PDA

View Full Version : THe Truth About the real best basketball player in the world right now.

PhoenixSunsFan1
09-12-2008, 08:02 AM
hello guys and welcome to a thread that tells you whos the REAL best NBA player in the world, u know kobe bryant hes actually not the best basketball player in the world after all i mean the only reason why people say that its just because he won MVP and its laker fan infested everywhere in the WORLD,
New york Miami Toronto EVEN IN BOSTON u name it u know i understand kobe bryant as a NBA player hes a good basketball player but his speed is Very overrated i mean this guy takes 3 hours to steal a ball of a turnover kobe bryant the only reason why people call him the best basketball player in the world its cause his boring old jumpshots he takes like millions and millions of times u know theres no diffrence really that much of his game other then his mid range jump shots, u know i really love lebron james his game is better his driving spped to the basket is fun to watch, right now i say the best basketball player right now in the NBA is Shaquille Oneal, shaq has done everything for kobe almost and shaqs stats tells it all.

29$JerZ
09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Shaq isn't the best player, however it's your opinion. The best player who hasn't even reached his prime yet is LeBron.

Mallpha
09-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Define "Worlds best player"

ugottabjoshinme
09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
shaq was the best player in the world back in the day, but not now. kobe is the best player now.

_Sn1P3r_
09-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Kobe's the best right now. And I have a feeling this thread should/will be closed.

JordansBulls
09-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Shaq is the best player of the 2000's followed closely by Duncan. I could see Duncan still being the best as he still is in his prime, but Shaq now isn't even an allstar.

rico
09-12-2008, 09:54 AM
dumb thread... but for the record lebron>kobe

Beno7500
09-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Lebron is the best right now.

kobe24>jordan23
09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
kobe is the best right now.

DLeeicious
09-12-2008, 10:44 AM
hello guys and welcome to a thread that tells you whos the REAL best NBA player in the world, u know kobe bryant hes actually not the best basketball player in the world after all i mean the only reason why people say that its just because he won MVP and its laker fan infested everywhere in the WORLD,
New york Miami Toronto EVEN IN BOSTON u name it u know i understand kobe bryant as a NBA player hes a good basketball player but his speed is Very overrated i mean this guy takes 3 hours to steal a ball of a turnover kobe bryant the only reason why people call him the best basketball player in the world its cause his boring old jumpshots he takes like millions and millions of times u know theres no diffrence really that much of his game other then his mid range jump shots, u know i really love lebron james his game is better his driving spped to the basket is fun to watch, right now i say the best basketball player right now in the NBA is Shaquille Oneal, shaq has done everything for kobe almost and shaqs stats tells it all.

I don't care about your stupid thread. Dude, do you know how to use periods to separate sentences or capital letters at the beginning of sentences?

DreamShaker
09-12-2008, 10:48 AM
The numbers do tell it all....13PPG and under 10 rebounds....

PhxGiant
09-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Shaq is no longer thet best, at one point he was the most dominant player in the game. You can argue that the best is either Lebron or Kobe IMO.

dre1990
09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
kb24s da best

ertanozgur
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
doesnt deserve respect.

PhxGiant
09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
And needless to say this thread should be closed before it turns into another Shaq vs. Kobe, Lebron vs. Kobe, Lakers vs. the world.

Tom81
09-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Lebron is the best right now.

agreed

argo
09-12-2008, 11:33 AM
best all around player has to be kobe. i can't stand his personality, but he has the total package on the court... driving, shooting, passing, post-up, defense, and most importantly, experience.
i wonder if his teamates like him though? that's kind of important...
soon to be best all around player is obviously Lebron... i think he needs a ring to put him over the edge to make it unquestionable.

