PDA

View Full Version : What's the best NBA Franchise in the NBA?

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 04:50 PM
If You can have the History of any of these Franchise 4 your team who would u choose?

______Bulls______Lakers______Celtics______Spurs

If your'e a fan of a team I just listed please don't vote unless your voting for a different team.

_Sn1P3r_
09-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Celtics. They've won 17 championships already.

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 04:58 PM
In 10 years I see the Lakers with more.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-13-2008, 05:08 PM
y did u put the spurs?

23LBJCleBrowns
09-13-2008, 05:08 PM
celtics otherwise

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 05:15 PM
y did u put the spurs?

Because that's a well respected franchise and have made a mark in the NBA as one of the best franchise in the NBA.

jayl1377
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
In 10 years I see the Lakers with more.

keep dreaming lol

LakersKB24
09-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Well... Even as a Laker fan you have to admit that the Celtics are the best Franchise... I mean they won more championships than any other team in the NBA...

x_notorious
09-13-2008, 05:20 PM
The Boston Celtics, second are the Lakers.

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 05:22 PM
keep dreaming lol

3 shy from tying them, as the one of the favorites to win it this year, and being the 3rd youngest team, I like those chances.

Gilbert>TheRest
09-13-2008, 05:24 PM
the bulls itd be tight saying michael jordan played for my team

rhino17
09-13-2008, 05:25 PM
how bout the best nfl franchise in the nba?

or the best nba francise in the nhl?

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 05:30 PM
how bout the best nfl franchise in the nba?

or the best nba francise in the nhl?

I couldn't change it when I realized that too...oh well.

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Well... Even as a Laker fan you have to admit that the Celtics are the best Franchise... I mean they won more championships than any other team in the NBA...

I wouldn't have faith in that franchise. Not after seen them disapear from the face of the earth for 20 straight years.

BigEric
09-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Right now, the Spurs are the best franchise.

LAcowBOMBER
09-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I feel like the Lakers have had more sustained success

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Lakers have more hall of famers under top 50 of all time than any other team: centers George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Shaquille O'Neal; guards Jerry West and Magic Johnson; and forwards Elgin Baylor and James Worthy.

Hold the record for the highest winning percentage (61.5%),division titles. playoff apearances, conforence tittles, the most finals appearances (29) of any NBA franchise. They hold the record for the longest consecutive win streak (33) in U.S. professional team sports (also an NBA record).

rapswin98
09-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Celtics. They've won 17 championships already.agree, haha 300th post

Ph1lly Diehard
09-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Celtics.

76ers should be up over the Spurs though..

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Celtics.

76ers should be up over the Spurs though..

Yeah

hdxstunts1
09-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Celtics, no arguemenet! Lakers are close but not that close. Mine would be:

1-Celtics(17 championships(or is it 18 i cant remember) and are well respected! One it last year and had great guys on the team. Will probably come back as the contender if not the winner again this year! I see them in playoffs 3 of the next 10 years and winning 1 more.)

2-Bulls(Had the game changer! 6 out 8! Very good team that always trys to its fullest except in a handful of years 2002,2008 biggest 2! One of the youngest teams in the NBA. I see them in playoffs 5 out of next 10years and winning a championship.)

tie for 3-Lakers(14 championships but they've always played dirty and try and get big contracts that do nothing for them! They choked this year! And will for the next 10 years! Lakers will be a playoff team for maybe 6 of the next 10 but wont win a championship in that time!)

tie for 3-Spurs(Great contender seems like always in playoffs a big dynasty that will always be good. But getting older now! I see them in playoffs 7 of next 10 years not winning a championship tho.)

DreamShaker
09-13-2008, 06:26 PM

1-Celtics(17 championships(or is it 18 i cant remember) and are well respected! One it last year and had great guys on the team. Will probably come back as the contender if not the winner again this year! I see them in playoffs 3 of the next 10 years and winning 1 more.)

2-Bulls(Had the game changer! 6 out 8! Very good team that always trys to its fullest except in a handful of years 2002,2008 biggest 2! One of the youngest teams in the NBA. I see them in playoffs 5 out of next 10years and winning a championship.)

tie for 3-Lakers(14 championships but they've always played dirty and try and get big contracts that do nothing for them! They choked this year! And will for the next 10 years! Lakers will be a playoff team for maybe 6 of the next 10 but wont win a championship in that time!)

tie for 3-Spurs(Great contender seems like always in playoffs a big dynasty that will always be good. But getting older now! I see them in playoffs 7 of next 10 years not winning a championship tho.)

Lol I see this post making Laker fans pretty happy....

TheHoopsProphet
where the hell are the sixers?

Lakersfan2483
The Lakers of course, the most storied franchise over the last 30 yrs.

G-Funk

Take the Hater Glasses off.

Cavs_Fan24
09-13-2008, 06:31 PM
It's without question the Celtics. The Lakers are good, but i think Boston is definitely better. And it's nice to see the that MOST Lakers fans in this forum can admit to that.

Nighthawk
09-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Celtics....all time..They've won the most titles in the history of the league. There the current champs and are favorites by a lot of people to win it again. Or atleast again in the next 2-4 years.

