PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Offseason Playoffs Rd 2: Detroit vs Atlanta - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
09-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Detroit has homecourt Advantage

Detroit Pistons Lineup:

PG: Chauncey Billups/Rodney Stuckey/Lindsey Hunter
SG: Stephen Jackson/Mo Evans/Juan Dixon
SF: James Posey/Ime Udoka/Rodney Carney
PF: Jermaine O'Neal/Jason Maxiell/Robert Horry
C: Rasheed Wallace/Alonzo Mourning

Atlanta Hawks Lineup:

Center: Kendrick Perkins|Zaza Pachulia|Robert Swift
Power Forward: David West|Mikki Moore|Josh Smith
Small Forward: Josh Smith|Josh Childress|Devean George
Shooting Guard: Ray Allen|Eddie Jones|Salim Stoudemire
Point Guard: Raymond Felton|Acie Law|Kevin Ollie

Detroit Pistons Series Writeup:

All signs point to JO finally being healthy. When he was healthy, he was a 20-10 guy and was third in the MVP balloting the last time he was healthy. Even if he isn't the MVP candidate JO he once was, he is still a force to be reckoned with when healthy. Pair him with another high caliber player in Sheed, and you've got a big duo that blocks shots, will score on the block, rebound and in keeping with Pistons tradition, play stellar defense. As far as them going up against Perkins and West, it will be a tough matchup, but we matchup well. Sheed would probably guard West most of the time as heís a better defender, and he could slow West down. And Perkins isnít much of a threat offensively, and would be even less so with a big body and good defender in JO on him. On the other end, West and Perkins donít have the skill or versatility to stop JO and Sheeds post game, as well as Sheeds outside game.
At the wing spots, we have two very solid players. They're not necessarily locked in at SG and SF and it doesn't really matter. Posey will guard the other teams best perimeter player most every night, and that definetly gives this team an edge defensively, because it allows Jackson, who himself is a prety good defender, to guard the other wing spot, and also help defensively where needed. Not to mention these guys offensively are both very good 3 point shooters and in no way back down from big shots. Jax is a 20ppg scorer who if not a go to guy necessarily will make plays and score points for this team when needed. While going up against one of the better SFís in Smith, and a good SG in Ray Ray will be tough on Posey and Jax, their D is what makes this matchup close. Their wing combo is probably more skilled. But Smith isnít a great scorer. Heís athletic as hell and can dunk the ball, but with either Posey or Jax on him, hes not going to be making jump shots and heís also going to have a tougher time getting to the hole. And even when he does get there, hes got JO and Sheed to get through as well. And while Allen is good and coming off screens and hitting shots, heíll have a good defender on him in either posey or Jax, who can at the very least slow him down and really make him work to get his 20. With the shooting ability of Posey and Jax, it will limit Smithís ability defensively. Heís a great weak side helper, but with those guys, he canít afford to leave them open as they can make it rain out there. And ray allen is weak defensively and heís not going to be getting a lot of help.
At PG, we retain the ever reliable and always clutch Chauncey Billups. Mr. Big Shot is still a very talented pg, who can do a multitude of things for this team. He defends very well, is a great floor general and not only can he score, but he also doesn't shy away from making big shots. Heíll take Felton to school. He can take him inside and out, and heíll be able to really make him work on the defensive end.
The bench for this team is definitely better than the Hawks bench.. Stuckey blossomed last year, and showed that when given the opportunity when he started in place of a injured Billups, he could be a very good player. He'll most likely be one of the first guys off the bench at either guard spot. The other young guy for us is Jason Maxiell, who if anyone has watched him, has to admire his play. He may not be the most talented guy, but he hustles, plays D, and just does everything you want out of a guy coming off the bench. He should only continue to improve.
Our other big is Alonzo Mourning. He may have lost a step or two over the years, but he's still a very capable defender and of course shot blocker. He brings that intimidation factor to the court with him, as well as intensity and leadership. Not to mention championship experience.
Coming off the bench at the wings are Ime Udoka and Mo Evans. Udoka showed the last few years his long journey to the NBA has made him a very capable player. He can be a lock down defender, and he also has shown the ability to hit the corner three. Along with him is Mo Evans who isn't the worlds best defender, but hes a strong guy, who plays hard, and has the ability to be a scoring spark off the bench.
Our bench is rounded out by one of the best role players ever in Robert Horry, and no doubt he still has the ability to hit some big shots and play some crafty veteran D. Lindsey Hunter too brings championship experience and is a crafty defender who gets it done defensively.
Overall, this team retains the Piston mindset of dominant defense. But the problem with the past few Piston teams has been perhaps a lack of hunger, passion and maybe they were too complacent. With a shakeup to bring in passion (jax and posey), intensity (jax and zo), championship experience (horry, zo, jax, posey) this team retains the core principles of Piston basketball while making in hungrier, more talented and deeper.

