PDA

View Full Version : andrea bargnani

kswissdaf
09-13-2008, 09:14 PM
just wonder y n body talks about this guy being 1 of the biggest busts ever in the nba. sure he can up in one of the weakest draft ever he was the number 1 pick. he avearged 6 point and basically no rebounds or assits this guy is ****.ur opinons

Nighthawk
09-13-2008, 09:21 PM
I wont go an say bust just yet to be honest. Hes still young. Hes a big who can stroke it and stroke it good all the way to the 3. If he can become more physical and aggressive and develop a decent postup game i think he has a big chance to succeed. I think hes a solid player and will get better. Time will tell. Raptors now have Bosh and J.O so theres an opportunity for him to get some touches and looks. I'll def be interested to see how his game is this season.

Spurred1
09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I think the topic has been discussed thoroughly on the Raptors forum,actually.

*Superman*
09-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Who else was picked in that draft, i forgot.

$ NyC $
09-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Actually, if anything his oppurtunies will go down w'Bosh and O'neal. They'll prob give him time at sf and backup PF. So far he's a decent player but not a #1 pick. He has a nice stroke but isn't physical or quick enough. I agree that if he develops a solid post game he could be a solid player. I think he still has time 2 become a 20 ppg scorer 4 sure. Tops he will prob. be a poor mans Dirk.

superkegger
09-13-2008, 09:29 PM
this is what his 3rd year? Its too early to call someone a bust yet.

jgonboricua
09-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Who else was picked in that draft, i forgot.

b-roy, aldridge, ty thomas, adam morrison,

*Superman*
09-13-2008, 09:39 PM

Now looking at that i would have picked them two over him.

$ NyC $
09-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Morrison you could tell is gonna be a bust 2. He was great in college though.

amare#1
09-13-2008, 09:48 PM
I wont go an say bust just yet to be honest. Hes still young. Hes a big who can stroke it and stroke it good all the way to the 3. If he can become more physical and aggressive and develop a decent postup game i think he has a big chance to succeed. I think hes a solid player and will get better. Time will tell. Raptors now have Bosh and J.O so theres an opportunity for him to get some touches and looks. I'll def be interested to see how his game is this season.

I agree, the kids got some potential.

NastyRud
09-13-2008, 09:51 PM
just wonder y n body talks about this guy being 1 of the biggest busts ever in the nba. sure he can up in one of the weakest draft ever he was the number 1 pick. he avearged 6 point and basically no rebounds or assits this guy is ****.ur opinons

Hey, we'll trade BG7 for him.

ShaunRiching9
09-13-2008, 09:54 PM

and rudy gay

but i would not call him a bust quite yet bcuz he is young but if he puts up crappy numbers this year the i will call him a bust

Knowledge
09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I think Bargnani could be good in the right system. I dont know what style of play Toronto uses, but Bargnani would probably do well with a coach like Mike D'Antoni in New York. Maybe he is just one of those players who develop late, I still want to give im more time.

Dol-Fan
09-13-2008, 10:10 PM

dude do some research and attempt to spell a word correctly, come on now this is a message board not a chat line. This is for intelligent sports discussion. Don't say he averaged 6 points he averaged 10, horrible shooting % but he still has a nice release. He averaged almost 4 boards which is terrible but not "basically none". He is also a very gifted passer but hasn't been able to put it together.

He still has potential but doesn't seem to have the right head on his shoulders, i think he'll always be a streaky bench player capable of putting up 25-5 on any given night but only does it once every 4-5 games.

BTW, Aldridge would have been a bad pick (too similar to Bosh), Gay was a bit of a question mark (project player, like Bargs), and Roy wasn't really considered at the TOP of the draft. Too bad BC didn't see what he was going to become.

29$JerZ
09-13-2008, 10:15 PM
He was drafted based on potential, not on immediate impact.

The fact that he was taken over Brandon Roy,LaMarcus Aldridge,Rudy Gay could be argued.

Lebron23
09-13-2008, 10:33 PM
One of the weakest draft in the history of the NBA, and Bargnani is a great offensive player, but his defense is a big question mark, and Daniel Gibson is a better rebounder than him. :D :D :D

AllTheWay
09-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20

AllTheWay
09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
He was drafted based on potential, not on immediate impact.

