PDA

View Full Version : Best off-season move?

amare#1
09-16-2008, 07:31 PM
What does everyone think was the best off-season move made by the Suns?

hrf821
09-16-2008, 08:37 PM
I voted 1st - WHOOOOOOOOO - ha.

For me it's TP and the rest of the coaching staff. I don't think the rest of the offseason was to much different then what we've seen in the past, decent free agent signing (Barnes) with some young bench players to fill. I say Porter because now these young guys will play and the signings may actually mean something besides an ***** to polish the bench with. To me, the players you have aren't really that important if your coach won't play them

STAT32
09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
It has to be hiring coach Porter, this is a complete change for us.

PhxGiant
09-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Porter, and the coaching staff in general.

Beno7500
09-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Getting Matt Barnes

KiNgSuNs1
09-17-2008, 02:42 AM
i beleive signing barnes was the biggest thing because he spaces the floor for us with the 3 ball so its going to open the lane up so much like in the past where we were so deadly..we havent had spaceing like this in a while and thats how teams were able to close in on the lane because they werent scared of the 3 cuz you have hill and diaw occasionally playing the 3 with gordon which wasnt big on threes while he was here so the sf position didnt scare anyone when there shooting 3's but now we have a line up of nash raja and barnes which all is deadly from the 3.....and with amare and shaq down low know one can stop us ....barnes is also aggressive slasher that will attack the rim .....so i beleive he is the best signing and especially for the price.

amare#1
09-17-2008, 03:17 AM
i beleive signing barnes was the biggest thing because he spaces the floor for us with the 3 ball so its going to open the lane up so much like in the past where we were so deadly..we havent had spaceing like this in a while and thats how teams were able to close in on the lane because they werent scared of the 3 cuz you have hill and diaw occasionally playing the 3 with gordon which wasnt big on threes while he was here so the sf position didnt scare anyone when there shooting 3's but now we have a line up of nash raja and barnes which all is deadly from the 3.....and with amare and shaq down low know one can stop us ....barnes is also aggressive slasher that will attack the rim .....so i beleive he is the best signing and especially for the price.

Yeah I agree. Barnes was a great pickup.

TEJ
09-17-2008, 04:00 AM
Barnes

Bishnoff
09-17-2008, 07:25 AM
I voted for Lopez since I think he will have a huge career, similar to an Alonzo Mourning or Marcus Camby. I also have a gut feeling that he will become better than his brother now that he is out of his shadow.

Porter may well prove to be our best off-season move but for me he is unproven so far. I like what he brings to the Suns in terms of toughness, a defensive mindset, his work ethic, and ability to win (as a player). But at the moment, Porter just resembles a change from D’Antoni, with any change being a good change (aside from hiring Isiah Thomas).

Barnes is well suited to the Suns’ style of play and will allow us to spread the court. However, unless he returns to his 06-07 form (or better) then he most certainly won’t be our best off-season move.

An argument can also be made for Dragic but as with all our off-season moves, not one of these players/staff have been around long enough to prove themselves. I have faith in all of these moves being successful, it's just that I believe that RoLo is the safest bet at the moment. The reason why everyone keeps writing us off is because they based so much of our success on D’Antoni. They can’t see the potential behind our off-season moves that we can as fans. They just see us as one year older, one year slower with no improvements, simply losses (D’Antoni).

It’s ridiculous but a lot of people actually think that D’Antoni made Nash. Didn’t they see the seasons he (Nash) had at Dallas before he came to us? He averaged 16.4 PPG and 7.8 APG in his last 4 seasons before joining the Suns – in an offensive set that produced a lot less shots than the Suns’ SSOL so probably a similar level of production per possession.

king4day
09-17-2008, 08:11 AM
I put RoLo cuz he might actully contribute more then just filler minutes for a big man off the bench.
I was close to picking Porter though.

Tom81
09-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Hiring Porter
Signing Barnes

ink
09-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Getting Barnes.

JPHX
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
putting the solar panels in at US Airways center.

hrf821
09-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Firing, or impolitely pushing if you will, D'Antoni out the door. Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey GOOD BYE!

HouRealCoach
09-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Signing Barnes gives them a good all-around player

theimortalone
09-17-2008, 08:44 PM

lol

Tom81
09-18-2008, 05:58 AM

hehehe:laugh:

Sillysoft
09-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Well I voted Dragic and my reasoning is because ever since Nash has got here the Suns have failed to find a legitimate backup PG which I believe has caused Nash to do more then what he can handle. Dragic would be the best backup PG the Suns have gotten in the Nash Era and will overall should help take some pressure off the Canadian. (Wait they did sign Dragic right?)

king4day
09-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Well I voted Dragic and my reasoning is because ever since Nash has got here the Suns have failed to find a legitimate backup PG which I believe has caused Nash to do more then what he can handle. Dragic would be the best backup PG the Suns have gotten in the Nash Era and will overall should help take some pressure off the Canadian. (Wait they did sign Dragic right?)

...and without the guy ever standing on an NBA floor.
Sadly I agree.

kjfan
09-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I would have to say this order

1. Dragic
2.Porter
3.Barnes
4.Rolo
5.singeltary
6.amundson