PDA

View Full Version : Shaq says his career will be over in two years

Lakerfan32
09-11-2008, 10:05 AM
"My basketball career will be over in 735 days, and being an educated man, I've always had things to fall back on. So one of my options is law enforcement. But if Jerry Demings is going to be the sheriff I would love to work for him," O'Neal said.

This quote came 2 years late:) And also, you blew that job with your genius little rap escapade

http://www.cfnews13.com/Sports/CentralFloridaSportsReport/2008/9/10/shaq_numbers_his_days_in_the_nba.html

fairandbalanced
09-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Really? His career was over in 2007.

Sixerlover
09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Where is the quote from?

Lakerfan32
09-11-2008, 10:16 AM

Yeah, the year they won the championship Shaq was the second best center on his team. If they didn't have Zo they lose that series. Some would argue that they lost it anyways:)

Where is the quote from?
Sorry. Just posted it

lavis
09-11-2008, 10:52 AM

If I can pull 20 mil a year after my career is over, I'll be happy as hell :smoking:

dre1990
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
didnt he say this 8 months ago

Havoc Wreaker
09-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Laker fans making thread about Shaq are like people bashing the Yankees in the baseball forum. It gets Kinda annoying, Jelaousy cause they can't win without him.

He should retire soon tho, those legs wont keep up with that weight for much longer

JordansBulls
09-11-2008, 11:40 AM
This quote came 2 years late:) And also, you blew that job with your genius little rap escapade

http://www.cfnews13.com/Sports/CentralFloridaSportsReport/2008/9/10/shaq_numbers_his_days_in_the_nba.html

He was still decent players/allstar in 2006-2007 when the Heat lost to the Bulls. Last year is where he became bad.

$ NyC $
09-11-2008, 11:42 AM
He should leave with one of the best legacies instead of tarnishing it. BUT, if he somehow wins more with the Suns, that would be amazing lol.

Havoc Wreaker
09-11-2008, 12:18 PM
He should leave with one of the best legacies instead of tarnishing it. BUT, if he somehow wins more with the Suns, that would be amazing lol.

LoL your Sig is Hilarious :laugh::clap:

LeonFSU
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
He was still decent players/allstar in 2006-2007 when the Heat lost to the Bulls. Last year is where he became bad.

How exactly is averaging 13 pts and 11 rebs. a game while shooting 61% from the field for a new team bad? Especially coming off an injury. Once he got in better condition he proved he was still a very effective player and IMO played excellent defense against Tim Duncan. I still consider him a top 5 center no matter what any of you think.

JordansBulls
09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
How exactly is averaging 13 pts and 11 rebs. a game while shooting 61% from the field for a new team bad? Especially coming off an injury. Once he got in better condition he proved he was still a very effective player and IMO played excellent defense against Tim Duncan. I still consider him a top 5 center no matter what any of you think.

Because he was averaging 25 and 11 for the most and then 19 and 11. So going down to 13 and 11 is not productive enough.

LeonFSU
09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Because he was averaging 25 and 11 for the most and then 19 and 11. So going down to 13 and 11 is not productive enough.

Well obviously by his standards his production was at or near its lowest, but he wasn't asked to score much and still provided meaningful minutes. He is not a superstar anymore, but that doesn't make him bad.

THE_FLASH_21
09-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Laker fans making thread about Shaq are like people bashing the Yankees in the baseball forum. It gets Kinda annoying, Jelaousy cause they can't win without him.

He should retire soon tho, those legs wont keep up with that weight for much longer

LOL so damn true..... Lakers are always crying that nobody likes them..that's why!!! Hating on the man who's probably the best LAKER of all time...

shotblockershaq
09-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Why trash about Shaq, he's still better than Bynum even if he's nearly 2 decades older

Hellcrooner
09-11-2008, 02:26 PM
^ You drunk?

Magic

Kareem

West

Chamberlain

Mikan!!!

oh and of course they were not as good as Shaq but out of SHEER LOYALTY to the team for their career i would also praise mroe as lakers people like

Worthy

Wilkes

Baylor

Pollard

Yogi
09-11-2008, 02:26 PM
He had a good run, but it's time to switch to a new energy source and a new source of center for the Suns.

USMCLaker
09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
LOL so damn true..... Lakers are always crying that nobody likes them..that's why!!! Hating on the man who's probably the best LAKER of all time...

We will proudly retire 34 in our rafters but best Laker ever, really!?!

Your fre@king insane, what color is it in your little world. Best Laker ever, better than the all time league scorer when basketball was at its best?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from a Jazz fan, talk about crying-your sad fans can't get over the DFish thing.

As far as Laker fans crying over not being liked please!!! I love it, for the same reason Yankees fans are hated. It's fun to hear people rip on you for wining.

stawka
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Wow. Whenever things are quiet and there's nothing to drill Shaq about, a Laker fan brings up something from 2 years back. Why am I not surprised :D

ShaunRiching9
09-11-2008, 04:21 PM
well he is getting kind of old

SwaggaIke
09-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Shaq gave the Lakers 8 of the most dominant seasons i've ever seen in professional basketball. For any Laker fan to trash him is ridiculous. Shaq = The Lakers post Magic. W/o Shaq there is no Lakers of the mid 90s and the early part of the 21st century.