Atlanta Hawks Series Writeup:

We of Atlanta have just upset the Boston Celtics. We have momentum going into this series. Lets face it everyone Detroit has aged. Players like O'neal, Sheed. You can even now say Chauncey, Posey. Imo Posey shouldnt be a starter. He is a great player... off the bench but starting is a different story. Also I would like to point out that Detroit has an injury riddled J.O. Cmon how many games has he played last year? Sheed is also on the older side only putting up 12 ppg while being inconsistent settling for the outside shot. My team is here to win. We have improved our team to top 5 when we were barely 8th last season. We added players with championship experience (Ray Allen and Kendrick Perkins) we added a post player (20 and 9 allstar David West). We gotta a younger Pg that is a stud (Ray Felton). Raymond is very undderated. The Bobcats foolishily put him at SG when he is a PG which is why he is undderated. he averaged 14.4 PPG and 7.4 APG. Also keep in mind Chauncey hasnt been the same since 2 years ago. He is not the Mr.Bigshot anymore.

I have the perfect 8 man playoff rotation:

Perkins|Moore
West|Moore
Smith|Childress
Allen|Childress
Felton|Law

*Chill averaged 12ppg 5 rpg
*Mikki averaged 9 ppg 6 rpg
*Also 2 yrs ago Mikki had the best FG% in the L.
**Both off the bench for me

My full rotation:

Kendrick Perkins|Zaza Pachulia|Robert Swift
David West|Mikki Moore
Josh Smith|Josh Childress|Devean George
Ray Allen|Eddie Jones|Salim Stoudamire
Raymond Felton|Acie Law|Kevin Ollie

Tom81
09-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Detroit Pistons

BrizzleBear
09-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Hawks.

AgentViet
09-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Gotta go with the Pistons here.

Billups will beat Felton on both ends of the floor with ease.

SJax and Ray will both score 20 PPG and neither are much of a defender so I call this match up even.

Josh Smith and James Posey will lock down each other but Smith will with this one.

JO and West are pretty much even if JO is healthy as they're both 20-10 guys, except JO is better on D.

Sheed would draw Perk out to the perimeter and bomb 3's over him, he takes this match up easy.

yaowowrocket11
09-14-2008, 12:08 PM
It's close, but I think the Hawks are the better overall team.

Nighthawk
09-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Detroit EASILY......i think its ridiculous that Atl got by that TREMENDOUS boston squad. Pistons in a sweep

_Sn1P3r_
09-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I like the Pistons here.

Nets fan 93
09-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Detroit EASILY......i think its ridiculous that Atl got by that TREMENDOUS boston squad. Pistons in a sweep
:eyebrow:

Celtics downgraded and their 2nd best player is injury prone.

ShakeN'Bake
09-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Im going to go with the hawks

phillyphan4ever
09-14-2008, 04:29 PM
i like the hawks

Nets fan 93
09-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh and btw to make things clear. David West is gaurding Sheed so the perimeter wont be a problem. also Perkins is a good post defender.

Dynasty
09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
voted for the pistons

superkegger
09-14-2008, 10:28 PM
voted for the pistons

so did i

Joshtd1
09-14-2008, 10:50 PM
I think the biggest reason we win here is the advantage Billups has over Felton, and our front court would do a better job containing them, then they would contain ours.

DocUSN
09-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I think the biggest reason we win here is the advantage Billups has over Felton, and our front court would do a better job containing them, then they would contain ours.

I give atlanta a punchers chance, but in the end agree with you. Detroit

Leftcoast_yg
09-15-2008, 03:08 AM
easy detroit i would switch j.o. and sheed to be put at the 4, plus det has way more d and more 3 point shooters billups,jackson, posey and sheed can be really affective 3pt shooter and defenders and j.o. can just kick out to any of them