PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom

zachattach
09-14-2008, 02:14 AM
I was just wondering what the opinion of Lamar is from non Lakers fans? Do you think he could help your team?

Do you think he can play Sf? most Laker fans seem to think he cant..

Thanks for your input

stawka
09-14-2008, 02:18 AM
I think he could help any team. He is a triple-double threat at any time and can really do it all - rebound/block/dribble/inside/outside/pass. It just looks like he doesn't have his head in the game at times.

x_notorious
09-14-2008, 02:23 AM
He is a good fit for any team in the NBA, just think about. Who doesn't need a guy who can dribble the ball up the floor like a PG, pass the ball, rebound the ball and at times a solid scorer. Plus, he is doing that with major length.

The only thing is though is that he isn't a number 1,2, or even number 3 scoring option on a team. He'll get around 10-13 PPG, sure, but his scoring his way too inconsistent. But you couldn't ask for more if you are talking about rebounding, ball handling etc.

PhxGiant
09-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Of course he would help any team he goes to. He looks amazing for a few games, but then he just disappears.

zachattach
09-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Can he play SF??

PhxGiant
09-14-2008, 02:31 AM
Can he play SF??

Yeah, i believe thats his natural position.

x_notorious
09-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Can he play SF??

Yes, he can. In the upcoming season he will play SF for the Lakers.

Naturally, people would wonder why with his size + length. But his overall talent and abilities allows him to play essentially 3 positions on the floor.

JMan17
09-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Lamor Odom could of been an awesome player, he has the skills too as well, he just doesn't get into that rhythm, that consistency, he could of been so much better, especially in scoring.

but with that said, he still a great fit for any team, and a really good player overall.

barreleffact
09-14-2008, 05:07 AM
heck yea. he is a monster. body wise he could have been lebron or better but he doesnt have the mentality. idky but he isnt tough enough to be a huge scoring impact player. that would be okay if he wasnt also weak defensively. odam can do everything but at times looks lost on both ends but he's still top 7 sf in the league IMO

Tom81
09-14-2008, 05:59 AM
I think he could help any team. He is a triple-double threat at any time and can really do it all - rebound/block/dribble/inside/outside/pass. It just looks like he doesn't have his head in the game at times.

agreed,if he stay healthy.

BlondeBomber41
09-14-2008, 06:25 AM
I call him Scrotum Odom.

$ NyC $
09-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Agree with all of you. Odom is one of those rare and extremely versatile players. At 6"10 he can really do anything you ask. He blocks,steals,rebounds very well, racks up his share of assists, and scores around 15 ppg. If his scoring was more consistent he would be a guaranteed All-Star. He just needs 2 focus a lil' more. He has the range, dribbling skills, and strength to play both foward positions 4 sure.

IndyRealist
09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
I wish the Pacers had taken him for Jermaine O'Neal when they had the chance. He is way too versatile and talented to pass up. I will say that sometimes he looks like he's just out there going through the motions, but if anyone could ignite the competitive drive in him to be the best, he could be a hall of famer. He settles for being good, not great.

zachattach
09-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Im very surprised by the postive opinion of him. I agree with you guys he is very talented, so versatile i love his game. But your all right on the dot he shows up some nights and not others.

I hear a lot of Laker fans hate on him i was just wondering if everyone had the same perception.

njnets
09-14-2008, 02:43 PM
is it just me, or would he fit in REALLY WELL with the suns. hes a big man that can run, shoot a little, and rebound. sounds good to me.

promixxer
09-14-2008, 03:01 PM
The problem with Odom is the system and players he plays with. If you put him on a team that plays team ball, he will do very well.

He fit in very well with the heat before he was traded for shaq. They played good team ball because they did not have that marque name so everyone played.

The initial problem with him playing with the lakers was Kobe. It is very hard to play with a guy like Kobe who puts his numbers first then his team second.

Now that we have a change in Kobe's play and the addition to Pau a great team player, Odom has been amazing on the court.

G-Funk
09-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Talented player, I don't know one team who would pass on him.

Iceman_9
09-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Odom can play all the positions on the court. His versatility is one of the best right now.

NYKnickFanatic
09-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I honestly dont know why, but I just never really did like Odom.

Ever since he was with the Clippers.

:shrug:

Big Quett
09-15-2008, 08:51 AM
is it just me, or would he fit in REALLY WELL with the suns. hes a big man that can run, shoot a little, and rebound. sounds good to me.

Now that i can agree with. I think he would be an allstar with the suns. I dont like the lakers but i like Odom and im friends with a lot of lakers fans and they bash him at every moment. Its not like they dnt like him its just that he frustrates them all the time. They pull thier hair out when he plays. It just seems like every few games he makes a mind boggling or bonehead play.

JJ81
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
I call him Scrotum Odom.

That's what I call your mother:clap:

Lone Maverick
09-15-2008, 07:40 PM
I was never really into him but he has a good game. To me his entire career has been him choosing to be good instead of being great. A real shame imo. I don't know if there is a team he couldn't help though.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-15-2008, 08:23 PM
i think if the cavs got him they would be the most serious they have been at a title EVER

G-Funk
09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Full of talent, just not smart enought to understand the triangle offense, it seems like players from NY have a 6 grader IQ.

Maurbery: Dumb
Smush: Idiot
Artest: Idiot
Odom: Dumb
Telfair: Dumb

hdxstunts1
09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I hate Odam he is more overrated then Bynum. Wait i wouldn't go that far but he still isnt as good as you lakers fans make him out to be. He could play SF and PF but i wouldnt want him for my team!

