PDA

View Full Version : WHy do people think the spurs are a boring team?

PhoenixSunsFan1
09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
does anybody know why the spurs are a boring team, u know i dont think there a boring team people think that because the spurs they can just win easily they can show of there fun plays all they want but its just to easy for the spurs to do that they dont have time doing that cause they can win very easily..

_Sn1P3r_
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I think people think Spurs are boring because they are too fundamental in a sense they don't do fancy things. But I disagree in a way because Tony Parker and Ginobili are pretty fancy and get their share of highlights. Maybe their colours are too boring, I don't know. Everyone has different insights on the Spurs.

lavis
09-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I think it's mostly Duncan.

When they're offense is rolling and even that carrot guy is scoring, it's the opposite of boring.

NYKnickFanatic
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I agree with Lavis.

I think the Spurs are boring because of Duncan.

I have always looked at the Spurs as a boring team.

PhxGiant
09-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I hate what they do to the Suns, but the Spurs play THEIR game no matter who they play. They aren't going to speed up the tempo just because the other team plays fast, they play tough defense and execute in the half court for 48 minutes. Again, i hate what they do to the Suns in the playoffs, but i've got to respect them.

Sixerlover
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I honestly don't know. Not enough dunks maybe?

Icebox922
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
I think that people who thinks that SPURS is a boring team only because they watch too much AND1s video. If you want to be flashy watch AND1s if you want to expand your basketball IQ watch the SPURS.. its that simple!

Famous03
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Because of Duncan. Duncan doenst look like if he can ball, and it pisses me off that he can.

pippsux
09-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I think the Spurs are boring because of their personal. I am not knocking them, hey, they have won championships. Duncan is the reason though, he is just a great guy, no frills, no scandal, nothing. Today we like our heroes to be flawed.

Here is my list of flaws that a player needs to have to be "exciting"

Have baby mamas
Alledged rape
Cry a lot
Beat up a fan in the stands
Get the most techs every season
Make bad rap songs
Date celebrities
Do outrageous things ( chage hair color, wear dress)
Say outrageous things
Choke your coach
Throw a towel on your coach
Beat a teammate up over a chick

If Duncan does these things or at least some of these things, the Spurs will no longer be considered boring.

bogdanrom
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
They maybe boring but they are winning titles. People are just looking for excuses. In the end their system is perfect for winning games and titles.

Sixerlover
09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
And they aren't even boring. TP and Manu are two of the most exciting players in the NBA.

cuttygiantsfan
09-15-2008, 03:37 PM
they run train on other teams

LAKERS 24/7
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I think the Spurs are boring because of their personal. I am not knocking them, hey, they have won championships. Duncan is the reason though, he is just a great guy, no frills, no scandal, nothing. Today we like our heroes to be flawed.

Here is my list of flaws that a player needs to have to be "exciting"

Have baby mamas - All nba players
Alledged rape - kobe
Cry a lot - andre kerelenko (whatever)
Beat up a fan in the stands - artest
Get the most techs every season - rasheed
Make bad rap songs - kobe, artest, ai
Date celebrities - all
Do outrageous things ( chage hair color, wear dress) - rodman
Say outrageous things - artest and others
Choke your coach - ?
Throw a towel on your coach - brian cook
Beat a teammate up over a chick - ?

If Duncan does these things or at least some of these things, the Spurs will no longer be considered boring.

who are the ?

cubulls
09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
It wouldn't hurt to change the uniforms. Pretty dull IMO.

downsos
09-15-2008, 03:45 PM
They are the best at the fundamentals at that makes them boring to some people and you have Magic and Jordan to blame for that. Not that they weren't good at the fundamentals, but when I think of Magic I think of behind the back passes, and highlight dunks for Jordan.

Rome
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
I honestly don't know. Not enough dunks maybe?

Think it has something to do with that. You never really see TP lobbing it up to Duncan and him just throwing it down. Maybe them being "old" has something to do with it. Or that Tim Duncan never changes his facial expressions.

