PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs

Lakersfan2483
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Do you all think Cleveland has enough talent to come out of the east this year? Will the addition of M. Williams be enough to upset the Celtics next season? Thoughts...

goku
09-16-2008, 05:49 PM
no

MiamiHeat
09-16-2008, 05:54 PM
no

Lebron23
09-16-2008, 05:56 PM
It will be a great sight if they can eliminate the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals, and without Posey i think LeBron will have an easier time scoring againts Piece & the Celtics Front court

People easily forget that James Posey was the 2nd best defender in the 2008 NBA Playoffs.

ShakeN'Bake
09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
I dont think Mo is enough to get them out of the east...Although it does solidify their top 3 spot.

zachattach
09-16-2008, 06:27 PM
I dont think it will be there talent that will put them over the top in the East. i Just think LeBron James makes them dangerous to anyone including the Celtics

SensandRaps
09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
i think they have a good chance to come out of the east because williams imo is better than rondo and that solves their point guard issue. Also since posey is gone lebron will explode against them. Again this is my opinion

Kiss Ma Grits
09-16-2008, 06:33 PM
NO? LMAO. Wooow! We took the Celtics to the final minute of a seven game series WITHOUT Gibson (who was a key to us getting past Detroit) and then on top of that we add Mo Williams and people are talking about no??? Well if Cleveland doesn't have a chance then the Lakers REALLY don't have a chance. I know Bynum is good but the Lakers were flat out DOMINATED by the Celtics to the point to where one would have to ask if he would have even been enough. The Pistons got dominated by them too. So if Cleveland doesn't have a chance then NO ONE else has a chance. The logic on here is absolutely amazing:clap::rolleyes:

SensandRaps
09-16-2008, 06:35 PM
^^ i agree with every word

Kiss Ma Grits
09-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I dont think Mo is enough to get them out of the east...Although it does solidify their top 3 spot.

Celtic fans are talkin' that now but you guys were sure quiet during the series until it was absolutely over. No? It's safe to assume that MAYBE if Daniel Gibson had played the results may have been difference cause he IS a difference maker rather you want to admit that or not but you know what, the truth will come out this season I can bet you on that....

5thgencali
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Come on now, if James could do it with the garbage he had the last few years, he can do it now. Anything can happen in a playoff series when James is you're opponent.
M Williams is the first real point guard that James has got to play with on the Cavs. I mean he averages 17 and 6 and shoots 48% from the field and he's only going to get better looks when James is the focal point for the opposing defenses. I like that backcourt of Williams and West, both can score and James will have two good passers to get the ball from.
If they can get solid play from their bigs, they have a good a shot as anybody to knock off the Celtics.

oshea225
09-16-2008, 06:39 PM
cavs took boston to the brink last year, without gibson. another year of experience for lebron and company + gibson + mo williams - james posey = definite chance to get past the celtics this year.

Sixerlover
09-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't even think it solidifies a top 4 spot. Any of Toronto, Orlando and Philly could easily be better than the cavs.

ShakeN'Bake
09-16-2008, 06:59 PM
NO? LMAO. Wooow! We took the Celtics to the final minute of a seven game series WITHOUT Gibson (who was a key to us getting past Detroit) and then on top of that we add Mo Williams and people are talking about no??? Well if Cleveland doesn't have a chance then the Lakers REALLY don't have a chance. I know Bynum is good but the Lakers were flat out DOMINATED by the Celtics to the point to where one would have to ask if he would have even been enough. The Pistons got dominated by them too. So if Cleveland doesn't have a chance then NO ONE else has a chance. The logic on here is absolutely amazing:clap::rolleyes:

First of all you cant apply logic to performance or results there are to many intangibles in basketball to use logic. And you cant say if this team had such and such a player then this would have happened becuase you dont honestly know how that player would react or perform in that situation.

Sure the Cavs do have a greater chance of making the finals this year but that doesnt mean that they are going to. I said no to them making the finals, I didnt say anything about the Celts. I personally believe that Detroit is going to step it up this year and make the trip to the finals. Thats why I said no, not because Im some blind homer like most of the posters in this forum.

Oh yea and we did not dominate the Pistons in the ECF, did you even watch the series...what a joke.

HouRealCoach
09-16-2008, 07:42 PM
If Boston cant beat them at home AGAIN then Cle might give them a longer run

Lakersfan2483
09-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I think it is fair to say that Cleveland will be a top contender to come out of the east. When you have a player as good as Lebron and a team that added a legit point guard, you have to say they have a chance to upset next year. I think guys like Wallace, Sczerbiak, Smith will all have an opportunity to really learn the Cavs' system and the team will get better. Training camp will allow the team to get familiar with one another and help them to develop chemistry. I think Cleveland is a top 3 team out in the East. Obviously, Boston is no. 1 and Detroit is always in the mix. The Cavs have a solid lineup next season.

M. Williams/D. West
D. Gibson/Pavlovic
L. James/Sczerbiak
B. Wallace
Z. Illgauskas/Varejao

I still think they need to add a legit 2nd option player with Lebron, maybe a guy like M. Redd.

Beno7500
09-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Only if they can win on the road in the playoffs

CB4AB7VC15
09-16-2008, 08:08 PM
vc for wally gibson and first rounder and they will win it all. trade deadline day

GCOOKIE7
09-16-2008, 08:11 PM
VC HAHAHAHAHAHA him and Lebron are on opposite poles when it comes to work ethic

Kiss Ma Grits
09-16-2008, 08:22 PM
First of all you cant apply logic to performance or results there are to many intangibles in basketball to use logic. And you cant say if this team had such and such a player then this would have happened becuase you dont honestly know how that player would react or perform in that situation.

Sure the Cavs do have a greater chance of making the finals this year but that doesnt mean that they are going to. I said no to them making the finals, I didnt say anything about the Celts. I personally believe that Detroit is going to step it up this year and make the trip to the finals. Thats why I said no, not because Im some blind homer like most of the posters in this forum.

Oh yea and we did not dominate the Pistons in the ECF, did you even watch the series...what a joke.

Boston 4; Detroit 2
Boston 4; Cleveland 3

Most people with common sense would agree that Cleveland looks like it has a better chance of beating the Celtics then the Pistons do.

Boston 4; Lakers 2
Boston 4; Cleveland 3

Most people would agree that Cleveland faired better against the Celtics then the Lakers did so logic would suggest that Cleveland has a better chance of beating the Celtics then the Lakers do.

Intangibles play a role in it all but logic is logic for a reason and that's not to say that logic is always right but most of the time it is ESSPECIALLY in a series. It's easier to have one bad game then it is to have a bad series.

This opinion had NOTHING to do with players. It had to do with results. I said NOTHING about the Cavs going to the finals either. I said that the Celtic fans almost ran out of fingernail to bite playing against Cleveland then it did against the Lakers and the Pistons.

A person can be book smart but money can't buy common sense.:rolleyes:

Again, Cleveland has a better chance at beating the Celtics then the Pistons and Lakers do

23LBJCleBrowns
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
the cavs r serious contenders every year because of lebron but now they have mo. Great addition. I wont be surprised if the cavs make a big trade at the deadline. but the cavs r serious contenders. I think they could win it all

23LBJCleBrowns
09-16-2008, 09:44 PM
the cavs will make a deadline trade to get joe johnson and oh yea lakersfan2439 or watever i the sg for the cavs will probably be delonte west