PDA

View Full Version : The New York hype

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Lebron is not leaving for the Knicks or the Nets so if you're a fan of those respective teams don't get your hopes up cause it's most definitely not happening and I'll tell you why:

By 2010, the Nets and the Knicks may get under salary cap but even if they had enough money to sign Lebron they won't have enough money to add another all star to play along side him but you know who will? The Cavs because they'll have 20-25 million to spend that off season. By having the Bird rights to Lebron they can sign a solid player first and THEN sign Lebron.

By 2010, the pistons- the celtics- will be in rebuilding mode. You can throw the Wizards into that mix too. Cleveland will be a young deep team by then with J.J. Hickson (who will surprise MANY), Daniel Gibson, Mo Williams, and etc. Right now the ONLY teams standing in their way are the Magic, Pistons, and Celtics so by the time Lebron's contract is up Cleveland will be even MORE of a contender then they are now.

By 2010, The knicks and Nets will be SOOOO horrible that Lebron would probly prefer Cleveland over those two based on him NOT wanting to start all over again in his prime by understanding that it could take those franchises some time to build around him and not having the financial flexibility to make moves (because of his contract) would make matters even worst.

Nike may be able to offer more but Lebron DEFINITELY will NOT leave a contender to play for teams who are rebuilding. If anything I could see him going to the LAKERS who are proven franchises not the Knicks or Nots

You guys act as if Lebron WORSHIPS the ground Jay Z walks on. He respects him, he's friends with him BUT I HAVE NEVER heard of a man relocating because of his relationship with another man unless you know they're both like that if you know what I mean.

In other words New York fans, don't let that media let you guys down with false hope!

Iodine
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Who gives a ****(click) (http://interactive.usc.edu/members/mchuri/Empty_space2.jpg)

superkegger
09-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Lebron is not leaving for the Knicks or the Nets so if you're a fan of those respective teams don't get your hopes up cause it's most definitely not happening and I'll tell you why:

By 2010, the Nets and the Knicks may get under salary cap but even if they had enough money to sign Lebron they won't have enough money to add another all star to play along side him but you know who will? The Cavs because they'll have 20-25 million to spend that off season. By having the Bird rights to Lebron they can sign a solid player first and THEN sign Lebron.

By 2010, the pistons- the celtics- will be in rebuilding mode. You can throw the Wizards into that mix too. Cleveland will be a young deep team by then with J.J. Hickson (who will surprise MANY), Daniel Gibson, Mo Williams, and etc. Right now the ONLY teams standing in their way are the Magic, Pistons, and Celtics so by the time Lebron's contract is up Cleveland will be even MORE of a contender then they are now.

By 2010, The knicks and Nets will be SOOOO horrible that Lebron would probly prefer Cleveland over those two based on him NOT wanting to start all over again in his prime by understanding that it could take those franchises some time to build around him and not having the financial flexibility to make moves (because of his contract) would make matters even worst.

Nike may be able to offer more but Lebron DEFINITELY will NOT leave a contender to play for teams who are rebuilding. If anything I could see him going to the LAKERS who are proven franchises not the Knicks or Nots

You guys act as if Lebron WORSHIPS the ground Jay Z walks on. He respects him, he's friends with him BUT I HAVE NEVER heard of a man relocating because of his relationship with another man unless you know they're both like that if you know what I mean.

In other words New York fans, don't let that media let you guys down with false hope!

In the summer of 2010, the Cavs, at this point will only have Gibson, Hickson and Mo Williams under contract. They'll most likely resign Pavlovic, but who else? Sure they'll have money to spend, but LeBron is not going to wait around for the Cavs to sign someone else to play with him. Plus what assurances does that new star signing with cleveland have that Lebron won't leave? none.

But besides that, you probably haven't looked and New Jersey's roster. Devin Harris a very good pg, who will only get better. CDR, Boone, Sean Williams, Yi, Lopez, all guys that are going to get better, and some very attractive young talent. Plus they'll probably bundle VC off somewhere before too long and get something decent in return.

As for NY. Its the grandest stage there is man, and if LeBron wants to play there, it would be no surprise. Especially not under D'Antoni and his system. LeBron loves the limelight, and to be on the biggest stage.
There is a very good possibility that LeBron bolts in 2010, don't let your illogic convince you otherwise.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
In the summer of 2010, the Cavs, at this point will only have Gibson, Hickson and Mo Williams under contract. They'll most likely resign Pavlovic, but who else? Sure they'll have money to spend, but LeBron is not going to wait around for the Cavs to sign someone else to play with him. Plus what assurances does that new star signing with cleveland have that Lebron won't leave? none.

But besides that, you probably haven't looked and New Jersey's roster. Devin Harris a very good pg, who will only get better. CDR, Boone, Sean Williams, Yi, Lopez, all guys that are going to get better, and some very attractive young talent. Plus they'll probably bundle VC off somewhere before too long and get something decent in return.

As for NY. Its the grandest stage there is man, and if LeBron wants to play there, it would be no surprise. Especially not under D'Antoni and his system. LeBron loves the limelight, and to be on the biggest stage.
There is a very good possibility that LeBron bolts in 2010, don't let your illogic convince you otherwise.

CDR? LMAO hahahahaha
I'd take Hickson over ALL of those front court Nets players that you named BECAUSE his post game is ALREADY further ahead then theirs PLUS he LOVES to play with his back to the basket. As far as Vince, he's peeked so they're not going to get NOTHING for him in return. Devin Harris or Mo Williams? Hmmmm lets see. I'd take Williams right now because he's a better SCORER and his assist are right up there with Harris.

New York is NOT the biggest stage. If they were players would be running to play there. The lights and camera's might be cute but the front office is a DISASTER.

$ NyC $
09-11-2008, 12:59 PM
New york IS the biggest stage and every1 knows that its the Mecca of bball. It has the biggest market and just because your scared LeBrons leaving your team 4 NY doesn't make Hickson the next KG.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 01:05 PM
New york IS the biggest stage and every1 knows that its the Mecca of bball. It has the biggest market and just because your scared LeBrons leaving your team 4 NY doesn't make Hickson the next KG.

I don't think it's the basketball mecca and I live on the east coast. I think Lakerland is the PROFESSIONAL mecca of Basketball not New York- L.A. has more stars, better weather, more tradition. Heck Boston has more tradition then New York. The Knicks haven't done anything special in almost 30+ years. As a matter of fact, Reggie Miller has build his career off of New Yorks Failures.

Don't let the New York media do it to you.

cuttygiantsfan
09-11-2008, 01:08 PM
it will be the spurs...guarenteed

cuttygiantsfan
09-11-2008, 01:08 PM
tony
manu
lebron
duncan
idk/idc

Lo Porto
09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
New York is a much bigger stage than Cleveland will ever be. You do make some good points that the Nets and Knicks won't be too established after the next 2 seasons, but neither will the Cavs. The fact is that Cleveland is probably the 5th best team in the East and is not getting better. Ilgauskus, Wallace and Szczerbiak are all on the decline. Gibson will only be a role player his whole career as will Sasha and the others. Mo Williams is rather good, but you can't win without a strong post game anymore. The young guys might get better, but key old guys are declining fast. Cleveland will be rebuilding come 2010 and be in the same spot as NY and NJ.