Nighthawk
09-13-2008, 07:41 PM
How can the team with the most titles no be the greatest franchise???

I think its pretty clear the Yankee's are the greatest baseball franchise..

Same goes for the Celt's

ARMIN12NBA
09-13-2008, 07:43 PM
I feel like the Lakers have had more sustained success

They do. They have the most wins in NBA playoff/regular season history. They have made the playoffs the most times. They have made the Finals the most times and on and on and on. They have the most sustained success in a sense that they have always been on top. The Celtics, in the 50s/60s, won 11 of their total 17 championships while the Lakers have won consistently with no time period truly defining their entire history since they are always contenders.

rhino17
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Celtics pretty easily

mamba24
09-13-2008, 07:53 PM
If You can have the History of any of these Franchise 4 your team who would u choose?

If your'e a fan of a team I just listed please don't vote unless your voting for a different team.

thats dumb... if i am a fan of my team why wouldnt i want my teams history???????? you could make an argument for any of those franchises. if youre a fan youre gonna want your own teams history.

i am a lakers fan and i would choose their history

mamba24
09-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Right now, the Spurs are the best franchise.

um not quite... seeing as the celtics just renewed their winning ways i would say they are the best. the lakers killed the spurs

mamba24
09-13-2008, 07:59 PM

first off the lakers arent a dirty team. they were never tagged with the "bad boys" nickname... they werent dirty last year. theyve had a hand full of dirty players over the years but the bulls dynasty had rodman... come on now... and did you really pick the bulls to win a championship before the lakers?????????????????? the lakers got out played they didnt choke..... boston was superior and would have beaten whoever they faced

BrizzleBear
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Celtics.

Lakersfan2483
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
If anyone were to do a study of the most dominant franchise over the last 30 yrs., it would be the lakers without question. The Celtics were the best team during the 50's and 60's, most of their titles have come during that era.

The Lakers have been winning titles during all of the major eras of basketball. LA went to the finals 9 times with J. West as the leader of the team.They captured the title in 1972. In the 80's, LA won 5 titles with Magic and Kareem. As a laker, Magic went to the finals 9 times.

During the early 00's, the Shaq and Kobe led lakers won 3 titles and went to the finals 4 times. LA went to the finals this past season.

I think if anyone were to take the time to study the laker history they would without question say LA is the best franchise.

The Celtics won the title last year, but that was their first title since 1986!!!! How can a team be the best franchise with a 22 yr. drought? It can be said that the Celtics were the no. 1 franchise during the 50's and 60's. It would be foolish not to recognize the dominance of the Celtics during the Russell era...

Bird and Mchale also restored Boston to prominence by winning 3 titles during the 80's. After the huge 22 year drought, the Celtics won the title last season.

Overall, the Lakers get the nod based upon the continued success of it's storied franchise. The success of the Minneapolis lakers was not even factored into the equation. George Mikan won titles for the lakers as well.

$ NyC $
09-13-2008, 08:16 PM
They are all all-time greats. Each one brought an amazing resume of championships and players.

Lakersfan2483
09-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Top NBA Franchises of all-time:

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Bulls
4. Spurs
5. Sixers
6. Pistons
7. Knicks
8. Rockets
9. Blazers
10. Jazz

FortyDubs
09-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Didn't even think twice about this, Celtics easily. Lakers fans amaze me.

RocketsRule
09-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with the Celtics.

Lakersfan2483
09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Both the Celtics and the Lakers are the 2 best franchises in the NBA. The Celtics had their glory mainly during the 50's and 60's, returned to glory during the 80's. After a 22 yr. drought in the finals, they won a title last year.

The lakers were the NBA's first dynasty led by George Mikan. During the 60's, West and Baylor returned the Lakers to prominence. In the 80's, the Lakers won 5 titles. In the 00's, the Lakers won 3 titles.

It's hard to argue against both franchises, LA has been more consistent in terms of winning titles if you were to look at the team's success over the past 30 yrs. The Celtics were the mainstay during the Russell era.

Blue Tiger
09-13-2008, 09:31 PM
The Bulls has the best franchise because they were the best team ever to win a championship.

JMan17
09-13-2008, 09:55 PM
lakers have the best winning % from history to now. but i don't like this thread much because anybody that's a fan to one of these teams you listed will of course pick their favorite team.

IRUAM #21
09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Celtics great history and have had some great players

Nighthawk
09-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Im sorry....If your franchise owns the most titles in the history of the league your the best.

Just like the Yankee's, Packers and Candiens are the best in their respective sports.

bogdanrom
09-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Celtics followed by the Lakers.

G-Funk
09-14-2008, 01:12 AM
lakers have the best winning % from history to now. but i don't like this thread much because anybody that's a fan to one of these teams you listed will of course pick their favorite team.

"If your'e a fan of a team I just listed please don't vote unless your voting for a different team."

that's why I also posted this... Or else Lakers would have won this poll once again and I don't think it's fair for everyone else.

S.J.Basketball
09-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Lakers. Their entire franchise and they've only missed the playoffs like 5 times or something. That is success man.

