PDA

View Full Version : NBA Mock Offseason Playoffs: Utah vs Denver - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
09-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Utah has Homecourt Advantage

Utah Jazz Lineup:

C- Mehmet Okur - Paul Millsap
PF - Carlos Boozer - Drew Gooden
SF - Ron Artest - Ronnie Brewer
SG - Mike Dunleavy - Kyle Korver
PG - Deron Williams - Chucky Atkins

Sacramento Kings Lineup:

C - Spencer Hawes - Lorenzen Wright
PF - Anderson Varejao - Amir Johnson - JJ Hickson
SF - James Jones - Willie Green
SG - Mickael Pietrus - Quincy Douby
PG - Daniel Gibson - Jamaal Tinsley - Aaron Afflalo

Utah Jazz Writeup:

This team is one of the best, deepest, and well constructed teams in the mock. I really made 2 big moves, but i feel that they pushed this team way over the top. I signed Ron Artest and traded AK47 for gooden and dunleavy. i gained more offense, depth, and defense with those 2 moves. The kings are a joke. the only reason they are in the playoffs is cause the lakers, suns, and hornets got DQed. they traded away martin for west, then west for joe johnson, and then they trade JJ for varajao, gibson and picks? they gave up and IMO this is just a free pass to the second round

Starters stats last season:
Deron Williams - 18.8/10.5/1.1
Mike Dunleavy - 19.1/5.2/3.5
Ron Artest - 20.5/5.8/3.5
Carlos Boozer - 21.1/10.4/2.9
Mehmet Okur - 14.5/7.7/2.0

MATCHUPS:

PG: Deron Williams VS Daniel Gibson

This is not even close. Deron is the 2nd best PG in the league and gibson is just arely a starter, easy victory for me.

SG: Mike Dunleavy VS Mikael Pietrus

Once again, its not even close. I know dunleavy isnt a house hold name, but he dropped 18 PPG at SG as a 2nd or 3rd option. Pietrus is is best suited to be a defensive 6th man, once again, big victory.

SF: Ron Artest VS James Jones

JAMES JONES, thats all i have to say, victory to the jazz.

PF: Carlos Boozer VS Aderson Varajao

Varajao is a decent defender, but boozer is a top PF in this league, a 20-10 type of guy. win for the jazz

C: Mehmet Okur VS Spencer Hawes

Hawres has potential, but Okur is a legit 14 PPG C with some range, easy win for me

Bench:

My bench is arguably the best in the entire mock offseason. Brewer, Gooden, and Korver would be starting for most teams in the league, and they are all coming off the bench. Korver is a lights out 3 point shooter and brewer is an energy guy. Then i have paul millsap, who is one of the better bench big men, scoring 8 PPG in limited minutes last year.

I win this hands down.

The Sacramento Kings did not do a write up.

TheFuture6
09-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Really?

That Kings team is terrible...

BRADfromOZ
09-12-2008, 02:54 AM
How did that Kings team make it to the playoffs?

Tom81
09-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Utah Jazz

The Melky Way
09-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Jazz

The Kings made the playoffs because Dallas, New Orleans and Los Angeles Lakers failed to submit a write up (if they did, Kings, Trailblazers and Rockets would have been left out).

_Sn1P3r_
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Utah easily. I don't even know who the Kings' number one option is. I'm guessing Gibson.

AgentViet
09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Sweep in blow outs for the Jazz.

astrosmaniac
09-12-2008, 01:23 PM
yea. honestly the kings dont even deserve to be playing. 3 of the top 6 teams in the west (IMO) were disqualified, so they snuck into the playoffs

ShakeN'Bake
09-12-2008, 01:46 PM
wow just wow...jazz blows them out everygame

tripleplay2007
09-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Jazz are beasty. They look unstopable. Kings get pwned.... BAD

superkegger
09-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I think this series would be over in 1 game as the kings would just forfeit the remaining games because of slaughter rule...

Nets fan 93
09-12-2008, 10:46 PM
This is a disgrace lol. Gibson cant do anything w/o King James. if the other GM's woulda did their writeups Sac would make the New York Liberty look like team USA :)