PDA

View Full Version : dont u guys think andrew bynum is pretty overrated?

PhoenixSunsFan1
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
no really its hilarious how people say andrew bynums one of the best centers right now in the NBA please lakers fans tell the truth Andrew Bynum sucks u know Andrew Bynum sucks when kobes not playing hes not a good rebounder like tim duncan no really tell truth or is it homerness going around with faker fans.

THE NATION
09-15-2008, 02:21 PM
no really its hilarious how people say andrew bynums one of the best centers right now in the NBA please lakers fans tell the truth Andrew Bynum sucks u know Andrew Bynum sucks when kobes not playing hes not a good rebounder like tim duncan no really tell truth or is it homerness going around with faker fans.

I thought it was funny how Suns fans thought that they were going to get to the finals and even win the finals the last couple of years. I guess that didn't happen.

Kyben36
09-15-2008, 02:23 PM
He has only played 10/10 basketball for half a season. Now he is coming off an injury. How is he considered a Great Center

Zefflin
09-15-2008, 02:25 PM

Why don't you just shut the **** up and wait until next season to make your judgements. Now I know they will be just as useless as they are right now but at least everyone won't have to read these "BYNUM ARE OVERARRTED" threads for a few months...

PhxGiant
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Can somebody ban this kid already.

mjt20mik
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
He's a solid center.
Until he proves he can put up 20/10.. he will just be a top 20 center.

JMan17
09-15-2008, 03:14 PM
why didn't the mods ban this kid? it's a joke that he's still around, wtf?

Dynasty
09-15-2008, 03:17 PM
^x2

Famous03
09-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I dont think so hes only 20 and hes avging 15/11/2blocks come on this kid is a freak. And no im not a laker fan.

LAKERS 24/7
09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
I dont think so hes only 20 and hes avging 15/11/2blocks come on this kid is a freak. And no im not a laker fan.

thank you for not being a blind hater

Dol-Fan
09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
don't you think we have enough threads on Andrew Bynum?

ShakeN'Bake
09-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Can someone ban him...almost all of his posts have been baiting lakers fans

pippsux
09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I don't think he is overrated. I think he is young player with great upside. To be honest I don't think the traingle offense fits his game. For him to be a consistent 20/10 guy he needs multiple touches and plays ran for him. I don't see this happening in the current system and as long as Kobe is a Laker.

crazygolucky
09-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I dont think he's that bad. Pretty good, nothing spectacular but he seemed to play very solid last year. which is alot better than how he's played in previous years, so i think he'll get alot better. Plus with Gasol.... Shite. I'd still take shaq and amare though, and yes, without kobe, that team would be very mediocre.

SensandRaps
09-15-2008, 03:53 PM
i think that the poster hates the lakers :rolleyes: bynum isnt overated buddy please ban this kid or if the mods dont then we should make threads like these on the suns. This is commin from a raptors fan.

Afridi786
09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah he is very overrated, play a solid half a season, and he is the next shaq.

Rome
09-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Lol I agree, this is too many Bynum threads. As far as I know, the OPoster doesn't post in the suns forum so I'm pretty sure he just wants to bash the lakers and all their fans. Ban or a warning or something lol.

LAKERS 24/7
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I dont think he's that bad. Pretty good, nothing spectacular but he seemed to play very solid last year. which is alot better than how he's played in previous years, so i think he'll get alot better. Plus with Gasol.... Shite. I'd still take shaq and amare though, and yes, without kobe, that team would be very mediocre.

HAHA. That actually made me lol.

If you take the best player off every team, they'd be mediocre or worse too.

madiaz3
09-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Let's not mention how remarkably efficient he is. 65% FG

Lakersfan2483
09-15-2008, 04:43 PM

We shall see, I can't wait until we play the Suns next season.

Rome
09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
We shall see, I can't wait until we play the Suns next season.

I can't wait till we play you guys. Should be a very hyped and great game.

G-Funk
09-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Can somebody ban this kid already.

aleluya

G-Funk
09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah he is very overrated, play a solid half a season, and he is the next shaq.

He has only played 10/10 basketball for half a season. Now he is coming off an injury. How is he considered a Great Center

You guys just love these kinda threads, dont you?

PhxGiant
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm tired of all these Bynum threads turning into huge arguements. Come on guy's this is an internet website so what he was voted number #4 best center, its not like your lives are going to come to a hault. Let's just look forward to the season, of course we're going to disagree and defend our players we're passionate fans that love our team's. But there is no need to resort to childish behavior.

