PDA

View Full Version : Do anyne think we will have two draft picks this year?

krazyclipperfan
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
i know this is Clippers forum but I wanted to tallk about how good the T-Wolves reason why they owe us a first round pick. they will have an ok team at least to get them out of the top 10 of the worst team next year. Can you imagine what we can do next year with two 1st round picks.

ClipperNation14
09-16-2008, 04:48 PM
No, we won't. Let's just wait it out and get a top 10 (maybe top 5) pick in a few seasons...luckily for us, they let Mayo go and aren't showing signs of being a playoff team anytime soon.

krazyclipperfan
09-16-2008, 05:03 PM
they might not be that bad to stay in the top 10 of the draft though. Jefferson did alot by himself last year now in the paint they have Love to help and even step outside and the have Mike Miller too.

Cracka2HI!
09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I believe the pick is lottery protected, not top 10. If its top 10 there is a chance we will get it before 2012 I think it is. I don't see Minny as a playoff team unless something drastic happens for them. The Mayo/Love trade is a good short term move because they got Miller but they still are no where near close to being a playoff team and they really have nothing to long term to go with Jefferson that leads me to believe they are going to be a playoff team before 2012.

krazyclipperfan
09-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Its protected 1-10 until 2010.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Clippers-open-to-trading-first-round-draft-pick?urn=nba,70372

ClipperNation14
09-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think Minny was aware of the kind of impact they could be losing by just throwing in a first rounder like that.

Talking about a steal. There would be no 'Clipper Nation' without this deal (Sammy). Not only that, but we got rid of Marko.

AND a first rounder?? From a crappy team?? Are you kidding, we lucked out tremendously. Here's a toast to Minny still sucking by 2011 :dance2:

krazyclipperfan
09-16-2008, 07:24 PM
LOL, they did get the short end of the stick with this trade and it only help us in the end. i still dont think they will be one of the worst team this year, i hope in 2011 if is the first overall pick that would be sweet.

don'tfireNedCo
09-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Kevin McHale=Matt Milan

they will suck until 2011 and more, unless KM is fired

don'tfireNedCo
09-17-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't think Minny was aware of the kind of impact they could be losing by just throwing in a first rounder like that.

Talking about a steal. There would be no 'Clipper Nation' without this deal (Sammy). Not only that, but we got rid of Marko.

AND a first rounder?? From a crappy team?? Are you kidding, we lucked out tremendously. Here's a toast to Minny still sucking by 2011 :dance2:

:cheers:

dick butane
09-17-2008, 02:19 AM
This will allow us to have active trade options on Draft night. During the same time we will also be trying to figure out how to spend the cap room.

krazyclipperfan
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
i was just thinking if it was a possible for us to have two draft picks next year, then we could snag two picks or trade up to aquire one of the top players next year.