If you're LeBron, do you stay and continue to be second tier playing with Mo Williams and role players? OR Do you go to NY and play with Jamal Crawford, Danilo and David Lee or go to NJ and play with Devin Harris, Yi and others? As of now, the NY and NJ rosters look better and New York is a much bigger stage which could take him to or past Kobe status in 2 years....

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 01:32 PM
New York is a much bigger stage than Cleveland will ever be. You do make some good points that the Nets and Knicks won't be too established after the next 2 seasons, but neither will the Cavs. The fact is that Cleveland is probably the 5th best team in the East and is not getting better. Ilgauskus, Wallace and Szczerbiak are all on the decline. Gibson will only be a role player his whole career as will Sasha and the others. Mo Williams is rather good, but you can't win without a strong post game anymore. The young guys might get better, but key old guys are declining fast. Cleveland will be rebuilding come 2010 and be in the same spot as NY and NJ.

If you're LeBron, do you stay and continue to be second tier playing with Mo Williams and role players? OR Do you go to NY and play with Jamal Crawford, Danilo and David Lee or go to NJ and play with Devin Harris, Yi and others? As of now, the NY and NJ rosters look better and New York is a much bigger stage which could take him to or past Kobe status in 2 years....

New York is a bigger stage then Cleveland and I'll agree with you on that. However, Lebron is BIGGER then New York. Cleveland has more nationally televised games then New York does so Yeah It's not about the city it's about the player.

Gibson- one of the top 2 three point shooters in the league.
Lebron- one of the top 2 PLAYERS in the league
Mo Williams- One of the top 5 scoring point guards in the league

Now Take Lebron's name out of those three and we still have one of the premiere outside shooters and young point guards in the game. Can you put any of the New York Knick or Net players in top anything? What kind of post players do they have? What kind of money will they have to get help for Lebron after they sign him?

Don't talk to me about roster talent when the Nets and the Knicks are the LEAGUES worst teams. How in the heck do you allow the Hawks to be better then you????

On top of that, Cleveland is one of the top defensive teams in the league so the only problem we had was offense and we just added some so it's safe to say that we're a contender now and you guys are setting yourselves up to get heartbroken and yes you will be disappointed.

Iodine
09-11-2008, 01:32 PM
CDR? LMAO hahahahaha
I'd take Hickson over ALL of those front court Nets players that you named BECAUSE his post game is ALREADY further ahead then theirs PLUS he LOVES to play with his back to the basket. As far as Vince, he's peeked so they're not going to get NOTHING for him in return. Devin Harris or Mo Williams? Hmmmm lets see. I'd take Williams right now because he's a better SCORER and his assist are right up there with Harris.

New York is NOT the biggest stage. If they were players would be running to play there. The lights and camera's might be cute but the front office is a DISASTER.
CaPs R nOT COOl DUDE

Iodine
09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
However, Lebron is BIGGER then New York.

Nobody is bigger than new york.

superkegger
09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
CaPs R nOT COOl DUDE

YES they ARE IODINE. U r a TOOL.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Nobody is bigger than new york.

There's a reason why New York is starving for Lebron.......It's ALL about Lebron not the stinkin' knicks. Atlanta is better then the Knicks so if anything I can see him going to Atlanta before the knicks another young talented team in the warm climate on a big stage. New York is hype. Shame on the media for giving false hope

Lo Porto
09-11-2008, 01:50 PM
To say Gibson is a top 2 shooter is a joke. Since when is Gibson Michael Redd all the sudden? Craig Hodges and John Paxson were unreal shooters, but they were still just role players. Horace, Pippen, Rod Harper and others were more important. Regardless, Cleveland is not a top 10 NBA team and yet they have the 2nd best player in the game. Kind of sad really. Cleveland management has not proven that they can put players next to LeBron to make the team an elite franchise. They just got Mo, but he doesn't put them over the top. Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, Toronto and Detroit look better right now.

Sure New York has been terrible, but the main culprit and reason for all the losing is gone. D'Antoni is a much better coach and Walsh a much better GM than Isaiah. Don't be surprised to see the Knicks in the playoff hunt this year. The Nets are rebuilding, but I like the supporting cast they could provide in 2010 better than anything Cleveland will have.

NYKnickFanatic
09-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Who gives a ****(click) (http://interactive.usc.edu/members/mchuri/Empty_space2.jpg)

Lmao.

$ NyC $
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Your prob. just nervous you might lose LeBron. Ok, Mo is a great PG but he isn't making them champions. What other players do the Cavs have? Mr. Booby is gonna average tops 16 ppg his whole career and their older players are leaving. Sasha is a normal player, Varajeao sucks, who's gonna b your center? New Jersey or soon 2 b Brooklyn is ready with young talent and cap room and as a Knick fan I'd still say i think any1 would rather play 4 the Nets in 2010 than Cleveland. And stop talking about the weather like it's that big a deal. Wow, Atlanta's warm im gonna sign there. New York is the Mecca of basketball it has nothing 2 do with the media. We were one of the first ever franchises and just because we haven't been the best league in the team 4 a while doesn't mean anything. Not like the Spurs have been champions their whole lives or the Pistons.

Hellcrooner
09-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Look like someone is shivering and shaking in utter fear and does not know wht to say to appalacete his own conscience.

Come on !!!

Broadway or uhhh ehhhhhh ahhhh ?????????

Woody allen in the Msg or ehhhhh uuuhhhh ahhhhhh uhhh ???????

Empire State or uuuuuu ehhhhhhhhh uppppppp.............??????????

Go watch the YANKESS, GIANTS, RANGERS or the ....Indians :p Browns :p???

Top Models or uuuuhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhh ?????????????

Get Real man.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
To say Gibson is a top 2 shooter is a joke. Since when is Gibson Michael Redd all the sudden? Craig Hodges and John Paxson were unreal shooters, but they were still just role players. Horace, Pippen, Rod Harper and others were more important. Regardless, Cleveland is not a top 10 NBA team and yet they have the 2nd best player in the game. Kind of sad really. Cleveland management has not proven that they can put players next to LeBron to make the team an elite franchise. They just got Mo, but he doesn't put them over the top. Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, Toronto and Detroit look better right now.

Sure New York has been terrible, but the main culprit and reason for all the losing is gone. D'Antoni is a much better coach and Walsh a much better GM than Isaiah. Don't be surprised to see the Knicks in the playoff hunt this year. The Nets are rebuilding, but I like the supporting cast they could provide in 2010 better than anything Cleveland will have.

Statistic suggest that Gibson is a much better shooter then Redd. I can only go by FG percentages and 3 points made. Cleveland isn't top 10 in the regular season that I will agree on but in the playoffs NOBODY likes to play Cleveland. How do you know if Mo puts them over the top or not? The season hasn't started first of all so your statement is full of assumptions. On paper those teams LOOK better but the game has to be played on the court and the Cavaliers are the ONLY team that has made the Celtics nervous last post season. The Postseason before that they knocked the Pistons out in 6 so the fact is THEY ARE CONTENDERS right now. D'Antoni is GARBAGE. He had Marion, Nash, Stoudamire, and last year shaq and he couldn't win with them so how in the heck is he going to help a HORRIBLE Knicks team? The Nets won't have much in 2010 ten REMEMBER they're not willing to pay people cause they're trying to sign Lebron but They're going to forced to sign Harris and Boone by then. Hey when does Harris and Boones contracts end again?

