PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Nuggets are the most likely team to descend into turmoil

DenButsu
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Not too long ago, 25 ESPN writers, editors and contributors weighed in on a number of topics concerning the upcoming season.

One issue discussed was which team was most likely to descend into turmoil...

The survey of 25 ESPN experts says ... that the Denver Nuggets are the most likely team to descend into turmoil...

Some of the voters agreed to explain their picks....

ESPN.com's Chad Ford says:

:bla:

Akron Beacon-Journal writer, and ESPN.com contributor, Brian Windhorst has lists:

ESPN.com NBA analyst David Thorpe says he sees "all sorts of potential problems in Denver:"

ESPN.com editor Maurice Brooks also voted for the Nuggets:

:bla:espn (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-34-63/Turmoil-to-Follow.html)

Follow the link if you want to see the (um) "experts" try to predict the future with their (um) crystal balls.

I just hope this goes up on the locker room bulletin board in the Pepsi Center.

COLH
09-12-2008, 10:20 PM
yeh I've read dat a couple hours ago. hahah. it's kinda similar to what they were sayin to tha Lakers 2 years ago.. now its the our turn to prove the doubters wrong.

DenButsu
09-13-2008, 12:07 AM
The best part was this from Chad Ford:

This summer Anthony was on the trading block for a short time and his future with the team still seems very much up in the air.

What a crock of ****. Melo was never "on the block". The closest thing that was said by anybody in the Nuggets organization to such a thing was the very generalized statement attributed by Mark Kiszla in the Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_9199420) to "a source familiar with the team" that nobody was "absolutely untouchable". So let's just jump from there right to "Melo was on the block". Uh, solid. Uh-huh. Especially when the only publicly confirmed offer for Melo came from the Pistons, and was roundly rejected by Denver's FO. And subsequently, Melo had a meeting with Rex Chapman, who gave him a verbal guarantee that he would not be traded.

So, memo to Ford: If you want to base an argument on a lie (or more generously, a mistaken assumption) for its foundation, it's not going to stand up to scrutiny.

C-Dub
09-13-2008, 10:46 AM
i hope we dominate everyone and prove them wrong, they are so dumb with how they "guess" if you even want to call it that, at how good teams will be. ya i think we will do better than last year, but you cant see that until they actually play. we definately have more pieces that we need and a way better down low person (NENE). There is no way we got worse.