PDA

View Full Version : What potential QB would we bring in next year.

9ersnation
09-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Depending on what JTO does and if the 49ers draft a QB or not. What potential free agent QB do you think we would bring in? I know a lot depends on the HC, but lets say the coaching staff stays the same, what do you guys think the depth chart would look like?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2009

bigmac8675
09-11-2008, 05:56 AM
I wouldn't mind taking a look at either JP Losman or even Matt Cassel if he proves to be a decent player this year with Brady out. Either one of those wont be a long term fix, but if (we should) we draft a QB after the 2nd round they can sit on the bench and learn behind one of those guys.

bigbutoski
09-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Well, we know that cleveland is not big enough for Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn....how bout we pick up one of them?

WillisLovechild
09-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Draft a guy in the second or third round. Maybe bring in a FA.

Darren5000
09-11-2008, 12:48 PM
First off

Let's make sure MIke NOlan is fired
Let's make sure Mike Martz is not around if he don't like him
Let's make sure we draft an Oline, then WRs along with our QB
We then work our Oline/WRs, see WHO can protect our QB WHO can PRODUCE for our QB
Let's then build a better Dline and get a pass rusher

The BS is going to stop! I will never declare Alex Smith a bust. I will always fault Mike NOlan for ruining this kid! Thanks, Nolan! Thanks for ruining this team and setting us on the path to Los Angeles! I as a fan have never been so embarrassed and ashamed of what we did to Alex Smith.

And cut JT from the team in 09, he'd be a TERRIBLE role model in CHEATING!:mad:

NinerNation
09-11-2008, 01:00 PM
We cant just pick up another FA that sucks on another team and pray he will do better on our team. If were going to do that, why not get a guy who has a history of success in college and draft him high. Unless JTO performs like Tom Brady last year, were going to need to draft another QB. The most NFL ready QB in my opinion is Stafford from UGA. The guys has everything in terms on skill set, physical attributes, and the mind we need. Now, if we dont have a high enough pick and cant draft him, then lets try to find a legit qb in the next couple rounds. My vote is definitely to draft a quality QB, not take a chance on a FA who couldn't cut it on another team. And please, lets not bring up tebow again. He's not going to be a good NFL qb.

NinerNation
09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
First off

Let's make sure MIke NOlan is fired
Let's make sure Mike Martz is not around if he don't like him
Let's make sure we draft an Oline, then WRs along with our QB
We then work our Oline/WRs, see WHO can protect our QB WHO can PRODUCE for our QB
Let's then build a better Dline and get a pass rusher

The BS is going to stop! I will never declare Alex Smith a bust. I will always fault Mike NOlan for ruining this kid! Thanks, Nolan! Thanks for ruining this team and setting us on the path to Los Angeles! I as a fan have never been so embarrassed and ashamed of what we did to Alex Smith.

And cut JT from the team in 09, he'd be a TERRIBLE role model in CHEATING!:mad:

Hey Darren, Ive kept my mouth shut because you are entitled to your opinion, but I think youre just baiting now. NO ONE else agrees with you at this point that we SHOULD MAKE SURE/TRY/LOSE so that nolan is fired. Doing well this season is our main goal at the moment. I think a lot of us can agree with you that Nolan hasnt done the best job, and would like to see him go IF the team cant get it together this year, but we're NOT hoping for it.

Darren5000
09-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey Darren, Ive kept my mouth shut because you are entitled to your opinion, but I think youre just baiting now. NO ONE else agrees with you at this point that we SHOULD MAKE SURE/TRY/LOSE so that nolan is fired. Doing well this season is our main goal at the moment. I think a lot of us can agree with you that Nolan hasnt done the best job, and would like to see him go IF the team cant get it together this year, but we're NOT hoping for it.

What was just said is called a blueprint of what I want to see on the team and a viewpoint/opinion. Then when you call me out on it and put in enticing words, that's the 'baiting'. Hello? you need a BLUEPRINT to build a house don't you, or do you just get Alex Smith material and just scatter it all around, or JT material?

