PDA

View Full Version : DE Brett Keisel will miss two months with a calf injury

TheRedMarauder
09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Steelers DE Brett Keisel will miss two months with a calf injury, according to KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh.

We suspect Keisel's calf was torn, but it's unclear if he'll need surgery. Aaron Smith gets more pub, but Keisel is more of a pressure player and led the Steelers in QB hurries last year, so the loss is significant. The ends behind him (Travis Kirschke, Orpheus Roye, Nick Eason) are uninspiring.

rotoworld

myqntab
09-15-2008, 11:53 PM
kirschke will have to step up......

SwaggaIke
09-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Eason, Roye and Trav will fill in admirably. Eason has been putting better pressure on the QB than Kiesel thus far.

wylie
09-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I thought Eason did an admirable job filling in Sunday night. Let's just hope they all 3 step up to fill the void.

hyp21
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I think Eason will get majority the downs.

TheRedMarauder
09-17-2008, 11:00 AM
The Steelers' official website contradicts Monday's KDKA-TV report that DE Brett Keisel will miss two months with a calf injury.

Keisel is officially out this week and is considered by the Steelers to be "week to week" beyond that. Coach Mike Tomlin called the injury "an opportunity for Orpheus Roye to step into the rotation," so he obviously expects Keisel to be out multiple weeks. Expect Keisel to miss at least a month.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
09-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Travis Kirschke will step in as the Steelers' starting right defensive end while Brett Keisel (calf) is sidelined.

Keisel could miss up to two months. Kirschke should be solid against the run, but will play in a rotation and won't be near the pressure player Keisel is.

rotoworld

NYMetros
09-21-2008, 10:01 AM
A torn calf. That is extremely painful. We'll just need Kirschke to step up now. We still have our main guys in Hampton and Aaron Smith, so it isn't too big of a loss.

stealaz #1
09-21-2008, 09:07 PM
I really see the difference between Keisel being there and when he isnt i think we would've had more pressure,not sayin the backups didnt do a good job

TheRedMarauder
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Steelers DE Brett Keisel (calf) is no longer wearing a protective boot and hopes to resume playing after the Steelers bye week.

That would put him in line to face the Bengals on Oct. 19. Travis Kirschke will continue to start in his place until then.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
10-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Brett Keisel (calf) returned to practice Tuesday.

Keisel seems likely to be ready once the Steelers return from their Week 6 bye.

rotoworld

NYMetros
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Good to see that he is back. He'll be a bit of a boost for our defense.

CubbieSteve
10-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Getting Keisel back will add another good weapon to the defense. Just what we needed on defense, more studs.