The fact that he was taken over Brandon Roy,LaMarcus Aldridge,Rudy Gay could be argued.

And Lupe Fiasco is sooo overrated, Its ridiculous

hdxstunts1
09-13-2008, 11:28 PM
I agree he is one of the biggest busts ever. I almost forgot who he was but i looked him up and remembered, thats how bad it is! Sorry Raptors fans imagine if you just would've taken Aldridge, Thomas, Roy, hell Thomas Gardner was averaging like 6pts for the bulls and he wasnt even drafted!

heyman321
09-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Damn it, BC came to Toronto one year too early. Or else we could have got Oden :P Bargnani IMO will always be a bench player, put up 10-4 at best. The future is still around Bosh.

GCOOKIE7
09-14-2008, 12:07 AM
well we've seen glimpses of what he can do.... he has had games where we thought he could be better than bosh. I think he has the skills he just has to show it more often

bogdanrom
09-14-2008, 12:16 AM
He has the skills to be at least a decent starter, but I think he lacks motivation. And he doesn't have the killer instinct too.

Dol-Fan
09-14-2008, 12:28 AM
I agree he is one of the biggest busts ever. I almost forgot who he was but i looked him up and remembered, thats how bad it is! Sorry Raptors fans imagine if you just would've taken Aldridge, Thomas, Roy, hell Thomas Gardner was averaging like 6pts for the bulls and he wasnt even drafted!

to the OP, I think you looked at his PLAYOFFS stats against Orlando, good job doing an in-depth search ;)

no offense man, but I think you need to watch a few more games than what you have. Aldridge would be redundant with Bosh, Thomas hasn't done anything more than Bargs and who the hell is Thomas Gardner? At least mention Rudy Gay and Brandon Roy in your argument...

I'm awful at reformatting and things like that, so I'll just provide a link to Bargnani's game-by-game stats from this year. Insanely inconsistant, but plenty of 20+ point games. Also many stretches where he'll go 10+ games without scoring 10+ points.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrea_bargnani/game_by_game_stats.html

I agree with whoever said he lacks the intensity and desire, quite likely why he is so inconsistant because he is a very talented young man.

JermanJaysFan
09-14-2008, 12:34 AM
He has the skills to be at least a decent starter, but I think he lacks motivation. And he doesn't have the killer instinct too.

I disagree. He definitely was missing the instinct for most of last season, but he certainly does possess it. He had it in Europe, in his rookie season, and for flashes of last season too.

rapswin98
09-14-2008, 12:50 PM
One of the weakest draft in the history of the NBA, and Bargnani is a great offensive player, but his defense is a big question mark, and Daniel Gibson is a better rebounder than him. :D :D :Di think calderon averaged more rebounds than him. bargs better have a great season or else colangelo should trade, i think he's going to be an average player at best imo

zamudio_jorge
09-14-2008, 01:10 PM
he is just a bench player jut put to play when bosh or oneal need rest and he cant hit some 3s or something

Famous03
09-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah Raptors should of taken Bandon Roy, wow what would of happened if they would of......

Pg Jose/solomon
Sg Roy/parker
Sf Moon/Kapono
Pf Bosh/Humphries
C O'Neal/Jawai

Wow thats a championship lineup, even if o'neal isnt 100%

Nexus
09-14-2008, 02:06 PM
No top three teams in that draft or "experts" were thinking Roy in the top 3. Aldridge, yeah, but his potential skill set looked too similar to Bosh's.

Bargs' numbers last year don't tell the full tale. If you look at his game-by-game numbers you'll see stats like 4, 2, 18, 0, 8, 22, 5 for points and corresponding minutes. Sam Mitchell's priorities are 1) Defense 2) Helping players realize their potential. If Bargs was not playing good enough defense or jacking up too many ill-advised shots, he'd be perma-benched mid way through the second quarter. This does wonders for a #1 pick who's main problem is CONFIDENCE. On the nights where Mitchell would keep him in, he'd show flashes of Dirk. Lethal shot, even from downtown, a Usain Bolt-like first step on drives to the basket (with highlight reel finishes), and a man who's in position and quick on defense.

