PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard Doesn't celebrate the star spangled banner.

mrgerbik
09-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Josh doesn't celebrate the Star Spangled Banner
http://deadspin.com/5050396/the-nati...lebrate-that-s

:rolleyes:
GoMavs

metfan88
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
he is a ninja son! lmao
dam thats sad, dude with great talent but stupid .

$ NyC $
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
think he was kinda bein sarcastic. Even if he wasn't not like he has 2. He has the right 2 "celebrate" what ever he wants.

cubulls
09-16-2008, 03:08 PM
The only thing that idiot celebrates is weed...

#1Mavericksfan
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Let the Josh Howard bashing start now!

Lakerfan32
09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
His ignorant *** can move to some other country that will pay you millions to play a game. What, can't find it? Nice! Love to see what job Josh Howard would have if he wasn't in the United States. Ungrateful bastard

Rome
09-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Let the Josh Howard bashing start now!

Anyone want to get high? It is the off season :)

Jk I can't bash a player I have on my wall, well except Pau Gasol lol

knowledgeGOD
09-16-2008, 03:50 PM
he's just having a good time

PhxGiant
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Not that much of a big deal in all honesty.

Tony_Starks
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
He was probably just kidding or high or both.... If he was serious who cares? Everyone knows this country was born on some ******* anyway.

Beno7500
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Ignorant piece of ****.

ShakeN'Bake
09-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Who cares honestly...

#1Mavericksfan
09-16-2008, 06:01 PM
He probably was just joking around and people are trying to make it into a bigger issue than it really is.

ShakeN'Bake
09-16-2008, 06:03 PM
He probably was just joking around and people are trying to make it into a bigger issue than it really is.

Even if he wasnt it shouldnt matter he is free to celebrate whatever he wants.

rico
09-16-2008, 06:55 PM

you have pictures of dudes on your wall?! o.O lol

Sixerlover
09-16-2008, 07:01 PM
you have pictures of dudes on your wall?! o.O lol

I have a Pulp Fiction poster AND a Bob Marley poster on my wall in my dorm. That's gay?

Spurred1
09-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Plenty of people don't pledge allegiance to the flag or sing the national anthem because of religious beliefs. My brother is one of them; I don't agree with it, but that is his right. Josh Howard has that right as well-although I'm fairly sure he's not a Jehovah's Witness like my brother.

JJ_JKidd
09-16-2008, 09:07 PM
ďThe Star Spangled Bannerís going on right now, and I donít celebrate that ****. Iím black.Ē

http://dimemag.com/2008/09/josh-howard-doesnt-celebrate-the-national-anthem/

Not celebrating it is fine... But calling it $**t is very very offensive to hear. Man, just shows his kinds indecency and lack of respect for everything. Very thug-like behavior!

That song/anthem is really what inspires our troops around the world, as much as he is with Dallas, and I like his game a lot too, he can go to H.

superkegger
09-16-2008, 09:14 PM
who cares.

knicks1214
09-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Super got it right on the money...he can do what he wants. I don't care how he feels about the star spangled banner...it's his opinion and he can say what he wants and think how he wants.

Nets fan 93
09-16-2008, 09:27 PM
I dont celebrate it either... but i do sing it :p

How do you celebrate a song? lol

Spurred1
09-16-2008, 09:30 PM
I dont celebrate it either... but i do sing it :p

How do you celebrate a song? lol
By standing up and putting your hand over your heart-I guess that's the celebrating.

But I just saw the clip-while he has the right not to celebrate it, what does the skin color have to do with it?

superkegger
09-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Super got it right on the money...he can do what he wants. I don't care how he feels about the star spangled banner...it's his opinion and he can say what he wants and think how he wants.

Not only that, but anyone who is in sports, we hear the national anthem so many times before games, meets, etc... that its just something we hear, and often we couldn't care its just part of the routine. I know by my senior year of high school the national anthem was just a bit more time to warm up, not something i cared about.

knicks1214
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I agree...I'm entering my 3rd year of varsity basketball and I tend to just let my mind wander when I'm listening to it...same at the Knicks games.

stevefrancis
09-16-2008, 10:04 PM
he's a terrorist

Lone Maverick
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
This is another example of people caring too much what celebrities and athletes have to say. I don't know about any of you but I don't look to Josh Howard for my information on the National Anthem.

You may not agree with what he said (whether he was joking I don't know) but he has the right to say it. If he wants to have to apologize a few days later and clarify thats all on him. Let him keep putting his foot in his mouth, maybe one day he will get it. Until then though I could care less.

FromDallas
09-16-2008, 10:46 PM
It's funny because one of the beauties of being an American is the fact that people can say whatever they want, even if what you say is complete dog crap. As an American he also has the right to not salute the flag.

cmoneytakemoney
09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
He's black so he doesn't celebrate the national anthem? Kobe Bryant said when they played the national anthem during the olympics it gave goose bumps because he's so proud to be an American and to represent the United States in the olympics. Josh Howard is a joke. What a moron. How could you live in the greatest country in the world and say you don't celebrate the star spangled banner because your black? Go to Africa and see if you get paid to play basketball you ungrateful son of a *****. I'm not prejudice by any means at all. I think good humanity is helping one another no matter what color or race you are but, I can't stand when people who live in this country don't respect it. Leave if you can't celebrate our national anthem.

