PDA

View Full Version : Are you the most knowledgeable NBA fan you know?

Giaps
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I am.

It seems everybody around me is like boycotting basketball (and the Knicks here in NY)... I grew up playing basketball with 90% of my friends, yet they prefer the NFL and MLB over the NBA. Not only that, they are epically lost when it comes to the NBA and news, rosters, stats, history, strategy etc.

I am definitely the NBA guru of my circle and need to talk about it more, so that's where PSD comes in. How about you guys/gals?

haircanada
09-11-2008, 09:29 PM
same man everyone in my school likes stupid hockey but ball is my thing man grew up playing it

hdxstunts1
09-11-2008, 09:29 PM
That question alone is stupid. Knowledgable and NBA cant be in the same sentece! They are complete opposites!

JermanJaysFan
09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Yup. People around where I am are hockey nuts.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I am... most of my friends and reletives prefer NFL tho.

fins08
09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I was called ESPN at my school last year.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2008, 09:41 PM
there are some posters here who seem to know a lot. But yeah, I follow it religiously, to an annoying point. Even my wife can debate basketball now. Haha

ShaunRiching9
09-11-2008, 09:45 PM
by far i am

PhxGiant
09-11-2008, 09:45 PM

lol thats a pretty good nickname.

I probably know the most out of everyone i know, i cant go too long without talking basketball so i was happy when i found PSD.

Cubs Win
09-11-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm basically the sports guru in general in my school. I usually have a few kids a day ask for fantasy football, basketball, baseball help depending on the season as well as Q's about teh history of the games.

IndyRealist
09-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I am.

Well with 8000+ posts, I should hope so ;)

I'm easily the most knowledgeable NBA fan I know. Hard to find anyone to talk to about the NBA in Colts country. Probably need to sniff out some Bulls fans...we can meet in an abandoned warehouse and have a secret handshake and everything.

Famous03
09-11-2008, 10:05 PM
They call me the GOD OF SPORTS.

LayZbone
09-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Definitely. Basketball is really the only sport that I follow religiously and everyone pretty much knows I'm a basketball nut. There's only a handful of people that i can carry a real conversation with about basketball. That's why I love PSD. In the real world, my cousin knows a good amount about b-ball, and my neighbor has been a fan since the 70s. I was born in '89, so I love talking w/ him about the players I never got a chance to see. pretty much all my friends are idiots when it comes to b-ball, and they think i'm obsessed with it. NBA.com is my home page, I'm always watching ESPN Classics...my bedroom wall is a myriad of posters and newspaper cut-outs, mostly from the Heat's championship run, and other great moments (jordan's shot against the jazz, VC's Olympic dunk over that 7-footer). And I have an autographed, framed Dennis Rodman Bulls Jersey hanging as well....and a huge plaque, commemorating Alonzo Mourning's career.

Beno7500
09-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I probably know the most out of everyone i know,

Famous03
09-11-2008, 10:14 PM
I probably know the most out of everyone i know,

hard to believe, you and Hawkeye are always either bashing on teams or hating on every player besides your own.

Beno7500
09-11-2008, 10:14 PM
hard to believe, you and Hawkeye are always either bashing on teams or hating on every player besides your own.

And???

Famous03
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
They call me the GOD OF SPORTS.

J/K, i know a good amount about sports overall, i watch and play every sport.

Famous03
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
And???

You dont really know anything about sports. Now go bash on someones team, like you always do.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Well down here ist almost all about soccer and tenis for Rafa Nadal and then F1 for Fernando Alonso etc etc.

Thanks god with our very good results from the national basket team some people has taken some interest , but of course they only can talk about the last couple years, since gasol is there and they follow.

I had no one to talk about the first 90s or 80s.

Now i can Talk To Crooner :)

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 10:24 PM
i love talking about bball

BRADfromOZ
09-11-2008, 10:24 PM
In my circle of friends yes, But there are many more knowledgeable people than me on this forum.

J$mo0th_3o5
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM

Me too. Lol

29$JerZ
09-11-2008, 10:43 PM
My friends are into Baseball to the max. I'm the Basketball wiz, but I have to be since I want to be he future GM of the Knicks. Gonna get me an internship soon for MSG hopefully, waiting for the call :D

LA412
09-11-2008, 11:00 PM
yes.....everyone loves football in west virginia

Beno7500
09-11-2008, 11:01 PM
You dont really know anything about sports. Now go bash on someones team, like you always do.