The schedule is 5 and 11 written on it. I'll keep pointing it out with Mike Nolan:

NFC East, 0 and 4/0 and 2 overall in rematches to Eagles/Giants
Seattle, 2 and 4, 2 wins over a hurt inept Seattle team. Uh oh, Seattle is hurt again! Get that phony W ready and sing Kumbaya that our season is saved that we could beat an inept team about as much as Triple H can beat the inept wrestler.
Orleans, 0 and 2

And if in our feeble 7 and 9 season say we keep Nolan for we made 'such progress:
NFC NOrth, 2 and 2, with 0 and 2 overall to Chicago, 1 and 1 overall to Vikings, and possibly 3 and 0 vs. Lions and 0 and 1 vs. Packers
AFC South: 1 and 3, with win to Texans. And we got to go to Houston's Reliant stadium.
3rd or 4th place team...let's just say Eagles next year for like the 500th time
3rd or 4th place South team...which one can we lose to? Maybe Orleans, maybe Carolina, maybe Atlanta...pick a team Nolan will lose to.

You want this from Nolan? that's swell.:mad:
Just do me a favor and draft a QB, then get an Oline/WR in place within 2 years of that pick.:mad:

Davek49
09-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Listen enough with all this second string qb talk if we would trade a first round or even second round pick we could get an established starting qb thats what we need. Mcnabb (a little old), Carson palmer something like that. I still think we should draft a qb in the second or third round to groom not tebow running qbs dont work maybe sanchez. In next draft we also need a standout DT and OL.

kfranks22
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, we know that cleveland is not big enough for Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn....how bout we pick up one of them?

Great idea... I would love to see Anderson or Quinn in a Niners uniform... I also wouldn't mind giving up a draft pick for a guy like Brohm, Henne, or Beck... Otherwise draft a 2nd or 3rd round guy, kept JTO and/or Hill and groom your future correctly instead of throwing him into the fire and ruining his carreer as they did with Alex.

NinerNation
09-11-2008, 03:51 PM
What was just said is called a blueprint of what I want to see on the team and a viewpoint/opinion. Then when you call me out on it and put in enticing words, that's the 'baiting'. Hello? you need a BLUEPRINT to build a house don't you, or do you just get Alex Smith material and just scatter it all around, or JT material?

The schedule is 5 and 11 written on it. I'll keep pointing it out with Mike Nolan:

Seattle, 2 and 4, 2 wins over a hurt inept Seattle team. Uh oh, Seattle is hurt again! Get that phony W ready and sing Kumbaya that our season is saved that we could beat an inept team about as much as Triple H can beat the inept wrestler.
Orleans, 0 and 2

And if in our feeble 7 and 9 season say we keep Nolan for we made 'such progress:
NFC NOrth, 2 and 2, with 0 and 2 overall to Chicago, 1 and 1 overall to Vikings, and possibly 3 and 0 vs. Lions and 0 and 1 vs. Packers
AFC South: 1 and 3, with win to Texans. And we got to go to Houston's Reliant stadium.
3rd or 4th place South team...which one can we lose to? Maybe Orleans, maybe Carolina, maybe Atlanta...pick a team Nolan will lose to.

Just do me a favor and draft a QB, then get an Oline/WR in place within 2 years of that pick.:mad:

wow.

sportsnutzz
09-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Great idea... I would love to see Anderson or Quinn in a Niners uniform... I also wouldn't mind giving up a draft pick for a guy like Brohm, Henne, or Beck... Otherwise draft a 2nd or 3rd round guy, kept JTO and/or Hill and groom your future correctly instead of throwing him into the fire and ruining his carreer as they did with Alex.

Hell yeah Quinn, then load up the O line in the draft :D

Beck??? like BYU Beck? I bet we will be able to pick him up during the offseason if we want. They don't seem to be impressed with him. I am not sold on beck though, I watched him play a lot last year being in utah and all.. . . I don't know, thinking about it more as I sit here... he would be worth a try for sure. But I wouldn't want him as a planned #1.

downsos
09-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I think that we shoud draft a QB there is not a free agent on there that is either on there way out or a project so just draft a QB and develop him

sportsnutzz
09-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Orleans, 0 and 2

....WTF

sportsnutzz
09-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I think that we shoud draft a QB there is not a free agent on there that is either on there way out or a project so just draft a QB and develop him

We need both, we need a young QB to devolop for the future. But we need a vet to get by for a year or 2 and to bring along the "project"

rapjuicer06
09-11-2008, 05:26 PM
make a trade for garcia!! and draft one next year in the 3rd or 4th round

bigmac8675
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM
^^^Well now that Tampa Bay is sitting him in favor of Griese... something like that wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't be a huge fan of the move... but I think he would make our team better right away, and be a good mentor to a hopefully drafted young QB.

bigmac8675
09-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Actually here is a link about them putting him on the trading block...
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/11/bucs-shopping-garcia/