Frank Costanza
09-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Shaq was the most unstoppable player this league has ever seen. I think this gentleman has the right to make a thread to honour a great player that we are all fortunate enough to have seen in our lifetimes, we saw him win 4 championships, and even when ppl say hes washed up, continues to show up to training camp. HE may NOT be the shaq of old, but one day kobe and lebron will slow down , but we wont just become haters on thier front like the world did with shaq, we would honour them till the day they walked away.. i just wished ppl gave shaq that same respect

stevefrancis
09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
rashard lewis is worth every penny if not more than his 116 million dollar contract

Dynasty
09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Shaq has my respect, he's always doing to dominate on defense and offense because of his size, he's always going to be bigger than his opponent, or the biggest guy in the NBA arena.

Shaq will always have the power to back down and score the ball easily.

Shaq will always have the advantage on defense, he just needs to put a hand up on his defender and that's enough.

Shaq's #s went down because he was on the Suns, and he doesn't fit in their running system at all, he's a half court player.

I wouldn't call Shaq the best TODAY, but he is very valuable to have on a team. Yes, eventually he will get slower and won't be able to run (it's already happening), but he still has what it takes to be dominant, easily. He just needs to work a bit harder nowadays to keep up with his team.

Lakerfrk
09-12-2008, 11:53 AM
I respect what Shaq has done... but he is no longer the best player in the world...

I also love how our original poster uses punctuation to its best advantage.:eyebrow:

crew158
09-12-2008, 12:20 PM
IMO this thread is a bit crap.

fairandbalanced
09-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Wade is best

bostncelts34
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
shaq was probabaly the most DOMINANT player to ever play the game. And he was the best in the world for quite a few years. But, hes not even top 15 in the league now.

And oh yea... Lebron > kobe.

40oz
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
was this posted in '98?

Zefflin
09-12-2008, 12:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with being second best...and that's what James is.

bleedprple&gold
09-12-2008, 12:56 PM
This thread is a joke...Shaq? C'mon now. Even thought I am a Kobe fan if you said Lebron I would have no problem, but Shaq? Maybe 8 years ago...

AllTheWay
09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
It's still Kobe...for now....

Lakers FTW =)

The Anomoly
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM
lmfao, Shaq? are you kidding me? That was funny man. In the past, yes he was the most dominant force, but now he's playing just to say he stayed in the nba till 40. Best all around player is Kobe or D-Wade period

rapswin98
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
stupid thread kobe is da best

DaNtHeMaN628
09-12-2008, 01:25 PM
D Wade was the best in the World Showcase known as the Olympics.

mamba24
09-12-2008, 01:35 PM

you are entitled to your opinion but when you say kobe's spped is overrated and then you call shaq the best player in the world you lose all credibility with me. if you came out and made a good arguement for lebron james i wouldnt think too much of it. lebron is the one player in the nba who is almost on the same level as kobe. you dont watch kobe. he gets to the lane.. proof of this is he shoots around 10 free throws a game. 2nd his mid range jumper is what makes him so amazing ala michael jeffrey jordan... he is an all league defender. proof of his amazing "d" was in the olympics this summer. who guarded the best player on the opposing team every night???? you guessed it: kobe bean bryant.look at how many times he made the all league defensive team... kobe elvated the play and inspired a group of young inexperienced players... ya lebron took just an ok team to the finals but he had a team of veterans. kobe took an ok team to the finals but had all inexperienced and young players... only kobe and fisher had ever really done any damage in the playoffs...

mamba24
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM

agreed... he was the mvp of the tournament

IndyRealist
09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
A quantitative analysis of the best players in the NBA last year can be found here. (http://www.wagesofwins.com/MVPAllNBA2008.html) Based on Wins Produced (WP), Chris Paul is the best player in the league. There's a complicated formula to figure wins produced, but basically the number respresents the wins that player is responsible for that year. Should you add up the WP's of all the players on a team, you get approximately how many games that team won for the year, so I think it's fairly accurate. You can read an explanation of Wins Produced, and the simpler Win Score, here (http://dberri.wordpress.com/2006/05/21/simple-models-of-player-performance/).