Not at all. You're right, sorry for bothering you. I won't be doing anything wrong, I swear.

kid#8
09-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Not at all. You're right, sorry for bothering you. I won't be doing anything wrong, I swear.

hahaha...Beno always gets in fight from bashing other psoters here... I maybe new in here but I've been reading posts i here for about 2 to 3 yrs.? (don't know really)...So I know that beno is just baiting...so when I saw somebody pissed of becoz of Beno I just laugh the hell out of it coz they've been caught by the bait of beno... but I think he's really good sometimes in posting in here... just don't talk ******* on his sactown...lol...:D

BowDown32
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I AM!!

I work in the ball industry. Im from Canada and work for a ball software company that does the stats, video, scouting, etc. for team ranging from High School to Division I. Im go Five-Star camps down in the US all summer (attendees to these camps were Jordan, LeBron, Wade, Melo, Artest, etc.)
I know my ball more than the average bear. You wanna talk ball with someone who is knowledgeable hit me up. Obviously are opinions might differ, but that is common. Trust me.... I know my ****.

x_notorious
09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
And???

When coming into a debate or argument, never bring biased feelings to the table. Especially if facts are proving other wise. Most posters on this site do, a homer opinion factors into everything they say. Select few don't how ever and I REALLY enjoy reading their posts.

Knowledgeable? No. To some extent, maybe, until the biased opinions aren't expressed or factored into the equation.

*I'm not directing this towards you or anyone in particular, I've seen it way too many times and makes me chuckle.

Iodine
09-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Yes but I have one other friend who knows a **** load about the NBA

JMan17
09-11-2008, 11:53 PM
i can every starting lineup for any team from the 70s-now.

of course I'm a knowledgeable NBA fan :)

BlinkManJan02
09-11-2008, 11:58 PM
where i live yeah, no one else likes the NBA. it sucks! i love internet forums, thank god for those. now i can discuss the Bucks/NBA with ppl :)

Noles3490
09-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I know alot about hockey, football, baseball and basketball.
Im pretty much a versatile genious

Beno7500
09-12-2008, 12:34 AM
hahaha...Beno always gets in fight from bashing other psoters here... I maybe new in here but I've been reading posts i here for about 2 to 3 yrs.? (don't know really)...So I know that beno is just baiting...so when I saw somebody pissed of becoz of Beno I just laugh the hell out of it coz they've been caught by the bait of beno... but I think he's really good sometimes in posting in here... just don't talk ******* on his sactown...lol...

I don't how how i was baiting when i said i know the most out of my friends... :shrug:

ee
09-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I am.....only a few I know gets close to what I do......

FOBolous
09-12-2008, 12:59 AM
no...only ONE person i know of in real life knows more about basketball than me...other than guy...i'm the most knowledgeable :p and i think i'm one of the most knowledgable on PSD too :D mainly because i don't have homer tendancies (at least i don't think i do)...which is more than what i can say about some other fans (especially laker fans...ugh)

Chronz
09-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Nope, and hopefully it stays that way

kid#8
09-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I don't how how i was baiting when i said i know the most out of my friends... :shrug:

I mean to your other posts not in this one..I'm saying that as a compliment...

FOBolous
09-12-2008, 01:10 AM
oh and because i'm not effected by hype either (at least i don't think i do). for the most part...no matter how much hype a player gets...i'm still going to see him as he is...i'm not going to let hype make me think a player is better than he really is.

barreleffact
09-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Basketball is really the only sport I follow...With that being said, historically speaking I'm not the most knowledgeable. I couldnt tell you much about past eras nor even the full Jordan era. I definately could not describe the impact of players during those eras above someone who was around and/or grew up watching them. As far as knowing todays game and players, I think I know the most, but historically, no. I think that's pretty realistic. Everyone who thinks they know the most is either a basketball analyst or they need to be realistic about what they know and what they do not.

barreleffact
09-12-2008, 01:41 AM
oh and because i'm not effected by hype either (at least i don't think i do). for the most part...no matter how much hype a player gets...i'm still going to see him as he is...i'm not going to let hype make me think a player is better than he really is.

