PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for next 10 years! See how your team does!

hdxstunts1
09-13-2008, 06:39 PM
In 10 years:
160 teams can be in the playoffs(16*10)
10 can be champions
what will happen?

-Eastern (80 possible playoff appearences)
Toronto Raptors (I see in playoffs 5 of next 10 years and winning 0 championships.)
New York Knicks (I see in 1 of next 10 winning 0.)
New Jersey Nets (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.)
Philadelphia Sixers (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 1.)
Boston Celtics (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 1.)
Cleveland Cavaliers (I see in 8 of next 10 winning 1.)
Milwaukee Bucks (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.)
Detroit Pistons (I see in 7 of next 10 winning 0.)
Chicago Bulls (I see in 7 of next 10 winning 1.)
Indiana Pacers (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Orlando Magic (I see in 9 of next 10 winning 1.)
Atlanta Hawks (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 0.)
Miami Heat (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Charlotte Bobcats (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.)
Washington Wizards (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.)

-Western (80 possible playoff appearences)
Golden State Warriors (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 0.)
Sacramento Kings (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.)
Los Angeles Clippers (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Phoenix Suns (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 1.)
Los Angeles Lakers ( I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.)
New Orleans Hornets (I see in 9 of next 10 winning 2.)
Memphis Grizzlies (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Houston Rockets (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
San Antonio Spurs (I see in 7 of next 10 winning 0.)
Dallas Mavericks (I see in 2 of next 10 winning 0.)
Portland Blazers (I see in 8 of next 10 winning 1.)
Oklahoma City Thunder (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.)
Denver Nuggets (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.)
Minnesota Timberwolves (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Utah Jazz (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 1.)

-Each Conference takes 5 chamiponships!

*Warnings*
(If you want me to tell you why i picked who for what just ask.)
(These are predictions i have made i do it every year based on what they did the year before and what they draft. Then predrict season by season on who would be drafted and who would likely be traded and retired.)

ARMIN12NBA
09-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Why do you see the Lakers making the playoffs only 5 times out of 10 and winning 0 championships while you have the Suns winning more ships and the Bulls making the playoffs more?

:confused: That much hate is too much for one team especially when they have done you no wrong.

Beno7500
09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Yea, Kings making it 6 times. I belive it.

But the lakers will probably win one in the nest 10 years.

hdxstunts1
09-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Why do you see the Lakers making the playoffs only 5 times out of 10 and winning 0 championships while you have the Suns winning more ships and the Bulls making the playoffs more?

:confused: That much hate is too much for one team especially when they have done you no wrong.

Its not hate of the team its that i see Lakers not winning in the next three years so i see Kobe either leabving or retiring, Gasol leaving, Odem leaving and retiring so they will be carried by who Andrew Bynum? He cant do it all alone!

Bulls have a very young core and lots of expiring for 2010. Many free-agents of that year like the newly aquired Rose. Hughes will be gone, Gooden gone, and Gordon should be gone by then. That gives them alot of money to shop for needs like A C and eventually a Starting 2 guard.

Suns i have winning one in next 2 years because Hill and O'Neal(Who i dont like either of then) will demand one before they retire, after that i see them losing mayn to retirement O'Neal, HIll, Nash, and Stoudamire in free-agency. I see them rebuilding and having a young decent like 7-8seed western conf team.

ARMIN12NBA
09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Its not hate of the team its that i see Lakers not winning in the next three years so i see Kobe either leabving or retiring, Gasol leaving, Odem leaving and retiring so they will be carried by who Andrew Bynum? He cant do it all alone!

Bulls have a very young core and lots of expiring for 2010. Many free-agents of that year like the newly aquired Rose. Hughes will be gone, Gooden gone, and Gordon should be gone by then. That gives them alot of money to shop for needs like A C and eventually a Starting 2 guard.

Suns i have winning one in next 2 years because Hill and O'Neal(Who i dont like either of then) will demand one before they retire, after that i see them losing mayn to retirement O'Neal, HIll, Nash, and Stoudamire in free-agency. I see them rebuilding and having a young decent like 7-8seed western conf team.

Kobe is 30. Gasol is 28 and Odom is 28. They aren't retiring. They will definitely win a ship before the Suns do.

BTW--What is up with this explanation? Shaq and Hill will demand one before they retire...Just to you know, they can demand a ship all they want, but they have to work for it.

IndyRealist
09-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Boston, Detriot, Phoenix, and San Antonio are all old teams. They're contenders now but within the next 4 years each of these teams is going to need to start rebuilding. Out of these, San Antonio has the best chance of meeting your expectations (7 of 10/0), as Tony Parker is only 26 and could easily be playing all ten of those years. The Spurs also have a history of making good draft choices and shrewd business decisions to field the best team possible without bankrupting the small market team.