J.J. Hickson has yet to hit the court yet so you don't know what kind of player he is nor do I but I will say this, if he averages close to a double double in his rookie year that would give us ANOTHER player to some years to go along with that big phat cap space we're going to have.

Lo Porto
09-11-2008, 02:42 PM
The only way Cleveland keeps LeBron is if they put together a better roster to win more games. Cleveland has some of the most attractive expiring contracts in the game (Wally and Eric Snow), and yet management has done nothing to trade those guys for a player to help Cleveland win. They used other expirings to get Mo Williams, but Mo just fit one of many needs. Cleveland still has no good PF and a very injury prone post anyway.

Cleveland should not worry about money and go get players that could help them win right away. Think about the players they could get with just Wally's contract (Kirilenko, Al Harrington, Blount, Milicic, and even Zach Randolph). Cleveland's management will be why LeBron leaves...

Lo Porto
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I can't believe you actually walked into my trap. You are going to compare Gibson to Redd really? Gibson is not even starter quality on most teams yet Redd is a Gold Medal winner and all star. Get real buddy.

Everything is on paper right now I agree. But combos of Miller/Iggy/Brand/Dalembert, Calderon/O'Neal/Bosh, Allen/Pierce/Garnett, and Billups/Rip/Tayshaun/Sheed are better teams than Cleveland's Mo/LeBron/Z.

Note: Boston's biggest scare of the postseason was Atlanta so watch what you say about the Hawks. Keep an eye on them, they could pass Cleveland.

$ NyC $
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Atlanta was the Celtics biggest scare and i gaurantee you Mo williams isn't putting them over the top. I saw Hickson play in the summer league your saying he's averaging a double double this season? Your dreamin. And it doesn't matter if the Suns didn't win a championship they were always one of the best teams in the league, better than the Cavs

1-800-STFU
09-11-2008, 02:56 PM
CaPs R nOT COOl DUDE

CAPS LOCK IS COOL ON CRUISE CONTROL :eyebrow:

Iodine
09-11-2008, 02:58 PM
CAPS LOCK IS COOL ON CRUISE CONTROL :eyebrow:

:pity: is it time for us to kill eachother again to show how big our dicks are on the internet?(and I def won last time)

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Sounds like another disgruntled Cleveland fan...Under his current Nike contract, Lebron would make a lot more money if he went to a bigger market. Examples:Los Angeles or NYC. There is no doubt in my mind that he will definitely test the market when he becomes a free agent and the team that has the best core players coming back and the biggest market will probably win the Lebron sweepstakes.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Atlanta was the Celtics biggest scare and i gaurantee you Mo williams isn't putting them over the top. I saw Hickson play in the summer league your saying he's averaging a double double this season? Your dreamin. And it doesn't matter if the Suns didn't win a championship they were always one of the best teams in the league, better than the Cavs

Yeah that was quite the game 7 scare now wasn't it? LOL. As far as Hickson and Mo, you or I don't know but Knick Fans are pros at "Assuming things" just like yall assumed Isiah would turn yall around when he got there, just like yall "assumed" Zach Randolph would help yall out and just like yall are assuming that D'Antoni is gonna turn you guys around.

First it was, Lebron needs help in Cleveland and now it's Mo isn't enough. What??? Lebron by HIMSELF is enough anything else is icing on the cake. What do New York fans know about Basketball anyway??? Heck yall hometown hero's are Patrick Ewww-wing and Stephon Stall-bury.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Sounds like another disgruntled Cleveland fan...Under his current Nike contract, Lebron would make a lot more money if he went to a bigger market. Examples:Los Angeles or NYC. There is no doubt in my mind that he will definitely test the market when he becomes a free agent and the team that has the best core players coming back and the biggest market will probably win the Lebron sweepstakes.

Show me the proof or are you just another assuming Knick fan who ends up wrong and disappointed year after year?

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Kiss Ma Grits, if you think that Marbury is our hero, you are ********...there are so few people, and I mean like 10 people, who still want Marbury on our team. Lebron is one of my favorite players, but he won't be able to get to the finals on his own again. He will be leaving Cleveland for a team with great role players and maybe even another semi star on the team.

1-800-STFU
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah that was quite the game 7 scare now wasn't it? LOL. As far as Hickson and Mo, you or I, don't know but Knick Fan's are pros at "Assuming things" just like yall assumed Isiah would turn yall around when he got there. Just like yall "assumed" Zach Randolph would help yall out and just like yall are assuming that D'Antoni is gonna turn you guys around.

First, Lebron needs help in Cleveland and now it's Mo isn't enough(The hell?). What??? Lebron by HIMSELF is enough anything else is icing on the cake. What do New York fans know about Basketball anyway??? Heck yall hometown hero's are Patrick Ewww-wing and Stephon Stall-bury.

You are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
You want the proof, here it is: http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=1463 . And for the proof inside the article, "The common belief amongst many people is that LeBron would just use the escalators in his Nike contract if he goes to New York to make up the difference. That’s fair. The clause exists, and we can’t ignore it. But you know what? The Nike contract was a 7 year deal worth $90 million and is set to expire the same time his Cavaliers contract does. Some people will say that this gives the New York market an advantage because Nike can steer LeBron towards the “big market”."
Happy?

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Show me the proof or are you just another assuming Knick fan who ends up wrong and disappointed year after year?

If Lebron played on the knicks current roster they'd fair worst then the cavs because NONE OF THEM play defense.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
You want the proof, here it is: http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=1463 . And for the proof inside the article, "The common belief amongst many people is that LeBron would just use the escalators in his Nike contract if he goes to New York to make up the difference. That’s fair. The clause exists, and we can’t ignore it. But you know what? The Nike contract was a 7 year deal worth $90 million and is set to expire the same time his Cavaliers contract does. Some people will say that this gives the New York market an advantage because Nike can steer LeBron towards the “big market”."
Happy?

It's from a media source NOT nike. I seen that article. wow, lmao

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Duhon is a better defender than Mo. Q/Chandler are better defenders than Wally, Delonte, and any other guard on the Cavs. Ben Wallace is getting older and Z gets injured too often. Plus, both of them only block shots and rebound...neither of them, aside from the Wallace from 5 years ago, was ever known as a defensive stopper... I give it another year or two of decent stats for Z and Wallace before they decline rapidly...as in, one year they are ok, and the next they suck. If the Cavs don't get a better Center, they are fcked with Lebron...and bud, Grits, that's from a Cavs media outlet...use your damn head. Every person with intelligence and knowledge of contracts, know that athletes get paid more in larger markets because the name gets thrown around more and they would get more media coverage being in a BIGGER CITY.

SeoulBeatz
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Daniel Gibson, hickson, and mo williams isnt as great as u think it is.

New York is the biggest market in the world.

Lebron would thrive here regardless of what team u surround him with because New York fans are hungrier than anyone elses because their team has sucked for the past 5 years or so (trust me i know New York is like my home away from home and im actualy at NYU right now)

wtf is in cleveland?