Antbanks21
09-15-2008, 05:03 PM
please somebody ban this kid already. he is just baiting lakers fans, he has no knowledge of basketball and we can see that in his last couple of threads:
-Season Standing predictons for the west.- He has Lakers at 6th
-Teams that u really hate.- He hates on the Lakers
and now this one
-dont u guys think andrew bynum is pretty overrated?

PhoenixSunsFan1:crazy::pity:

PhxGiant
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
please somebody ban this kid already. he is just baiting lakers fans, he has no knowledge of basketball and we can see that in his last couple of threads:
-Season Standing predictons for the west.- He has Lakers at 6th
-Teams that u really hate.- He hates on the Lakers
and now this one
-dont u guys think andrew bynum is pretty overrated?

PhoenixSunsFan1:crazy::pity:

Yeah this KID really needs to be banned.

SeoulBeatz
09-15-2008, 05:10 PM
hes got the potential to be a very good center in this league, but as of now he is just a top 10 center with very solid averages of 13 and 10

but to say hes bound to be a 20-14 center like dwight howard is pretty premature.

i rememebr a laker fan making the argument that if u put Bynum on the clippers hed but up 28-15 and 4 blocks, ill try to find the quote but thats where laker fans are going too far.

he has potential, but he is not a top tier big man just yet, give him time, laker fans need o chill out.

Afridi786
Yeah this KID really needs to be banned.

It's his opinion, you can't ban sum1 just for stated their opinions.

Rome
I'm tired of all these Bynum threads turning into huge arguements. Come on guy's this is an internet website so what he was voted number #4 best center, its not like your lives are going to come to a hault. Let's just look forward to the season, of course we're going to disagree and defend our players we're passionate fans that love our team's. But there is no need to resort to childish behavior.

Bynum winning 4th did make my life come to a hault!! Lmao I'm pretty sure were tired of you PhxGiant :) jk

PhxGiant
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
It's his opinion, you can't ban sum1 just for stated their opinions.

Very true, but he needs to go at it in a different way. He's obivously expecting to get a rise out of Laker fans by saying "Bynum sucks" instead of giving solid explanations as to why he feels that way, that can lead to actual discussions.

IndyRealist
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Actually no, I don't think he's overrated overall. Centers pretty much suck all around the league, and his 13/11 last year puts him in the top 5. Alot of people who would qualify ahead of him are playing PF instead of C, and acquiring 7fters to absorb the punishment Centers take (Duncan, Stoudamire, Nowitzki, etc.) After the top 4 names or so, it gets pretty ugly.

*Superman*
09-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I think most of us want this guy banned so what we all can do is go on strike from his threads and have no one post. Easy solution IMO.

GspLAL
09-15-2008, 07:20 PM

Pretty much what he just said, some Laker fans overrate him I'll agree but thats because we see him play every other day and saw some glimpse of what he CAN become in the later years.

ARMIN12NBA
09-15-2008, 07:33 PM

He put up 28 and 12 on the Suns. I don't know what you are talking about.

15 and 11 as a starter with the NBA Best FG%.

He's a solid center.
Until he proves he can put up 20/10.. he will just be a top 20 center.

Only two centers put up 20/10. Why does he have to average that much just to be in the top 20. People are overrating OTHER centers. People on this site have said that Bynum has to average 25 and 10 or 20 and 10 just to be in the top 10 when, in actuality, there isn't a large crop of good centers so 15 and 10 is actually top 5 material nowadays.

Lone Maverick
09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Yet another thread on Bynum.......seriously?

tim
09-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Only two centers put up 20/10. Why does he have to average that much just to be in the top 20. People are overrating OTHER centers. People on this site have said that Bynum has to average 25 and 10 or 20 and 10 just to be in the top 10 when, in actuality, there isn't a large crop of good centers so 15 and 10 is actually top 5 material nowadays.

nicely said... :clap:

Lost Art
09-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Where is the ban stick when you need it?

Spurred1
09-15-2008, 07:50 PM
These Bynum threads are getting ridiculous, not to mention excessive. I understand he's a very good player with room for improvement, but must there be daily threads about him? The offseason seems longer each day...

ARMIN12NBA
09-15-2008, 07:54 PM
These Bynum threads are getting ridiculous, not to mention excessive. I understand he's a very good player with room for improvement, but must there be daily threads about him? The offseason seems longer each day...