RocketsRule
09-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Odom is one of those rare SF/PF that are hard to come by. He is a great rebounder and has the ball handling of a guard. He has a pretty good jump shot, especially for a big man. Not to mention he is a great passer as well.

The main problem with Odom, however, is his IQ. He isn't the most intelligent player, which allows him to take arrant shots and decisions. If he can make smarter decisions, then he can be one heck of a player.

knicks1214
09-15-2008, 08:46 PM
How can you say he is overrated? He has never made the all star game once in his career, but has been a 15 and 9 guy with about 5 assists throughout his entire career? He is a 6'10 point forward...someone who can initiate the offense without trying to look for his shot first. He isn't the smartest player though...I can agree with Rockets on that lol.

Beno7500
09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
He could help my Kings. I think he could help any team. he is versatile, and that comes to use in the NBA. he is a really good player.

Derick713
09-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I wonder if the Lakers will trade Lamar Odom this season just so they can get something in return for him. I don't see how the Lakers can afford Odom when they will have Bryant, Bynum, and Gasol making max money and that's not even factoring in farmar's extension coupled with the bad deals of Walton, Radmanovic, and maybe Vujacic. Take into account that Derek Fisher is getting older and Kobe will soon be out of his prime I wonder if the Lakers will address the backcourt by dangling Odom for picks and players.

Afridi786
09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
He's one of the best players ever!!!!!!!!!! Ur a hater if ya dont agree!!!!

BRADfromOZ
09-15-2008, 09:12 PM
There isn't an NBA team that wouldn't benefit from having Lamar Odom on their playing roster. We'll take him at Houston.

nalej85
09-16-2008, 05:15 AM
When odom is playing the 3 position, he is a good triple double waiting to happen. I hate the fact Odom has been forced to play power forward the past few seasons. He has the smoothest ball handling skills for his size and is so unselfish; sometimes I wonder if he might be a better fit playing PG. I seem to remember another 6'10- 6'11 Lakers point guard who ended up with a few rings and hall of fame career. I forget his name though. :p

futureman
09-16-2008, 10:15 AM
He can play well when motivated and he is a suprisingly decent defender

G-Funk
09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
He's one of the best players ever!!!!!!!!!! Ur a hater if ya dont agree!!!!

how much thought did you put into this post??? lol

MTar786
09-17-2008, 05:57 AM
When odom is playing the 3 position, he is a good triple double waiting to happen. I hate the fact Odom has been forced to play power forward the past few seasons. He has the smoothest ball handling skills for his size and is so unselfish; sometimes I wonder if he might be a better fit playing PG. I seem to remember another 6'10- 6'11 Lakers point guard who ended up with a few rings and hall of fame career. I forget his name though. :p

magic was 6'9 but i know wat ur trying to say.. i love odom.. he got skills for sure.. n i think he can play the point too.. but for some reason me.. and a lot of other laker fans just get scared or we bite our nails when odoms dribbling.. maybe he lost credibility iduno.. but i know one thing.. odom has game we like him here.. but there should be a rule where he's taken out of the game when the game is on the line.. then we're all set..
oh btw.. IF we trade odom id only do it for marion or artest... no other sf

Lkrboy08
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
He just dosent like the spot light on him period...his just one of those players that wants the back sit, im not saying his a bad player no his great when his feelin it. As it was mentioned eailer in this thread his a triple-double treat EVERY game he plays. the thread i started talks about the latest Odom news, about him going to the bench, starting Ariza etc... this would be great for the team overall and may bring the City of L.A another championship...he just needs to be mentally comfortable with his roll on the team.

BkOriginalOne
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Odom is indeed a talent and can play the 3. He has the length to play the 4 against certain teams.
However, I don't think that he is the type of guy the lakers need at the 3.
Everyone can agree the kobe is the closest player to Jordan that we have ever seen. With that, he need's his pippen. A running mate. Someone who can defend and score. Guys I think that would be perfect to play alongside him.

1. Caron Butler... I really think they can do magic together.
2. Shawn Marion (maybe better suited, but caron is younger and kobe needs someone he can kind of mentor)
3. Richard Jefferson
4. Luol Deng
5. Andre Igoudala

Basically, when you look at guys like Odom. You see the same problems with guys like Antwan Jamison. Huge talents who fall somewhere between the 3-4. Tough for guys to really win champs like this. Because the other teams coaches always find ways to exploit them. We've seen Mike Brown do it jamison, and we saw Doc Rivers get Odom into foul trouble early in the finals.

Odom can still help a lot of clubs out as he provides alot of filller on the stat sheet.
1. Odom for Ak47
2. Odom to phoenix
3. Odom is a good fit for the warriors. Don nelson is a master of rotations.
4. Clippers
5. Portland could use the help/leadership
6. Kings could use him
7. He would make the raptors huge. (as in height guys)

Honestly, though. I think that since Odom is such an irregular player. He could be a really good sixth man. He can come in and force teams to change their lineups. Maybe even more valuable as a guy who comes of the pine but still gets 30mins per contest.

Hawkeye15
09-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Odom is a very good player. He has never been consistent, but he goes through spells where he is a machine. He had a bad finals, and could stand to be tougher, but he would help any team.

Teeboy1487
09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry Im a laker fan and I say odom is a very good player when he is not in foul trouble. He is a inconsistent scorer but a very consistent rebounder. I think the lakers would be fools to trade him. They should trade walton and radmanovic first.

SensandRaps
09-26-2008, 03:00 PM
i think if the cavs got him they would be the most serious they have been at a title EVER

homerism to a new level