JJ_JKidd
09-16-2008, 11:00 PM
I dont get it guys it seems thats its okay to you all. He called the SSB "$**t" then u dont care?

What if Arabs and Muslims call it as such? Id bet youd react differently.

codes238
09-17-2008, 05:22 AM
His ignorant *** can move to some other country that will pay you millions to play a game. What, can't find it? Nice! Love to see what job Josh Howard would have if he wasn't in the United States. Ungrateful bastard

well childress just got like 30 million and he's not half the player that howard is so he actually could go get millions in another country... also he was joking and clearly being sarcastic, plus even if he wasnt arent you guys supposed to be a democratic country!? if he doesnt wanna "celebrate" the song he doesnt have to, no need to be an ignorant jerk and start bashing the guy

Sinatra Vegas
09-17-2008, 06:10 AM
well childress just got like 30 million and he's not half the player that howard is so he actually could go get millions in another country ... also he was joking and clearly being sarcastic, plus even if he wasnt arent you guys supposed to be a democratic country!? if he doesnt wanna "celebrate" the song he doesnt have to, no need to be an ignorant jerk and start bashing the guy

Exactly! So this is the post u quoted might be the most misinformed post ever... He could probably get MORE overseas... And whoever thinks JH is stupid needs to get a little info first... The guy minored in international studies and has commented on international policies before... either way it probably is more of a case of a guy who hears it 82-90 times a yr in person

$ NyC $
09-17-2008, 06:34 AM
I'm Muslim, and when i lived in NY i celebrated until i grew older and then i stopped. I would stand out of respect but that's all.

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 10:29 AM

aint nothing wrong with that

JOSH HOWARD FOR M.V.P

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 10:34 AM
He's black so he doesn't celebrate the national anthem? Kobe Bryant said when they played the national anthem during the olympics it gave goose bumps because he's so proud to be an American and to represent the United States in the olympics. Josh Howard is a joke. What a moron. How could you live in the greatest country in the world and say you don't celebrate the star spangled banner because your black? Go to Africa and see if you get paid to play basketball you ungrateful son of a *****. I'm not prejudice by any means at all. I think good humanity is helping one another no matter what color or race you are but, I can't stand when people who live in this country don't respect it. Leave if you can't celebrate our national anthem.

Please STFU......

Why do you care what the hell this man says?

EVERYONE has to sing it, or love the song??? I dont care about the song. Ive played sports and had to sit through that B.S. Im not leaving the country. And either is J.Howard. Hes going to live his millionaire life. just get over it. Why does J.Howards words, beliefs, feelings get you so riled up??Really now.. calm down killa.

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
I dont get it guys it seems thats its okay to you all. He called the SSB "$**t" then u dont care?

Its a free country. Theres millions of thing i hate in this world. and I bet millions more Arabs or Muslims or J.Howard hates. I dont let my life be affected by J. howard an his comments. i think its no big deal. your all getting your panties twisted over such non sense

mrgerbik
09-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Please STFU......

Why do you care what the hell this man says?

EVERYONE has to sing it, or love the song??? I dont care about the song. Ive played sports and had to sit through that B.S. Im not leaving the country. And either is J.Howard. Hes going to live his millionaire life. just get over it. Why does J.Howards words, beliefs, feelings get you so riled up??Really now.. calm down killa.

You are a moron, and just don't get it first of all and there are too many reasons right in front of your face, so if you don't by now you're never gonna.

The reason anyone from Dallas or a Big MAvs fan in general would care what he says is becaue he has already said some of the stupidest *** ever and continually fails to realize that he is under the microscope for valid reasons. Half those idiots have their hats on and being disrespectful. Just show some class is all, all that charity he does is a *** cover up.

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 11:05 AM
You are a moron, and just don't get it first of all and there are too many reasons right in front of your face, so if you don't by now you're never gonna.

The reason anyone from Dallas or a Big MAvs fan in general would care what he says is becaue he has already said some of the stupidest *** ever and continually fails to realize that he is under the microscope for valid reasons. Half those idiots have their hats on and being disrespectful. Just show some class is all, all that charity he does is a *** cover up.

stupid comments??

He dont like the SSB...get over it

He smokes some weed....WHo doesnt....Specially in the NBA

mrgerbik
09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
stupid comments??

He dont like the SSB...get over it

He smokes some weed....WHo doesnt....Specially in the NBA

Ok, then you don't know what ALL he has done...in a relatively short amount of time.

The only thing he is consistent at is doing stupid ***....