Lakerfan32
09-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow. Whenever things are quiet and there's nothing to drill Shaq about, a Laker fan brings up something from 2 years back. Why am I not surprised :D

time to reread the post. I know I used too many big words. Just take it slow and use wikipedia for any words you don't understand.:rolleyes:

_Sn1P3r_
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
It was a great career Shaq. Best of luck of what you can get in the future.

IndyRealist
09-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Shaq put up better numbers than Bynum *duck*

Seriously, the man brought rings to LA, why can't people just give him his due? He's going to be in the Hall of Fame, and he catches flak for not finishing his career with the Lakers? Nevermind how they weaseled him away from the Magic in the first place?

Hawkeye15
09-11-2008, 07:45 PM
^ You drunk?

Magic

Kareem

West

Chamberlain

Mikan!!!

oh and of course they were not as good as Shaq but out of SHEER LOYALTY to the team for their career i would also praise mroe as lakers people like

Worthy

Wilkes

Baylor

Pollard

I would take Shaq from 97-03' over any of them. And your hero Kobe is to blame for him leaving, not Shaq. Laker management made it very clear they were to side with Kobe. Anyone would have done the same. Shoot, Kobe tried to do it 15 months ago. But oh wait, now he is a god in LA.
Shaq is no longer the top center, and getting 14-7 for 20 million is not a great deal, but he can still contribute. Terry Porter will find a way to incorporate him in a little more by slowing it down. Problem is, the Suns don't have a lot of defenders to win half court games in the playoffs. Maybe Porter will instill that

Hawkeye15
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
What I find laughable about Laker fans on these threads, is that many of you claim Bynum, in his prime, will average 25-15. Shaq, at the same age Bynum is now, went for 23-14-3.5 blocks. Yet, he never sniffed 15 rebounds. I don't want to turn this into another bynum thread, god no, but you need to be realistic. And if Bynum is a 24-14 player this year, Kobe may run him out of town for stealing the spotlight anyways.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Shaq put up better numbers than Bynum *duck*

Seriously, the man brought rings to LA, why can't people just give him his due? He's going to be in the Hall of Fame, and he catches flak for not finishing his career with the Lakers? Nevermind how they weaseled him away from the Magic in the first place?

Laker fans are like Yankee fans. You are only as good as last year. It is sad really. They bad talk Shaq, and he is the REASON you were able to celebrate 3 straight years for the first time since the 80's. You should be saying, thanks Shaq, and be on you're merry way

THE_FLASH_21
09-11-2008, 08:27 PM
We will proudly retire 34 in our rafters but best Laker ever, really!?!

Your fre@king insane, what color is it in your little world. Best Laker ever, better than the all time league scorer when basketball was at its best?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from a Jazz fan, talk about crying-your sad fans can't get over the DFish thing.

As far as Laker fans crying over not being liked please!!! I love it, for the same reason Yankees fans are hated. It's fun to hear people rip on you for wining.

LOL.. The last 3 rings u got are because of who??? LOL..Yup u guys ARE like the Yanks... Can't win.... with the big players and the spot light!!!! U big Dummy, I've Lived in LA all my life. I could care less about fisher! He's top 3 easy.... Lakers will never win another championship without him... New curse in sports "THE SHAQ CURSE" Kobe will always be robin to Shaq.....

USMCLaker
09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
LOL.. The last 3 rings u got are because of who??? LOL..Yup u guys ARE like the Yanks... Can't win.... with the big players and the spot light!!!! U big Dummy, I've Lived in LA all my life. I could care less about fisher! He's top 3 easy.... Lakers will never win another championship without him... New curse in sports "THE SHAQ CURSE" Kobe will always be robin to Shaq.....

Your an idiot Jazz fan from L.A. what sense does that make the fact that you've lived here your entire life only makes you look even dumber if that is possible. Also, if you learned how to read you would notice that I said we will proudly retire his number in the rafters but to say that he is better than Kareem or Magic is insane, grow the hell up.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Your an idiot Jazz fan from L.A. what sense does that make the fact that you've lived here your entire life only makes you look even dumber if that is possible. Also, if you learned how to read you would notice that I said we will proudly retire his number in the rafters but to say that he is better than Kareem or Magic is insane, grow the hell up.

