PDA

View Full Version : Dark Horse??

zachattach
09-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Who are the "Dark Horses" of the East and the West, not only to make the playoffs but to make some noise in them? Teams that are flying under the radar. And why are they dangerous?

West-The Blazers are young and talented. They have the make up to be really really good. Not only are they going to be tough to stop but they have the personnel to play tough D. Now that i think of it they are pretty damn deep too.

East- Miami !! four words for ya "Dwayne Wade is Back" i no they are pretty weak at the 1 and 5 but i think the four-sum of Beasley, Wade, Haslem and Marion will be really active and be able to go on quick bursts.

Nighthawk
09-15-2008, 11:25 AM
West-L.A Clippers-They FINALLY have a true point. Kaman proved to be a dominant force last year aswell. With Camby next to him they should be twin towers down low on Def. I think the "other" LA team may surprise some people.

East-Knicks- They have talent. But for years they couldnt put egos and problems aside and play a good brand of ball. D'Antoni and Walsh i think will change that. I think they can steal an 8 seed.

NYKnickFanatic
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Error.

NYKnickFanatic
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
West-L.A Clippers-They FINALLY have a true point. Kaman proved to be a dominant force last year aswell. With Camby next to him they should be twin towers down low on Def. I think the "other" LA team may surprise some people.

East-Knicks- They have talent. But for years they couldnt put egos and problems aside and play a good brand of ball. D'Antoni and Walsh i think will change that. I think they can steal an 8 seed.

Boy do I hope you are right.

jgonboricua
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
west - portland, could be more competitive then ever, very deep team. with the addition of oden and rudy fernandez look for them to make some noise

east - bulls had a down year last year but do not count them out, deng and hinrich should be coming back better then ever, thomas is due for a breakout year, rose will have some growing pains but come playoff time should be doing pretty good under the new uptempo bulls, they also are a pretty deep team, long as noah can hold himself at the 5 and the gordon situation is resolved they should be fine

Icebox922
09-15-2008, 12:18 PM
(EAST) Milwaukee Bucks - nough said this team is dangerous..

(WEST) LA CLIPPERS - you cant go wrong with the baron.

.. but seriously Milwaukee is the team to watch this year...

JMan17
09-15-2008, 12:20 PM
(EAST) Milwaukee Bucks - nough said this team is dangerous..

hahaha come again?

$ NyC $
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
LOL BUCKS?! loll..

West : Blazers
East: Wish it was the Knicks, prob. the Bulls. It's so weird one season they defeated the defending champs in the playoffs and had a solid record then the next they were a lotto team. Prob. should work out really good with them drafting #1 and already having a great team.

soriano2008WS
09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
East : Iwouldn;t say they are dangerous but the Bucks will make the playoffs.

West : LA Clippers

Icebox922
09-15-2008, 12:38 PM
we talking about DARKHORSE here right?

You rather pick the knicks over bucks ?? now thats a joke!

who do they have? PATRICK EWING JR? GALLINARI whos a rookie by the way
they still cant figure what to do with MARBURY and RANDOLPH.. crawford being the only guy who is consistent in a way in that team.

over a team who can easily make it to the playoff.

BOGUT
CHARLIE VILLANUEVA
RICHARD JEFFERSON
MICHAEL REDD
LUKE RIDNOUR

now tell me if thats a team to be laughing about.

knownuffball
09-15-2008, 12:45 PM
That line-up is strong after the Jefferson trade... KNICKS!?!?!? Lets be real fellas, there is no reason to lie to ourselves, we all know that team doesn't know what there trying to do over there in NY. Isiah Thomas put that team 15 years back.... Knicks won't do anything this year, I don't know why D'antoni went there, & that was NY best off season pick up, the coach! LOL pitiful! I can see the Bulls being a more reasonable pick then the Knicks jus beacuse they were expected to finish a lot better

IndyRealist
09-15-2008, 02:52 PM
we talking about DARKHORSE here right?

You rather pick the knicks over bucks ?? now thats a joke!

who do they have? PATRICK EWING JR? GALLINARI whos a rookie by the way
they still cant figure what to do with MARBURY and RANDOLPH.. crawford being the only guy who is consistent in a way in that team.

over a team who can easily make it to the playoff.

BOGUT
CHARLIE VILLANUEVA
RICHARD JEFFERSON
MICHAEL REDD
LUKE RIDNOUR

now tell me if thats a team to be laughing about.