Iodine
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Dude your a cleveland fan
Last I checked you have never won a game in the finals
Ewing has more points than your franchises top 2 players COMBINED
He has more rebounds with your chises top 2 playes combines
More blocks than the top 3
Walt frazier ***** on the assists and had almost more steals in half his carrer than your all time leader
The ammount of 10000 point player or 5000 rebound players the knicks have ***** on the entire fanchise of cleveland
Walt bellamy ***** on points and rebounds

and I ****ing hate the knicks but you cant compare one of the great franchises thats greatest memory is when they almost werent swept by the spurs

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
I love it when people stick up for Knicks fans even though they hate them. It shows that SOME people have intelligence and know things about the market and how it relates to basketball/why NY (or LA bc they are also have a huger market) has the best chance to land Lebron. ...unlike you, Grits.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Team defense is more important them Individual defense. It takes 5 guys for a team to be efficient. Our TEAM defense is better then New Yorks because our coach places emphasis on it. Heck you guys had Larry Brown and your defense was NOTHING close to Detroits. Not to mention, how's the trade talks coming along with Zach and other teams hmmmm? You won't have the cap anyway. Nobody wants Curry, Nobody wants that head case declining Randolph. When Cleveland did talk to the Knicks it was about DAVID LEE not those two over paid scrubs. They're not going anywhere, anytime soon. So deal with it New York.

DeeJay
09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't think it's the basketball mecca and I live on the east coast. I think Lakerland is the PROFESSIONAL mecca of Basketball not New York- L.A. has more stars, better weather, more tradition. Heck Boston has more tradition then New York. The Knicks haven't done anything special in almost 30+ years. As a matter of fact, Reggie Miller has build his career off of New Yorks Failures.

Don't let the New York media do it to you.

better weather?

:laugh2:

Clown.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Lebron has always talked about playing for a winner something New York doesn't have. We're going to have funds to bring in a player to go WITH Mo and Lebron not to mention in 2009 we'll have the expiring contracts of both Z AND Ben Wallace. We're in position to make a big move from this year up to 2010. Do your homework Knick fans. Check out the Cavaliers salary. Somebodies going to be rebuilding and we're going to be there to snatch them cause we have the contracts to make the moves that you don't so go on ahead and keep dreaming the false dream....one things for sure we have him already and you don't anything else is "assumption" again something New York fans love to do.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 03:27 PM
better weather?

:laugh2:

Clown.

Clown? LMAO now that's funny

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Dude are you ********? Brown only does well when he has a good team...which is why nobody knows why he went to Charlotte to coach. Randolph will be traded before that season, in fact he might be traded to the Grizz before the season starts. Now let's run down the contracts and see how much potential space we could have when Lebron is a free agent.
Right now we are 39 mill over the cap. Subtract Mardy Collins, Duhon, Jerome James, Malik Rose, Anthony Roberson, Quentin Richardson and Stephon Marbury and we are already got rid of 57 million from our cap putting us at 40,443,748. Curry's contract ends in 2 years also, when Lebron becomes an unrestricted FA so that takes off another $9,723,983which then puts us at 30,719,765 which is, right now but will be more when the Cap increases as it does every year, $24,910,235. With that money we would be able to sign Lebron...so please get your facts straight about the cap. If we wait out on our long term contracts, we have the best chance of getting him. And, everyone knows that Dolan is willing to spend money well above the cap.

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
About New York not being better than Cleveland in terms of winning in history, here are some quick facts on Cleveland.
First NBA Championship: None
Last NBA Championship: None
Other NBA Championships: None
Number of Conference Championships: One
Number of Division Championships: One
Number of Playoff Appearances: 15

Here is the stuff for the Knicks:
First NBA Championship: 1970
Last NBA Championship: 1973
Number of Conference Championships: Four
Number of Division Championships: Eight
Number of Playoff Appearances: 38

Hmmm...I think the Knicks have the better history of winning.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok, I have no respect for New York fans anymore. I may be from Cleveland, but tell me something why did lebron sign an extension in 2006 if he wants to leave so badly. NEW YORK SUCKS AT BASKETBALL, end of sentence, dont argue. If lebron went to New York he would be worst there. Do you think he is going straight to NJ or NY right when free agency starts in 2010? NO, he will see who the cavs sign, remember we have camp space that year we can sign Dwayne Wade, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Etc. YOu New Yorks are all like, "we might suck now, but wait till 2010, then we will be good we will have lebron." WHAT?!?!?!?! are you that stupid? no body cares about 2010 yet, lebron doesnt care, as of right now he cant see him self going anywhere else. HE LOVES CLEVELAND, and he is almost a g-d here. What r new york fans going to say if they get lebron and they suck, somehting like "wait two more years we'll get kobe?" All cleveland is looking forward too is winnning this year and next, SOMETHING NEW YORK CANT DO! and your really gonna say new york plays better D than Cleveland.
Ben wallace>David LEe.
LeBron James(Awesome defender nobody realizes it)>Jamaal Crawford
Mo Williams<Stephon MArbury (I'll give you this one,but mo will start trying cuz hes with lebron).
Wally Szczerbiak= wow Danillo Galinari (hes like a god, but HE HASNT played a second yet of his career)
Big Z>Zack Randolph (NO D AT ALL)

I just have to say new york fans are BUMS. Same wit you new jersey.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 03:35 PM
About New York not being better than Cleveland in terms of winning in history, here are some quick facts on Cleveland.
First NBA Championship: None
Last NBA Championship: None
Number of Conference Championships: One
Number of Division Championships: One
Number of Playoff Appearances: 15

Here is the stuff for the Knicks:
First NBA Championship: 1970
Last NBA Championship: 1973
Number of Conference Championships: Four
Number of Division Championships: Eight
Number of Playoff Appearances: 38

Hmmm...I think the Knicks have the better history of winning.

IT DOESNT MATTER ABOUT HISTORY, HE WANTS TO WIN NOW. YOUR AN IDIOT!

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM
LOL I'm the idiot? How can you say he'll be worse there. Mike Brown doesn't even know how to use Lebron...they don't play an uptempo game that Lebron should be playing in. If he were to play with D'Antoni, he would probably average close to a triple double, closes in history since Oscar did it. Holy crap...after seeing Bynum get the 4th best center position in the NBA according to psd fans here, even though I don't care about that anymore, I thought that the Lakers had the dumbest fans (nothing personal but you guys are too cocky)...I have quickly changed my mind though and now realize that Cavs fans, at least the ones posting here, have the least intelligence. Lebron is almost a god in Cleveland...last I checked NYC had a population MUCH bigger than Cleveland...he would be treated even more like a god here. Not to mention all the publicity he would get and extra money he would get from Nike. If you think Lebron loves Cleveland so much, please tell me why he is always spotted wearing a Yankees hat?

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 03:43 PM
LOL I'm the idiot? How can you say he'll be worse there. Mike Brown doesn't even know how to use Lebron...they don't play an uptempo game that Lebron should be playing in. If he were to play with D'Antoni, he would probably average close to a triple double, closes in history since Oscar did it. Holy crap...after seeing Bynum get the 4th best center position in the NBA according to psd fans here, even though I don't care about that anymore, I thought that the Lakers had the dumbest fans (nothing personal but you guys are too cocky)...I have quickly changed my mind though and now realize that Cavs fans, at least the ones posting here, have the least intelligence. Lebron is almost a god in Cleveland...last I checked NYC had a population MUCH bigger than Cleveland...he would be treated even more like a god here. Not to mention all the publicity he would get and extra money he would get from Nike. If you think Lebron loves Cleveland so much, please tell me why he is always spotted wearing a Yankees hat?