It's not insane to say he was better than Kareem or Magic. But is arguable for sure. I think Magic is the 2nd best player of all time. But I do think Shaq in his prime, was better than Kareem

USMCLaker
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
It's not insane to say he was better than Kareem or Magic. But is arguable for sure. I think Magic is the 2nd best player of all time. But I do think Shaq in his prime, was better than Kareem

Valid argument, as a life long Laker fan I am grateful for the 3 rings and I am not in the habit of putting down any former Laker not even Kwame.

theimortalone
09-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I guess that he will finish up his career in Phoenix :D :clap:

barreleffact
09-12-2008, 01:13 AM
i hope he retires. his numbers from his rookie year were some of teh scariest ive ever seen. I used to hate shaq due to his otherworldy arrogance but in ways i can understand it, and if you take it in stride, he's a pretty funny guy. but i digress. if he stays after his contract, he will be destroying his legacy. every other great that continued to play continued with stellar numbers. mike put up a 50 pt game at 40. stockton was stil a prime all around guy, but shaq's numbers are about 1/2 as productive as his rookie season yet he gets paid 20 mil a year. he should look to the world and say, it was fun, i won a lot. take care and gimme my pension. thanks

LAKERMANIA
09-12-2008, 02:26 AM

Who cares if people don't like us? We have to best winning percentage of all time in the NBA.. We have 14 titles and have had legends on our team.. And we're not hating, we are just pointing out the fact that his career was over a while ago.. its not like it isn't true..

JPHX
09-12-2008, 02:43 AM
Who cares if people don't like us? We have to best winning percentage of all time in the NBA.. We have 14 titles and have had legends on our team.. And we're not hating, we are just pointing out the fact that his career was over a while ago.. its not like it isn't true..

i personally dont mind laker fans expressing their joy for the success of the lakers. you guys deserve it. its the obnoxious laker fans that i personally get irritated at, esp when they bash the suns and shaq. lets not forget that we still put the lakers away a couple times in the playoffs if im not mistaken. now that yall have won the season series against us its like laker fans are bashing us left and right. and yeah shaq maybe old but if he feels that he can get another title, let him. if anyone knows his body and what he can still do its him. his career will be over when he says it is. he brought the lakers 3 of your 14 titles and now that he is on another team it seems like some laker fans hate the guy. but you know whatev.

KiNgSuNs1
09-12-2008, 02:59 AM
poeple better watch out this man wants more rings and since hes retireing hes going to do whatever it takes to get them ///////////// go sunssssssssssss

40oz
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
i hope he doesn't pull a Farve...

THE_FLASH_21
09-15-2008, 06:19 PM

sorry buddy... I've seen them both play in their prime... Magic was great..
But he didn't dominate hios postion and the whole NBA like SHAQ.. it's not even close!!! I'm from LA and my dad and all my band wagon friends are LAKER fans... actually everyone is a LAKER bandwagon... n/e ways.. It'll make the Lakers look stupid if they didn't retire his number... And as of when have u worked for the Lakers??? "WE WILL PROUDLY RETIRE HIS NUMBER"
lol... u ain't nobody my man... I just didn't start watching or following the Lakers a couple years back... So I know my stuff... SHAQ is and will be LAKERS BASKETBALL......

THE_FLASH_21
09-15-2008, 06:21 PM

^^^ I totally agree with u may man, but the point i'm trying to make is...show some respect to probably the best LAKER ever... that's all...

hdxstunts1
09-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Thank god, i've wanted him to retire ever since he won with MIami. He has played well since then! He's one of my least if not my least favorite player in the NBA! He's slow, fat, and stupid. I dont see why Suns got him but obviously they see something i dont. He did play decently with Suns for the time being but he was just being a good crap player!

23LBJCleBrowns
09-15-2008, 08:21 PM
hes already washed up

Beno7500
09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
When has Shaq ever kept his word?
Didn't he say he was getting a ring in Phoenix last year? Hmmm...

QUICKTRADE
09-15-2008, 11:00 PM
shaq should have been better if he will just hang his uniform now than to have more embarassment from his opposing players.

ARMIN12NBA
09-15-2008, 11:12 PM
But he didn't dominate hios postion and the whole NBA like SHAQ.. it's not even close!!! I'm from LA and my dad and all my band wagon friends are LAKER fans... actually everyone is a LAKER bandwagon... n/e ways.. It'll make the Lakers look stupid if they didn't retire his number... And as of when have u worked for the Lakers??? "WE WILL PROUDLY RETIRE HIS NUMBER"
lol... u ain't nobody my man... I just didn't start watching or following the Lakers a couple years back... So I know my stuff... SHAQ is and will be LAKERS BASKETBALL......

No. A player can't be associated with one specific team especially when that player has publicly bashed that team for no reason and has been on 3 other teams.

There are only a few players that will truly only be associated with the Lakers and that is George Mikan, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, and so far Kobe Bryant (unless he leaves the Lakers). Mikan was the first Laker great. Jerry West had taken the Lakers to many Finals and won a championship and was a great GM for the Lakers. Magic Johnson obviously brought the Lakers to 5 titles and 8 Finals appearances and is part owner of the Lakers. Kobe has brought 3 titles and 5 Finals appearances and is getting part ownership of the Lakers as well after his retirement.

Shaq is not all that is Lakers basketball. The Lakers have too much history to have only one player to represent them.

GunFactor187
09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Man I'm going to miss The Big Aristotle...