Next comes Phoenix, who's young core is good (Stoudamire, Barbosa, Diaw), but is built around Steve Nash. With his back I expect him to retire within the next three years, forcing Phoenix to cycle through a shortened rebuilding process in which they'll lose at least one of their core players to acquire a slew of role players and/or draft picks (generally how rebuilding works). However, for every genius move the Suns make (Barkley, Nash, Stoudamire), they make a bonehead one (Stephon Marbury, Joe Johnson, maybe Shaq). I think 7 of 10/ 1 championship is rather ambitious for a team on the decline.

Boston will be retiring their big 3 in the next three years, and while they may win another championship (or two), now that they all have one I doubt that they have the motivation to play with the same level of intensity. After another year or two of contending, players will gradually retire and Boston will live off these glory days for the next twenty years.

While still a tough team, Detriot is not in position to contend except by reputation, and they seem unwilling to start the rebuilding process. They rested on their championship, and stayed the same while the rest of the league improved. While they still have some relatively young players and a promising bench presence, they don't seem ready to turn the reins of the team over to the youth anytime soon. If they keep this team together they will make the playoffs the next four years or so, and then rebuild. If they jettison this team soon and trade players off while they still have value, they could hit your projection (7 of 10/0) or better. But I don't see that happening.

rapswin98
09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
the raps will win a championship in less than 5 years mark my words:)

hockeypro68
09-13-2008, 07:52 PM
So you're telling me the only team to win more than one championship in the next 10 years is the Hornets? AND the Lakers winning NONE for the next 10 years, I don't know...

Lakersfan2483
09-13-2008, 08:24 PM
In 10 years:
10 can be champions
what will happen?

Toronto Raptors (I see in playoffs 5 of next 10 years and winning 0 championships.)

*Warnings*
(These are predictions i have made i do it every year based on what they did the year before and what they draft. Then predrict season by season on who would be drafted and who would likely be traded and retired.)

Wow, talk about your favortism for the Eastern Conference, give some arguments for why?? I disagree completely with your picks!!

hdxstunts1
09-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Wow, talk about your favortism for the Eastern Conference, give some arguments for why?? I disagree completely with your picks!!

What do u mean, for who?

Lakersfan2483
09-13-2008, 08:36 PM
What do u mean, for who?

I misread your final sentence. You stated that each conference would win 5 titles apiece.

Lakersfan2483
09-13-2008, 08:39 PM
It's hard to pick which teams will dominate for the next 10 yrs because of free agency, injuries, etc...

Over the next 3 to 5 yrs., the top teams will be:

Lakers, Hornets, Rockets, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, Jazz, and the Blazers

$ NyC $
09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
wow your saying the Knicks are gonna b the worse team 4 10 years? Seriously? only making the playoffs ONCE. Comon its hard 2 suck that badly

superkegger
09-13-2008, 08:50 PM
So for whats its worth, the Lakers have only missed the playoffs 5 times in their history...and their going to miss 6 of the next 10. I don't think so.

iluvsports2much
09-13-2008, 08:51 PM
dude,wtf.you dont know wat your talkin bout...you should stick wit a sport your probably more familiar wit,like golf...

$ NyC $
09-13-2008, 09:18 PM
New York Knicks (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
New Jersey Nets (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.)
Cleveland Cavaliers (I see in 7 of next 10 winning 1.)
Detroit Pistons (I see in 7 of next 10 winning 0.1)
Chicago Bulls (I see in 7 of next 10 winning .)
Orlando Magic (I see in 7 of next 10 winning .)
Atlanta Hawks (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Miami Heat (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 0.)
Charlotte Bobcats (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Washington Wizards (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)

Sacramento Kings (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Phoenix Suns (I see in 6 of next 10 winning .)
Los Angeles Lakers ( I see in 8 of next 10 winning 2.)
New Orleans Hornets (I see in 9 of next 10 winning2.)
Houston Rockets (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 1.)
San Antonio Spurs (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 0.)
Dallas Mavericks (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.)
Portland Blazers (I see in 7 of next 10 winning 1.)
Denver Nuggets (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.)
Utah Jazz (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.)

Lost Art
09-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Yea, Kings making it 6 times. I belive it.

But the lakers will probably win one in the nest 10 years.

The Lakers will probably win 1 in the next 1 or 2 years :eyebrow:

..........and the Lakers have only missed the playoffs 5 times in the history of the franchise............so I'd say you can probably pencil them in for 10 out of 10 playoff appearances..........or at the very least 9 ;)

Antbanks21
09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
hdxstunts1

Do you watch basketball? :no:

JMan17
09-13-2008, 09:51 PM
In 10 years:
10 can be champions
what will happen?

