PDA

View Full Version : LeBron robbed Melo

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Ok, I'm problley gonna take alot of heat for this thread. Don't get me wrong LeBron is an absolute BEAST. He's arguably tha best player in tha game and one of my favorite players but, my argument is that he did not deserve to receive tha ROY award. long story short... 'Bron came into tha league with way to much hype he was 18 years old and people thought he was tha 2nd coming even dubed that I beleive. that's why I think he won it cuz he came into tha league with so much hype.

Carmelo deserved ROY I'll show you tha statistics...

Denver Nuggets tha year before drafting Melo, had 17 wins, 65 losses.
Melo's Rookie year Denver won 43 games, increasing by 26 wins.
Denver made tha playoffs.
Melo had 0 All-stars on that Nuggets team.

Melo's stats 03-04

PPG:21.0
BPG:0.5
SPG:1.2
APG:2.8
RPG:6.1
FT%:77.7
3P%:32.2
FG%:42.6

Tha Cavs were also 17-65 tha year
LeBron's rookie year Cleveland had 37 wins, increasing by 20 wins.
Clevland didn't make tha playoffs. (Till his 3rd year)
Zydrunas Illgauskas made tha all-star team in tha 2002-2003 season.

LeBron's Stats 03-04 season

PPG:20.9
BPG:0.7
SPG:1.6
APG:5.9
RPG:5.5
FT%:75.4
3P%:29.0
FG%:41.7

Melo beats LeBron in 5/8 statistical categories.
Denver is 8-2 against tha Cavs since both LeBron and Melo came into tha league

Players and analysts had this to say about Melo...

Michael Wilbon, Washington Post - “It's fine because this 20-year-old is the best rookie in the NBA. That's right, if I was voting for rookie of the year right now, today, I'd cast my vote for Anthony over LeBron James and not spend a whole lot of time agonizing over the decision.”

Ron Artest, Indiana Pacers – “He’s one of the toughest guys I’ve had to guard in a long time. He’s up there with the best. I don’t think a lot of people are going to be able to stop him. He played like an All-Star.”

Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics – “It took me about eight years - three in college and five in the pros - to get to some of the things he's already doing,'' Pierce said. ``I mean, he was only a freshman in college last year - unbelievable. He's gonna be unbelievable. He's scoring 20 points a game, he has a chance of making the playoffs, and he's only a rookie. I don’t even know if he knows what he’s doing out there. But once he understands what kind of presence he can have on the court, he’ll be phenomenal.”

Marty Burns, Sports Illustrated – “LeBron James might be “The Chosen One”, but when it comes to predicting this year’s Rookie of the Year, I can’t be yellow. I’m going with ‘Melo.”

Tracy McGrady, Orlando Magic - "In my opinion its got to be Carmelo (for Rookie of the Year). I was watching him playing the Lakers and he’s just the better basketball player. Carmelo is the better basketball player, and LeBron is the better athlete. Carmelo can score in many more ways.

Of course LeBron is tha better player NOW but, in 2004, Melo was. that's all I'm sayin... Both are vert gifted athletes, I'm lovin tha Melo-LeBron rivalry, and look forward to watchin these two for tha next 10+ years. and also look forward to tha day that each have a ring.

Let me know wat you think....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/bigballa153/Melo_Bron_627_071112.jpg

IBleedPurple
09-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah lots of fans were arguing this way back when it happened. Some analysts agreed. I completely agree, in fact, I don't think it was that close. Melo should've won easily. But being out here where the games get over when the east coast is sleeping doesn't help either.

But media hype affects personal awards, and Melo isn't as media friendly either.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
yea I agree 100% it's just sad to see. I'm still kinda new to PSD so i dont know about passed threads. but im always arguing with my friends and co-workers about this as well as tha DWill CP3 rivalry

Nice pic... Adrian Petersons a BEAST

Game_Over
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
I said it that year and got tons of crap for it, he was the better rookie!! Since then Lebron has been a little better..

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 10:57 PM
lol yea just a little...

kobeonekenobe
09-11-2008, 05:55 AM
dude im not so sure, not many players score 20, 5 and 5 in their rookie year. Im not taking anything away from Melo but Lebron deserved that award

Mario
09-11-2008, 07:17 AM
I said the exact same thing that year and everybody bashed me over it, Melo had better numbers, Lebron won b/c he's Lebron

BigT901
09-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Hey, that was 4 yrs ago, get over it. And if you look at it lebron was a better team player,and defensive player. Those are the things that get you far in this league. Thats why you guys cant make it pass the 1st round of the playoffs and he made it to the Championship Game. Just look at the assist. Melo was not the better rookie

PhillySportFan
09-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Either way, LeBron is the better player and to average 20/5/5 as a rookie is just sick. Melo had a sick rookie season as well. I can understand ya but ROY doesn't mean much, I'm sure LeBron would gladly give that ROY to Melo for a championship.

avsman05
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey, that was 4 yrs ago, get over it. And if you look at it lebron was a better team player,and defensive player. Those are the things that get you far in this league. Thats why you guys cant make it pass the 1st round of the playoffs and he made it to the Championship Game. Just look at the assist. Melo was not the better rookie

im not sure if you realize this but that championship series was in the past and they made it from the east. If the Nuggets were in the east they would have been to one as well. Look what happened Cleveland lost in 4 games to SA. But any ways Melo averged 21 ppg and 6 rpg those are pretty damn good numbers for a rookie. + they made the playoffs and Cleveland didnt.

Mario
09-12-2008, 08:09 AM
^^^good point, Denver is the west won 50 games and wuz the number 8 seed(i think), the number 8 seed in the east wuz under .