PDA

View Full Version : What if Something to ponder

Crickr
09-14-2008, 09:29 AM
This is just a what if.
What if cassel plays well enough to keep the pats in contention this season or does better and takes them all the way?
Here is the milti million dollar question.
Cassel is a free agent next year if he does well or better then well will he resign with the Pats and backup Brady again or will he go to greener football fields and become a starter on another team. Mind you this is all what if .

The Intimidator
09-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Cassel walks after this season if he plays well, and even if he just does okay. If he plays well and gets the team to the playoffs then a team that needs a starting QB will go after him. Chance to start > Being a backup, even if being a backup meant you were on a better team. I think the major reason why the Pats drafted O'Connell was because they expected Cassel to walk after this season.

Crickr
09-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Cassel walks after this season if he plays well, and even if he just does okay. If he plays well and gets the team to the playoffs then a team that needs a starting QB will go after him. Chance to start > Being a backup, even if being a backup meant you were on a better team. I think the major reason why the Pats drafted O'Connell was because they expected Cassel to walk after this season.

Agree with that

MilledgeGomez
09-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Agreed I think regardless he will leave this year to become a starter elsewhere

The Intimidator
09-14-2008, 11:17 AM
In this market, someone will offer him pretty good money. I mean, Randall Gay didn't even start for us and New Orleans gave him a pretty good deal.

KingJamsI
09-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah I don't think there's any situation under which Cassel is on this team next year. He's either gonna play his way off our team, or (hopefully) play his way onto another team.

Patsfan56
09-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Yeah I don't think there's any situation under which Cassel is on this team next year. He's either gonna play his way off our team, or (hopefully) play his way onto another team.
I hope its the latter. There are some teams in desperate need of a QB and we could get a good trade/ draft pick for him if he does well.

The Intimidator
09-16-2008, 10:25 AM
^^^He's a free agent after the season, so we won't get anything.

Hometeamrivals
09-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Nobody will ever replace Brady.!

The Intimidator
09-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks for that enlightening comment.

Patsfan56
09-17-2008, 08:25 AM
^^^He's a free agent after the season, so we won't get anything.
oh right, forgot.