PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley looking for a new agent

AirJordanXVIII
09-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Sources: Beasley looking for new agent

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 2 hours, 12 minutes ago

fter dismissing his agent and separating with his longtime AAU coach and advisor, Miami Heat rookie Michael Beasley is suddenly the subject of a feeding frenzy of powerbroker agents trying to represent him, multiple NBA and NCAA sources said.

When reached by text message Saturday, agent Joel Bell didn’t deny that Beasley, the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, had fired him, saying only, “I don’t have a comment at this time.”

Several top agents – including Aaron Goodwin and Andy Miller – are trying to fill the vacuum left behind by Bell and Beasley’s advisor, D.C. Assault director Curtis Malone. Players Association rules forbid Beasley from hiring a new agent until 15 days from the day he files paperwork firing Bell.

Sources say that Malone sensed Beasley’s unhappiness with Bell and had recent overtures with other agents about becoming the player’s agent. This way, Malone could position himself to survive the purge of Bell and still stay close to the former Kansas State power forward.

Beasley wanted bigger and better endorsement deals than Bell delivered him, sources said. Those may have been unrealistic expectations given Beasley’s poor public image, but that was apparently part of Beasley’s thinking in letting Bell go. For now, the bigger shock to those in the basketball community is this: Malone is out, too.

“Michael had a falling out with both of them – Bell and Malone,” said a source close to Malone. “He’s out on his own now.”

Malone didn’t return a call and text message from Yahoo! Sports.

Goodwin has the advantage of representing a childhood friend of Beasley, the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant. Several sources believe the relationship between the two players’ mothers will sway Beasley to Goodwin.

Several rival agents believe the dogged Miller – who represents Kevin Garnett and Chauncey Billups – has become a factor in securing in the recruitment of Beasley. Yet, in a text message to Yahoo! Sports on Saturday, Miller insisted that wasn’t so.

“Mike is a terrific talent,” Miller said. “Despite rampant and unsubstantiated rumors, I have not had any dialogue with him, his mother or any person associated with him.”

Bell is an agent based in the Washington, D.C., area with close ties to Malone. Rival agents had largely given up trying to recruit Beasley as a freshman at Kansas State because they believed the power forward was destined to be represented by Bell.

Yet, there had been industry whispers for several weeks that Beasley’s partnership with Bell had grown wobbly. Another projected first-round pick, Texas A&M center DeAndre Jordan, left Bell after dropping to the second round in the June draft. Jordan has signed with Bob Myers and Greg Lawrence of Arn Tellem’s Wasserman Media Group.

Most likely, Beasley would’ve been the No. 1 pick in the draft if there weren’t so many doubts about his maturity and character. Before the June draft, those questions made teams uneasy. Even the Heat considered drafting Beasley just to trade him for a package of players and picks. Whatever the case, once again, there is unrest in the life of Michael Beasley.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkTJg5lCU8bIcuKaO88AkeS8vLYF?slug=aw-beasleyagent091308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

PhxGiant
09-14-2008, 12:56 AM
I didn't realize he had such an ego problem. Crying over endorsement deals? I guarentee there are millions of young players that would be happy to just make it to the league.

S.J.Basketball
09-14-2008, 01:10 AM
I didn't realize he had such an ego problem. Crying over endorsement deals? I guarentee there are millions of young players that would be happy to just make it to the league.

That's what I'm saying. Does he expect to get exposure and endorsement deals like Lebron James did when he first entered the league or something?

The guy has everything to prove, but I can't judge too harshly. I can't base my opinion on him just by this article. Maybe there were other things going through his head and we just don't know about it. He is just a kid after all, but you would figure basketball would be the most important thing on his mind and not some shoe deal or something like that. Ahh well.

PhxGiant
09-14-2008, 01:16 AM
That's what I'm saying. Does he expect to get exposure and endorsement deals like Lebron James did when he first entered the league or something?

The guy has everything to prove, but I can't judge too harshly. I can't base my opinion on him just by this article. Maybe there were other things going through his head and we just don't know about it. He is just a kid after all, but you would figure basketball would be the most important thing on his mind and not some shoe deal or something like that. Ahh well.

Well put.

HiphopRelated
09-14-2008, 09:54 AM
oh shut the fukk up

get that paper Beas

BALLER71
09-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Alot of this guys become bankrupt because the NBA didn't go so well for them.
He's trying to get his money, I don't blame him.

bogdanrom
09-14-2008, 10:41 AM
If he expects to get deals like Lebron he is :crazy:. He needs to play some games before he can get bigger deals.

Lebron23
09-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Michael Beasley = Glenn Robinson Jr. :D :D :D

Famous03
09-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Trying to get his money, guys a hustler.

cardinals1226
09-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Another reason why I think Rose was the better pick for Chicago. Beasley is a huge cry baby and always will be. Anyone that watched him play last year, and has half a brain, knows that. I already find it hard for a 6'7 player to succeed in the NBA as a PF. Plus, if he doesn't have a Rookie of the Year season or average about 15/8, all the hype a lot of Heat fans on this site have given him, he will be looked as a bust. Beasley will be good, but not a number 2 pick good. Bust for his position, good player for the draft class.