*Warnings*

wow, you're list is really ********. I'm not responding to this crap because just reading this list made me lose 1 IQ point.

fins08
09-13-2008, 10:16 PM
What is this based on?

Dol-Fan
09-13-2008, 10:26 PM
how can you predict the next 10 years? You can't predict whose career will be ended by injury, who will be signed by what team, what trades are going to happen. This list is pointless and I am astonished that I just contributed to an already 2 page long thread.

Famous03
09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Its more like this

Toronto Raptors (I see in playoffs 4 of next 10 years and winning 0championships.) If O'Neal turns back to an allstar, i can see them winning one but for now since we dont know i say none.
New York Knicks (I see in 2 of next 10 winning 0.)Knick and Grizz, its a toss up between these two for worst GMs.(p.s walsh sucks too knick fans.)
New Jersey Nets (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 0.) If they get lebron i see them making the playsoffs a few times.
Philadelphia Sixers (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 1.)when brands contract is up and i really dont see anyone good for phil after that besides millers getting old too.
Boston Celtics (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 1.) i see them winning one more before the big three retires. Wont be surpised at all if they repeat.
Cleveland Cavaliers (I see in 2 of next 10 winning Lebrons going to leave.)
Milwaukee Bucks (I see in 2 of next 10 winning 0.)If bogut steps up even more the the make the playoffs this year and 1 out of the next 9.
Detroit Pistons (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.) Teams Breaking down.
Chicago Bulls (I see in 2or3 of next 10 winning 0.) If rose turns into the the next cp3 like people say he will, then count on them for making the playoffs for a while but since i really think that rose is a bust then. No 2 playoff seeds should be good enough for you bulls.
Indiana Pacers (I see in 1 of next 10 winning 0.) Long way from going anywhere.
Orlando Magic (I see in 8 of next 10 winning 2.) As long as howard is on the team, the will make the play offs every year.
Atlanta Hawks (I see in 5 of next 10 winning 0.) young nice players.
Miami Heat (I see in 8 of next 10 winning 2 could go up even higher.) If they manage to sign bynum next summer with all the cap room there going to have, watch out for the heat for the Next uhmm let me see until wade retires a trio of Wade, Beasley and Bynum, there going to be nasty for a long time.
Charlotte Bobcats (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.) As long as Jordan is there GM i dont see them going anywhere.
Washington Wizards (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.) OVer Rated.

Golden State Warriors (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.) Need a True Big Man if there going anywhere in the next 10 years.
Sacramento Kings (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.) The Queens need alot of rebuilding to do dont see them doing anything for the next 10 years unless they get luck with there lottery picks.
Los Angeles Clippers (I see in 2 of next 10 winning 0.) lost case.
Phoenix Suns (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 1.) how sad that three years from now there big three are all goin go leave in the same season. Nash Retires shaq retires, and Amare will leave.
Los Angeles Lakers ( I see in 4 of next 10 winning 1.) there going to make the playoffs 4 years in a row maybe 5, but kobes not getting an younger and gasol isnt either, and i dont see them resigning bynum, There to over the cap already.
New Orleans Hornets (I see in 9 of next 10 winning 2.) yeah one of the few i agree with you in, CP3 is nasty.
Memphis Grizzlies (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.) agree
Houston Rockets (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.) T-Mac is getting old and yao looks like if hes about to have a career ending Injury so i dont see them doing anything for a while. besides they have Artest on top of that too, the Lock room KILLER.
San Antonio Spurs (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.) kill yourself if you ever see a full game of the spurs. THEY NEVER END......
Dallas Mavericks (I see in 2 of next 10 winning 0.) Mark Cuban has no idea wtf hes going to do anymore.
Portland Blazers (I see in 8 of next 10 winning 3.) I see portland winning a couple in a row if there Young players live up to expections
Oklahoma City Thunder (I see in 6 of next 10 winning 0.) Nice fans, already sold out.
Denver Nuggets (I see in 1 of next 10 winning 0.) when you traded camby for a 2nd round pick........ I lost respect for you people.
Minnesota Timberwolves (I see in 4 of next 10 winning 0.) Young players
Utah Jazz (I see in 3 of next 10 winning 0.) Boozers going to pull his old trick again. Williams should of never signed such a long contract.

hdxstunts1
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
dude,wtf.you dont know wat your talkin bout...you should stick wit a sport your probably more familiar wit,like golf...

Actually i play basketball and baseball. I've never golfed once in my lifetime. I know more about basketball probably more then you know about every sport combined. I've coached basketball since i was 13!