Rome
09-15-2008, 11:59 PM
When has Shaq ever kept his word?
Didn't he say he was getting a ring in Phoenix last year? Hmmm...

He said he was bringing a championship to Miami. I believe he did that. Now despite being older he's got the right players around him to do it at least one more time IMO.

bogdanrom
09-16-2008, 12:11 AM
He's had an amazing career. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends it with a NBA Title, with the Suns or not.

SwaggaIke
09-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Don't sleep on Shaq winning 1 more before its over. I'm not saying he will, but I can't rule the big fella out until he files those papers. When he's motivated to win a ring, he gets it.

cahawk
09-16-2008, 01:21 AM

What 14 Titles???
Has anyone seen 10.000 lakes in LA recently?
Gee, I guess oklahoma city has an NBA title too.

Interesting in all the years I followed the Laker's their titles were only counted in LA.
But after Magic got them more titles & Shaq more, then the kobesque LA team suddenly started counting the Minneapolis, Minnesota titles.

Do you think the Boston Celtics can see through that?

THE_FLASH_21
09-16-2008, 01:50 AM
No. A player can't be associated with one specific team especially when that player has publicly bashed that team for no reason and has been on 3 other teams.

There are only a few players that will truly only be associated with the Lakers and that is George Mikan, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, and so far Kobe Bryant (unless he leaves the Lakers). Mikan was the first Laker great. Jerry West had taken the Lakers to many Finals and won a championship and was a great GM for the Lakers. Magic Johnson obviously brought the Lakers to 5 titles and 8 Finals appearances and is part owner of the Lakers. Kobe has brought 3 titles and 5 Finals appearances and is getting part ownership of the Lakers as well after his retirement.

Shaq is not all that is Lakers basketball. The Lakers have too much history to have only one player to represent them.

Pretty funny.. cuz what I remember Misses 24 wanted out?? U think we all forgot?? One great season with NO RING makes it all go away?? LOL NOPE!

USMCLaker
09-16-2008, 05:59 AM

You sound so ridiculous I don't see the point of arguing with your pointless nonsense.

THE_FLASH_21
09-17-2008, 05:43 PM
[/B]

You sound so ridiculous I don't see the point of arguing with your pointless nonsense.

No ur mad, cuz i'm right.... and lol... way to point out my mistake English Professor!!!!! :rolleyes:

Lakersfan2483
09-17-2008, 08:36 PM

Please, Shaq is not the best laker of all time. Have you heard of a man named, Magic Johnson? La has had some great players: J. West, Kobe, Wilt, Kareem, Worthy, Baylor, so for you to say he's the best is bogus. No one is hating on Shaq, he trashed the fans and the city when he was traded. He trashed us like he trashed Orlando and now Miami. Do you see a pattern developing??? lol

Lakersfan2483
09-17-2008, 08:48 PM

Let me blow that weak argument out the door!!! Magic dominated his position like no other, do you know your history? In Magic's first season as a laker, he won a title. That title was the first of 5 titles during the best era of basketball ever. Magic and co. reached the finals an amazing 9 times during his playing days with the lakers. He won 3 MVPs, was an all-star all of the yrs. he played, is ranked in the top 5 all-time in assists. He also led the lakers with one of the highest winning pct. of all-time.

Shaq was great with LA, but to say he did more for LA than Magic is just absurd. Shaq did not start winning until Kobe began to get better and they added Phil Jackson as their coach. Do you not remember LA being swept by the Jazz, swept by the Spurs, beaten again by the Jazz and so on. It took Phil Jackson and the emergence of kobe for LA to win 3 rings. Shaq was the main player and had a great career in LA, but he did not mean more to the lakers than Magic.

Because of Magic and Bird, the NBA is where it is today. They saved the league during the early 80's. The ratings for the NBA were at one of it's lowest until the 2 guys mentioned above were drafted. Magic started the "Showtime" era.

Lakersfan2483
09-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Magic was facing competition at a rate that Shaq never faced. Look at the teams he used to face in the finals. The Celtics had a great team, the Pistons, the Sixers has great teams with M. Malone and Dr. J. The Rockets had a strong team with Olajuwon and Sampson. Magic's team won during arugably the hardest era in basketball.

ARMIN12NBA
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Pretty funny.. cuz what I remember Misses 24 wanted out?? U think we all forgot?? One great season with NO RING makes it all go away?? LOL NOPE!

The Shaq comments about the Lakers have always been without anything to spur him on. He has always made these comments just to spite the Lakers. Kobe wanted out because the Lakers were not winning and he didn't really say anything offensive about the Lakers history. Shaq has said offensive things about KAJ, Kobe, etc. that weren't deserved and just out of the blue.

What 14 Titles???
Has anyone seen 10.000 lakes in LA recently?
Gee, I guess oklahoma city has an NBA title too.

Interesting in all the years I followed the Laker's their titles were only counted in LA.
But after Magic got them more titles & Shaq more, then the kobesque LA team suddenly started counting the Minneapolis, Minnesota titles.

Do you think the Boston Celtics can see through that?