Most of these threads are hate threads...Which begs the question. How is he overrated when everybody thinks he sucks or hates him?

Dynasty
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
why do you guys even post in this thread

23LBJCleBrowns
09-15-2008, 07:59 PM
ill say hes overrated but he does not suck

dre1990
09-15-2008, 08:10 PM

I dont like you.

Rome
09-15-2008, 08:12 PM

The same reason you do I suppose. :)

Vidball
09-15-2008, 08:21 PM

Thats ironic :D

kobe24>jordan23
09-15-2008, 08:22 PM
CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE GAMES THEN WE WILL KNOW IF BYNUM IS OVER RATED OR NOT..
MY PREDICTIONS

PORTLAND V.S. LAKERS- ODEN 15-8-1 V.S. BYNUM 20-10-2

BYNUM V.S. CELTICS-BYNUM 17-12-3

BYNUM V.S. HOWARD- BYNUM 18-11-2 V.S. HOWARD 24-10-1

BYNUM V.S. yao - BYNUM 22-9-3 v.s. yao 23-12-1

BYNUM V.S. DUNCAN- BYNUM 25-13-1 v.s. duncan 22-8-2

BYNUM V.S. SHAQ- BYNUM 30-12-2 v.s. shaq 18-7-1

BYNUM V.S. AMARE- (DO I HAVE TO POST ON THIS JUST REMEMBER LAST YEAR BYNUM KILLED AMARE)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhOk2QFWvbg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv9B8Neff5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoRS_gZTvNg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJWaxBtmKxM&feature=related

hdxstunts1
09-15-2008, 08:22 PM
He's good, he's real good but he's not as good as everyone makes him out to be. He has potential but not the skills right now. He could be a great center but he has to work still!

Beno7500
09-15-2008, 08:34 PM
He is very overrated. But, I think that he can eventually back it up.

Spurred1
09-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Most of these threads are hate threads...Which begs the question. How is he overrated when everybody thinks he sucks or hates him?
Your question is a good one. It would probably apply to some teams as well. If a team or player is constantly bashed by a significant number of people, how is that team/player overrated?

As for the numerous Bynum threads-yes, unfortunately some of them are hate threads...and generally pointless.

$ NyC $
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
we talk bout him so much. As of now hes a SOLID center. IN THE FUTURE he will 4 sure be an All-Star. As of NOW some people overrate him 2 much, but i def. will admit he has the talent and potential 4 sure 2 become an All-Star and amazing Center.

LA412
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
You'll find out how overrated he is this season

oshea225
09-15-2008, 09:31 PM
more overHYPED than overRATED. in other words, he has the talent, potential, and numbers deserving of the accolades hes been reciving. but he hasnt played enough significant time to have earned all of it. 13 and 10 for a 19, 20 year old is definitely something to respect and take notice of.

still1ballin
09-15-2008, 10:47 PM
robocop rules!

FOBolous
09-15-2008, 11:24 PM
i think that the poster hates the lakers :rolleyes: bynum isnt overated buddy please ban this kid or if the mods dont then we should make threads like these on the suns. This is commin from a raptors fan.

i think the mods should ban anyone who thinks Bynum is one of the top5 center in the league

Rome
09-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Lmao I've seen the same argument countless times, just by different posters.

Fireworld
09-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Can someone ban him...almost all of his posts have been baiting lakers fans

He's probably just 11yo. no one is worried bout him, he's just making a fool of himself.

BoltLakerPadre
09-15-2008, 11:58 PM
He's only twenty years old, so its absurd to call him overrated. With that said, I think the kids a beast, is improving, and will continue both for years to come.

stevefrancis
09-16-2008, 12:03 AM
hes only had one good season and only played what 30 games. i see the potential he should be better than dwight howard because he has low post skills. just like yao let him have a healthy season and see what he's really made of.

bogdanrom
09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
You can't call someone who is 20 and hasn't really played overrated. Is he getting overrated by some Lakers fans? Maybe.

stawka
09-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Dude. If you're going to create junk posts, CHANGE YOUR F'IN USERNAME AND YOUR PICTURE! Just like some Laker fans on here that do nothing but talk junk to p1ss people off, you are doing the same. Laker fans have a bad reputation because of those idiots, and you are the idiot doing the same for Phoenix fans.

Just quit with your garbage threads, STOP!

bigmac8675
09-16-2008, 01:49 AM
He is very overrated. But, I think that he can eventually back it up.

