PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Offseason Playoffs: Detroit vs Chicago - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
09-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Detroit has homecourt Advantage

Detroit Pistons Lineup:

PG: Chauncey Billups/Rodney Stuckey/Lindsey Hunter
SG: Stephen Jackson/Mo Evans/Juan Dixon
SF: James Posey/Ime Udoka/Rodney Carney
PF: Jermaine O'Neal/Jason Maxiell/Robert Horry
C: Rasheed Wallace/Alonzo Mourning

Chicago Bulls Lineup:

C-Chris Kaman/Dan Gadzuric
PF-Antonio McDyess/Kris Humphries/Cedric Simmons
SF-Luol Deng/Demetris Nichols/Patrick Ewing, Jr.
SG-Mike Miller/Charlie Bell/Sonny Weems
PG-Andre Miller/Chris Duhon/Taurean Green

Detroit Pistons Series Writeup:

Kaman and Mcdyess vs. JO and Sheed. I donít think its too far fetched to say that our bigs dominate this matchup both offensively and defensively. Kaman and Mcdyess just canít hang with JO and Sheed. All signs point to JO finally being healthy. When he was healthy, he was a 20-10 guy and was third in the MVP balloting the last time he was healthy. Even if he isn't the MVP candidate JO he once was, he is still a force to be reckoned with when healthy. Pair him with another high caliber player in Sheed, and you've got a big duo that blocks shots, will score on the block, rebound and in keeping with Pistons tradition, play stellar defense. And even if JO is not the go to 20-10 guy he once was, he's healthy, and is at the

Deng and Miller vs. Posey and Sjax. Luol Deng is the best player at the wings, but not by much, and defensively my Pistons team would matchup well. They're not necessarily locked in at SG and SF and it doesn't really matter. Posey will guard the other teams best perimeter player most every night, and that definetly gives this team an edge defensively, because it allows Jackson, who himself is a prety good defender, to guard the other wing spot, and also help defensively where needed. Not to mention these guys offensively are both very good 3 point shooters and in no way back down from big shots. Jax is a 20ppg scorer who if not a go to guy necessarily will make plays and score points for this team when needed.

Chauncey vs. Miller. Its close, but Chauncey is still the better player, and hes clutch as hell

Pistons Bench vs. Chicago bench. Duhon and Bell are decent as is Humphries, but outside of that, its rather bland. On the other hand, the Pistons bench has veteran leadership and intensity, as well as a high skill level. Zo is a champion and a defensive monster, maxiell is a high energy guy. Horry, however old can still hit shots and play crafty D. Udoka and Evans are a good compliment of offense and defense, and Stuckey is like a 6th starter and he showed last year hes studly.

Chicago Bulls did not send in a writeup.

Tom81
09-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Detroit

The Melky Way
09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
The Pistons (in my opinion) downgraded when they traded Prince (Rip needed to go), but they are still a solid team and I have a lot of questions about the Bulls depth at F/C, which is going to hurt them come time to play the Pistons because a guy like Rasheed Wallace were wear Kaman and McDyess out and that depth behind them is not great.

Detroit Pistons win

_Sn1P3r_
09-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I like Detroit here.

AgentViet
09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Pistons are too much for the Bulls here.

astrosmaniac
09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
same, pistons win this series

ShakeN'Bake
09-12-2008, 01:51 PM
pistons ftw

superkegger
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
The Pistons (in my opinion) downgraded when they traded Prince (Rip needed to go), but they are still a solid team and I have a lot of questions about the Bulls depth at F/C, which is going to hurt them come time to play the Pistons because a guy like Rasheed Wallace were wear Kaman and McDyess out and that depth behind them is not great.

Detroit Pistons win

posey may be a downgrade from prince, but its not that far, and the upgrade of JO over mcdyess for us was worth it.

GunFactor187
09-13-2008, 12:03 AM
My Pistons FTW!!!

Ansy
09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Detroit -- that's a really impressive roster. A better on-paper defensive lineup than I can remember having ever seen in the real NBA.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-13-2008, 03:25 PM
i like chicago in this one

SensandRaps
09-13-2008, 03:48 PM
detroit wins this

bogdanrom
09-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Detroit Pistons. They have a better starting five and a much better bench.

thesparky33
09-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Pistons are the best team in the playoffs right now... they get my vote.