Cahawk, I have seen you EVERYWHERE and I don't think I've read a post that didn't relate to having a hatred for Kobe.

Seriously, how old are you? I have been following the Lakers for a LONG time and they didn't just start counting them for the "kobesque LA team." They have counted those championships for a long time.

I am tired of explaining this, but I will. The Minneapolis Lakers simply moved to another city. Everything came along with them including the history, players, and name. Oklahoma City left the name and history in Seattle. That isn't a valid comparison. The Lakers have 14 legitimate titles and that isn't even a question.

cmellofan15
09-17-2008, 10:43 PM

LOL

:clap::clap::clap:

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 12:25 AM
yeah he was a great play but the window is closing on him

USMCLaker
09-18-2008, 02:24 AM
No ur mad, cuz i'm right.... and lol... way to point out my mistake English Professor!!!!! :rolleyes:

Yes it takes an English Professor to type his position correctly. Son, I can't be mad at a kid for being a kid.

cahawk
09-18-2008, 03:17 AM
Armin12nba

Thank you, I am consistent and do not flip flop on my viewpoint, thanks.
You exaggerate but I see where & why you are coming from.
Me, I don't attack posters or call them haters because I don't agree.
You bash on Shaq which I don't agree with but that's your opinion.

So how old are you, since you're asking a 64 year old his age, that has followed the Laker's for well over 50 years.
I know that L.A. is reporting all titles from Minneapolis, now....
but that never used to be the case and I doubt that really flys in Boston.
And trying to sell spin as factual teaching doesn't really work with people who lived the history.

The Laker's have had alot of Greeeeat teams & players, but sorry the kobe era and his fanatical fans just polarizes alot of us.
Since this board is a great majority of kobe/Laker fans, I hope I am alittle of the devils advocate to balance things out just alittle. :>)

THE_FLASH_21
09-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes it takes an English Professor to type his position correctly. Son, I can't be mad at a kid for being a kid.

lol...

THE_FLASH_21
09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Please, Shaq is not the best laker of all time. Have you heard of a man named, Magic Johnson? La has had some great players: J. West, Kobe, Wilt, Kareem, Worthy, Baylor, so for you to say he's the best is bogus. No one is hating on Shaq, he trashed the fans and the city when he was traded. He trashed us like he trashed Orlando and now Miami. Do you see a pattern developing??? lol

I guess... this argument can't be won... So now your saying he's not great cuz he trashed the Lakers??? BIG WOOP... I Like Magic I think he's number 2,
but just by alittle.. Magic wasn't even a true PG... Magic was the ****.. don't get me wrong!!! This is a honest question... without being a Homer... Who would you have at their prime... SHAQ OR MAGIC????

Lakersfan2483
09-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I guess... this argument can't be won... So now your saying he's not great cuz he trashed the Lakers??? BIG WOOP... I Like Magic I think he's number 2,
but just by alittle.. Magic wasn't even a true PG... Magic was the ****.. don't get me wrong!!! This is a honest question... without being a Homer... Who would you have at their prime... SHAQ OR MAGIC????

I would take Magic over Shaq. Go back and look at the production Magic used to have during the playoffs and finals, it's unreal the type of numbers he had. The man was a great leader, but most importantly a "Winner."

Magic during the playoffs in his prime:

83-84- 18.2ppg, 13.5apg, 7rpg

84-85- 17.5ppg 15apg, and 7rpg.

85-86- 21.6ppg 15apg, and 7rpg

86-87- 21.8ppg, 12apg, and 7rpg.

87-88- 20ppg, 13apg, 5rpg.

I just wanted to show the type of production Magic had during his prime yrs., he had some great yrs.

Lakerfan32
09-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I would take Magic over Shaq. Go back and look at the production Magic used to have during the playoffs and finals, it's unreal the type of numbers he had. The man was a great leader, but most importantly a "Winner."

Magic during the playoffs in his prime:

83-84- 18.2ppg, 13.5apg, 7rpg

84-85- 17.5ppg 15apg, and 7rpg.

85-86- 21.6ppg 15apg, and 7rpg

86-87- 21.8ppg, 12apg, and 7rpg.

87-88- 20ppg, 13apg, 5rpg.

I just wanted to show the type of production Magic had during his prime yrs., he had some great yrs.

Magic every time. Magic's always had his team in contention for the title. His last season he took his team to the finals. After he retired they didn't even make the playoffs. Even when Jordan retired the Bulls made it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I know it's a skewed point but fact is that Magic could take over a game as well as help his team take over a game.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Arguing between Magic and Shaq is stupid. They were both great. They both played the two most important positions. Their teams would never have won a ring without them. But Shaq was the most physically dominant player in history in his prime. He didn't play against a bunch of midgets like Wilt, and if he hit 70% from the line, MJ would have competition for best player ever. Shaq was the reason you won 3 rings. Anything short of thanking him for his time in LA is an insult.

