PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Offseason Playoffs Rd 2: Minnesota vs San Antonio - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
09-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Minnesota has homecourt advantage

Minnesota Timberwolves Lineup:

PG - Jason Kidd/Eddie House/Jason Hart
SG - Tracy McGrady/Keith Bogans/Anthony Carter
SF - Andrei Kirilenko/Jamario Moon/Chuck Hayes
PF - Al Jefferson/Hakim Warrick/Tim Thomas
C - Erick Dampier/Marc Gasol/Craig Smith

San Antonio Spurs Lineup:

C: Nene - Frabicio Oberto - Dikembe Mutombo
PF: Tim Duncan - Francisco Elson - Omer Asik
SF: Bruce Bowen - Nicholas Batum - Damjan Rudez
SG: Manu Ginobili - Thabo Sefolosha - Gordan Giricek
PG: Tony Parker - Jose Barea - Goran Dragic

San Antonio Spurs Series Writeup:

Center:
Nene and Dampier are both solid defensive C's but Dampier has shown some decline in the past few years. Nene is the better offensive player and will slightly out match Dampier here.

Power Forward:
Al Jefferson is a rising big man but Duncan is still the best PF in the game that can handle Big Al on both ends of the floor with ease.

Small Forward:
AK and Bowen are both top notch defenders. Bowen can lock down or at least limit AK on offense. On the other end, Bowen will hang around the 3 point line waiting for an open shot in case Duncan gets double teamed. That will bring AK out to the perimeter so he cannot be effective a help defender in the paint.

Shooting Guard:
McGrady is great, but has always struggled dearly against the Spurs' defense. He has average 11.3 PPG against the Spurs this season while Manu averaged 19.3 PPG against the Rockets. The Spurs' team D combined with Manu's great defensive game will give McGrady many problems on offense, and we can also put Bowen on McGrady if Manu cannot handle the job.

Point Guard:
Parker is a top 5 PG while Kidd has clearly declined. As we all saw in this season, he struggles against quicker PGs and Tony Parker is one of the quickest players in the league. His speed will destroy Kidd on offense and Kidd isn't much of a threat offensively anymore so Parker takes this match up.

Overall:
The Spurs will win this series as their two best offensive weapons will be majorly limited by two of the game's best defensive players. On the other end, the Spurs' two best scoring options in Duncan and Parker will be showing the defensive liabilities Big Al has and how Kidd cannot keep up with a quick PG.

The Minnesota Timberwolves did not do a writeup.

Tom81
09-14-2008, 05:56 AM
San Antonio

DocUSN
09-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I think Kidd is done, and Tmac is still the "man" on this team and we all know what happens when Tmac is "The Man"

Spurs are proven.

superkegger
09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
I'll take Minnesota, with homecourt I think they would just edge out SA.

yaowowrocket11
09-14-2008, 12:06 PM
None of these teams impress me. The T'Wolves are solid overall, but is Kidd capable of leading this team, is T-Mac capable of winning another series? For the Spurs, can this team still be a powerhouse in the West, can this terrible bench make an impact in this postseason, with over 4 rookies on it, and no one capable of being a solid 6th man off the bench?

Because of experience and proof, I went with the Spurs.

_Sn1P3r_
09-14-2008, 01:20 PM
It's a tight race but I went with the Spurs.

Sixerlover
09-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Damn I thought LL said he was going to do this writeup since I did the last one..

Oh well.

Simular starting 5, MUCH better bench.

phillyphan4ever
09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
i like the TWolves here

superkegger
09-14-2008, 10:34 PM
I really think, however downhill jason kidd is going, and whatever Tmac's ineptness in the playoffs, that with AK and Al Jeff there, these guys are scary good. That's just an incredible collection of talent and I think they'd do very well, especially with Tmac and Al Jefferson getting their shots and AK getting his too.

DocUSN
09-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I really think, however downhill jason kidd is going, and whatever Tmac's ineptness in the playoffs, that with AK and Al Jeff there, these guys are scary good. That's just an incredible collection of talent and I think they'd do very well, especially with Tmac and Al Jefferson getting their shots and AK getting his too.

I love how you rip AK in one thread then prasie him in another, thats great lol.

The point is you can't just throw together a group of guys who have nice stats and expect them to do the same things together they did apart. J kidd is the perfect example his stats went down when he moved to dallas and you could tell the team had no flow to it.

The spurs are proven.

Jason Kidd is declining.

Tmac has never shown to be a winner

Al Jeff had his career year on a terrible team.

You your self said AK47 is a whiney female dog.

I'll say it untill the day I die, Chemistry, Intangibles, Defense, Team Work, and heart make winners, not stats and big names.

Ask The 04 lakers, better yet ask the 04 pistons

Leftcoast_yg
09-15-2008, 02:43 AM
spurs, cuz expirience overwrites talent, wich t mac dont have neither does al jefferson, plus the spurs team looks even more dangerous than the one they won rings with