PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith: "I knew I'd end up in Denver"

DenButsu
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Both of these articles should really just be read in their entirety.

But are are some of my favorite parts:

"I'm a lot more confident," Smith said. "I'm staying with this team. I know what they want and need me to do as opposed to last season. That was more of an up and down year. I didn't know if I was going to start or come off the bench or how much time you're going to get. So, right now I pretty much know my position."

"This guy has spent his summer in the gym," Warkentien said. "Name me another quality free agent that wasn't looking for a job that spent his August at (Grgurich's) camp. It was his work and demonstrated ability to work with our coaching staff to improve that was a compelling piece for us, and a more than an exciting piece for us."Denver Post, "Smith: Nuggets great fit for me" (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10448138)

Smith spent much of the summer working on his ball-handling and his on-the-ball defense, two areas that have been problematic during his four-year NBA career.Rocky Mountain News, "Smith feels back at home after re-signing with Nuggets" (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/sep/12/smith-feels-back-home-nuggets/)

theanswer418
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM
i agree nuggets will be in playoffs with him nuggets will be a threat in the west?

COLH
09-12-2008, 10:23 PM
dis guy's a potential all star man..

Katspinal1313
09-12-2008, 10:57 PM

He has the potential to do whatever he wants. I don't know another player as athletically gifted. I like the kid, hope he becomes everything I think he can. And I think our playoff hopes go as far as J.R. and Melo's development has come this offseason.

C-Dub
09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
yes, he is like the best potential player we have, besides carmelo who will have more all around numbers with rebounding and stuff.

hey, who here thinks in maybe this year or the year after that smith has more ppg than melo, at least inthe future, it dont even have to be this season

DenButsu
09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
yes, he is like the best potential player we have, besides carmelo who will have more all around numbers with rebounding and stuff.

hey, who here thinks in maybe this year or the year after that smith has more ppg than melo, at least inthe future, it dont even have to be this season

AI fans will rail on me for this, but I'd like to see AI get less than both of them... and 11 assists.

broncsnugzbrave
09-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I hope Melo decides he wants to play D like he did in the Olympics and then we are serious contenders if the center position is solid with no injuries.

C-Dub
09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
AI fans will rail on me for this, but I'd like to see AI get less than both of them... and 11 assists.

Actually Den, I completely agree with you, and Im as big as they get. If he could get maybe 15-17 a night and 11 assists, it would make the team better, but he cant give up the fact that he CAN score if we need him to. I think he would actually play that role if Karl made him at PG, then Smith would play and there would be less pressure for him to score and more oppurtunity to get assists. He can be a great PG, he just has to be pushed to do it, and Karl aint helping it. He should know his role, too, and I know that is your argument, but I think he would rather the team build around him than him build the team by playing a different position. Thats just what he is used to, so he just needs a little shove to do the right thing.

Anyway, If Melo had like 25 and Smith maybe get 22 or so, then we still have the big men majorly in the game dunking all over the place and our bench picking up the rest.

DenButsu
09-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Agreed on all counts.

A 60 point 1-2-3 trio would be sick.

C-Dub
09-14-2008, 01:10 PM
well, we pretty much have a 60 point duo, but if they score then thats all they do, so yes, it needs to spread out and they need to do other stuff more, like fundemental stuff such as assists, rebounds and defense.

25, 22, 17, 15, 12, 11 ppg
melo, smith, ai, kmart, nene, : thats 102 points and most of the bench left

Mario
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm a big AI fan, I would like to see him do that den, but I can see him droppin about 20 and 10 a night if he really works at it. He's had games where he's dropped 30 and 15 so I know he thats really his focus that he could easily put up those numbers and that would really help the team. I would like to see him at pg and start JR but that'll leave the bench a lil empty

_Sn1P3r_
09-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Yup. He proved he can be a good scorer. Just add in the D and he'll be great.