Shaqs stats in his playoff prime

1994-95 26-12-2

1995-96 26-10

1996-97 27-11-2

1997-98 31-10-2.5

1998-99 27-12-3

1999-00 31-15-2

2000-01 30-15-2

2001-02 29-13-2

2002-03 27-15-3

I start with him on my team

THE_FLASH_21
09-19-2008, 08:27 PM
^^^ Good points!!!!! :clap:

codes238
09-19-2008, 08:50 PM
all the laker fans hating on shaq when he's down is pretty pathetic, this guy gave you 3 championships and you werent saying anything when he was killing it in miami and kobe was missing the playoffs and getting kicked out of the first round, but now you jump on the guy when his career and personal life are going through a crisis, yea really classy... maybe you guys should win at least one championship without the big guy before you start talking smack...

Lakersfan2483
09-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Arguing between Magic and Shaq is stupid. They were both great. They both played the two most important positions. Their teams would never have won a ring without them. But Shaq was the most physically dominant player in history in his prime. He didn't play against a bunch of midgets like Wilt, and if he hit 70% from the line, MJ would have competition for best player ever. Shaq was the reason you won 3 rings. Anything short of thanking him for his time in LA is an insult.

Shaqs stats in his playoff prime

1994-95 26-12-2

1995-96 26-10

1996-97 27-11-2

1997-98 31-10-2.5

1998-99 27-12-3

1999-00 31-15-2

2000-01 30-15-2

2001-02 29-13-2

2002-03 27-15-3

I start with him on my team

Great numbers from Shaq, but Magic still gets my vote. He went to the finals 9 times as the main man on the Lakers and he won 5 titles. Shaq is in my top 5 of all time. I just would not select him over Magic. The only guys I would take over Shaq are: Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem and maybe Wilt.

Lakersfan2483
09-19-2008, 09:51 PM
all the laker fans hating on shaq when he's down is pretty pathetic, this guy gave you 3 championships and you werent saying anything when he was killing it in miami and kobe was missing the playoffs and getting kicked out of the first round, but now you jump on the guy when his career and personal life are going through a crisis, yea really classy... maybe you guys should win at least one championship without the big guy before you start talking smack...

Lol. Has your team won anything??? Shaq decided to diss LA fans when he was traded. Did you not read all of the garbage he said about the city, the fans, the organization? He has done the same thing with Orlando and Miami. Notice a pattern?

I like Shaq but I disagree with what the other guy was saying in terms of Shaq being the greatest player in Laker history. I proved my point and most experts and fans would tell you, Magic was the best laker of all time. Case Closed.

Question: How many titles did O'neal win without the emergence and great play of Kobe? O. He has always had the luxury of playing with a great guard whether it be Penny, Kobe and the last being Wade. So, for people to state Shaq was the only reason we won titles is just ridiculous. Shaq was our no. 1 guy, their is no argument from me in that category. He trashed our owner, so he was traded. He was showing up to camp out of shape and unmotivated many times. End of Story.

Lakersfan2483
09-19-2008, 09:58 PM
My last comment on Shaq: I believe that when he retires, he will be ranked in the top ten all time. I have him in my top 5 all time. He was the greatest big man I have ever seen. I respect his game. I don't agree with the way he handled things when he was traded from LA. I also don't like how he handled the Miami Heat situation. I think Shaq should exhibit a little more class, but he definitely deserves all the credit in terms of being one of the greatest to ever play. He deserves to have his jersey retired in LA.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Great numbers from Shaq, but Magic still gets my vote. He went to the finals 9 times as the main man on the Lakers and he won 5 titles. Shaq is in my top 5 of all time. I just would not select him over Magic. The only guys I would take over Shaq are: Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem and maybe Wilt.

Magic is a top player ever, for sure. Shaq in his prime is up there with anyone. But your top players are WAY Laker friendly. Bird is better than Kareem or Wilt, and maybe even Johnson.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Lol. Has your team won anything??? Shaq decided to diss LA fans when he was traded. Did you not read all of the garbage he said about the city, the fans, the organization? He has done the same thing with Orlando and Miami. Notice a pattern?

I like Shaq but I disagree with what the other guy was saying in terms of Shaq being the greatest player in Laker history. I proved my point and most experts and fans would tell you, Magic was the best laker of all time. Case Closed.

Question: How many titles did O'neal win without the emergence and great play of Kobe? O. He has always had the luxury of playing with a great guard whether it be Penny, Kobe and the last being Wade. So, for people to state Shaq was the only reason we won titles is just ridiculous. Shaq was our no. 1 guy, their is no argument from me in that category. He trashed our owner, so he was traded. He was showing up to camp out of shape and unmotivated many times. End of Story.