CUZ HE IS A YANKEES FAN. HE HAS BEEN ONE SINCE HE WAS A KID. THAT DOESNT MEAN HES GONNA GO TO THE ****ING KNICKS. I DONT CARE IF I GET REPORTED FOR THAT BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR A IDIOT. YOU PISS ME OFF. You wanna hear my real opinion, the knicks spend to much time thinking about lebron when u can simply make a trade for AI or Carmelo and then be better. And no lebron would not average a triple double with the knicks cuz every1 sucks on the knicks. THATS MY OPINION ON NEW YORK!

JMan17
09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
IT DOESNT MATTER ABOUT HISTORY, HE WANTS TO WIN NOW. YOUR AN IDIOT!

and you think he's gonna win with the cavs? are you out of you're mind!? not only the cavs has an office that can't surround him with talent, they are the biggest loser states i ever known!

the browns=they don't win ****
the inidans=they don't win ****
the cavs=they don't win ****

who wins in Cleveland really? Also lebron even said that one of his goals in life was to become a billionaire. by going to new york weather they suck or not, HE WILL MAKE MORE MONEY THEN ANYBODY IN THE NBA THAT COULD EVER DREAM OF MAKING!

lastly the only reason he signed an extension in 2006 was because he was only 21 freakin years old and in 2010 he will be 25.

JMan17
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
CUZ HE IS A YANKEES FAN. HE HAS BEEN ONE SINCE HE WAS A KID. THAT DOESNT MEAN HES GONNA GO TO THE ****ING KNICKS. I DONT CARE IF I GET REPORTED FOR THAT BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR A IDIOT. YOU PISS ME OFF. You wanna hear my real opinion, the knicks spend to much time thinking about lebron when u can simply make a trade for AI or Carmelo and then be better. And no lebron would not average a triple double with the knicks cuz every1 sucks on the knicks. THATS MY OPINION ON NEW YORK!

wow how much flame bait do you do boy? lol

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
You are the idiot...I like how you use caps though to make yourself sound smarter and a little angry. Has Lebron been spotted wearing any Cleveland team hat, besides the Cavs hat? Nope...And if you really don't think that he would get closer to averaging a triple in New York than in Cleveland, then you don't know basketball. D'Antoni's offense is a lot faster than Brown's. D's is run and gun and uses big guys to make good passes-Diaw averaged 6 assists with D and Lebron has a lot better court vision than Diaw. D's offense also means more possesions on both offense and defense which gives him more opportunities to score, more opportunities to get assists, and a lot more opportunities to get rebounds...that part is common sense. Also when was the last time the state of Cleveland won a championship in any sport? Boston, NY, and LA have the biggest markets AND have the best history of winning in sports in the country...

Iodine
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
CAPLOCK MAKES YOU INTIMADATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
and you think he's gonna win with the cavs? are you out of you're mind!? not only the cavs has an office that can't surround him with talent, they are the biggest loser states i ever known!

who wins in Cleveland really? Also lebron even said that one of his goals in life was to become a billionaire. by going to new york weather they suck or not, HE WILL MAKE MORE MONEY THEN ANYBODY IN THE NBA THAT COULD EVER DREAM OF MAKING!

lastly the only reason he signed an extension in 2006 was because he was only 21 freakin years old and in 2010 he will be 25.

i guarantee lebron takes the option in 2011 and stays with the cavs. You dont understadn. DAnny ferry has so many trades up his sleeve. Wow cleveland doesnt win, oh well. last tiem i checked the browns had 14 championships. and the indians have 2 world series. Lebron wants his home town to win the nba championship when hes on the team. The cavs with lebron is a way better team than the knicks with lebron

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Ferry has so many trades up his sleeve? Really? Why haven't there been any rumors or speculation about Ferry making a possible trade...if Ferry is such a good GM, why couldn't he come to a contract negotiation with West yet? The starting PG from his team last year. Also, the Knicks with Lebron would be a lot better than the Cavs with Lebron. We are not only a lot deeper, but we are also younger and more athletic...and we have the better coach who plays the style that Lebron would play best at, and with a coach that he has admitted multiple times before that he would love to play for and loves his system...

JMan17
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
i guarantee lebron takes the option in 2011 and stays with the cavs. You dont understadn. DAnny ferry has so many trades up his sleeve. Wow cleveland doesnt win, oh well. last tiem i checked the browns had 14 championships. and the indians have 2 world series. Lebron wants his home town to win the nba championship when hes on the team. The cavs with lebron is a way better team than the knicks with lebron

browns won 4 not 14 lol

Lo Porto
09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
LeBron stayed in Cleveland for 2 reasons - he could get more money from Cleveland and they just won their way to the Finals. If he opts out of his next contract, he can get just as much money per year elsewhere and play for a team that actually has a shot of giving him more endorsement money and wins. He stayed in Cleveland the first time because he thought the next step was a title. Little did he know, Cavs management would do nothing to truly improve the team to get to title status.

New York will spend the money and make the trades to put a team around LeBron. Cleveland hasn't...

Lo Porto
09-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm not a Knick or Net fan. I'm a Jazz fan and I think LeBron should leave Cleveland if the Cavs management can't get their head out of their *** and use Wally's expiring contract to get a player they need now. Cleveland will be a 2nd-round-of-the-playoffs-loser the next 2 years without adding more to the team. If I'm LeBron, I go to New York in 2 years to play in MSG and play for D'Antoni if Cleveland management doesn't do it's job.

cmstophe
09-11-2008, 05:03 PM

So the Nets have a bunch of young role players who will "get better". Right. Definately convincing.

bogdanrom
09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the teams involved I could care less who gets him, but if the Cavs don't do something more serious than getting Mo then Lebron will leave. Danny Ferry has some trades up his sleeve?Ohhh, like getting Wally, and Ben Wallace? Right. C'mon the Cleveland management has not done their best to satisfy one of the best players in the game, and it's brightest young star. They still have time to make amends though. And what is this about New York not being the mecca of basketball? Uhmm, maybe not right now, but if you look all time some of the greatest basketball players and teams(Knicks) are from there. Micheal Jordan was born in NY. NY is a more rich and much bigger stage than Cleveland is and will ever be. The NY(Knicks or Nets) management will be willing to go over the cap to get Lebron and some help. Don't look at their teams now, a lot can happen in 2 years. Just because he signed an extension in 2006 doesn't mean that he will change his mind and go somewhere else.
In the end I don't know if he will stay or leave. There are way too many things that could happen between now and then. If he wants to play on a bigger stage then he will leave, but if he wants to be loyal he will stay.

Apophis
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
CAPLOCK MAKES YOU INTIMADATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

It actually doees.. I am afraid to post in this thread because of it... :hide:

Iodine
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
It actually doees.. I am afraid to post in this thread because of it... :hide:

Are you sure you just don't want to lose IQ points by posting in the NBA board?

Nighthawk
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I highyl doubt Lebron cares whos on the team. He has an ego. I think he believes he can take the Knicks/Nets far. He did carry the sucky cavs tot he finals. Lebron is sooooo going to the Knicks/Nets.. Cavs fans keep dreaming. I dont think it has to do with getting on a better team. He loves New York. Its a waaaay bigger market. He can become even more marketable(is that possible). If you want to become a GLOBAL icon you dont stay in Cleveland.