Easily make it to the playoffs? I don't know about that. Boston, Cleveland, Detriot, Orlando, Toronto, and Washington are pretty much all locks for the playoffs, barring major injury. That leaves two spots open for Milwaukee, Chicago, Philly, Indiana, Miami, and Atlanta (I don't give Charlotte, New Jersey, or New York much of a chance). For them to make it "easily" into the playoffs, that means that you are absolutely sure that they are better than at least four of those other teams. Really?

Ridnour averaged 6.4ppg and 4apg last year, shooting less than 40% from the floor and less than 30% from three, and he's your starter. If he can get back to the 11/7 production he had two years ago, maybe. And if Andrew Bogut's ankle injury isn't serious and doesn't reoccur. And if Richard Jefferson can learn to adapt to the first new system he's had to deal with his entire pro career. And if he learns to rebound again. And if the entire team learns to play defense. Especially Charlie V. That's a lot of "if"s to "easily" make it into the playoffs.

EAST: Indiana Pacers. Because no one expects them to. Basically a new team, with a solid mix of young veterans (Mike Dunleavy, Danny Granger, TJ Ford) and rookies ready to contribute (Brandon Rush, Roy Hibbert, both 4yr college players). No project players on this team.
Chicago Bulls. Assuming they resolve Ben Gordon, I expect them to get back to where they were two years ago. Contract issues and the Kobe thing turned a blue-collar, hardworking team into a bunch of primadonnas. They still need an inside presence, Gooden doesn't cut it, in order to open up the floor for their jumpshooters.

WEST: Sacramento Kings. Artest has held back every team he's been on. I'm not a big fan of Beno Udrih, but I am of Jason Thompson. With Thomspon, Garcia, and Hawes I think they have a deep bench assuming the old Brad Miller is back.
Denver Nuggets. They traded away their best defensive player for nothing. No one expects them to go anywhere this year, but I'm not so sure. At least now they won't be playing 4 on 5 on offense anymore.

I didn't include the Blazers because Portland is not a "Dark Horse" team, everyone thinks they're going to the playoffs this year. They were .500 last year, and only got better in the offseason. If no one complains about playing time, they're incredibly deep.

PhxGiant
09-15-2008, 03:04 PM
The Suns are flying under the radar IMO.

Famous03
09-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I think its going to be the clippers Just because of there additions, Camby, Baron, Ricky, Williams. And the Development of Al and Gordan, if everything goes well.

Icebox922
09-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Easily make it to the playoffs? I don't know about that. Boston, Cleveland, Detriot, Orlando, Toronto, and Washington are pretty much all locks for the playoffs, barring major injury. That leaves two spots open for Milwaukee, Chicago, Philly, Indiana, Miami, and Atlanta (I don't give Charlotte, New Jersey, or New York much of a chance). For them to make it "easily" into the playoffs, that means that you are absolutely sure that they are better than at least four of those other teams. Really?

Ridnour averaged 6.4ppg and 4apg last year, shooting less than 40% from the floor and less than 30% from three, and he's your starter. If he can get back to the 11/7 production he had two years ago, maybe. And if Andrew Bogut's ankle injury isn't serious and doesn't reoccur. And if Richard Jefferson can learn to adapt to the first new system he's had to deal with his entire pro career. And if he learns to rebound again. And if the entire team learns to play defense. Especially Charlie V. That's a lot of "if"s to "easily" make it into the playoffs.

EAST: Indiana Pacers. Because no one expects them to. Basically a new team, with a solid mix of young veterans (Mike Dunleavy, Danny Granger, TJ Ford) and rookies ready to contribute (Brandon Rush, Roy Hibbert, both 4yr college players). No project players on this team.
Chicago Bulls. Assuming they resolve Ben Gordon, I expect them to get back to where they were two years ago. Contract issues and the Kobe thing turned a blue-collar, hardworking team into a bunch of primadonnas. They still need an inside presence, Gooden doesn't cut it, in order to open up the floor for their jumpshooters.

WEST: Sacramento Kings. Artest has held back every team he's been on. I'm not a big fan of Beno Udrih, but I am of Jason Thompson. With Thomspon, Garcia, and Hawes I think they have a deep bench assuming the old Brad Miller is back.
Denver Nuggets. They traded away their best defensive player for nothing. No one expects them to go anywhere this year, but I'm not so sure. At least now they won't be playing 4 on 5 on offense anymore.

