PDA

View Full Version : Is Langs out as Devils captain?

Sbank
09-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Is Langs out as Devils captain?
There's some question as to whether Jamie Langenbrunner of Cloquet, Minn., will be retained as captain of the New Jersey Devils, according to The Fischler Report.

St. Paul Pioneer Press (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_10457850)

Bricklayer
09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Sutter mentioned a couple weeks ago the Jamie will be this year's captain no questions asked, and apparently he's healthy too!

JetsYanksDevils
09-21-2008, 09:35 AM
they shouldnt have taken the C away from elias last year so i wouldnt be suprised if they take it away from lang....i hope parise gets to be captain he deserves it.

bryman
11-12-2008, 11:17 PM
yeah he does

deke173
11-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Guys get the C on their jersey because of their experience and leadership in the locker room and on the ice...don't get me wrong, Parise is my fav player but you don't become captain because you lead the team in goals. Jamie deserves it...he epitomizes devils hockey.

soxdynasty
11-24-2008, 07:07 PM
I think they will stay will Jamie for this season at least. If the team was tanking maybe Sutter would think about making a change. For this season the plan is to weather the storm of injuries and see what you have come play off time.

JetsYanksDevils
11-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Guys get the C on their jersey because of their experience and leadership in the locker room and on the ice...don't get me wrong, Parise is my fav player but you don't become captain because you lead the team in goals. Jamie deserves it...he epitomizes devils hockey.

idk though maybe parise doesnt have the leadership but he has the most work ethic of all the players and thats what devils hockey should be about

Sportscenterman
12-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I didnt love the pick as langenbrunner as capitan but you cant put somebody like parise just because he is our best player offensively. He isn't a leader yet.

NJdevilsbrodeur
12-16-2008, 06:22 PM
ok well langs isnt a leader at all, all yr he has taking dumb penalties this yr,on the devils website there was a how well do u know langs thread and the answer is that he is quiet,so id like to ask why have a captain that is quiet?it makes no sense, i mean ive always known brodeur was the captain when stevens left but right now i would say madden should have the C on his chest and langs needs to be traded

odalisperez41
12-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I dont think its even a question.....johnny madden should be the captain of the devils since stevens retired the man has taken over the reigns as the gritty passionate face of the franchise