Confidence and coaching are Barg's main problems. Put him on a bottom feeding team where the coach would have to play him 25+ minutes EVERY game and my estimation is that his confidence would be far higher right now. What does that mean? It means people would be saying, "who's that young European guy getting 15/8 already?"

dougie5627
09-14-2008, 02:58 PM
let the kid get some real minutes, dirk got no credit cus his first few seasons his rebound stats were low, i would take a chance on him. how can you gain confidence if you getting called a bust already only within 3 season. with his scoring ability and shooting touch he will keep progressing as he learns the game and adapts to nba style of play.

RoyalG333
09-14-2008, 03:00 PM
if he shows nothing in the next season or two...definitely a bust. But at least he has some offensive ability. I still think Kwame Brown is worse as a #1 pick.

Honest Truth
09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
No top three teams in that draft or "experts" were thinking Roy in the top 3. Aldridge, yeah, but his potential skill set looked too similar to Bosh's.

Bargs' numbers last year don't tell the full tale. If you look at his game-by-game numbers you'll see stats like 4, 2, 18, 0, 8, 22, 5 for points and corresponding minutes. Sam Mitchell's priorities are 1) Defense 2) Helping players realize their potential. If Bargs was not playing good enough defense or jacking up too many ill-advised shots, he'd be perma-benched mid way through the second quarter. This does wonders for a #1 pick who's main problem is CONFIDENCE. On the nights where Mitchell would keep him in, he'd show flashes of Dirk. Lethal shot, even from downtown, a Usain Bolt-like first step on drives to the basket (with highlight reel finishes), and a man who's in position and quick on defense.

Confidence and coaching are Barg's main problems. Put him on a bottom feeding team where the coach would have to play him 25+ minutes EVERY game and my estimation is that his confidence would be far higher right now. What does that mean? It means people would be saying, "who's that young European guy getting 15/8 already?"

Slightly exagerating with your use of "lethal" and "Usain Bolt-like" but I agree. His inconsistant minutes definately affected his performance and stats. I think after this season you can start being justified in calling him a bust but if the Raptors ever give up on him, I have a feeling they will learn to regret it as he is still learning and there is plenty of evidence in his game to show that.

bogdanrom
09-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I disagree. He definitely was missing the instinct for most of last season, but he certainly does possess it. He had it in Europe, in his rookie season, and for flashes of last season too.

Well there's no such thing as having a killer instinct and not using it. Maybe it was just a sophomore slump. He was so good in Europe. I think he needs to let go and just be himself.

BullsNumber1Fan
09-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Hopefully Andrea Bargnani and Tyrus Thomas both have breakout seasons(around 15+ ppg, 8+ rpg) to show everyone wrong and to show they were the right picks.

oshea225
09-14-2008, 04:50 PM
10 pts 3.7 boards 1 assist? obviously nothing spectacular, but for a foreign, 2nd year player stuck behind some better players (bosh, moon, ford, calderon,etc) i wouldnt begin calling him a bust. yet anyway.

CB4AB7VC15
09-14-2008, 09:18 PM
beasley that 6 4" power forward is a bust
LOL
he seems shook when hes on the court sometimes but give him a coulpe of years he's still young. Hes been training with lebron and melos trainers out in vegas so i'm sure they ( the professionals) see something the average fan doesn't.

Famous03
09-14-2008, 09:25 PM
beasley that 6 4" power forward is a bust
LOL
he seems shook when hes on the court sometimes but give him a coulpe of years he's still young. Hes been training with lebron and melos trainers out in vegas so i'm sure they ( the professionals) see something the average fan doesn't.

1st-You do know that, those professional trainers that your talking about dont train players for free right???? Im pretty sure that if i were to pay them a million dollars they would train me no matter how bad i am. I could be the worst player in the world as long as they get paid there going to train even those 7 foot bust.

2nd- wow cant you count hes 6"8.