I am the same way. I used to either hate player because of their over hype...Kobe, or I would see them as otherworldly, Jordan. Now I do neither. I may hate their personalities or the fact that they got all that hype...Lebron. But I will respect their games to the fullest....not to mention any names...cough

Antbanks21
09-12-2008, 02:05 AM
pretty much everyone at my old school knew everything about the NFL but not me i was the NBA guy that could only talk basketball to 2 of my friends.

Sixerlover
09-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Nope. My coach / my professor both have years on me of knowledge of the game. But when it comes to my peers, no doubt.

sacgiants1213
09-12-2008, 02:35 AM
i know more about the nba than anyone i know. there are people that may know more about a particular team than me, but they are oblivious to the rest of the league

Ballah0liC1
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM
there are some posters here who seem to know a lot. But yeah, I follow it religiously, to an annoying point. Even my wife can debate basketball now. Haha

my 5 yr old sister can debate bball now. lol

Hawkeye15
09-12-2008, 02:33 PM

no, I call players like I see them. Unfortunately, many of the good, lesser heralded players never make these boards. They are filled with overrated media queens.

$ NyC $
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM
IM WITH YOU BRO, your not alone.

A lot of my friends are actually big bball fans, but no1 know's stats and numbers like i do. So i usually know the most out of them.

RoyalG333
09-12-2008, 02:54 PM
A lot of B ball fans here in SoCal. Although I did speak to a gentleman a couple weeks ago who asked me why Jordan wasn't playing in the Olympics. The same guy knew every stat the Lakers had during the playoffs this year. Kind of bizzare.

Nighthawk
09-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I am.

It seems everybody around me is like boycotting basketball (and the Knicks here in NY)... I grew up playing basketball with 90% of my friends, yet they prefer the NFL and MLB over the NBA. Not only that, they are epically lost when it comes to the NBA and news, rosters, stats, history, strategy etc.

I am definitely the NBA guru of my circle and need to talk about it more, so that's where PSD comes in. How about you guys/gals?

Same for me man..

It just isnt NBA with me, Its NBA/MLB/NFL. Dont watch Hockey. But im the one they ask if they need to know ANYTHING.

MiamiHeat
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Me and My friend at the lunch table all we talk about NBA
but my other friends want us to shut up :P
and I'm known for saying
DWADDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE

Giaps
09-12-2008, 07:40 PM
The other day I had to put one of my friends in his place because he was bashing the NBA as a whole. He clearly didn't know what the hell he was talking about and that's what irritated me the most. At least here you argue and disagree with intelligent and well informed people (well some of you at least ;)).

JMKnick33
09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I have a lot of friends who love basketball. But I'd have to say it's a close call. If I'm not the most knowledgeable NBA I know..then I'd have to at least be top 3. My most visited sites are: NBA.com, PSD.com, ESPN.com, and FOXsports.com. And yes, I go straight to the NBA tab on all sites, except NBA.com of course.

I was talking to one of my bball buddies and I couldn't believe I had to defend the Dream Team against the Redeem Team. He was saying that the Redeem Team would win over the Dream Team. When it was all said and done, I convinced him that the Dream Team was the superior team :)

BullsNumber1Fan
09-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Really?

What's the '77 Bulls starting lineup without looking at a website? Be truthfull, just testing you out.:p

rapswin98
09-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Me and My friend at the lunch table all we talk about NBA
but my other friends want us to shut up :P
and I'm known for saying
DWADDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE:drool: alba is so dam sexy

Vinny642
09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
in my school im one of the smartest, my bro is smarter then me, and two of my friends, but people at my school are dumb especially when i say cp3 is the best pg they say baron or billups or kidd and nash

JMan17
09-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Really?

What's the '77 Bulls starting lineup without looking at a website? Be truthful, just testing you out.:p

PG: Wilbur Holland
SG: Norm Van Lier
SF: Scott May
PF: Mickey Johnson
C: Artis Gilmore

and no i did not look it up, I'm too lazy to look up anything now a days :p

Ph1lly Diehard
09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Alot of people know sports, but I know the most stats out of anybody in my grade definitally. Pretty clear cut too.