Shaq did not diss LA fans. The Lakers had to pick between Kobe and Shaq, because Kobe forced them too. They picked youth. Since then, Kobe, 0 rings, Shaq 1. Kobe has been trashing your owner for years. He demanded a trade 15 months ago, apparently LA fans forget this. He called out his 20 year old center, whom most Laker fans consider the second coming of Moses Malone, and yet, you all forget this.
The real question is, how many titles did Kobe win, when he didn't have a center that required the other team to develop an entire defensive scheme engaged completely on Shaq, with complete disregard to any other player the Lakers had???? Kobe, and Wade, were both benefactors of Shaq, not the other way around///////////////////

Lakersfan2483
09-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Shaq did not diss LA fans. The Lakers had to pick between Kobe and Shaq, because Kobe forced them too. They picked youth. Since then, Kobe, 0 rings, Shaq 1. Kobe has been trashing your owner for years. He demanded a trade 15 months ago, apparently LA fans forget this. He called out his 20 year old center, whom most Laker fans consider the second coming of Moses Malone, and yet, you all forget this.
The real question is, how many titles did Kobe win, when he didn't have a center that required the other team to develop an entire defensive scheme engaged completely on Shaq, with complete disregard to any other player the Lakers had???? Kobe, and Wade, were both benefactors of Shaq, not the other way around///////////////////

We can go back and forth about the Shaq/Kobe dilemma. Shaq was traded because he called out Jerry Buss during the preseason, yelling obscenities towards him in the stands in regards to a contract extension. Also, he and Kobe could not co-exist. Shaq is at the end of a hall of fame career. He has 4 titles and has sealed his place as one of the greats. Kobe has not won a title since Shaq's departure, but give him time, his career is far from over!!!!!

Lakersfan2483
09-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Magic is a top player ever, for sure. Shaq in his prime is up there with anyone. But your top players are WAY Laker friendly. Bird is better than Kareem or Wilt, and maybe even Johnson.

Laker friendly. lol. That is because the Lakers have had some of the greatest players ever. Think of all the greats we have had, Wilt, Kareem, Baylor, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, Mikan, West.

Just for the record, I have Michael Jordan as the best player ever, followed by Magic Johnson.

Lakersfan2483
09-20-2008, 07:15 AM

In response to the Bird comment, Bird is a top ten player for sure, but he was not better than Kareem or Wilt. Name another center to lead the league in points, rebounding and "ASSISTS," like Wilt did. A lot of people underrate Wilt's greatness....

As far as Kareem, he in No. 1 all-time in scoring, has won 6 titles and 6 mvps. That does not take in to account the way defenses were geared to stop him and his impact on the game. He also had great numbers during the playoffs and finals and his longevity in the league is only matched by a few players. It can be argued that Kareem was the greatest player of all time. Few players have the resume to challenge Kareem's in terms of stats, winning, awards, longevity, etc.....

Hawkeye15
09-20-2008, 11:39 AM
In response to the Bird comment, Bird is a top ten player for sure, but he was not better than Kareem or Wilt. Name another center to lead the league in points, rebounding and "ASSISTS," like Wilt did. A lot of people underrate Wilt's greatness....

As far as Kareem, he in No. 1 all-time in scoring, has won 6 titles and 6 mvps. That does not take in to account the way defenses were geared to stop him and his impact on the game. He also had great numbers during the playoffs and finals and his longevity in the league is only matched by a few players. It can be argued that Kareem was the greatest player of all time. Few players have the resume to challenge Kareem's in terms of stats, winning, awards, longevity, etc.....

I disagree. Larry Bird is the #3 best player of all time behind MJ and Magic. Magic never went thru a decline like most, so he may have slipped had he not gone out on top. Imagine if Shaq retired right after the Heat won it. Kareem is the #1 scorer because he played for 84 seasons. Their ppg were right on. It is uselss arguing who is best of all time, everyone has their opinions. I think Bird was better, you don't, oh well. And I am not a Celtics fan, at all. I don't like Boston sports teams period. Love KG, so I am glad he got his ring, but now I don't like them anymore.

innovator
09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
we will love him if its time to love him and we will hate him if its time to hate him... from 1996-2003 it was time for us to love him but now its time to hate him

G-Funk
09-20-2008, 02:55 PM

I hate it when I see ppl who think that they know more about the Lakers then there actual fans.

G-Funk
09-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Lakers will never win another championship without him... New curse in sports "THE SHAQ CURSE" Kobe will always be robin to Shaq.....

Im gonna save this post, and when kobe wins it next year im gonna rub this **** in ur face.

G-Funk
09-20-2008, 03:10 PM
i personally dont mind laker fans expressing their joy for the success of the lakers. you guys deserve it. its the obnoxious laker fans that i personally get irritated at, esp when they bash the suns and shaq. lets not forget that we still put the lakers away a couple times in the playoffs if im not mistaken. now that yall have won the season series against us its like laker fans are bashing us left and right.

Oh come on! don't try to play the victim now. for years you guys were talking alot of **** about our team.

cahawk
09-21-2008, 12:39 PM

Had to give this great post a bump.
And lakerfan2483, like alot of Laker fans now, you regurgitate rewritten history. I am just happy Shaq was able to escape that poisonous enviornment that kobe created.

THE_FLASH_21
09-22-2008, 12:29 PM

well put hawkeye.... People start talking mess once the player leaves and forgets all he ever did.... Kareem and Wilt over Shaq?? LOL YEAH RIGHT!!