I didn't include the Blazers because Portland is not a "Dark Horse" team, everyone thinks they're going to the playoffs this year. They were .500 last year, and only got better in the offseason. If no one complains about playing time, they're incredibly deep.

why is it that im not surprised that you picked INDIANA.. hmmm

you talking about JEFFERSON having to adjust to how the bucks play which I dont really see how diff his game will be, playing for bucks when all his career hes always been a slasher.

you picked INDIANA as your darkhorse.. which you pretty much contradicted yourself having all these new players. adjusting to play together.

and you saying that by trading CAMBY noone expects them to go anywhere??
you are talking about IVERSON AND ANTHONY here and with a healthy NENE AND MARTIN .. you cant be serious about that comment.

Sixerlover
09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I like the bucks too as the darkhorse of the East. They need some more muscle in the paint, but right now if anything they have championship caliber wing players. It's just the rest that needs some fixing, but they could snag a 8th seed.

Boston, Detroit, Orlando, Philly, Toronto, Cleveland, and Washington more than likely will be the top 7 teams (in any order). That 8th seed very well could be the Bucks

bogdanrom
09-15-2008, 03:36 PM
In the East I really think it could be Washington. If we don't have any major injuries we have a chance to get to the 2nd round and possibly the ECF.

Sixerlover
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I always wanted to hear this from a Washington fan. Do you really think that you guys with the roster right now could make the ECF?
I honestly see 6 teams better than them in the East.

Nighthawk
09-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Knicks have talent

Curry
Randolph
Lee
Crawford
Quentin
Robinson
Marbury
Chandler
Galinari
Ewing Jr
Duhon
Jeffries

Thats a talented roster if you ask me.

I was always shocked that roster was at the bottom of the league. Like i previously stated i think D'Antoni/Walsh will turn things around. I am not expecting a deep playoff run or a title winner. But in the weak east i can see the Knicks stealing a spot

The 8th seed is Bucks/Heat/Knicks

Sixerlover
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Is the east still "weak" to you?

Because it doesn't look weak to me. Not weak enough that the knicks can make a run

NYKnickFanatic
09-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Is the east still "weak" to you?

Because it doesn't look weak to me. Not weak enough that the knicks can make a run

Ouch. :(

Ph1lly Diehard
09-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Bucks are my pick not just to take the 8th seed, but the 7th seed.

Sixerlover
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Ouch. :(

Do you honestly see the knicks making a run for the playoffs this year? I mean outside of the top 7, do you think they'll be better than the Hawks, Bucks, Heat or Bulls? I really don't. They're a couple more impact players away

Rome
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I believe in the west you got the clippers. Have made the most off season moves and are lookin pretty dam good. Not many people talking about them because their the second team in LA but look for them to do some damage.

And the east I would like to see NY get their **** together and suprise the league and squeeze into the 8th spot but I don't know if they can turn it around so soon. I'm going with Miami.

A healthy Dwade, Matrix, the ROY IMO, make up a sick 3 player tandem and look to make some noise in the East.

bogdanrom
09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
I always wanted to hear this from a Washington fan. Do you really think that you guys with the roster right now could make the ECF?
I honestly see 6 teams better than them in the East.

Good for you. And yeah I really think that this roster has a chance to get to the ECF. Just the same way some Sixers fans think they are the 3rd best team in the East which they're not. That's my opinion. Deal with it.

Beno7500
09-16-2008, 01:23 AM
I think the Kincks and Thunder

Cracka2HI!
09-16-2008, 01:33 AM
I like how a lot of you are saying Clippers! Of course me saying it is a little homer but seeing a few others say it makes me feel more comfortable. I feel like a homer saying but I can see my Clipps taking the Pacific division and being a major factor. Don't get me wrong I know its unlikely but imagine a team with; Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman, Ricky Davis, Jason Williams, Eric Gordon and Cattino Mobley all playing at the top of their of game. That is a championship caliber team...if they all play at the top of their game. To be honest I think Dunleavy is the perfect coach to get the most out of this group players and all these guys have something to prove and another contract to earn! We will play hard and be a very tough team!!

cahawk
09-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Yep okc is a darkhorse....
a darkhorse to win the oklahoma 4A high school champioship.