PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mavs that went to the Finals or 2008 Lakers that went, who wins?

Pierce#34
09-12-2008, 03:39 PM
2006 Mavs that went to the Finals or 2008 Lakers that went, who wins the series if they played?

Terry, Harris, Howard, Nowitzke, Diop

or

Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Radmanovec, Gasol

BlondeBomber41
09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
No point in this thread, the overwhelming Laker fan population will take this poll.

The Spurs team the Mavs beat that year was better than the Celtics team the Lakers lost to in the Finals, but Im sure that fact will be ignored.

Nighthawk
09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I think as a team the mavs could have defended Kobe well enough to get the Win. If Dirk is covered by Odom or Vlad, Its over.

Mavs in a close close close 7

ItsTheLastAce
09-12-2008, 04:03 PM
a full healthy roster or just that starting 5?

ShaunRiching9
09-12-2008, 04:10 PM
dude you hvae like 4 of these fantasy threads on the 1st page give it up already
nut to answer you question the Lakers

BoltLakerPadre
09-12-2008, 04:23 PM
If Dirk is covered by Odom or Vlad, Its over.

Mavs in a close close close 7

I know Dirk's good, but Odom is a solid/long/athletic defender. It's pretty pointless for me to say that I think the Laker's would have won this match up, so I'll just stick with this point, Odom (but not Vlad) would have provided some very solid defense on Dirk. I also think that Phil would have (assuming this happened after last years first round exit) learned a thing or two from the Warriors, and used Ariza to deny him the dribble. And Ariza is big/fast/athletic enough to play that kind of smother defense on Dirk without running the risk of being beaten on the dribble, or just having Dirk pull up on him. So I think that the Laker's would have been fine there.

BoltLakerPadre
09-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I think as a team the mavs could have defended Kobe well enough to get the Win.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the Mav's team that gave up 62 to Kobe in three quarters? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that that's good enough defense to win a single game, let alone a seven game series.

BlondeBomber41
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I know Dirk's good, but Odom is a solid/long/athletic defender. It's pretty pointless for me to say that I think the Laker's would have won this match up, so I'll just stick with this point, Odom (but not Vlad) would have provided some very solid defense on Dirk. I also think that Phil would have (assuming this happened after last years first round exit) learned a thing or two from the Warriors, and used Ariza to deny him the dribble. And Ariza is big/fast/athletic enough to play that kind of smother defense on Dirk without running the risk of being beaten on the dribble, or just having Dirk pull up on him. So I think that the Laker's would have been fine there.

Odom has never been able to slow Dirk down before, what makes you think he would in a series?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the Mav's team that gave up 62 to Kobe in three quarters? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that that's good enough defense to win a single game, let alone a seven game series.

Yet the Mavs won two games against the Lakers that year. Odd.

Jonathan2323
09-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Mavs would win.

heyman321
09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Odom has never been able to slow Dirk down before, what makes you think he would in a series?

Yet the Mavs won two games against the Lakers that year. Odd.

You just got burned BoltLakerPadre.

JordansBulls
09-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Depends on who has home court advantage. Both teams have advantages over the other. Terry needs to start at PG because PG's kills the Lakers. Kobe would get his, but can Dirk step up his game like he did against the Spurs?

THE NATION
09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Depends on who has home court advantage. Both teams have advantages over the other. Terry needs to start at PG because PG's kills the Lakers. Kobe would get his, but can Dirk step up his game like he did against the Spurs?
Acually it is the QUick pg's that kill the Lakers, so it would be better for the Mavs to go with Harris.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Mavs in 7

Hawkeye15
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
good question. I think the Mavs win. As long as they don't let Kobe take over more than 2 games.

Hawkeye15
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Acually it is the QUick pg's that kill the Lakers, so it would be better for the Mavs to go with Harris.

true dat

Lakersfan2483
09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
The Lakers in 6 games. Kobe destroys the Mavs. During that 2006 season against the Mavs, Kobe avg. 36 ppg, and dropped a 62 point game on that very team that went to the finals. The addition of Gasol down low and the bench scoring for LA would be too much for the Mavs to handle. Like I said, LA would win in 6 games.

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2008, 06:55 PM
:cricket:

#1Mavericksfan
09-12-2008, 07:11 PM
This thread is pointless because there are more Lakers fans than Mavericks on this Forum plus it just give people a reason to bash the Mavericks.

The Mavs wold win this series just because of Devin Harris who the Lakers never had an answer for and Desagana Diop would be guarding Pau Gasol most of the time so I'm not even worried about that.As for Kobe the Mavs would have the old Josh Howard, Marquis Daniels and Adrian Griffin who were the best defensive players on the Mavs at the time to guard Kobe.

Mavs in 7

S.J.Basketball
09-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Lakers all the way.

S.J.Basketball
09-12-2008, 07:14 PM
This thread is pointless because there are more Lakers fans than Mavericks on this Forum plus it just give people a reason to bash the Mavericks.

The Mavs wold win this series just because of Devin Harris who the Lakers never had an answer for and Desagana Diop would be guarding Pau Gasol most of the time so I'm not even worried about that.As for Kobe the Mavs would have the old Josh Howard Marquis Daniels and Adrian Griffin who were the best defensive player on the Mavs at the time to guard Kobe.

Mavs in 7

Man that statement NEVER gets old. Seriously if I had a dollar for every time I saw someone cry like that...

#1Mavericksfan
09-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Man that statement NEVER gets old. Seriously if I had a dollar for every time I saw someone cry like that...

I'm not crying about anything man...even if the Mavs were the better team nobody in this forum would pick them so that's why I said this thread is pointless and it still is.