And for those who keep knocking this, its just what i think will happen, everyone has their own opinion and this just happens to be mine. If i were to type out everylittle thing i think is going to happen that went in to those answers you all would be reading a 30page post. I was just saying what teams i believe are going to do something in the coming years. Hell i dont care what anyone thinks, some of you probably think the lakers will win all 10 in the next 10 years, some might think that the Grizziles will win 5. Idc who thinks what, its your own opinion.

And to those who are stating what they think will happen thank you! I like having you share your opinions rather then knocking mine. I'm glad others like to show how they feel about it. I mean who cares what you all think of my opinions and who cares what i think of yours!

Fireworld
09-13-2008, 11:59 PM
WoW! 0 ships? you are entitled to you're own opinion but posting this thread is just embarrassing to you.

Fireworld
09-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Its more like this

Los Angeles Lakers ( I see in 4 of next 10 winning 1.) there going to make the playoffs 4 years in a row maybe 5, but kobes not getting an younger and gasol isnt either, and i dont see them resigning bynum, There to over the cap already.

Do you mean resigning him next off season? I'm pretty sure they will.

iluvsports2much
09-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Actually i play basketball and baseball. I've never golfed once in my lifetime. I know more about basketball probably more then you know about every sport combined. I've coached basketball since i was 13!

And for those who keep knocking this, its just what i think will happen, everyone has their own opinion and this just happens to be mine. If i were to type out everylittle thing i think is going to happen that went in to those answers you all would be reading a 30page post. I was just saying what teams i believe are going to do something in the coming years. Hell i dont care what anyone thinks, some of you probably think the lakers will win all 10 in the next 10 years, some might think that the Grizziles will win 5. Idc who thinks what, its your own opinion.

And to those who are stating what they think will happen thank you! I like having you share your opinions rather then knocking mine. I'm glad others like to show how they feel about it. I mean who cares what you all think of my opinions and who cares what i think of yours!

dude drop it,everyone in here thinks your some stupid *** wannabe,you coached basketball since you were 13????:speechless: i dont even wanna hear the record your teams posted while you were coach.just drop it man,and hell no you dont know more bout any sport then me so shut da *** up.ill give you a lil break if you admit you got high before you posted this thread:smoking:

Jonathan2323
09-14-2008, 01:34 AM
this is a stupid thread. sorry

LAKESHOW..
09-14-2008, 01:44 AM
dude wow how can the lakers not win 1 ship ur totally smoking something

JMan17
09-14-2008, 01:52 AM

dude i coached basketball as well grades from 6-7, does that make me special?

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion of course.

well here's an opinion i got, it's short and sweet and straight to the point...

Lakers next 10 years=5 or 6 championships

book it! :D

ragee
09-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Wow, you can't really make a right prediction for the next 10 years... I think it's easier to win the lottery! lol

All i can say is, the blazers will be a strong team in the following years... I think the Knicks will also be contenders... They are doing a great job rebuilding... So is the Nets... Plus, one of them will get lucky and get Lebron... Lastly, If Marc Gasol and Haddadi can be a decent duo in the front court, the Grizzlies has a chance too...

I hope the Mavs can be great too!

S.J.Basketball
09-14-2008, 03:25 AM
LA Lakers have only missed the playoffs 5 times in 60 years and you think they're gonna miss 4 more over the next 10 and not win ONE championship?! Doubt that.

L@ker4Life
09-14-2008, 03:53 AM
So for whats its worth, the Lakers have only missed the playoffs 5 times in their history...and their going to miss 6 of the next 10. I don't think so.

thats exactly what I thought when I saw it. I disagree more with this list than that suns fan that made the playoff rankings in the other thread. :confused:

Famous03
09-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Do you mean resigning him next off season? I'm pretty sure they will.

No they wont resign Bynum because even when Odoms contract comes off the books, next year there stil at 64 million dollars which is over the cap. And bynum is a 13+million dollar player, so i see him sign a big contract with a team with cap room, like miami.

ARMIN12NBA
09-14-2008, 03:26 PM
No they wont resign Bynum because even when Odoms contract comes off the books, next year there stil at 64 million dollars which is over the cap. And bynum is a 13+million dollar player, so i see him sign a big contract with a team with cap room, like miami.

Obviously you don't understand the NBA salary cap. Since Bynum is on the Lakers and will be a restricted free agent, the Lakers can sign him even if they are millions and millions of dollars over the salary cap. A team can sign it's restricted free agent even if they are over the cap. Look it up.

BTW--The Lakers and Bynum are already working on an extension to sign before Oct. 31.

iluvsports2much
09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
heres my prediction....this guy will actually watch some basketball this year and make a lil sense next year....and ya,idk if this is a logical prediction or not cuz i for one will admit im tokin it up right now.its that california green baby....:smoking: