PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Farnsworth

Epic89
09-15-2008, 11:16 PM
He is useless in every essence of the word. He's not even trying. How unprofessional? You think there aren't other players in this league who don't like where they're playing? Of course there are, but you don't see them wingin' it, going through the motions. I'd be tempted to beat the **** out of this guy if I ever saw him in person. I mean, we traded Pudge for this guy.

One Nut Kruk
09-16-2008, 12:17 AM
It's clear he doesn't want to be in Detroit. And the fans absolutely loved him when he was here before and when he was on his way back here. I hate this f'n sellout. I'd release him right now.

bballguy869
09-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Agreed, cut him immediately and never look back.
He's one step below worthless.

Zaunnie
09-16-2008, 07:37 AM
He is useless in every essence of the word. He's not even trying. How unprofessional? You think there aren't other players in this league who don't like where they're playing? Of course there are, but you don't see them wingin' it, going through the motions. I'd be tempted to beat the **** out of this guy if I ever saw him in person. I mean, we traded Pudge for this guy.

four and a half words: jeremy affeldt & paul wilson

mark1125
09-16-2008, 05:19 PM

Why we didn't trade Pudge f prospects is beyond me. A 30 something reliever with questionable mental stability or loyalty is sometning we didn't need. Dump his *** now.

One Nut Kruk
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
I doubt Pudge would have fetched us any prospects worth anything.

stanpapi
09-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Maybe not, but we should have at least received a very useful part that would have been good through 2009. I mean, I was in favour of trading Pudge, but this made no sense from the get-go.

stanpapi
09-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Maybe not, but we should have at least received a very useful part that would have been good through 2009. I mean, I was in favour of trading Pudge, but this made no sense from the get-go.

smarkow
09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
agreed. we should have at least gotten a player that is going to be with the team through 09. My opinion is that it was a bad move.
That said, had the Tigers gone on a run after the trade, we'd be saying that DD was a genius for making this move. Hell, many here were excited about the renteria trade during the off season, and look how that turned out. I think by far the worst moves DD has made so far have been signing Inge, Robertson, etc. we're stuck with those guys...

Lionsforlife
09-17-2008, 11:36 AM
The reason we took Farnsworth over any prospects in this trade is because theoretically at that time, we still had a postseason chance. We wanted to be buyers and not sellers. They didn't want to phone in the season just yet. They picked up a veteran reliever who could close if necessary. It wouldn't have made sense at the time to get prospects.

However, now that the season is over, there is no reason for him to be taking up a roster spot. They should just drop him and bring up someone with potential to get a look at them.

scottie
09-17-2008, 01:03 PM
The reason we took Farnsworth over any prospects in this trade is because theoretically at that time, we still had a postseason chance. We wanted to be buyers and not sellers. They didn't want to phone in the season just yet. They picked up a veteran reliever who could close if necessary. It wouldn't have made sense at the time to get prospects.

However, now that the season is over, there is no reason for him to be taking up a roster spot. They should just drop him and bring up someone with potential to get a look at them.

Farnsworth will be back next year

hoog
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey Scottie Hernandez, get back to class and wash behind those ears youngster. You make me laugh, Farnsworth will be back next year, Hogwash? BTW, no one uses the term hogwash anymore. Now, go on git.