Daze9900
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
He has the right to do whatever he wants. Nobody is questioning that. To be arrogant, disrespectful and tasteless like that isn't right. End of story, thread.

jayjay124
09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
I am all for free speech.....

Does anyone even no for certain that he is muslim? why is that even being used as a means of defense for this guy. Religion and free speech are linked, but have much different aspects to it.

Second, He has a right to stand, say bad things about our country if he chooses so. It doesn't put him in a positive light, but he does.

I do not agree with what he said, but he has a right. That is what makes our country great, you have the right to voice your issues if you choose so, just be prepared to deal with the issues that will arise from it.

29$JerZ
09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Not a big deal IMO, ignorant thing to say but nothing earth shattering.

Tony_Starks
09-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I dont celebrate it either. I stand to show my respect for those around me but thats about it. Everyone doesn't have to be a patriot. Why should anybody have to celebrate it? The whole country doesn't celebrate MLK day and nobody talks about that.....

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
I dont celebrate it either. I stand to show my respect for those around me but thats about it. Everyone doesn't have to be a patriot. Why should anybody have to celebrate it? The whole country doesn't celebrate MLK day and nobody talks about that.....

good point

so many people affected by silly josh howard and his dumb comments.

all im saying is WHO CARES

we all still have to go to work, live our lives and not be effected by what he says.

Why are we caring so much. He doesnt celebrate the song, WHO GIVES A RATS ***

PhxGiant
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM

:clap:

style-206
09-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Another topic blown out of proportion. Never mind that the American Finanical system is crumbling, along with our parent's retirement funds - let's all get up in arms about a man not caring about a song.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

PhxGiant
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Another topic blown out of proportion. Never mind that the American Finanical system is crumbling, along with our parent's retirement funds - let's all get up in arms about a man not caring about a song.

Not to mention, soaring gas prices, Russia's trying to flex their muscles again, the situation in Darfur,the war,the list goes on. Yet everyone worries about Josh Howard.

Nighthawk
09-17-2008, 02:28 PM

YESSSSS

You think Howard is the only person who feels that way about the song? Whether it be a black person or white, purple, green, red. Howard is just famous and gets all the criticism and hate. Like you said MOVE ALONG

BoltLakerPadre
09-17-2008, 02:35 PM
That SOB. I understand that it was just some random event, and not the NBA, but show some damn respect for one minute, then you can go back to being a *******.

Manos
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
What a douche bag.

Manos
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM

I think the difference in that is if say Nash said, "I don't celebrate that ******* (in reference to MLK) I'm white", there would be plenty of fall out and everyone would be talking about it, how he's a racist and that was insensitive, blah, blah, blah. He'd probably have to go to some sort of diversity class.
Howard just isn't very smart. Calling something that most people hold dear 's**' is going to be offensive to a lot of people. He's free to say what ever he wants, just as the rest of us are free to say what dumb *** he is. The truth of the matter is he's an idiot and it was a stupid thing to say, end of story. But there isn't much news in the NBA right now so we'll be seeing these clips for the next week or two and Howard will end up doing some token community project to show he's really a 'great guy' deep down.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
wat a dumbass

fairandbalanced
09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I think it has to do with race. The truth is Blacks are called 'African-Americas', Whites are called Americans.....unless whites start to accept blacks as equal part of this country, most blacks feel the same as Howard. Why honor a country that doesn't think you're shyt because of your color? Sarah palin's husband was part of a seperatist movement in Alaska, White people are not pissed about that........Imagine if Obama's spouse was part of a seperatist party? They would have been called anti-americans simply because they're black.

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Josh Howard -i Hope You Loose Everything This Great Country Has Set Up And Helped You To Receive Because Racist People Like You Do Not Deserve Anything !!!..i Am Tired Of All The Violence,crime And Disrespect That African Americans Continue To Do,they Get More Help & Assistance Than Anyother Race Or Nationality And Yet They Do The Least Giving Back...all The Double Standards Need To Stop ...yes There Is Still Alot Of Racism In This Country But It Mostly Comes From The African Americans Towards Everyone But Themselves...yes Blacks Can Be Racist And Its Time To Start Pointing It Out,because They Certainly Are !!

fairandbalanced
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Josh Howard -i Hope You Loose Everything This Great Country Has Set Up And Helped You To Receive Because Racist People Like You Do Not Deserve Anything !!!..i Am Tired Of All The Violence,crime And Disrespect That African Americans Continue To Do,they Get More Help & Assistance Than Anyother Race Or Nationality And Yet They Do The Least Giving Back...all The Double Standards Need To Stop ...yes There Is Still Alot Of Racism In This Country But It Mostly Comes From The African Americans Towards Everyone But Themselves...yes Blacks Can Be Racist And Its Time To Start Pointing It Out,because They Certainly Are !!

George Bush, McCain and sarah palin are all recipents of white affirmative action. In addition, can you name one assistance blacks are getting? Ignorance is a bliss

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
why is it everytime a black says or does something racist everyone is ok with it or they brush it under the rug ?? why is it ok but if another race says or does something racist they loose jobs and everything else...enough with the double standards ALL THE TIME !!