Exactly... he need to prove himself for more than half a good season first. But for now... overrated.

knowledgeGOD
09-16-2008, 04:13 PM
nope not over rated

Faneik
09-16-2008, 04:21 PM
He's overhyped but if he plays like he did before he got hurt he'll be the #3 top center in the league.

I can understand the Lakers fans homerism about him.

Incublime24
09-16-2008, 04:30 PM

its funny that a suns fan should be the one to bring this up. just check out his stats against amare stoudemire and the suns, and that should give you your answer.

Cali4rnia
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
umm sound like a laker hater lol :) before bynum went down he was putting up decent number with very limited minutes.. kid was raw.. probably still raw for the next few season but watch out ;) one more thing if you are a suns fan i dont even think u can say bynums is overrated lol he pretty much made amare his ***** LOL

king4day
09-16-2008, 05:15 PM

If he wasn't hurt, then we wouldn't be having this convo right now.
While it's still up in the air, I think he's done enough to put fear in opposing teams eyes.

And please don't make threads/posts like this as your giving Suns fans a bad name.

king4day
09-16-2008, 05:17 PM

U can tell he's new.
Don't instigate creating hate threads or u'll end up seein urself in the same place you want him.

ShaunRiching9
09-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Pretty is not the right word

VERY VERY VERY would fit better like pfft half a good season of 13/10 ball

Al jefferson full season 20/11 ball <<<< and people rank bynum over him haha

ARMIN12NBA
09-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Pretty is not the right word

VERY VERY VERY would fit better like pfft half a good season of 13/10 ball

Al jefferson full season 20/11 ball <<<< and people rank bynum over him haha

Who ranked Bynum over Jefferson? Nobody.

ShaunRiching9
09-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Who ranked Bynum over Jefferson? Nobody.

look in the top 20 centers in the nba forums then you will see

LAKERMANIA
09-16-2008, 05:56 PM
i think the mods should ban anyone who thinks Bynum is one of the top5 center in the league

:pity:

Your just going to have to wait and see i suppose.

ARMIN12NBA
09-16-2008, 05:58 PM
look in the top 20 centers in the nba forums then you will see

LOL. I do see. Don't you realize something. Al Jefferson is a power forward. Not a center. That is why he wouldn't be ahead of Bynum in the top 20 centers...

LAKERMANIA
09-16-2008, 05:59 PM
LOL. I do see. Don't you realize something. Al Jefferson is a power forward. Not a center. That is why he wouldn't be ahead of Bynum in the top 20 centers...

They just use him as a Center so people can vote him over Bynum in rankings to make Bynum go lower..

Al Jefferson is better than Bynum as of now, definitely, but I also agree that Al Jefferson is a 4 not a 5

ARMIN12NBA
09-16-2008, 06:03 PM
They just use him as a Center so people can vote him over Bynum in rankings to make Bynum go lower..

Al Jefferson is better than Bynum as of now, definitely, but I also agree that Al Jefferson is a 4 not a 5

Exactly. He is a better player, but he is a power forward. That is why he was so terrible defensively last year. Not because he is actually a bad defender, but because he is a bit undersized to play center effectively on the other end of the floor (you know, the end that nobody cares about).

SensandRaps
09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
U can tell he's new.
Don't instigate creating hate threads or u'll end up seein urself in the same place you want him.

im noot creating a hate thread just voicing my opinion this is the 4th thread i think that hes created hating on the lakers and i dont know about u but i find it annoying

TMAC94
09-16-2008, 06:18 PM
i dont think too much of him now.

king4day
09-17-2008, 08:14 AM
im noot creating a hate thread just voicing my opinion this is the 4th thread i think that hes created hating on the lakers and i dont know about u but i find it annoying

100% agree.
I came to the NBA forum seein the Suns get bashed cuz a new poster can't keep his hate filled opinions to himself.
I was actually going to defend some comments that were against the Suns in here but then I realized, that it's all in defense of what the thread starter said. So it makes no sense.
I hear what ur sayin.

ink
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree completely with king4day. There is no need to start a thread to hate on a player, regardless of what team he's from. Keep the threads fair and there won't be any problems. Start threads intended to settle scores and there will be infractions. :cool: Closed.

ink
09-19-2008, 12:43 PM

There's no excuse for posts like this one. This is flat out baiting. Anyone starting threads like this will face infractions or bans. We're not putting up with hate threads. If you see a thread or a post like this, please report it. Thanks guys!