PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick any Steeler.....

SteelCurtain
09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Just an interesting idea that went through my head, especially since I've been the Steelers GM for the All-Time re-draft. If you could pick any Steeler from the history of the game to start a team and consider them to be in their prime playing days, who would you take first? I was picking at #30 in the first round and I was lucky enough to nab Mean Joe Greene. I did later trade him for Jack Lambert and pick upgrades, but I consider him to be the most dominant Steeler ever. Who would you guys choose and why?

myqntab
09-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Jack Lambert....but Mean Joe is a VERY close second.....followed by Bradshaw then Woodson....

and BTW.....Bradshaw is my favorite player....so that is how good i thinnk those two are to start a team....

SteelCurtain
09-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Jack Lambert....but Mean Joe is a VERY close second.....followed by Bradshaw then Woodson....

and BTW.....Bradshaw is my favorite player....so that is how good i thinnk those two are to start a team....
Yeah, I had the 30th pick in the All Time re-draft and I figured I could get Bradshaw at #30 and Mean Joe at #35, but Bradshaw went right before I came up(I think he was 26/27). Have you checked out the teams in the re-draft? I actually managed to put together a contender, I think. You can use the link on my posts if you want to take a look.:D

carter15
09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
i picked ben since im 17 and hes the only one i saw play.

NYMetros
09-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Lambert for me.

SteelCurtain
09-13-2008, 06:13 PM
i picked ben since im 17 and hes the only one i saw play.
Well, it's nice that you've got a solid franchise QB to follow for years to come. Enjoy buddy:D We long-time fans know that they only come around every so often:(

SteelCurtain
09-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Lambert for me.

Yeah, I love Lambert too. Such a mean son of a *&%$#:D

23LBJCleBrowns
09-13-2008, 07:15 PM
mean joe green or lambert. There both great, but lynn swan would be great to get too

CubbieSteve
09-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I love Lambert too. Such a mean son of a *&%$#:D

I have a Jack Lambert fathead. I love that dude.

Gotta a Big Ben one too.

SteelCurtain
09-14-2008, 07:35 AM
I have a Jack Lambert fathead. I love that dude.

Gotta a Big Ben one too.
Nice.:clap: I can't convince the wife to convert the family room to a Steelers shrine, so I haven't gotten mine yet. She's crumbling under the steady pressure, though:D