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
are you kidding me ?? obama was not part of any seperatist movement ?? what about his racist and anti american church he belonged to??

fairandbalanced
09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
why is it everytime a black says or does something racist everyone is ok with it or they brush it under the rug ?? why is it ok but if another race says or does something racist they loose jobs and everything else...enough with the double standards ALL THE TIME !!

Dude, star sprangled banner does not show how patriotic you're. Maybe most whites get that and you just don't. A Music and a flag pin does not equal patriotism. Last I checked Howard done more for Americans than you will ever do in your lifetime.

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Sarah palin's husband was part of a seperatist movement in Alaska ?? THAT IS A LIE !!! ..where are you getting this info? the obama campaign because it wouldn`t surprise me ,in fact his campaign is running on alot of lies and promises that he will never deliver...

fairandbalanced
09-17-2008, 04:22 PM
are you kidding me ?? obama was not part of any seperatist movement ?? what about his racist and anti american church he belonged to??

His church is not racist. Just because he goes to a Church where the pastor is saying things as it is, does not mean he is racist. Can you explain why you call his church racist?

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:23 PM
that`s another joke !! i fought for this country did howard ??

JIDsanity
09-17-2008, 04:24 PM
he is a ninja son! lmao
dam thats sad, dude with great talent but stupid .

wtf :confused:. :pity:

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:24 PM
om my god` you know what if you think that church is not and was not racist and anti-american then you better wake up from whatever dream your in...

fairandbalanced
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
om my god` you know what if you think that church is not and was not racist and anti-american then you better wake up from whatever dream your in...

The Pastor was a former AMERICAN soldier.........when he got home from war, white people were fighting against school desegregation. How would you feel if u fight for a country just to get home and you're unwelcomed because u are simply black? yes older black folks have a different experience and their reaction to things come from that perspective. To pick on 2 or 3 things he said that was controversial and them call him racist on those is the height of ignorance. I do not agree with what my pastor says, neither do you i guess, does that make you responsible for what your pastor says. people go to church to worship God, not their pastor, get it?

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
hey fairandbalanced`you seem to be one of those dumb racist who would vote for a blackman even if he is a mask murderer but as long as he is black he has your vote.. thats real smart..

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:33 PM
no and you are the one who does not get it , if you did not agree with what your pastor is saying and what he is teaching to others than you do not go to that church,you find another church unless of course you agree with all he has been saying and preaching for the LAST 20 YEARS !!
C-MON GIVE ME A BREAK !

FLYER-FAN
09-17-2008, 04:39 PM
talk about someone with blindfolds on, you and alot of other americans seem to be brain washed,go ahead vote for obama and watch as our constitution and country values crumble,this man has done nothing to be put into the most important position in our country,he has done nothing but got some african americans a few jobs in chicago and only african americans ...

fairandbalanced
09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
talk about someone with blindfolds on, you and alot of other americans seem to be brain washed,go ahead vote for obama and watch as our constitution and country values crumble,this man has done nothing to be put into the most important position in our country,he has done nothing but got some african americans a few jobs in chicago and only african americans ...

Dude, Reality is, Obama cannot win if White folks think like you. Thank God.

I Voted for McCain in 2000 NH primaries, Voted for Gore in the general election. Voted for kerry in 04.....and I voted sununu as senator in nh, he is a republican. I think before I vote, i don't get stuck up on race. I am voting for Obama this time because McCain/Palin seem to want to continue the Bush disastrous policies. You can vote for race, I'll vote with my brain. Last time the white plumber came to fix my toilet, all I cared about is getting the job done, I care less about his race.

javacola
09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't care about this story. The only thing that is annoying is if a white athlete said he hated kwanzaa on a blog, he would be labeled as Satan and the KKK leader.

Tony_Starks
09-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't care about this story. The only thing that is annoying is if a white athlete said he hated kwanzaa on a blog, he would be labeled as Satan and the KKK leader.

Not really. AMERICA DOESN'T CELEBRATE MLK DAY. So you don't have to say I "MLK is bulls*#t" or "I don't care about black people" because the action of the whole country not recognizing the day in itself sends the message loud and clear which is a basically a big screw you to black folks.

Also people have a right to be more outraged at racist white people because guess what: White People invented Racism!

Maverick22x
09-17-2008, 05:51 PM
He could play for Toronto. that would solve the anti-american and weed smoking problems for him, and the SF problem for them. It's a no-brainer

Tony_Starks
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
He could play for Toronto. that would solve the anti-american and weed smoking problems for him, and the SF problem for them. It's a no-brainer

HaHa! No next then you know he'll be high at a game and the cameras will catch him mouthing "this is some ol bull$%it!" during O Canada...

THE_FLASH_21
09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Why should he be forced to ????? I wouldn't either!!!