Beno7500
09-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Lebron won't go to LA. where will they get the money. they won't have it unless they trade Kobe or Gasol or Bynum if he gets that extension he wants.

JMan17
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Lebron won't go to LA. where will they get the money. they won't have it unless they trade Kobe or Gasol or Bynum if he gets that extension he wants.

where the ******* did LA come from? lol you must be scared that he might come to LA lol.

anyway it's either NY or NJ, or europe for 50 mill a year :D

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
its in two years. there are rumors the cavs may try to get joe johnson. and in 2010 we can sign dwayne wade, chris bosh, or amare stoudimire, etc.

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
The players that you listed will be too expensive for the Cavs to make a run at. All of them will want max contracts, aside from JJ who would want something near a max contract...

Iodine
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
its in two years. there are rumors the cavs may try to get joe johnson. and in 2010 we can sign dwayne wade, chris bosh, or amare stoudimire, etc.

why would any of those players want to be a 2nd fiddle at that point of their career with a shoot first PG tandem(or trio if they get west back)

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 08:53 PM
The players that you listed will be too expensive for the Cavs to make a run at. All of them will want max contracts, aside from JJ who would want something near a max contract...

in 2010 we have 30 millions dollars of cap space. you sign one of them first then u can go over the limit to resign someone on ur team

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Like the person before said...none of those players are going to want to play second fiddle when they are in their prime...it's just not going to happen.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 09:10 PM
ur a typical knicks fan

knicks1214
09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
And you're a typical Cavs fan...Dude, did you not read other people's posts? They agree with me more than you and none of them are Knicks fans...

JMKnick33
09-11-2008, 09:30 PM
If Lebron played on the knicks current roster they'd fair worst then the cavs because NONE OF THEM play defense.

Mark my words..by 2010, this 'current' Knicks roster will be completely different. Chandler and Galinari will be on the rise while Nate Robinson and David Lee will be perfect role players for Lebron.

Also, if Lebron wanted to stay in Cleveland his whole career..why did he sign a contract for only, what was it?? 3 or 4 years? Franchise players sign 6-7 year contracts, not a few years.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
cant believe someone really believes james will remain in the cavs.

Yes just like Shaq Remained in Orlando......

Everybody was Spelling L.A since 1994, guess where he ended.

Oh and he definetly had some Company in Orlando like HG and Hardaway but still took the Bigger Market even if it was filled of crap like Van Exel and Jones.

gza4242
09-11-2008, 10:46 PM
LOL j j hickson if he is so great why didnt he go 1 jeezus he will be serviceable but not a all star come on....rookies are always a crap shoot be realistic

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Let me ask you Knicks and Nets fans something: If He really wants to go to the knicks/Nets, or he has the chance to make these nike incenatives, or he wants to play with Jay Z, and Cleveland sucks like you say then why didn't he go there after his contract was up the first time?

C'mon knick fans make sense out of that......I'm waiting......

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 10:50 PM
cant believe someone really believes james will remain in the cavs.

Yes just like Shaq Remained in Orlando......

Everybody was Spelling L.A since 1994, guess where he ended.

Oh and he definetly had some Company in Orlando like HG and Hardaway but still took the Bigger Market even if it was filled of crap like Van Exel and Jones.

Yeah but Shaq went to LA after his rookie contract was up but Lebron DIDN'T bolt for New York like the media said the first time so I would like to hear you intelligently elaborate on why? Because you guys make it seem as if he's hungry to go to New York.

JMan17
09-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Let me ask you Knicks and Nets fans something: If He really wants to go to the knicks/Nets, or he has the chance to make these nike incenatives, or he wants to play with Jay Z, and Cleveland sucks like you say then why didn't he go there after his contract was up the first time?

lol dude did you not read page 4 and the beginning of page 5? read you're own thread dude lol

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 10:58 PM
lol dude did you not read page 4 and the beginning of page 5? read you're own thread dude lol

I thought would would intelligently explain it to me because if I wanted to go to a big city I would have after my rookie contract was up, many thought Lebron would too but they ATE CROW. You guys make it sound like he's gonna get ALL of these extra bonuses for playing in a big market so if that's the case AGAIN, why didn't he go to the big city ESSPECIALLY when he hates Cleveland like you guys say. Oh I forgot, you all believe he's a loser too because he's North East Ohio Bred and they always fail remember, lol. Nice to see the glass flippers on the other foot.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Basically because when his rookie contract expired none of the teams that are included in his contract with nike had the money to sign him , not the BUlls, Not the Nets not the Knicks and much less the Lakers .

He is not going to leave for Phoenix or Mavericks, and he is not going to leave for any other team not on the above list ( except maybe given the right circumstances clippers¿).

SAVAGE CLAW
09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Let me Guess you are like 14 to 18 and you got interested in Basketball in 2003 when Lebron entered the league and made yourself a fan of cleveland because of Lebron.

Am i right?

SAVAGE CLAW
09-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Tell me my friend how many people on the all time 50 greatest has not played for one of this teams?

Knicks, Celtics,Sixers,Hawks,Bullets,Pistons,Bucks,Bulls.

Lakers,Warriors,Blazers,Spurs,Rockets,Jazz,Sonics.

Thats all, there is not the big day of triumph for tiny Memphis or Cleveland man, your stars always end up bolting to a bigger city or team.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 11:05 PM

lastly the only reason he signed an extension in 2006 was because he was only 21 freakin years old and in 2010 he will be 25

So basically you're saying that he signed that contract because he wasn't smart enough at 21??? Tell that to his management who found loop holes in the new cba rules or did you forget that? Basically New York fans sound so absurd because they can't even explain why he didn't sign with the knicks OR the Nets the first time.

theimortalone
09-11-2008, 11:08 PM
CaPs R nOT COOl DUDE

Lol you crack me up Iodine!!!

theimortalone
09-11-2008, 11:09 PM
NO Bron is coming to Phoenix ;) Totally kidding, I doubt that would ever happen. Him and Amare would be an amazing force to reckon with!

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Basically because when his rookie contract expired none of the teams that are included in his contract with nike had the money to sign him , not the BUlls, Not the Nets not the Knicks and much less the Lakers .

He is not going to leave for Phoenix or Mavericks, and he is not going to leave for any other team not on the above list ( except maybe given the right circumstances clippers¿).

They couldn't offer him the most money then and they can't now so if Nike had a clause that said he'd make twice as more if he played in New York then his contract with Cleveland wouldn't have made a difference right because the Nike contract would have made up for the differences. He could have easily signed a small contract with the knicks or the nets and got the nike "Incenative" that you're all talking about so you still sound absurd. Remember what most of yall said, he could become a billionaire in New York, lmao.

Keep trying to make nonsense of it though.

KnicksWin
09-11-2008, 11:15 PM
ANALYST: KNICKS WORTH $500 MILLION
IF CABLEVISION SELLS, SPORTS TEAMS VALUABLE
Comments: 0 Read Comments Leave a Comment AP
Posted: 4:09 pm
August 5, 2008

An analyst commenting on the desire of Cablevision to sell off some of its holdings said today the KnicksNew York Knicks likely are worth $500 million, well above the NBA average franchise value of $150 million.