THE_FLASH_21
09-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Im gonna save this post, and when kobe wins it next year im gonna rub this **** in ur face.

LOL... I live 5 minutes away from Staples.... I'm glad i'll never have to see another Lakers parade... **** Kobe any day.... Catch me rock'n a Shaq Orlando jersey.. anyday!!

Save my post, take a picture i don't give a ****... Kobe is a little ****en princess and is gonna regret sending Shaq out of town for the rest of his life!!!

USMCLaker
09-23-2008, 07:31 PM
LOL... I live 5 minutes away from Staples.... I'm glad i'll never have to see another Lakers parade... **** Kobe any day.... Catch me rock'n a Shaq Orlando jersey.. anyday!!

Save my post, take a picture i don't give a ****... Kobe is a little ****en princess and is gonna regret sending Shaq out of town for the rest of his life!!!

haha, your funny.

Are you carrying Shaq's baby?

Vidball
09-23-2008, 08:34 PM

Surprised this is coming from a Jazz fan--the Shaq-less Lakers put a spanking on Utah just a few months ago even though their starting center was injured...lol---if Lakers have no shot at a parade, the Jazz should just join the WNBA right now.

As for Shaq--unless he found the fountain of youth this summer, he is gonna continue to decline at the rate he has been declining. I have followed him since LSU and wish him the best, but its almost sad to see him play now--he is just a shell of his former self. He has not aged well.

Rome
09-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Its gonna be a bad day in the NBA when he retires. Forget all the bad remarks and what not, Shaq is one, if not the funniest player in the leauge and has a great down to earth i dont give a **** what i say type of personality. I for one will miss not only his game but him as a player in the L.

oshea225
09-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Its gonna be a bad day in the NBA when he retires. Forget all the bad remarks and what not, Shaq is one, if not the funniest player in the leauge and has a great down to earth i dont give a **** what i say type of personality. I for one will miss not only his game but him as a player in the L.

hes my favorite all time player man. basketball wouldnt have the same meaning to me if it wasnt for shaq. hes been in the league every day since i was born lol. the day he retires in gonna SUCK.

cmellofan15
09-23-2008, 09:18 PM

Ha! quote me on this

The Lakers will not win the championship next year and if they do I will cancel this account and make a new account and my name will iLoveKobe and I will put a picture of Kobe in my sig.

Vidball
09-23-2008, 09:34 PM
^Awesome...one more Kobe fan :D

Lakersfan2483
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Ha! quote me on this

The Lakers will not win the championship next year and if they do I will cancel this account and make a new account and my name will iLoveKobe and I will put a picture of Kobe in my sig.

So, you are guaranteeing LA won't win a title? Wow, I will remember this post.

Lakersfan2483
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Had to give this great post a bump.
And lakerfan2483, like alot of Laker fans now, you regurgitate rewritten history. I am just happy Shaq was able to escape that poisonous enviornment that kobe created.

It's funny how Kobe was the "only" problem, when O'neal has had a similar situation in Orlando. He just recently had a problem with the Miami franchise. You fail to see an obvious pattern.

Hawkeye15
09-24-2008, 07:06 PM
It's funny how Kobe was the "only" problem, when O'neal has had a similar situation in Orlando. He just recently had a problem with the Miami franchise. You fail to see an obvious pattern.

true true. He did give the Lakers an ultimatum, which was fueled by his and Kobe's inability to accept not being the man. The Lakers took the younger guy. The results were not great off the bat, Shaq got another ring, Kobe is still looking. But Shaq is a dynamic personality. The Lakers knew his offseason work ethic was nonexistant, therefore he would decline in his mid 30's, but Kobe had a ton to do with him leaving. A ton. However, the Lakers are far better off today, or for the next 4 seasons, with the decision they made.

Lakersfan2483
09-24-2008, 07:09 PM
true true. He did give the Lakers an ultimatum, which was fueled by his and Kobe's inability to accept not being the man. The Lakers took the younger guy. The results were not great off the bat, Shaq got another ring, Kobe is still looking. But Shaq is a dynamic personality. The Lakers knew his offseason work ethic was nonexistant, therefore he would decline in his mid 30's, but Kobe had a ton to do with him leaving. A ton. However, the Lakers are far better off today, or for the next 4 seasons, with the decision they made.

Good pts.

cmellofan15
09-24-2008, 07:25 PM
So, you are guaranteeing LA won't win a title? Wow, I will remember this post.

It's in my sig

Take a pic

Save it as your wallpaper on your computer

Cherish it

But it won't happen for the Lakers

THE_FLASH_21
09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
^^^ LOL... LA might win it.. LA SPARKS.. LOL If the Lakers ever played the Sparks...
Kobe'd rape them all... and Gasol whould be getting tossed around like a little drag doll... what a weak ****.

LOL... I'm on the KOBE NEVER WINS IT AGAIN CAMP....... Quote me LA Princesses.. No Ring!!