PDA

View Full Version : Heat are talking to Bulls.

NYKnickFanatic
09-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Rumor has it that the Miami Heat are talking to the Chicago Bulls about Ben Gordon.

Anyone have any information on this?

Who could they give up for BG7?

Think Noah could be involved?

Maybe Haslem??

Sixerlover
09-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Any kinda link to this because it seems really dumb to me to pay all that for a backup. Unless they plan on making one of them the PG (which is even worse IMO)

NYKnickFanatic
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Any kinda link to this because it seems really dumb to me to pay all that for a backup. Unless they plan on making one of them the PG (which is even worse IMO)

Espn.com --> NBA --> Rumor Central.

Need to be an Insider, which I am not.

Thats why I was asking if anyone had any information on it.

theimortalone
09-11-2008, 09:47 AM
wow BG7 would be one hell of a pick up for the Heat!

Seventh King
09-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I seriously haven't seen any links beyond some idle-rumor/gossip/prayer request, stuff on Hoopsworld and Hoopshype. Some people on the Bulls forum claim that these talks took place 2-3 weeks ago, with little progress or lasting validity.

JordansBulls
09-11-2008, 11:42 AM
The Heat aren't crazy enough to pay Ben Gordon 10+ million a year. Only way Ben goes to the Heat is it they plan on having him play PG and/or if Marion is involved in the deal.

$ NyC $
09-11-2008, 11:49 AM
wow BG7 would be one hell of a pick up for the Heat!

He kinda plays their star, Dwayne Wades position, so he would be stuck to a 6th man role. I seriously think the team that should go 4 BG7 the most is the Hornets. They need just a little extra boost and their weak spot was sg.

Paul
Gorden
Stojokovic/Posey
West
Chandler

fishfan79
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
according to the miami herald the heat said he is too expensive

I dont see the point we dont need a 6th man swingman we need a point guard and center

jdavis26
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
that would be huge for miami

superkegger
09-11-2008, 12:16 PM
how would the heat benefit from trading for gordon, unless they give up mark blount? foolish.

Iodine
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
how would the heat benefit from trading for gordon, unless they give up mark blount? foolish.

but he can score 20ppg isnt that all that matters?

superkegger
09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
but he can score 20ppg isnt that all that matters?

and hes going to score that when? in the 8 minutes per game wade doesn't play? or are they going to put him at pg? oh that'd be good, cause hes not at all a pg and a chucker, that would do wonders for team chemistry. Gordon to the heat makes 0 sense for the heat.

Iodine
09-11-2008, 12:26 PM
and hes going to score that when? in the 8 minutes per game wade doesn't play? or are they going to put him at pg? oh that'd be good, cause hes not at all a pg and a chucker, that would do wonders for team chemistry. Gordon to the heat makes 0 sense for the heat.

You realize I was being sarcastic right?
:pity:

superkegger
09-11-2008, 12:43 PM
You realize I was being sarcastic right?
:pity:

Yeah, but some people obviously think BG to the heat is a good idea, and it can only be rationalized by the thought that BG is a good scorer, and that would be nice to have. Cause there aren't any other facets of his game that are good. So I thought I'd lay it out....

zezak
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM

Agree with this person. The Heat need a PG/C and Ben is neither. He want's too much money and it would be foolish for the Heat to trade a 17mill expiring contract. If the Heat only give Mark and a filler than ok, if anything more Riley has lost it.

Boss980
09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Agree with this person. The Heat need a PG/C and Ben is neither. He want's too much money and it would be foolish for the Heat to trade a 17mill expiring contract. If the Heat only give Mark and a filler than ok, if anything more Riley has lost it.

If I am BG and I have a chance to play on a team featuring D-Wade, I'm telling chicago that I would be willing to take less money to make this deal work. He would be able to start alongside Dwade and won't be a defensive liablility like he would be here. He can come off the bench as well and do his thing.

He has to realize that money wise he isn't worth what he wants. He also has to realize that the bulls aren't going to move and even if they did, he has to wonder how team chemistry is going play a factor after all that has been done and said.

If BG really wants out of chicago, his options is this:

1.----accept a sign and trade for a team that he would consider taking less money for. Teams like Miami and New Orleans aren't bad teams to make $7-$8 mill a year. On those teams, he can do what he does best.. Score baby score. He will be on a competitve team that is young and looking to get into the playoffs. He also would have the feeling that the team actually wants him and he will be very important to their success.

2.----Go overseas and have the option of returning next year. If he really thinks that he can make what he wants, then hold out and play 1 year and maybe a team like Portland or ATL may have more money to offer next year.

3.----Take the QO and risk not being able to get consistent mins because of other players developing and other players being able to play defense. According to Del Negro, he going to demand that you defend and that is an area that we all BG is good or even avg at. He also will find himself on the bench and he may not be able to put up 20pts a night. the offense will change because of the new coach and new pg. We won't be looking to slow the ball down or look to run a play to get him open. Derrick can penetrate (somthing that Kirk cant do) and also find players in tough spots or even create for himself. So all those kick outs or plays with Ben coming off a screen, will get limited as the season and Derrick Rose moves foward.

