PDA

View Full Version : Prozac for Patriot Fans

Wrigleyboy25
09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
That's the subject of former NFL player Corey Miller's blog here on PSD:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/blogs/prozac-for-patriots-fans-12092008.html

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
So was there any point to Miller's blog other than just to piss us off?

ERLynx
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
He's entitled to his opinion. I just happen to think he's wrong. With the exception of Harrison and Bruschi, who are the players with their foot in the retirement grave? Larry Izzo?

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
He's entitled to his opinion. I just happen to think he's wrong. With the exception of Harrison and Bruschi, who are the players with their foot in the retirement grave? Larry Izzo?

He's a former athlete who probably didn't do his homework. He probably didn't watch the draft this past April, when we got considerably younger at LB and DB. But yes, he's entitled to his opinion. His opinion just doesn't have any substance behind it.

Crickr
09-12-2008, 12:02 PM
He's a former athlete who probably didn't do his homework. He probably didn't watch the draft this past April, when we got considerably younger at LB and DB. But yes, he's entitled to his opinion. His opinion just doesn't have any substance behind it.

You know there are many people out there who think the Patsd are old on D . I think they have a big surprise coming as to the young players now on the team.

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 12:21 PM
You know there are many people out there who think the Patsd are old on D . I think they have a big surprise coming as to the young players now on the team.

Amen brother.

Wrigleyboy25
09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Comment on his blog guys, not in here.

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
oh...okay. Still new to this I guess.

Crickr
09-12-2008, 01:50 PM

This was in his article didn't I adress the quote? read below

"On the defensive side, the Patriots are just too old with too many players who have trouble making plays in space. Most of the players on the roster are trying to just maintain the level of play they have had over the course of the NFL careers. "

ERLynx
09-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry Wrig.

bosox1899
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
ok ill comment on the blog...it sucked and lack any intelligent information. So hes basically saying the pats are done for the season, i guess no one has ever realized it takes a team to win not just one player? Even though it may be easier to NY, Buffalo and Miami i doubt their fans are happy about a serious injury to another player, plus they wont get any respect even if they beat the pats bc they dont have their best player. BTW who is corey miller anyways? never heard of him

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 03:43 PM
He played nine NFL seasons for the Giants and Vikings. He was an okay player I guess.

ERLynx
09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
ok ill comment on the blog...it sucked and lack any intelligent information. So hes basically saying the pats are done for the season, i guess no one has ever realized it takes a team to win not just one player? Even though it may be easier to NY, Buffalo and Miami i doubt their fans are happy about a serious injury to another player, plus they wont get any respect even if they beat the pats bc they dont have their best player. BTW who is corey miller anyways? never heard of him

Are you kidding me? Have you been to any of the Jets boards? There are so many jealous fans out there who are LOVING this. I'm not saying they're good people. I'm just telling you that I've experienced it first hand, and I'm just a fan. You should see my Facebook page. The Philly and NY fans are having a ball with this.

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Are you kidding me? Have you been to any of the Jets boards? There are so many jealous fans out there who are LOVING this. I'm not saying they're good people. I'm just telling you that I've experienced it first hand, and I'm just a fan. You should see my Facebook page. The Philly and NY fans are having a ball with this.

Yeah they really are. They couldn't come close to beating us when we had Brady, so now that he's out, they're going nuts.

bosox1899
09-12-2008, 06:59 PM

thats just pathetic and sad, they need us to lose our star qb just to have a chance to win haha so pitiful i almost feel sorry for them...NOT!

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
From your mouth to God's ears.

jetsfan89
09-12-2008, 09:24 PM
just so you guys know, the true jets fan isnt happy that brady is out. i hate it when a person gets hurt especially with a future HOF like brady. let me make it clear that while i dont like the guy or the pats one bit and was fully rooting against them in the superbowl (:hide:) i have a ton of respect for the dude and i wish the jets could face the pats at a hundred percent with brady leading the way.

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 09:25 PM
just so you guys know, the true jets fan isnt happy that brady is out. i hate it when a person gets hurt especially with a future HOF like brady. let me make it clear that while i dont like the guy or the pats one bit and was fully rooting against them in the superbowl (:hide:) i have a ton of respect for the dude and i wish the jets could face the pats at a hundred percent with brady leading the way.

Thanks, you're one of few people who have some class. Thanks for not getting a "Bernard Pollard Fan Club" t-shirt.

jetsfan89
09-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks, you're one of few people who have some class. Thanks for not getting a "Bernard Pollard Fan Club" t-shirt.

no problem. i wouldnt go down that low.

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Some people do.

Patsfan56
09-13-2008, 12:26 AM
I tried posting on the blog, and it keeps returning an error, so here are my thoughts...

With all due respect, this is a bit negative, and inaccurate in some places. While the road to the SB is definitely not necessarily paved in stone through New England this year, New England is definitely in a position to make the playoffs- just like almost every other team out there right now. Losing Brady is a huge loss for the team, no question. But to write the season off this early is nothing less than completely foolish. This is and has been a team, not just a bunch of individuals playing together. Even Moss joined the fold. The Pats added a lot of young talent this offseason. Intimidator already listed them so I won't. So that "lost step", and "foot in the grave or on the banana peel" is way, way over the top.

And Prozac?? What??

It is fine everyone is writing the Pats off this season. Nothing could be better for the team in its current situation. It is always good to be underestimated by your competitors. Looking at the schedule I am still hoping for a 10-6 season, at least. Maybe I will be wrong, but I think it is a legit forecast.

The Intimidator
09-13-2008, 12:31 AM
I tried posting on the blog, and it keeps returning an error, so here are my thoughts...

With all due respect, this is a bit negative, and inaccurate in some places. While the road to the SB is definitely not necessarily paved in stone through New England this year, New England is definitely in a position to make the playoffs- just like almost every other team out there right now. Losing Brady is a huge loss for the team, no question. But to write the season off this early is nothing less than completely foolish. This is and has been a team, not just a bunch of individuals playing together. Even Moss joined the fold. The Pats added a lot of young talent this offseason. Intimidator already listed them so I won't. So that "lost step", and "foot in the grave or on the banana peel" is way, way over the top.

And Prozac?? What??

It is fine everyone is writing the Pats off this season. Nothing could be better for the team in its current situation. It is always good to be underestimated by your competitors. Looking at the schedule I am still hoping for a 10-6 season, at least. Maybe I will be wrong, but I think it is a legit forecast.

I agree. I think we still go 10-6 or 11-5. We're just going to be winning these games a different way than we won them last year.