CB4AB7VC15
09-14-2008, 09:41 PM
ya on high heels hes 6 8"

05-06 LAL 46 0 7.3 0.402 0.000 0.296 0.7 1.0 1.7 0.2 0.1 0.5 0.37 1.20 1.6
06-07 LAL 82 53 21.9 0.558 0.000 0.668 1.7 4.2 5.9 1.1 0.2 1.6 1.40 3.0 7.8
07-08 LAL 35 25 28.8 0.636 0.000 0.695 3.0 7.2 10.2 1.7 0.3 2.1 1.49 2.80 13.1

Look at bynums first two seasons in the league. Now hes considered the next big thing.
P.S. beasley is on crack LOL that migit. scary front court 6 6" haslem and
5 11' beasley hahahahaha.

$ NyC $
09-14-2008, 09:43 PM
He still has time 2 show what he's got. Prob. only has 2 more seasons. If he doesn't show why he was picked #1, I'm sorry, you are now considered one of the biggest busts.

Goon.Weezy
09-14-2008, 10:59 PM
he needs time

oshea225
09-15-2008, 10:20 AM
ya on high heels hes 6 8"

05-06 LAL 46 0 7.3 0.402 0.000 0.296 0.7 1.0 1.7 0.2 0.1 0.5 0.37 1.20 1.6
06-07 LAL 82 53 21.9 0.558 0.000 0.668 1.7 4.2 5.9 1.1 0.2 1.6 1.40 3.0 7.8
07-08 LAL 35 25 28.8 0.636 0.000 0.695 3.0 7.2 10.2 1.7 0.3 2.1 1.49 2.80 13.1

Look at bynums first two seasons in the league. Now hes considered the next big thing.
P.S. beasley is on crack LOL that migit. scary front court 6 6" haslem and
5 11' beasley hahahahaha.

lmao yeah the very same 5'11'' beasley who led the country in rebounding, 4th in scoring, first team all american. did i mention he was a freshman? yeah seems like a definite bust to me

_Sn1P3r_
09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Well there's no such thing as having a killer instinct and not using it. Maybe it was just a sophomore slump. He was so good in Europe. I think he needs to let go and just be himself.

I agree. He looked so good in Europe but it's a whole different ball game in the NBA.

torontosports10
09-15-2008, 11:04 AM
1. he is not a bust yet he is still a project, we didnt think he was gonna be a star right away he needs time to adjust.

2. i still think bargs is gonna be our c of the future he justs needs time to improve his defense. he went to camps this summer and JO is working with him he said.

3.ppl taken after him were not so good either

Aldridge is good but too muh like bosh
morrison is worse
T.T hasnt proven ****

i rather have and Gay and Roy over him but noone else taken in the draft.

pimpunleashed
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
i agree wit the guy that posted this but when u put stats up make sure u know wat ur talking about the 6ppg and almost no assist and reb were his playoff numbers he got 10.2ppg & 3.7rbg wow lol

Seventh King
09-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Gotta give him at least 1-2 more years. "Bust" is a term that gets thrown around around way to prematurely on these posts. If anything, the term ought to remind us of the female anatomy. . . .not some foreign or underaged player taken that needs time to develop.

CB4AB7VC15
09-15-2008, 07:03 PM
lmao yeah the very same 5'11'' beasley who led the country in rebounding, 4th in scoring, first team all american. did i mention he was a freshman? yeah seems like a definite bust to me

adam morrison, jj reddick, sheldon williams and many more so what.
I'm not saying hes a bust it was a joke.

Beno7500
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
A very bad pick IMO

knowledgeGOD
09-16-2008, 04:06 PM
i think that he's gona be a sold 6th man for the raps since he has less pressure for him coming off the bench. and i've heard on FAN590 that collangelo said that hes been working out with J.O in vegas. Im not gonna lie i'd rather have rudy gay or brandon roy instead of bargs but the raps are just gonna have to deal with what they have right now.

NYKnickFanatic
09-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Raptors Starting Lineup:

Calderon
Kapono
Bargnani
Bosh
O'Neal

knowledgeGOD
09-16-2008, 04:22 PM
raps are gonna have moon as a starting SF

USA10
09-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Well Andrea Bargnani(Ya that draft was just a Okay draft, a draft base off finding good stars and busts.)
Personally my feeling is that having a solid 6 points anybody can use that in the league. But sadly He`s a Good Player but will still have time to remove that label but Base off his Game he will Be consider a Bust

Dol-Fan
09-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Raptors Starting Lineup:

Calderon
Kapono
Bargnani
Bosh
O'Neal

Huge, but no defense even with O'Neal.