Andrew Zimbalist, a sports economist with Smith College, said the intertwined contracts between Cablevision, the Madison Square Garden arena and TV network, and the Knicks, RangersNew York Rangers and Liberty make determining team values difficult.

But he also estimated the Rangers' price to be $300 million, assuming the arena and cable contracts were broken.

"There's a very special media market in New York for sports teams," Zimbalist told The Associated Press. "There is significant value over and above the average franchise because of the market."

Forbes magazine ranked the Knicks as the most valuable franchise in the NBA at $608 million in its 2007 rankings, which includes an estimate for the arena deal. Cablevision paid $300 million for the Knicks in 1997, the magazine said.

Robert Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television, paid $300 million for the Charlotte Bobcats expansion team in 2003, one of the last NBA teams to be sold. Hockey's Edmonton Oilers, a storied franchise in a small media market, recently sold for about $200 million.

Cablevision said today it is considering several options to boost its stock price, including spinning off some of its diverse holdings. It did not say which businesses it would consider selling.

Cablevision recently spent $650 million to buy Newsday. It also owns Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon Theater, and operates the country's fifth-largest cable system.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08052008/sports/knicks/analyst__knicks_worth_500_million_123141.htm

If LB would consider going to Europe for 50 Mil, an NBA championship is not #1 on his bucket list right now. He wants money, the NY media you keep saying is garbage is what makes the Knicks so valuable to a star. LB + NY = $$$ He knows it, his agents know it and the media knows it. At the end of the day it is about that dollar and LB is a smart enough business man to know that he can make more in NY than he could anywhere else (in America)...

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Tell me my friend how many people on the all time 50 greatest has not played for one of this teams?

Knicks, Celtics,Sixers,Hawks,Bullets,Pistons,Bucks,Bulls.

Lakers,Warriors,Blazers,Spurs,Rockets,Jazz,Sonics.

Thats all, there is not the big day of triumph for tiny Memphis or Cleveland man, your stars always end up bolting to a bigger city or team.

Here's a fact that you didn't point out: Most of those players REMAINED with the team that drafted them including Jordan, Pippen, Malone, Stockton, Bird, Magic and etc.

The ones that left did so because other teams (not companies) could offer them more then their previous teams or they were traded: Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain, Garnett, etc.

The CBA and Bird rule changed all of that which is why Redd stayed in Milwaukee rather then play along side James and you can say the same for Ray Allen at that time too. Their teams could offer more YEARS and MONEY then any other team, making any sense?

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 11:22 PM
ANALYST: KNICKS WORTH $500 MILLION
IF CABLEVISION SELLS, SPORTS TEAMS VALUABLE
Comments: 0 Read Comments Leave a Comment AP
Posted: 4:09 pm
August 5, 2008

An analyst commenting on the desire of Cablevision to sell off some of its holdings said today the KnicksNew York Knicks likely are worth $500 million, well above the NBA average franchise value of $150 million.

Andrew Zimbalist, a sports economist with Smith College, said the intertwined contracts between Cablevision, the Madison Square Garden arena and TV network, and the Knicks, RangersNew York Rangers and Liberty make determining team values difficult.

But he also estimated the Rangers' price to be $300 million, assuming the arena and cable contracts were broken.

"There's a very special media market in New York for sports teams," Zimbalist told The Associated Press. "There is significant value over and above the average franchise because of the market."

Forbes magazine ranked the Knicks as the most valuable franchise in the NBA at $608 million in its 2007 rankings, which includes an estimate for the arena deal. Cablevision paid $300 million for the Knicks in 1997, the magazine said.

Robert Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television, paid $300 million for the Charlotte Bobcats expansion team in 2003, one of the last NBA teams to be sold. Hockey's Edmonton Oilers, a storied franchise in a small media market, recently sold for about $200 million.

Cablevision said today it is considering several options to boost its stock price, including spinning off some of its diverse holdings. It did not say which businesses it would consider selling.

Cablevision recently spent $650 million to buy Newsday. It also owns Radio City Music Hall and the Beacon Theater, and operates the country's fifth-largest cable system.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08052008/sports/knicks/analyst__knicks_worth_500_million_123141.htm

If LB would consider going to Europe for 50 Mil, an NBA championship is not #1 on his bucket list right now. He wants money, the NY media you keep saying is garbage is what makes the Knicks so valuable to a star. LB + NY = $$$ He knows it, his agents know it and the media knows it. At the end of the day it is about that dollar and LB is a smart enough business man to know that he can make more in NY than he could anywhere else (in America)...

Then why did he resign with Cleveland because this article doesn't explain that and Knick fans still aren't making sense.......I'm still waiting.....

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Lebron + NY= more money, The knicks are worth more then any franchise BUT Lebron resigned with Cleveland, lmao. See how absurd that sounds??? lol hahahahahahahaha.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah i see how Garnett has retired in Minesotta, Ray Allen in Milwaukee, Gasol in Memphis Hardaway in Orlando etc etc.

Man of course if you are lucky enough to be Already DRAFTED by one of the greatest team , you of course are NOT going to move.

If you are in a low market only one thing can avoid that you jump ship and it is WIN the ring in your second year, and then be on the conference finals year in and year out and winning 3 or 4 more rings down the line.

Its funny you dont even mention the ONLY guy that breaks the "Big Market" Rules in this league, Tim Duncan.

BUt man he is a low profile man, wich Lebron isnt, lebron likes the Limelight.

JMan17
09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
I thought would would intelligently explain it to me because if I wanted to go to a big city I would have after my rookie contract was up, many thought Lebron would too but they ATE CROW. You guys make it sound like he's gonna get ALL of these extra bonuses for playing in a big market so if that's the case AGAIN, why didn't he go to the big city ESSPECIALLY when he hates Cleveland like you guys say. Oh I forgot, you all believe he's a loser too because he's North East Ohio Bred and they always fail remember, lol. Nice to see the glass flippers on the other foot.

Ok then i will explain it to you...

Lebron was only 20 or 21 years old then and thought that maybe staying with the cavs and hopefully wait for some improvement in the roster that could win him a ring, so he thought why not. But now with the terrable front office not able to give him that type of roster, and the fact that he will want a LOT of money, teams like the knicks or new jersey can offer him money more then he could dream of ever making. He said himself that one of his life goals was to be a billionaire, and with the indursement deals that he would get there, he would be making more money then A-Rod

JMan17
09-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Here's a fact that you didn't point out: Most of those players REMAINED with the team that drafted them including Jordan, Pippen, Malone, Stockton, Bird, Magic and etc.

all the players you just listed were BIG CITY TEAMS, MJ with chicago=big city team. Bird with boston=big city, stockton with utah=big city, well big city known for basketball. Magic with lakers=BIG CITY. Pippen did not remain he played with the rockets and portland, malone did not remain in utah either, (mabye you forgot about him joining the lakers in 2004)

EVERYBODY ALWAYS REMAINS WITH A BIG CITY TEAM

JMan17
09-12-2008, 12:05 AM
So basically you're saying that he signed that contract because he wasn't smart enough at 21??? Tell that to his management who found loop holes in the new cba rules or did you forget that? Basically New York fans sound so absurd because they can't even explain why he didn't sign with the knicks OR the Nets the first time.

