and should make him happy being a bigger part of the offense and will make it easier to re-sign him if hes happy

Steelinks
09-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Staal actually did play on Malkins wing in the scrimmage today and He scored the first goal.(Malkin & Sykora assisting). He looked great today getting passes off the boards and they already have great chemistry. Also for the record Satan had 2 goals today in the scrimmage one from Crosby and another from Fedontenko and Goligoski I believe. If he can get used to Crosbys speed he may just fill in very well for the departed..... As well even though Fleury was on the losing side today he did play very well against the A squad they only had 3 goals on him but they could have had a lot more.

ShaunRiching9
09-17-2008, 05:22 PM
^^ yaaay but i think Satan is too slow now to keep up with sid so i think sid a fedetenko will have better chemistry

ldarius21
09-23-2008, 01:25 PM
We need him to step up now, he will have to contribute 30+ goals this year for the Pens to be successful but I think we still need another shooter, I have my doubts about Satan being able to handle the chances Sid gets him but we will see, I still see a completely different team at the end of the year as I do at the beginning.

SensandRaps
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
if staal plays wing on malkins line that would make the penguins top 2 lines extremley dangerous

Sbank
09-23-2008, 04:50 PM
We need him to step up now, he will have to contribute 30+ goals this year for the Pens to be successful but I think we still need another shooter, I have my doubts about Satan being able to handle the chances Sid gets him but we will see, I still see a completely different team at the end of the year as I do at the beginning.

We don't need him contributing 30 + goals to be successful. As long as we score goals and have play good defense we be good. We have a real good goalie in Fleury. As long as we healthy we be fine, Plus I think Penguins will add someone at the deadline like last year.

Sbank
09-23-2008, 04:51 PM
if staal plays wing on malkins line that would make the penguins top 2 lines extremley dangerous

The first two lines were dangerous before moving Staal to wing, It just makes our team even scary then before.

ShaunRiching9
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
yah but were does that leave 3rd and 4th lines? Talbot, Kennedy ,Godard