PDA

View Full Version : NBA Champs if....

IndiansFan337
09-12-2008, 01:40 PM
The Cavaliers might win the 2008-09 NBA title if ...
Newly acquired Mo Williams is truly the answer at the point.

LeBron improves on his already off-the-chart statistics.

Ben Wallace shows he has more left than just a nice afro.

The Cavaliers might not win the 2008-09 NBA title if ...
The Celtics' star trio stays healthy.

They don't get LeBron some more help.

Another team signs that dude who beat LeBron in H-O-R-S-E.
ESPN.com link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=NBAChamps-080911&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1)

Sbank
09-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I think Cavaliers will figure out the what if during the season when they are playing as a team. LeBron almost beat the Celtics by himself.

Injins2310
09-12-2008, 02:13 PM
The Cavs will win it all by trade Wally sometime during the season for a big man.

We need to have a starting quality PF which we don't now.

Big Ben is now a bench/role player in my opinion and will supply us with some great defense this year I hope.

JJ Hickerson is too young to think of that kind of impact this year.

Anderson V should of been traded a while ago. Awesome trade bait because other teams love him. I think we all know he can't be a starter in the NBA though.

Lorenzen Wright will do little or nothing for this team.

We definitely need a PF that can score, rebound, and play defense. I still kind of wish we had Gooden still.

I do like the starting line up of

Z
Big Ben
LeBron
Delonte West- Probably be Wally but shouldn't be.
Mo Williams

That could be scary. With Boobie, Sasha, and Anderson off the bench.

TheLogical
09-12-2008, 04:14 PM
The Cavs will win it all by trade Wally sometime during the season for a big man.

We need to have a starting quality PF which we don't now.

Big Ben is now a bench/role player in my opinion and will supply us with some great defense this year I hope.

JJ Hickerson is too young to think of that kind of impact this year.

Anderson V should of been traded a while ago. Awesome trade bait because other teams love him. I think we all know he can't be a starter in the NBA though.

Lorenzen Wright will do little or nothing for this team.

We definitely need a PF that can score, rebound, and play defense. I still kind of wish we had Gooden still.

I do like the starting line up of

Z
Big Ben
LeBron
Delonte West- Probably be Wally but shouldn't be.
Mo Williams

That could be scary. With Boobie, Sasha, and Anderson off the bench.

Im glad we traded Gooden and Hughes, they were on the decline and we got expirings for them, which could be useful at the deadline. BTW: Its JJ Hickson not Hickerson.

Injins2310
09-12-2008, 04:24 PM
My bad on the last name.

Also we could use Gooden though, he wasn't a bad player. Now Hughes was awesome to get away but we did get Big Ben.

All I'm saying is we need a PF this year.

batman8040
09-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I think the cavs will win the Championship if they win 4 out of the 7 games in the finals!

PhxGiant
09-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I think you guys need a legit PF. But we all know what Lebron can do, and i think Mo Williams will help tremendously.

Wallace
09-12-2008, 07:54 PM
for ben i highly think that he will contribute more then last season...i hope he's back now is OK and he will grab some rebounds 10-11 rpg and will help in defense...and boston trio was healthy last year and we went to a 7 game...so in my opinion this is our year http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Wallace
09-12-2008, 07:55 PM
srry for the link it was a mistake :P:P

enabring
09-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Im glad we traded Gooden and Hughes, they were on the decline and we got expirings for them, which could be useful at the deadline. BTW: Its JJ Hickson not Hickerson.

Hughes, definitely on the the decline, Gooden, no way. I agree with trading him to get rid of Hughes, but he was still growing.

Hustla23
09-13-2008, 12:17 PM
The Cavs are legit NBA contenders. If the Celtics make another key trade though , they'll be right back on top.

Cavs_Fan24
09-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I think this year we could really be a top team not only in the east, but possibly a top 5 team in the NBA. As long as our 1-2 punch in Williams and LBJ works out pretty well, then i dont see how we can't make it to the Finals this year. But it'd be even better if we got LeBron jsut one more solid player that can really take us to the next level.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
ben wallace turns back into a double-double guy again. if we does that we win the championship easliy

Sbank
09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Do we really need another PF? As long as Big Ben plays good defense like he did with the Pistons then we be all set. Maybe the Cavaliers would look at upgrade at PF near the Trade Deadline. Plus I think at least we have a real good expiring to make a trade for a solid players.

EdTheRevelator
09-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Ben flashed signs of his old self last season (while in a Cavs uni), I think his health hurt him. Playing on a contending team like Cleveland seems to have invigorated him, but it's a matter of whether or not he can stay healthy.

I would like to see Wally's contract turned into another big man before the deadline. Unless of course Wally goes back in time and finds his shot like he did when he was with the T-Wolves.

I like our chances this season, even with Boston's vaunted "Big Three." Should be a fun season.

Ticket presale is Friday!!!!

Sbank
09-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Ben flashed signs of his old self last season (while in a Cavs uni), I think his health hurt him. Playing on a contending team like Cleveland seems to have invigorated him, but it's a matter of whether or not he can stay healthy.

I would like to see Wally's contract turned into another big man before the deadline. Unless of course Wally goes back in time and finds his shot like he did when he was with the T-Wolves.

I like our chances this season, even with Boston's vaunted "Big Three." Should be a fun season.

Ticket presale is Friday!!!!

We have a few option at Forward. If Wallace gets hurt we can have LeBron, Andy or Hickson to play there until Wallace gets back. I think Wally contract could net a big, but I think Andy probable go and he could bring us in the big man we need at forward.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
^oh yeah i think wallace this year will prove that he can play in this cavs offense

HouRealCoach
09-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Cleveland really has a chance but they must trade Wally for a star player

Cavs_Fan24
09-17-2008, 08:59 PM
^ we're hopin!:pray:

23LBJCleBrowns
09-17-2008, 09:45 PM
i think we should trade for joe johnson or VC

Sbank
09-17-2008, 10:30 PM
i think we should trade for joe johnson or VC

I don't think VC going here. Nets already turned down Wally for VC straight up. I doubt Nets want to trade him.
I don't know if Hawks would trade Joe Johnson if they are in the playoff haunt this year.

jdavis26
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I think the cavs will win the Championship if they win 4 out of the 7 games in the finals!

you for real???? :violin:

Sbank
09-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Cleveland really has a chance but they must trade Wally for a star player

I think Wally brings in All Star type player not Star player. He could though since his contract like star player.