smart enough? no i did not say that, when a player at his age when he was 20 or 21, they will normally resign with the team they were drafted by just to get more comfort and try to be patient for a chance with a better group of guys to compete in the finals.

take Chris Paul for example, he just signed an extension as well, he's only 22 years old and his team played great last year, so he wanted to stay a little longer knowing the fact that getting older in a place he's currently comfortable with will be better for him and he would be still young enough to decide weather not to resign again. But right now the hornets are doing what the cavs should be doing, GETTING PLAYERS. Hornets use to suck and now they are building around him with david west, and the offensive rebound king tyson chandler. Then they signed a guy with 2 rings up in his sleave that can shoot and play extremely well at D. They also have a good back up for him like mike james so that he does not have to play major min, unlike lebron. Now as for the cavs FO, they are doing absolute **** right now. Getting players like Wallace when he is right in the middle of his decline, and keeping players like wally with valuable contracts that he could of traded for for someone like Jermaine Oneal when they had the chance. But they did not do so, so instead they get a PG with terrible D and a guy who is putting up good numbers on a less then avg team. It's a good player to pickup i guess, but not when you're trying to build around lebron. Chris Paul does not need to leave to move to another team because they already have a great team that is a great contender for a championchip, as for lebron, not so much.

HoopsMachine
09-12-2008, 12:14 AM

By 2010, the Nets and the Knicks may get under salary cap but even if they had enough money to sign Lebron they won't have enough money to add another all star to play along side him but you know who will? The Cavs because they'll have 20-25 million to spend that off season. By having the Bird rights to Lebron they can sign a solid player first and THEN sign Lebron

First and foremost I would like to say that I agree with you that Cleveland will be Lebron's preferred choice and while I can agree with you on the Knicks, the Nets are a completely different story.

They have a lot of potential to become a solid team in the next two years with many young promising players. I would say their team is only second to Portland in terms of collecting young talent.

In regards to your salary cap point you have to understand that Carter's contract will be up in the summer of 2011 assuming they don't pick up his last year. That means they will have approximately a 17 mil expiring contract which they can use as a trade asset in 2010 the same summer that Lebron can opt out of his contract and test the FA market.

So lets look at the positives
+a plethora of young promising talent that will develop in the next 2 years
+TONS of cap space
+primetime city in New York

The Nets situation is as appealing to him as any other front running team that will target him when he becomes a FA

Lo Porto
09-12-2008, 10:21 AM

Kiss Ma Grits - I guess I have to say it twice. LeBron stayed for 2 reasons - he just took Cleveland to the Finals and the Cavs could offer him more money because of the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement. It's quite simple. The NBA CBA is set up so that when a franchise drafts a player, they have a huge advantage in re-signing that player to their 2nd contract. They can offer more money, years, etc. Nobody expected him to go elsewhere. Since the last CBA, not one elite player has left the team he was drafted by to sign his second contract (Bosh, Anthony, Deron Williams, Paul, Wade, LeBron, etc.)

But since he signed that 2nd deal with Cleveland, everyone has speculated that he would leave Cleveland due to the length of the contract he signed. The day he signed the contract, analysts were already predicting he would go elsewhere in 2010.

Do your homework buddy. Sure LeBron might stay in Cleveland, but I think he leaves. Instead of arguing here with us, you should contact your local Cavs member of management and beg him to make another trade to improve your roster. Without more help, LeBron might be playing golf after the 1st round the next two years. I'm sure that will make him want to stick around the midwest....

BTownTeamsRKing
09-12-2008, 10:59 AM
one word: Greece.

LeeWrightQuinn
09-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I always see LeBron sporting a baseball cap of a team from New York- not Cleveland. I bet he would love to play there and to lift the franchise that was the most popular n the NBA not less than 10 years ago back to where it should be. It will never get bigger than MSG. LeBron-Lee will become the best 1-2 punch in the NBA.

theuuord
09-12-2008, 11:57 AM
woooow @ some of the things said in this thread...

Some of you guys are dreaming... I'm not sure if some of you watch basketball, either.

Boobie a better shooter than Redd?
LeBron-David Lee the best 1-2 in the NBA?

I mean I like Boobie and Lee as players (especially Lee), but come on, guys...

The Nets, Knicks, and overseas are the top landing zones for him right now.

And let's not forget the other FA's in that market...

Dynasty
09-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Nets Young players:
Devin Harris-Future Star
Yi Jianlian-Future Good Starter; lottery pick
Josh Boone-Double Double threat
Sean Williams-Top rookie last year, defensive beast
Brook Lopez-Lottery pick
CDR-Big time Memphis player
Ryan Anderson-21/10 player in college

+ others, and future picks

add 2 years to those players and you have something REALLY SPECIAL

Nets Attractions:
Vince Carter (He still will be here by 2010, and they'll still have enough room for Lebron)
Brooklyn
Jay-Z

The creator of this thread doesn't know much about the Nets

$ NyC $
09-12-2008, 01:05 PM
That's also true. NY doesn't necessarily have our eye on LeBron. It's any big time free agent. Plus, the only reason we didn't sign him back then was because no1 had any cap room. The only way he'll stay in Cleveland is if they get a solid low post threat, and please don't tell me Hickson is the answer 2 that.

When it comes down 2 it, he will make the most $$ in the biggest market which is NY. We sucked in 07 yet were still the most valuable franchise in the league. Now imagine that with a superstar 2 sell jerseys and bring in more fans and more televised games. He would make tons and tons of money. He doesn't even have 2 come to NY just admit it isn't impossible 4 him 2 leave Cleveland. Go around the world and tell them your from Cleveland every1 will b like? Tell them your from NY and every1 knows what NY is. NY and even NJ have way more young talent than the Cavs do, their core is basically Gibson, Hickson, LBJ, and Mo Williams.

Lo Porto
09-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Something just tells me that wearing that Knicks uniform and playing in MSG will make LeBron a top 10 player of all time when said and done. To be considered a top 10 all time player, you have to play in a huge market or be MJ. Stockton was the best PG ever when you consider what a PG is there to do (assists, steals and top leader), yet he doesn't sniff the top 10 in most people's minds. Had he played in L.A., he'd be Jerry West but even bigger. Look at Reggie Miller - he was a staple in the NBA just because what he did to NY much less than had he played for them.

LeBron knows a Knick move would be the biggest NBA news maybe ever. Despite the terrible Knicks the last 5 years, the media, NBA and it's fans always keep tabs on the franchise like it's a slumbering giant. If New York lures LeBron, it would be one of the biggest transactions since Babe Ruth. It would be the biggest NBA move ever. Even bigger than Kareem to L.A. Why would LeBron turn down this chance at history? I wouldn't, and I'm a Jazz fan who doesn't root for the Cavs or Knicks...

bogdanrom
09-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Uhmm maybe because they didn't have the money to sign him.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-12-2008, 05:26 PM
i understand why their mad because they know lebron is leaving,he want's to be the face of the nba and he will never be that in small market clevland.

MOHA
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
The Knicks Have Great History and Great Players like Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Earl Monroe, Bernard King, and The Great Patrick Ewing. We have been terrible for so many years cause of Management. Now everything has change. The Knicks will be a better team in The Future and NY will always be a Big Market no matter what.