Lebron23
09-14-2008, 01:16 AM
Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics

Chicago Bulls are nothing without Michael Jordan.

LAKERS 24/7
09-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Damn, already voted and didn't see the rules. ah well

NastyRud
09-14-2008, 01:31 AM

oops, I should have read before voting. It would have to be the Spurs. They been a top team for a while now. I hate Kobe and can never be a fan of his team. And until recently the C's have been a bad team.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Green or gold?
Lakers.

bigmac8675
09-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Celtics

BRADfromOZ
09-14-2008, 04:50 AM
My Vote, Celtics. But if Houston was an option it would definitely have been my vote.

Tom81
09-14-2008, 05:22 AM
lakers
celtics
bulls
spurs

PhoenixSunsFan1
09-14-2008, 05:47 AM
of course its the celtics they got two of one of the best playersin the NBA that followed Pierce for the Championship, THe Boston CelticsIs Paul Pierce Team.

JMan17
09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
"If your'e a fan of a team I just listed please don't vote unless your voting for a different team."

that's why I also posted this... Or else Lakers would have won this poll once again and I don't think it's fair for everyone else.

you think anybody is gonna Liston to that? this is the internet man :laugh2:

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
09-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Are you aware that the Lakers have more conference titles, division titles, playoff appearances, and more Finals appearances. Yes the Celtics have more titles, but if we are deciding who is better according to stats then the Lakers have the better franchise.

yaowowrocket11
09-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Celtics slightly over the Lakers.

NYKnickFanatic
09-14-2008, 12:35 PM
knicks

G-Funk
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
you think anybody is gonna Liston to that? this is the internet man :laugh2:

obviously they did, Celtics are up!:speechless:

heyman321
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
obviously they did, Celtics are up!:speechless:

Well you can't really argue that Boston isn't the best franchise in the history of the NBA, and I'm not even a Boston fan. They have the most championships, the most high profile players, and Bill Russell has a ring on every one of his fingers.

G-Funk
09-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Well you can't really argue that Boston isn't the best franchise in the history of the NBA, and I'm not even a Boston fan. They have the most championships, the most high profile players, and Bill Russell has a ring on every one of his fingers.

Actually the Lakers have the most high profile players

kobe24>jordan23
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
lakers. why would people choose the celtics if it took them 20 years to win it all? thats why i say lakers because they have always been consistent

Afridi786
09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Bulls, the best player to ever live played for us, 2 3-peats, and the best single season ever. But im a homer so....

LakerzDQ
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM

nah. even without being homer, Lakers franchise is better. no other team has won as much, and as consistently. Celtics only had 2 huge dynasties that got them their rings. Lakers have had many different teams that won the rings for them. Lakers have been the team for many of the best players ever.

JordansBulls
09-17-2008, 12:44 PM

Even as a Bulls fan I would say the Lakers. They have made the playoffs 55 out of 60 years and have the 2nd most titles ever and have won titles in multiple decades.

Lakersfan2483
09-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Even as a Bulls fan I would say the Lakers. They have made the playoffs 55 out of 60 years and have the 2nd most titles ever and have won titles in multiple decades.

Exactly, the Lakers have been the most consistent franchise in terms of winning titles. The key word being "consistent."

dre1990
09-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Lakers

bclin
09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
"Best Franchise" can be determined among several different criteria: best tradition, winningest team, and most consistent team, among several other criteria.

As far as tradition goes, you really can't argue with putting the Lakers and Celtics at the top. The two franchises have "greatness" written all over them. Bill Russel, Kareem, Magic, Larry Legend, Pistol Pete, Kobe, Shaq (in his prime), Pierce, KG, etc. No other franchise can really compete with that. Chicago may have had the best player to have played the game, but that was one player for maybe a decade of great tradition. Celtics and Lakers have had the best traditions in the league spanning 20-30 years.

Winningest team (highest winning percentage) I believe belongs to the Celtics (I don't have the statistics to back this up). Next are the Lakers, Spurs, then the Suns (I think.. I read this somewhere).

Most consistent winning team probably belongs to the Lakers. The number of years the Lakers have been left out of discussion as far as "best team in the league" goes are few in number. I hate the Lakers, but you gotta give it to them, they know how to put together talent.

Therefore, I'd have to go with a split decision: The Lakers and the Celtics are the two "best" franchises, in my opinion.

BoltLakerPadre
09-17-2008, 05:45 PM
The Celtics do have more titles, but half of them came during one very dominate decade. Since then the Lakers have won at least one title every decade, which no other team can claim.

With that being said, I think the Lakers offer the most to the NBA. The biggest stars, the most consistent franchise, the best fan base.

But then again, what would the Lakers be without the Celtics. It's a dream rivalry.

Beno7500
09-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Celtics

MoBASS
09-17-2008, 06:51 PM

Winning 10 out of 11 championships when the league was still a baby obviously skews the results.

The Lakers have been the winningest franchise over the last 30 years.

MoBASS
09-17-2008, 06:59 PM
... and on top of that, no Lakers fans have ever chanted "M-V-P" for an OPPOSING player in OUR arena.

That disqualifies your franchise forever.