BALLER71
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
WTF?
Are you guys serious?
You guys are calling him ignorant piece of ****?
For all you patriotic people, isn't this the Land of the ****ing free?
I don't celebrate the Star Spangled banner either, that's my right. He has the right to celebrate whatever he wants.
The day that they put out a law that we must celebrate this, please go call him an ignorant piece of ****. Josh Howard smoke your weed and play ball.

Tony_Starks
09-17-2008, 06:17 PM
I see a new NBA promo ad

Josh Howard:

WHEN KEEPING IT REAL GOES WRONG:clap:

Gilbert>TheRest
09-17-2008, 07:02 PM
its not that big a deal.

knicks1214
09-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Nobody should care...how did this become a political attack?

cubsbears1225
this guy should get his *** beat

javacola
Not really. AMERICA DOESN'T CELEBRATE MLK DAY. So you don't have to say I "MLK is bulls*#t" or "I don't care about black people" because the action of the whole country not recognizing the day in itself sends the message loud and clear which is a basically a big screw you to black folks.

Also people have a right to be more outraged at racist white people because guess what: White People invented Racism!

Don't even give me that bullsh*t. Most people ball wash black people these days. They have more rights than white people.

ho_va2006
09-17-2008, 07:28 PM
What a shout-out for obama there... loves obama, hates the country. nice.

rhino17
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
what an *** hole

AutomaticWeezy
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I have no respect for this guy.

He has more rights than anyone of us for the simple fact that he is RICH.

If it wasnt for this country he wouldnt be rich he would just be some poor ******* like the rest of us.

He should go visit Sudan or Darfor. Then he would realize just how good he has it.

cubs92
09-17-2008, 07:41 PM
what a ******. he does live in this country. and he has millions and can live his life however he wants in this country...all because hes an ungrateful bastard who can throw a ball through a net. guess what *******...thats america..ur country. what that is, is a dumb street ****** showin his true colors.

Beno7500
09-17-2008, 07:43 PM
what is your impression of josh howard?

cubs92
09-17-2008, 07:47 PM

o lord. yeah..blacks were slaves 150 or somethin years ago. whites were racist back then. fine. now...black people get whatever they want. welfare, all black colleges, churches, BET...etc. now the blacks are the racists. if a white guy said he hated america cuz he was white the ******s woulda flipped

cubs92
09-17-2008, 07:55 PM
that hes a ******* typical uneducated loser who hates his country cuz he gets millions to throw a ball through a net. ******

JIDsanity
09-17-2008, 07:57 PM

nope. I'd say the same as Josh Howard

FortyDubs
09-17-2008, 07:58 PM
that hes a ******* typical uneducated loser who hates his country cuz he gets millions to throw a ball through a net. ******

Somebody is raging, hard.

I think he's a damn good basketball player.

Second City
09-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I got the next hit after Josh...lol

Dol-Fan
09-17-2008, 08:02 PM
I like him. Who cares, he smokes a little pot? So do half the players in the NBA I bet. He was just stupid enough to say it, maybe he's just honest.

And with the Star Spangled Banner thing, hey, I'm Canadian and don't mean to start any fights, but I think the anthem is awful. "The rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air" what way is that to celebrate a country's glory? :confused:

He's got a personality but he's certainly no Ron Artest or Zach Randolph.

Knowledge
09-17-2008, 08:10 PM
o lord. yeah..blacks were slaves 150 or somethin years ago. whites were racist back then. fine. now...black people get whatever they want. welfare, all black colleges, churches, BET...etc. now the blacks are the racists. if a white guy said he hated america cuz he was white the ******s woulda flipped

Don't even give me that bullsh*t. Most people ball wash black people these days. They have more rights than white people.

Do you guys really think this?

I dont defend/agree with what Howard said, but to try to say blacks can do anything?

Quick History lesson: Civil Rights movement ended 1968
LA riots happended in 1992
Jena Six just 2 years ago in 2006

My point racism hasnt ended in the 18 years nonetheless 150

Even the whole Mick Vick trial was separated by race, this country isnt as united/fixed as you guys think. We have come a long way as a nation, but there is still a lot of work to do to truly make this country whole and I dont mean just blacks either.

#1Mavericksfan
09-17-2008, 08:15 PM
WOW! another Maverick bashing thread in the NBA forum...didn't see this coming.

Beno7500
09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
i wanted impressions, not "hey, lets bash on josh howard!!"

cool it bro

DenButsu
09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Please don't make any more new threads about Howard. This one's enough.

Thanks. :cool:

#1Mavericksfan
09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
i wanted impressions, not "hey, lets bash on josh howard!!"

cool it bro

What's the point of this thread when there is already one with people talking about the same thing?...you just made another thread for people to bash Josh Howard beacuse there is no way anybody in this forum is gonna say anything good about him.

Lakerfan32
09-17-2008, 08:23 PM
We are missing the point. By pigeon holing one race or the other we are just acting ignorant.