bogdanrom
09-12-2008, 04:52 PM
If you are comparing their careers then it's Shaq or Duncan. Right now, it's between Kobe and Lebron.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-12-2008, 04:56 PM
lebron without a doubt

Cavs_Fan24
09-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Shaq is definitely not the bet player in the NBA.

and i agree, the best player is LeBron James, and he isnt even as good as he's gonna eventually be.

hockeypro68
09-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Lebron is going be SO much bettter than kobe. LOOOK what he did last year.. 30/8/7/2/1 ?????????????????? At the age of 23. He's already taken his team to the finals. And guess what, with Mo next year, they're going back.

Lakerfan32
09-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Easily Lebron. The guy works on his shot and defense and he may be best ever.

PurpleJesus
09-12-2008, 05:53 PM
did this dude seriously just call shaq the best player in the world? I dont even think i could conisder him a top five C anymore.

Chris Pauls name should be thrown out there as potentially being the best.

But its probably Kobe, and no, I am not a Lakers fan at all.

amare#1
09-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm a suns and Shaq fan man and I'm not even gonna vouch for that. The Diesel was once the best in the world, but now Kobe is much better than him... definitely. Just check the stats. I'm not saying Kobe is "the best", but just better than the Big Cactus.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Its your opinion, but in my opinion your opinion is dumb.

(Anyone get what I just said? :o)

S.J.Basketball
09-12-2008, 07:11 PM

I'm convinced this is a troll post. It's your FIRST post and you spout out absolute nonsense and talk like you know these forums and have been posting here for while. Lame bait.

Go take an english class so you can learn how to use this little guy . <----------it's called a period. I don't like reading a paragraph in one breath.

Lakersfan2483
09-12-2008, 07:15 PM

Close this ridiculous thread.

Iodine
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Shaq isnt even the best fatass in the league anymore

cmellofan15
09-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Its your opinion, but in my opinion your opinion is dumb.

(Anyone get what I just said? :o)

I got it

But in my opinion Chris Anderson is the best player in the world! (Besides Becky Hammon of course)

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 11:43 PM
kobe in the best player on the planet.

G-Funk
09-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Lebron can't be the best until he stops shooting airballs from the line, learns to shoot from range, get's to NBA first defensive team and can be clutch...

Kobe is the best. then Lebron will take it from there, But I agree Shaq was the best for a while...

JordansBulls
09-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Lebron can't be the best until he stops shooting airballs from the line, learns to shoot from range, get's to NBA first defensive team and can be clutch...

Kobe is the best. then Lebron will take it from there, But I agree Shaq was the best for a while...

The first sentence makes no sense by any means. And if we are basing something on who is the best than it would be Duncan as he actually has both finals and league mvp's and multiple at that.

Zefflin
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
The first sentence makes no sense by any means.

I believe he meant how can someone be the best when they shoot airballs from the FT line. Still, not much sense there...

JIDsanity
09-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Bron is > that Kobe

JIDsanity
09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
But we all know that the GOAT is Mike James

Lost Art
09-19-2008, 11:53 AM

I can agree with that. Also Lebron looked great as well in the Olympics. But I'm pretty sure that once the NBA season starts Kobe will rise to the top once again. The thing about Kobe that is so impressive is his longevity. Honestly, he does it year after year after year. Lots of good players come and go and lots of players have banner years spread throughout their careers............but what sets Kobe apart from everyone else is that he's great EVERY year and he's up at the top producing each season for the last 10-11 years and is showing no signs of slowing up. And if you ask me, he still seems to be getting better each year and comes into each season with a new bag of tricks.

NYKnickFanatic
09-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Bron is > that Kobe

I 2nd that. :D

:up:

Fool
09-19-2008, 12:06 PM

can we just ban this dude?

eugene
09-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Well... I'm one of those called "Kobe hater" but still this thread is stupid :)