PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Greatest Game 7's NBA Playoffs (Lakers vs Kings 2002) # 4

JordansBulls
09-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=shouler_ken&id=2452524)

4. L.A. Lakers at Sacramento, West finals, June 2, 2002

Sacramento wasn't the first to think it had bagged the Lakers; just the most recent. The Kings put up as wicked a fight against Los Angeles as any team during their run of three straight championships. It took a combination of 35 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks from Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant's 30 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists (not to mention playing 52 of 53 minutes) to get it done. Those performances -- plus Sacramento's clanging 14 of 30 free throws and Chris Webber's missing his last four shots -- sealed the deal in a 112-106 overtime win for the Lakers.

Where were you, what were you doing, and were you nervous before the game started?

DerekRE_3
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I was at my house. My family had a bunch of people over to watch the game. And yes, I was nervous. I remember watching game 6 and being absolutely dumbfounded at the referees. And then after Game 7, I was just in shock. I could not believe we had given that game to the Lakers.

Beno7500
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I was so nervous. After the game was over, I cried for several days

RocketsRule
09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I just remember watching it, anxiously awaiting the outcome. I was shocked when we couldn't make simple free throws to help us win the game. That basically, lost us a championship.

Agent008
09-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I watched it in my apartment. After the game I punched a hole in my hall, which cost me my deposit that year.

ntat
09-11-2008, 10:31 PM
At my house with my buddies. It broke my heart straight up. But dude you cried? let alone for days afterwards?!? wow

Kings Faithful
09-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah i cried too.....I was only 10 or a 11 at the time and Beno was even younger so its understandable for us to cry......especially when we know we got screwed.

Kyle N.
09-12-2008, 01:30 AM
I actually don't remember watching it though I know I did. I remember game 4 very clearly though. Either way, I know I was sad.

Beno7500
09-12-2008, 01:32 AM
At my house with my buddies. It broke my heart straight up. But dude you cried? let alone for days afterwards?!? wow

I am a deep hard core fan

ntat
09-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I am a deep hard core fan
I am a die hard fan too. Back when they were terrible and the only bright spot was the Rock and sometimes the wizard. I guess I was just raised not to cry like that. It was only ok in my mind if MY team lost a BIG game, or maybe if my family was on the team that lost a heart breaker of that magnitude. You guys want to hear a funny life stat of mine? Every kings home game I have gone to, they have never lost, with the exception of the year they got into the playoffs with 39 or 40 wins. I went to the last game at Arco in the post season. IM Like 42 and 1

RocketsRule
09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I am a die hard fan too. Back when they were terrible and the only bright spot was the Rock and sometimes the wizard. I guess I was just raised not to cry like that. It was only ok in my mind if MY team lost a BIG game, or maybe if my family was on the team that lost a heart breaker of that magnitude. You guys want to hear a funny life stat of mine? Every kings home game I have gone to, they have never lost, with the exception of the year they got into the playoffs with 39 or 40 wins. I went to the last game at Arco in the post season. IM Like 42 and 1

You should go to more games :D

Kings Faithful
09-13-2008, 02:08 AM

Like I said....we were about 10 years old when the Kings lost...its not like we were 30 year old dudes crying about our team losing.

Pipes
09-13-2008, 04:40 AM
I went to the Game! I paid 300$ for a seat that was in the second row from the top at Arco, and from my end it was worth every penny. They gave us these little like paddle type things basicaly to make a ton noise because Phil was being a big baby over the cowbells. Anyway's I was able to get Wallace to sign it before the game when he was getting some shot's in. I'm not sure why he was further down the depth chart then Brent Price! But it was awsome anyway's!

I sat next to this F'n Laker fan who danced evrey time the Lakers made a run! Before the game started there was so much electricity in the building I thought it was going to blow the roof off. The hole game I was confinced we were going to win even when we blew all those free throws and went into overtime. But my heart sank when Peja airballed one then the imortal Doug Christie did the same.

I left the arena a broken man! I almost broke my hand hitting one of the pillars in the arena on my way out. If I had to do it all over again though I would do it in a heartbeat. Even with the knowledge that 02' would be a long year for all of my teams.

Tom81
09-13-2008, 01:39 PM
great game.

Beno7500
09-13-2008, 06:07 PM

come to every home game this season. :)