You got a problem with all black colleges or not enough people celebrating MLK than get involved and write a Congressman. Find ways to intelligently articulate your message and share your ideas. Change comes from getting involved. Most of what is said on this board is just furthering the gap between races and inciting anger.

We should take Howard for what he is, a selfish, ignorant, prick. I don't think it's a problem with race as much as it is with wealthy atheletes. Just cause he says it's cause he's black doesn't mean he speaks for blacks.

yourwrong
09-17-2008, 08:29 PM
my god this is so dumb, who cares.

G2BOAT
09-17-2008, 08:29 PM

I agree with this 100 percent. It's all double standard ******** now. For example, earlier this year, Imus didn't say anything racist and he gets bashed. he same day Shaq says "white boy" and nobody says **** about it. Just an example about how it's all double standard ******** now.

Howard needs to be kicked out of the League, and in America. Leave this country and see how lucky you are to be here. This reflects bad on black people, and in the NBA. Another reason why the NBA continues to decline.

theimortalone
09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
haha wow.

Knowledge
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Do you guys really think this?

I dont defend/agree with what Howard said, but to try to say blacks can do anything?

Quick History lesson: Civil Rights movement ended 1968
LA riots happended in 1992
Jena Six just 2 years ago in 2006

My point racism hasnt ended in the 18 years nonetheless 150

Even the whole Mick Vick trial was separated by race, this country isnt as united/fixed as you guys think. We have come a long way as a nation, but there is still a lot of work to do to truly make this country whole and I dont mean just blacks either.

One more thing I want to add to this post:

Why is freedom of speech only ok only when it is what the public wants to hear, if their can still be a KKK why isnt Howard entitled to his opinion.

Lakerfan32
09-17-2008, 08:54 PM
One more thing I want to add to this post:

Why is freedom of speech only ok only when it is what the public wants to hear, if their can still be a KKK why isnt Howard entitled to his opinion.

and just like the KKK, we have the right to tell him he's an idiot. The race issue is ridiculous.

Our country is lazy. If ya don't like living here and wanna talk trash about our country than either work to change it or move. Sitting around crying causes issues like this and makes you more of the problem than the solution.

JJ_JKidd
09-17-2008, 08:58 PM
nope. I'd say the same as Josh Howard

Hey the guy from the Nets forum LOL,,,,, since so many of you dont care that JH called the SSB a $**t,,, then this country is a $**t after all.

SSB---------->$**t

ergo

United States of America---------->$**t

Josh Howard should be a role model. If yall call a role model like Josh Howard then maybe you oughta teach your kids (oh I get it, a lot of PSD posters are still kids) or when you have your kids that disrespecting your country's anthem is just fine.

Hometeamrivals
09-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Josh say bye bye to your career. It's ok to be thug and ghetto on your own time but when it comes to the national anthem you can't mess with that. FYI If you want Obama as the next president you should shut your mouth because thats going to make him loose votes not get them.

knicks1214
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Do you honestly think that millions of middle aged men and women are going to hear about JH's comments? I doubt it plays a small role, if any role, in the race. Plus, this has nothing to do with his career. Hometeamrivals, he is still an incredible talent in the NBA...saying stuff when he's not playing doesn't do anything. Kobe raped a girl a few years back and he's still the top player in the NBA...what happens off the court, unless it's something that puts players in jail, never does anything to them in game.

Padres Son
09-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Also people have a right to be more outraged at racist white people because guess what: White People invented Racism!Please tell me you aren't really that stupid...

Theanswer76
09-17-2008, 09:11 PM

I agree with him 100 percent.

Lakersfan2483
09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Some of you all are bringing up valid arguements and others ignorant posts. Let's keep this about Josh Howard and not about race.

oshea225
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
not a big deal to me. SSB is just a symbol. if he doesnt want to participate in it, why should he? America = Home of the Brave and the Land of the Brave, right? hes free to say and so as he pleases, and hes brave enough to use that right. it'd be different if he came out and said "***** America" or something, but he didnt. and LMFAO at people saying his careers over b/c he doesnt sing a song. Mark Cuban - "Sorry Josh, we're gonna cut you because you dont sing the national anthem. You have great talent, youth, and athleticism, but who cares? You dont sing, you dont play."

Knowledge
09-17-2008, 09:26 PM
and just like the KKK, we have the right to tell him he's an idiot. The race issue is ridiculous.

Our country is lazy. If ya don't like living here and wanna talk trash about our country than either work to change it or move. Sitting around crying causes issues like this and makes you more of the problem than the solution.

I wasnt complaining about anything. I just used this a comparison as to why Howard can say what he wants. When people start trying to say blacks can do anything than I feel the need to defend my race.

HansumJay
09-17-2008, 09:31 PM
he doesn't have to love this country to be here heck I have serious doubts that our elected officials even like this place

HansumJay
09-17-2008, 09:36 PM
and as far as all black colleges we have damn near all white states! I applaud you who believe that racism is gone because that means that you're probably not one. But we who have experienced it beg to differ. And another thing, its because of this great country that wouldn't admit people of color into its institutions that prompted the founding of historically black schools. IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW FOR BLACKS TO READ! Come on now.

