PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Offseason Playoffs: San Antonio vs Portland - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
09-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Spurs have homecourt Advantage

San Antonio Spurs Lineup:

C: Nene - Frabicio Oberto - Dikembe Mutombo
PF: Tim Duncan - Francisco Elson - Omer Asik
SF: Bruce Bowen - Nicholas Batum - Damjan Rudez
SG: Manu Ginobili - Thabo Sefolosha - Gordan Giricek
PG: Tony Parker - Jose Barea - Goran Dragic

Portland Trailblazers Lineup:

PG: D.J. Augustin / Shaun Livingston / Kyle Lowry
SG: Brandon Roy / Trevor Ariza / Chris Douglas-Roberts
SF: Al Thornton / Linas Kleiza / Donte Greene
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Sean Williams / Steve Novak
C: Greg Oden / Roy Hibbert / Hamed Haddadi

San Antonio Spurs Series Writeup:

Center:
Oden is bright with potential but hasn't done anything in the NBA yet while Nene has been to the playoffs a few times. Nene is a solid defensive big capable of 10/10 and won't have a problem equaling or besting Oden's production.

Power Forward:
Don't need to say much here, Duncan is the best PF in the league and a proven winner while Aldridge is an upcoming rising player. Duncan will destroy him on both sides of the floor.

Small Forward:
Thorton is coming off a great rookie year but isn't polished yet and will be facing a top 3 perimeter defender in Bruce Bowen. Thorton lacks experience and Bowen wouldn't have a problem locking him down.

Shooting Guard:
Great match up here in Roy against Manu. Both are solid 20/5/5 SGs, but Manu has the slight edge here because of his experience while Roy hasn't tasted the playoffs yet. Manu is also a better defender and produces the same #'s in less playing time.

Point Guard:
Tony Parker is a top 5 PG in the game today and will beat the rookie Augustin on both ends of the floor.

Overall:
The Spurs are more talented and experienced, the Blazers have a bright future but they'd have to be very lucky to win one game in this series.

Portland Trailblazers did not do a writeup.

Tom81
09-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Spurs

The Melky Way
09-12-2008, 06:06 AM
San Antonio keeps the big three intact and added some very nice international players to surround Manu and Parker.

Portland is definitely set up for future success, but until the Spurs are knocked off the mountain they are still the best team in the West (considering that teams like the Lakers and Hornets didn't do their write ups and both of them were much better than the Spurs).

_Sn1P3r_
09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Spurs. Portlans is still too young to beat a proven Spurs team.

Beno7500
09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Spurs

dbroncs-abraves
09-12-2008, 10:35 AM
who is the smart person that voted for me?

astrosmaniac
09-12-2008, 01:39 PM
spurs

ShakeN'Bake
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
spurs in 5

superkegger
09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Though its a long shot, I think I'll take the blazers in 7. Probably unlikely, but my vote doesn't really matter since its a landslide, so what the hell.

RocketsRule
09-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Spurs, experience is the factor in this match up, IMO.

Nets fan 93
09-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Spurs no doubt