PDA

View Full Version : jeff garcia

futureheisman
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
there was a report on ESPN that the bucs are shopping him. I think it would be great to have a guy like that come in here for the right pice what do you guys think

celticfan
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I have Faith in Cassel. If he falters in week 3 and 4, then Jeff could be a possibility, but Bill has also said that Cassel their man.

The Intimidator
09-15-2008, 05:38 PM
It's not a secret that the Bucs are shopping Garcia, but I don't even consider making a move for him until Cassel proves that he can't handle things as a starter.

cmoneytakemoney
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah but, Garcia might be traded to another team before we know if Matt Cassel can beat a decent team. We don't play a decent team til after the bye week. I think we trade for him to be a backup to Cassel if anything else.

futureheisman
09-15-2008, 06:59 PM
this guy made the pro bowl last year he could be an affective starter for us

Crickr
09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Whatever we think or what we think it is totally up to BB and SP as to what happens on the team. I think that they are suited for it and have proven themselves more then once. We may not always agree with their decision but it seems that they usually make the correct decision for the team. Thats not saying they won't look at Garcia or even talk trade but the ultimate decision is theirs alone not ours.

futureheisman
09-15-2008, 08:57 PM
would love to see him here

Fribbles
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
It's not a secret that the Bucs are shopping Garcia, but I don't even consider making a move for him until Cassel proves that he can't handle things as a starter.

Which he most definatly did, he had almost identical numbers as Brady did in his first start against Indy. Your not gonna see the Pats bring in another QB via trade and I doubt they sign anyone, here's why:

1. They have to learn our offense (Cassel has studied it for how many years, 4?)
2. Why would they give up a draft choice (Bucs would demand a high pick) for a guy who is only going to play this season
3. Garcia won't wanna backup Brady if Cassel leaves at season's end.
4. It gives another player who we know is going to leave at the end of the season a in depth look at how we run our offense which they can take to another team

I say they stick with who we have at QB for the entire season, if its Cassel, O' Connell or they bring back Troy Brown (remember he was our 4th QB during last years pre-season) how funny would that be...troy brown at QB

bagwell368
09-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Pat Hand... play what you have.

IMO the Pats are still in the top 6 teams in the league. Think Cassel will feel more comfortable w/ Garcia coming over? Ever hear that Garcia is hard to get along with? I have.

No.

The Intimidator
09-15-2008, 11:18 PM
And let's not forget that they drafted O'Connell for a reason: they like him too.

Nighthawk
09-16-2008, 12:14 AM
I think bringing in Garcia puts pressure on Cassel. Whats that say to him. I think you gotta let Cassel get his chance. After the preseason everyone thought Cassel was going to be CUT. B.B knows Cassel is a good QB. Hes been with this team for 4 years. I think we'll be fine. I dont want another QB. Cassel is the guy.

The Intimidator
09-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Well said.

kazzy4080
09-16-2008, 01:15 AM
cassel is my boy. it will take a QB 3-4 weeks to learn an offense, and even longer to gel with the players. we gotta go with cassel he knows the offense the best and he knows the players. the team is rallying around him and stepping up. bringing in garcia will do nothing but hurt team chemistry in my opinion

Patsfan56
09-16-2008, 04:30 AM
yep, I am supporting Cassell. The window of opportunity to have someone else come in, learn the system, get familiar with the team, is about closed. Bringing in someone else now might just mess with his head and we don't need that. Give him his shot. He's waited four years for it. O'Connel and Gutt can back him up if need be.

I am behind Cassell for this season now whatever comes.

Your ma boy Blue!!! Your ma boy! (Does anyone else hear Will Farrell singing 'Dust in the Wind' in the background?)

The Intimidator
09-16-2008, 10:23 AM
yep, I am supporting Cassell. The window of opportunity to have someone else come in, learn the system, get familiar with the team, is about closed. Bringing in someone else now might just mess with his head and we don't need that. Give him his shot. He's waited four years for it. O'Connel and Gutt can back him up if need be.

I am behind Cassell for this season now whatever comes.

Your ma boy Blue!!! Your ma boy! (Does anyone else hear Will Farrell singing 'Dust in the Wind' in the background?)

:laugh:
Funniest movie of all time.