Cubsjunkie
09-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Why is this a race issue? Race has nothing to do with this besides Howard saying he's black and he doesn't give a **** about the SSB.

That being said, I'm surprised so many of you are careless about a main symbol of the U.S. Sure, he has the right to say anything, regardless of how stupid it is, but who gave him that right? The U.S. I don't know if he is joking or whatever, but he didn't help himself by calling it "****". It wouldn't have annoyed me if he didn't call the national symbol a derogatory term.

breedlove2drug
09-17-2008, 09:55 PM

your gay? you like bashing men off your wall?

THE_FLASH_21
09-17-2008, 09:56 PM
its not that big a deal.

^^^ BINGO!!

THE_FLASH_21
09-17-2008, 09:57 PM
your gay? you like bashing men off your wall?

Ur real funny mr.mature!!!:rolleyes:

yaowowrocket11
09-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Pretty pathetic. The reason he is getting paid multi millions per year in a job in which he plays a game for a living is because we have freedom in America. If he can't respect the fact that thousands of people died for us overseas in this great nation's history just for us to be free, then he doesn't deserve to play in this league, or live in this country. How about being a little grateful for what you have and all of your privileges in America? Not too hard to do, buddy.

Hey Josh, I hope you see this!

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Sorry, but nothing pisses me off more than when people disrespect the greatest place in the world. Especially since dealing with family members who lost their lives in war for me, you, and the rest of the people of the USA, I take great pride in patriotism.

Lakerfan32
09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
I wasnt complaining about anything. I just used this a comparison as to why Howard can say what he wants. When people start trying to say blacks can do anything than I feel the need to defend my race.

understandable. there were some pretty bad posts from both sides. I fully understand

JJ_JKidd
09-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Pretty pathetic. The reason he is getting paid multi millions per year in a job in which he plays a game for a living is because we have freedom in America. If he can't respect the fact that thousands of people died for us overseas in this great nation's history just for us to be free, then he doesn't deserve to play in this league, or live in this country. How about being a little grateful for what you have and all of your privileges in America? Not too hard to do, buddy.

Hey Josh, I hope you see this!

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Sorry, but nothing pisses me off more than when people disrespect the greatest place in the world. Especially since dealing with family members who lost their lives in war for me, you, and the rest of the people of the USA, I take great pride in patriotism.

That makes the two of us... Apparently if you read the earlier posts,,, many doesnt seem to care.....

cubsbears1225
09-17-2008, 10:12 PM
amazing how ignorant a lot of you are and dont even know what the star spangled banner is about. Read the lyrics, it was written around 1814 and is a poem from a what a soldier is viewing during the war.

O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

After hearing all the rockets and all the bombs they didnt know what was going on. Once everything cleared up, they were still able to see the American flag waving.

Thats for you ol' boy from canada

yaowowrocket11
09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
That makes the two of us... Apparently if you read the earlier posts,,, many doesnt seem to care.....

amazing how ignorant a lot of you are and dont even know what the star spangled banner is about. Read the lyrics, it was written around 1814 and is a poem from a what a soldier is viewing during the war.

After hearing all the rockets and all the bombs they didnt know what was going on. Once everything cleared up, they were still able to see the American flag waving.

:clap:

One of the greatest songs ever written.

S.J.Basketball
09-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Why is this a race issue? Race has nothing to do with this besides Howard saying he's black and he doesn't give a **** about the SSB.

That being said, I'm surprised so many of you are careless about a main symbol of the U.S. Sure, he has the right to say anything, regardless of how stupid it is, but who gave him that right? The U.S. I don't know if he is joking or whatever, but he didn't help himself by calling it "****". It wouldn't have annoyed me if he didn't call the national symbol a derogatory term.

How refreshing! Well ****ing said my friend....seriously..

sick and tired of these liberals who hate their own country.....

ARMIN12NBA
09-17-2008, 11:04 PM

Think about when the song was written and the state of African Americans at the time...

cubsbears1225
09-17-2008, 11:06 PM
How refreshing! Well ****ing said my friend....seriously..

sick and tired of these liberals who hate their own country.....

my college professor said if her son ever got drafted she would personally drive him to canada. Then she made this comment, "I hope none of you republicans egg my car now".

I didnt know only republicans serve in the military, wait a minute, I was in the marines and that couldnt be more wrong.

HansumJay
09-17-2008, 11:06 PM
just as sick and tired of you conservatives that think that any dissent means that we hate the country. He can say what he wants that's what they came over here and slaughtered the natives for. Freedom right? What he eats doesn't make you *******. Let it go

FortyDubs
09-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Do you guys seriously care? wow... I normally take a pee when they sing this.

Hometeamrivals
09-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Josh say bye bye to your career. It's ok to be thug and ghetto on your own time but when it comes to the national anthem you can't mess with that. FYI If you want Obama as the next president you should shut your mouth because thats going to make him loose votes not get them.