Kc17.
09-17-2008, 05:39 AM
To say he's a bust this early in his Career is ********..
He's just very inconsistent at a young age.

He has huge games,then he comes back with 5 point games..Just an inconsistent player.He has been working out all summer and he's supposedly gotten buff.

I could legitimately see 13ppg and 6.5 rpg this year off the bench..which would be good.

$ NyC $
09-17-2008, 06:40 AM
i read something the other day saying that he still isn't use 2 the game in the NBA because in Europe they teach their players to jump off the wrong foot to avoid traveling. So Bargnani is still trying to delete something he's been doing 4 years and learn 2 jump off the right foot.

Mave1002
09-17-2008, 06:58 AM
YES, i agree that its too early to say that hes a bust. (remember dirk's early years in Dallas? or even Okur stint with Detroit.) and well he's probably in the wrong team. pair him up with a superstar point guard (again, like the nowitzki-nash combo) and im sure hed deliver pretty well. Patience.

torontosports10
09-17-2008, 07:16 AM
The biggest thing that pissed me off was that was the year we couldnt draft high schoolers anymore.. we would have had Oden if that rule didnt get switched..

Then we could have traded TJ for G-Force this off-season (was widely considered befroe the draft)

Jose
AP
G-Force
Bosh
Oden

:drool:

babyshaq87
09-17-2008, 07:19 AM
i'm from italy and i've seen andrea playing here for the entire year before he came to the nba..
1)HE IS NOT A CENTER!! i don't understand why mitchell doesn't understand his game.. he can't play center, he must play at PF.. he will have his best numbers this year with JO playing near the basket.. andrea can't defend bigger guys at low post and can't attack near the basket.. he is more atlethic than most of the big guys in the nba so he must play with speed, he can face d.howard under the basket..
2) even in italy he was not a great rebounder.. he can't be a rebounding-machine.. he became famous for his speed, athleticism and shoot-range.. he comes to the nba and what!?!? has a coach who wants him not to run and to play near the basket like a shaq-type of center..
3)he is not phisically ready yet.. how is that possible? in two years nobody has been able to work with him just to develop his body? can you imagine him with 10-15 pound of muscle added? he would have enough muscle to fight in the paint and anyway he wouldn't loose his shooting-range.. i thin mitchell didn't want him drafter and he has no interest to develop his game just because he doesn't want him..

IMO the answer would be easy.. i'd FIRE sam mitchell.. i don't like him at all... see how the ford-calderon thing has been managed.. calderon had a great year and the only thing mitchell did was to put ford back as the starting PG.. i think we are lucky our GM traded ford because mitchell would have had him as starting PG once again!! look at kapono.. one of the best shooter in the nba and with mitchell he lost the confidence.. with miami he took his shoots and he played with d.wade, walker, posey and the last great shaq.. and now he can't take his shoots while playing with moon, graham and someone like those?

PLEASE MAURIZIO AND BRYAN.. FIRE SAM MITCHELL

NYKnickFanatic
09-17-2008, 09:26 AM
Huge, but no defense even with O'Neal.

Who needs defense, when you can outscore everyone. ;)

NYKnickFanatic
09-17-2008, 09:29 AM
The biggest thing that pissed me off was that was the year we couldnt draft high schoolers anymore.. we would have had Oden if that rule didnt get switched..

Then we could have traded TJ for G-Force this off-season (was widely considered befroe the draft)

Jose
AP
G-Force
Bosh
Oden

:drool:

Im sorry, but who the hell is "G-Force"?? :confused:

cubulls
09-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Im sorry, but who the hell is "G-Force"?? :confused:

Gerald Wallace

NYKnickFanatic
09-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Gerald Wallace

They call Gerald Wallace, G-Force?

Sheet. I never knew that.

:hide:

knowledgeGOD
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
yeah gerald wallace would of been a good trade for our team but then there was a better offer with indiana.. collangelo said something about that too

mikeybears
09-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Who needs defense, when you can outscore everyone. ;)

what little boy are you kidding me you know **** about sports

ramansingh3
09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Too ealry to judge, but I remember people raving about him after his rookie year. Plus theirs something called the sophomore slump in sports.