Famous03
09-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Bro, every Player that has All-Star talent, will do this, TRUST me you would too, everyone wants to get there money.

Famous03
09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Another reason why I think Rose was the better pick for Chicago. Beasley is a huge cry baby and always will be. Anyone that watched him play last year, and has half a brain, knows that. I already find it hard for a 6'7 player to succeed in the NBA as a PF. Plus, if he doesn't have a Rookie of the Year season or average about 15/8, all the hype a lot of Heat fans on this site have given him, he will be looked as a bust. Beasley will be good, but not a number 2 pick good. Bust for his position, good player for the draft class.

Bro you dont get called, Talent that comes onces every 10 years, like lebron was for no reason...... I dont see Beasley or Rose being bust at all, but i really think that rose has more of a chance to be a bust then beasley. Hes 6"8 by the way, and last time i checked players dont play without there shoes.

cardinals1226
09-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Bro you dont get called, Talent that comes onces every 10 years, like lebron was for no reason...... I dont see Beasley or Rose being bust at all, but i really think that rose has more of a chance to be a bust then beasley. Hes 6"8 by the way, and last time i checked players dont play without there shoes.

Wasn't he called the next 6'11 bigman in the NBA? 6'8 doesn't help when you are a PF matched up against Dirk, Gasol, Bynum, Bosh, Howard, West. He is incredibly undersized and it will show when he is pushed around like a rag doll. You can push around weaker competition when the teams you play is a cupcake schedule, but not in the NBA where players are much bigger and stronger than him.

HiphopRelated
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Wasn't he called the next 6'11 bigman in the NBA? 6'8 doesn't help when you are a PF matched up against Dirk, Gasol, Bynum, Bosh, Howard, West. He is incredibly undersized and it will show when he is pushed around like a rag doll. You can push around weaker competition when the teams you play is a cupcake schedule, but not in the NBA where players are much bigger and stronger than him.
6'8" and the same standing reach as Al Horford

measured out 240lbs @ predraft camp.

He has the frame to put on more muscle and could still grow another inch.

just stop

Famous03
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM

The Funny thing, is that Howard and Bynum are Centers not PF( your first mistake.), 2nd of all, Dirk was shut down in the Finals by a 6"6 Sf called Posey,(your 2nd mistake) Bosh is a tall skinny PF that relies on his mild-range game alot more then post up(3rd mistake). Gasol Might? But then again beasley has a 7"2 Arm length, And has more Muscle mass then Gasol does as well. So no dont see any PF giving him problems(your 4th mistake.) Only ones i see Giving him Problems is either K.G or Duncan. But then again is duncan or KG really willing to guard Beasley all the way at the 3pt. line??????? And if they do step up to the 3pt. Line i see him blowing by Duncan or KG with his Quickness without a problem. But hey what do i know im just a kid.

Famous03
09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Now the Good things about Rose are that, Hes a BIG PG, very physical on both sides of the floor, can score on ANY PG in this league, just because of his bigness. I do think he has a pretty good Jump shot. And we all know hes a good slasher. I dont think hes as good as a passer as people think he is, the only good pass i ever saw him do was a no look pass that he gave to dosey, that espn replayed like 100 times during the draft. And again, the pg is the hardest postion to play in the nba. Which is why i see beasley being a better overall player then rose.

Famous03
09-14-2008, 12:17 PM

The Funny thing, is that Howard and Bynum are Centers not PF( your first mistake.), 2nd of all, Dirk was shut down in the Finals by a 6"6 Sf called Posey,(your 2nd mistake) Bosh is a tall skinny PF that relies on his mild-range game alot more then post up(3rd mistake). Gasol Might? But then again beasley has a 7"2 Arm length, And has more Muscle mass then Gasol does as well. So no dont see any PF giving him problems(your 4th mistake.) Only ones i see Giving him Problems is either K.G or Duncan. But then again is duncan or KG really willing to guard Beasley all the way at the 3pt. line??????? And if they do step up to the 3pt. Line i see him blowing by Duncan or KG with his Quickness without a problem. But hey what do i know im just a kid.

Owned.

_Sn1P3r_
09-14-2008, 01:18 PM

Great post.

NastyRud
09-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Why are some people bashing Beasley for firing his agent? Don't you think that maybe his agent promised certain endosement deals when he gave Beasley his pitch and didn't come through with them? It's very common for agents to tell these kids that I can get you this and that. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. And if they don't then you fire them and get someone who can.

HiphopRelated
09-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Why are some people bashing Beasley for firing his agent? Don't you think that maybe his agent promised certain endosement deals when he gave Beasley his pitch and didn't come through with them? It's very common for agents to tell these kids that I can get you this and that. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. And if they don't then you fire them and get someone who can.
basically, this is what happens in the offseason...non stories become front page material

MiamiHeat
09-14-2008, 04:07 PM
I would do the same *****
trying to secure his future, when his old and retired he will live happily
can't blame the guy trying to get his money

SwaggaIke
09-14-2008, 05:38 PM
When Beasley has to start rebounding, shooting and blocking shots w/ his head, then i'll be worried. 6'8 w/ a 7 foot wingspan and 7+ foot standing reach? Yea, he'll be aight.