Kobe never raped anyone so lets lie that to rest. The girl just wanted money he had sex with her bf right after that. If your rapped thats the last think you want is sex.:speechless:

Hometeamrivals
09-17-2008, 11:22 PM
What happened to chris jackson after he didn't saute the flag. He is all done.

Hometeamrivals
09-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Do you guys seriously care? wow... I normally take a pee when they sing this.

You sound like a class act that respects your freedom

cmellofan15
09-17-2008, 11:23 PM
O My GOODNESS!!! KOBE RAPED SOMEONE?? He would never he's such a good person :rolleyes:

If rape doesn't hold back Kobe this shouldn't hold back Josh Howard back he just said something thats not a crime

rape is...

kimchi'sworld
09-17-2008, 11:29 PM
i have mixed feelings over this and will remain neutral. I will say I would feel honoured if I could perform it live and feel Howard shouldn't have criticized the star spangled banner, but I could see to a point where he;s coming from if he doesnt feel the anthem includes his culture. It would make sense that he wouldn't want to salute the star spangled banner and would rather salute something like the black national anthem.

I will disagree with the person that says race doesn't matter because the only group of people that we're included in the original star spangled banner of 1814 we're the american europeans. The native-americans fought against them and the african-americans we're still slaves. I have learned that different people will have different takes and I'm not sure if they're particularly wrong or right. People in the military and law enforcement love the national anthem and fight for it. Some refugees and immigrants that have arrived in the us that i've met knew the lyrics better then most americans. Some minorities and foreigners don't salute it not because they don't feel moved by it but because they don't believe in it and they don't feel they're included in it.

cmellofan15
09-17-2008, 11:31 PM
This forum should get closed and somebody should just end this whole website since nobody should be allowed to say what they feel :rolleyes:

Dol-Fan
09-18-2008, 12:01 AM

cool, I know the lyrics to the SSB but thank you for showing me again.

Nonetheless, I'm not a fan of a national anthem being based off of a war, really sets the tone for things to come. Anyway, didn't mean to strike the wrong chord. Just because I hate the anthem doesn't mean I hate the country. I'm not a big fan of the Canadian anthem, either, but I love my country.

Sorry, I'm not getting into this, I had no intention to make any negative comments towards the USA but apparently I'm not allowed to state my distaste for the anthem, just as Howard did.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 12:22 AM

yo that was nice

DenButsu
09-18-2008, 02:39 AM
<off topic>

"The Honorable..."

Just in reference to your sig...

Since when did wife beating become "honorable"? :eyebrow:

(Yeah, I know, it's "just a joke", so it's okay for him to kid around about clocking his wife, right?)

</off topic>

G-Funk
09-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Think about when the song was written and the state of African Americans at the time...

deleted don't wanna stear **** up

G-Funk
09-18-2008, 03:30 AM
O My GOODNESS!!! KOBE RAPED SOMEONE?? He would never he's such a good person :rolleyes:

If rape doesn't hold back Kobe this shouldn't hold back Josh Howard back he just said something thats not a crime

rape is...

you just love kobes name in ur mouth

G-Funk
09-18-2008, 03:53 AM
There Is Only 1 Race, That's The Human Race!!! Ppl Who Don't See That, Are The Ignorant People Of This Country. So Let"s Talk About What He Should Have Done Instead.

#24 Lakerland
09-18-2008, 03:54 AM
Reaally, who cares? He can celebrate w.e h wants to.

JackPepitone
09-18-2008, 04:14 AM
I couldn't understand one frigging word in that video except S### and N###a .... i think I heard Obama clearly enough but after that I got nothin...

Kid doesn't want to celebrate the anthem I've got no prblem with it... He wants to call the SSB S### , still don't care.

Honestly, what would you expect, he's borderline ******** to begin with.

Padres Son
09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Honestly, what would you expect, he's borderline ******** to begin with.QFT. I can understand why people get upset when someone says something like he said, but you have to put it in perspective. Josh Howard isn't the President of the US, he isn't running for congress, and he's certainly not a scholar, he's a small forward for an NBA team. If you want to boycott Mavs games and take down your J-Ho posters, go right ahead. But let's not attribute his comments to all blacks. The vast majority of black Americans love this country as much as everyone else. Thousands upon thousands of black Americans died in service to this country so that Howard would have the freedom to say what he wants.

FortyDubs
09-18-2008, 11:03 AM

Francis Scott Key wasn't a soldier. He was a lawyer, a poet, and an author. This is coming from somebody who doesn't care what Josh did, by the way.

Manos
09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
George Bush, McCain and sarah palin are all recipents of white affirmative action. In addition, can you name one assistance blacks are getting? Ignorance is a bliss

:crazy:

DenButsu
09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I think this one's been open long enough now for views from all sides to have been expressed. Not much more of a future for it, and there's more than enough politics in the election forum - we don't need it in here right now.

So I'm shuttin' er down.