Beno7500
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Boring because it is low scoring, and they never dunk. It is always lay ups

BALLER71
09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Most boring team I have ever watched.
I didn't watch one game of the CLE and SA Series. I watch every Heat game except when they play the Spurs. They play team ball, they play basketball the right way. And it's boring.
But what the hell? They win Games, that's all that matters but they're boring.

ShaunRiching9
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
i agree with lavis

rabzouz 96
09-15-2008, 07:05 PM
because they have boring trikots, their parket and arena are dark which is also boring and they are , and they even have a boring logo

BALLER71
09-15-2008, 07:06 PM
who are the ?

Latrell Sprewell choked his coach.
He has now declared for Bankruptcy and now lives on the money of his yacht that he sold.

I am not kidding.

Spurred1
09-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Latrell Sprewell choked his coach.
He has now declared for Bankruptcy and now lives on the money of his yacht that he sold.

I am not kidding.
Yep-the coach was P.J. Carlesimo (probably spelled that wrong.) What a moron to lose all that money.

As for the question itself, my guess is because most people want to see flashy dunks and not the fundamental team basketball. They may be considered boring but they are champions, which is the most important thing.

mosdef17
09-15-2008, 07:24 PM
People that don't like to watch the Spurs play because they are boring are people that aren't true basketball fans and don't appreciate the game. If you want flashy plays and unrealistic finishes you can either watch AND1 "basketball" or go play NBA Live...

Tony and Manu are definitely two of the more exciting players in the league. Why doesn't everyone call Boston boring? They don't really get any massive dunks, their 3 stars are old and play fundamentally now, they play very hard defense so most of their games are low scoring.... If I have to see KG pumping his chest and yelling something stupid one more time I'm going to break my television.

BoltLakerPadre
09-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Because they are.

Oh, you want more than that? How about quiet Duncan as their superstar. When was the last time you say him flying down the lane for a huge dunk. Or how about their fastbreaks?

They slow the game down, use most of the shot clock and play great defense, so the scores are lower, which to many people means boring.

Sure it's fun to watch a truely dominate defensive team, but you know most of the viewing public would rather watch a 112-118 game than an 81-76 game.

JPHX
09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
because Duncan's nickname is Mr. Fundamental. exciting huh?

23LBJCleBrowns
09-15-2008, 08:10 PM
they can win easily but the thing is that they dont have a fun all star to watch

23LBJCleBrowns
09-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Tim duncan is not that fun to wathc

DenButsu
09-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Another question would be, which is more boring, watching the Spurs or reading this same thread for the 187th time?

No offense to the OP, but man, this topic has just been retread so many times that it's really
:horse:

Spurred1
09-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Another question would be, which is more boring, watching the Spurs or reading this same thread for the 187th time?

No offense to the OP, but man, this topic has just been retread so many times that it's really
:horse:
I think I like your question more,actually.

BRADfromOZ
09-15-2008, 09:00 PM
They are the best at the fundamentals at that makes them boring to some people and you have Magic and Jordan to blame for that. Not that they weren't good at the fundamentals, but when I think of Magic I think of behind the back passes, and highlight dunks for Jordan.
I think you've just nailed what i was going to say. I only find basketball boring when the team that is down looses all desire/ability to play hard and try to get back into the game. I think because the Spurs play such good basketball that this happens a lot to their opposition.

$ NyC $
09-15-2008, 09:13 PM
They're just a slow/boring team. Ginobli is the most entertaining player on the time, then Parker and the rest aren't at all. They need 2 get more athletes, people who can throw it down.

GunFactor187
09-15-2008, 11:58 PM
I like the Spurs for two reasons:

Tim Duncan - Still plays old school fundamentals which A LOT of players need to learn how to do.

David Robinson - Was perfect complement with Tim Duncan, a TRUE center, really was underrated at his position.