In my opinion, BG needs to have his agents talk to select few of teams that he may be willing to take less then his demanding offer and see if the Bulls can work somthing out. If the Bulls can't get back what they are looking for, then I take a one year deal overseas and wait to get paid next year. My last option is staying with the Bulls.

DQL
09-11-2008, 01:17 PM
The Bulls spoke to the Heat about restricted free agent Ben Gordon, but Gordon wants big money, and the Heat says it will take its current roster to camp

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/679643.html

Nothing will happen

Chronz
09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
You could do alot worse than a Wade and Gordon backcourt.

Afridi786
09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Even if they make Gordon the pg, its not like he'll be handling the ball most of the time, Wade will still be doing that.

Cavs_Fan24
09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
you never know, maybe because of their PG woes, they could play BG at the 2, and Wade at the 1??...

Ansy
09-11-2008, 03:26 PM
you never know, maybe because of their PG woes, they could play BG at the 2, and Wade at the 1??...

That's what I was thinking. Wade has the ball in his hands most of the time anyway, so BG would play PG on defense but SG on offense. Sort of like what the Blazers plan to do with Roy and Bayless, only better.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Gordon doesn't fit in Miami. He plays the same position as Wade, is NOT a pg, doesn't defend. They have 3 scorers. They need defenders and rebounders, and a real point guard. Chalmers is two years from even being considered a starting point guard. And Wade at point is cutting into what he does well, plus putting too many minutes and touches on him.

ATX
09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
This is rumor only...Don't pay it any mind.

downsos
09-11-2008, 04:11 PM
You can have him!

rico
09-11-2008, 04:12 PM
as mentioned above with th emiami herald link this was debunked yseterday saying they were going to train with their current team. pretty much saying 'no'

+ as previously mentioned bg isnt really a pg. id prefer not to deal with the heat anyway unless it was for wade, beasley, or i guess marion if we got to dump hughes along with the deal.

Famous03
09-11-2008, 04:19 PM
The only way i see the heat doing this trade is if Mark Blount is Included.

Famous03
09-11-2008, 04:23 PM
^^^^ then again why would the bulls want Mark Blount.

rico
09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
i dont see why the heat just dont make a run for tinsley, he would sufficiently do the PG role. they could probably throw in daniels and a filler for marion too.

heat get their PG, pacers get marion (good expiring too). or the pacers have 3 centers in nesterov, hibbert, foster. ::shrug::

IndyRealist
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
i dont see why the heat just dont make a run for tinsley, he would sufficiently do the PG role. they could probably throw in daniels and a filler for marion too.

heat get their PG, pacers get marion (good expiring too). or the pacers have 3 centers in nesterov, hibbert, foster. ::shrug::

Tinsley for Haslem, straight up. Solves both teams' problems. I think the Pacers realize what everyone else knows, that if they trade for Marion, he is not staying when his contract expires. And while it would be nice to unload Tinsley, the bulk of the trade would be expirings traded for expirings. In effect they'd only be dumping Tinsley's $6M. Now if Miami would take Tinsley and Troy Murphy....

Goon.Weezy
09-11-2008, 05:14 PM
ben gordon would be useless for them

HiphopRelated
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
If Tinsley expired in 2010, Heat might have been interested.

Tinsley isn't good enough to sacrifice cap for

Master Mind
09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Gordon would make Miami contenders without a doubt--A line up of

Gordon
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Magloire

Dangerous!

Iodine
09-11-2008, 06:13 PM

Gordon
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Magloire

Dangerous!

:laugh:

HiphopRelated
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Gordon
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Magloire

Dangerous!
except Gordon isn't a pg

and we're hoping Magloire is good enough to limit Mark Blount's minutes, not be an answer @ center

MiamiHeat
09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I thought the Bulls were talking about Gordon to the Heat

Hawkeye15
09-11-2008, 07:41 PM

Gordon
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Magloire

Dangerous!

no point, no center in that lineup. And if they give up Haslem for him in a trade, no bench, at all.

theimortalone
09-12-2008, 01:09 AM

Gordon
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Magloire

Dangerous!

Not that dangerous!! Magloire your kidding me right? :laugh:

DQL
09-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Not that dangerous!! Magloire your kidding me right? :laugh:

no Magloire's eyes cover dunks are dangerous :laugh:

_Supreme_
09-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Ehm, as far as I know the Bulls offered Gordon to Miami, and Pat said "no thanks".

So the thread's title doesn't seem to be very accurate.

(there isn't even a link in the opening post)

29$JerZ
09-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Hornets need Ben the most. Not Miami

NYKnickFanatic
09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Hornets need Ben the most. Not Miami

Paul
Gordon
Peja
West
Chandler

:speechless: