PDA

View Full Version : LeBron didn't deserve ROY

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Ok, I'm problley gonna take alot of heat for this thread. Don't get me wrong LeBron is an absolute BEAST. He's arguably tha best player in tha game and one of my favorite players but, my argument is that he did not deserve to receive tha ROY award. long story short... 'Bron came into tha league with way to much hype he was 18 years old and people thought he was tha 2nd coming even dubed that I beleive. that's why I think he won it cuz he came into tha league with so much hype.

Carmelo deserved ROY I'll show you tha statistics...

Denver Nuggets tha year before drafting Melo, had 17 wins, 65 losses.
Melo's Rookie year Denver won 43 games, increasing by 26 wins.
Denver made tha playoffs.
Melo had 0 All-stars on that Nuggets team.

Melo's stats 03-04

PPG:21.0
BPG:0.5
SPG:1.2
APG:2.8
RPG:6.1
FT%:77.7
3P%:32.2
FG%:42.6

Tha Cavs were also 17-65 tha year
LeBron's rookie year Cleveland had 37 wins, increasing by 20 wins.
Clevland didn't make tha playoffs. (Till his 3rd year)
Zydrunas Illgauskas made tha all-star team in tha 2002-2003 season.

LeBron's Stats 03-04 season

PPG:20.9
BPG:0.7
SPG:1.6
APG:5.9
RPG:5.5
FT%:75.4
3P%:29.0
FG%:41.7

Melo beats LeBron in 5/8 statistical categories.
Denver is 8-2 against tha Cavs since both LeBron and Melo came into tha league

Players and analysts had this to say about Melo...

Michael Wilbon, Washington Post - “It's fine because this 20-year-old is the best rookie in the NBA. That's right, if I was voting for rookie of the year right now, today, I'd cast my vote for Anthony over LeBron James and not spend a whole lot of time agonizing over the decision.”

Ron Artest, Indiana Pacers – “He’s one of the toughest guys I’ve had to guard in a long time. He’s up there with the best. I don’t think a lot of people are going to be able to stop him. He played like an All-Star.”

Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics – “It took me about eight years - three in college and five in the pros - to get to some of the things he's already doing,'' Pierce said. ``I mean, he was only a freshman in college last year - unbelievable. He's gonna be unbelievable. He's scoring 20 points a game, he has a chance of making the playoffs, and he's only a rookie. I don’t even know if he knows what he’s doing out there. But once he understands what kind of presence he can have on the court, he’ll be phenomenal.”

Marty Burns, Sports Illustrated – “LeBron James might be “The Chosen One”, but when it comes to predicting this year’s Rookie of the Year, I can’t be yellow. I’m going with ‘Melo.”

Tracy McGrady, Orlando Magic - "In my opinion its got to be Carmelo (for Rookie of the Year). I was watching him playing the Lakers and he’s just the better basketball player. Carmelo is the better basketball player, and LeBron is the better athlete. Carmelo can score in many more ways.

Of course LeBron is tha better player NOW but, in 2004, Melo was. that's all I'm sayin... Both are vert gifted athletes, I'm lovin tha Melo-LeBron rivalry, and look forward to watchin these two for tha next 10+ years. and also look forward to tha day that each have a ring.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/bigballa153/Melo_Bron_627_071112.jpg

Let me know wat you think......

Hawkeye15
09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Ok, I'm problley gonna take alot of heat for this thread. Don't get me wrong LeBron is an absolute BEAST. He's arguably tha best player in tha game and one of my favorite players but, my argument is that he did not deserve to receive tha ROY award. long story short... 'Bron came into tha league with way to much hype he was 18 years old and people thought he was tha 2nd coming even dubed that I beleive. that's why I think he won it cuz he came into tha league with so much hype.

Melo's Rookie year Denver won 43 games, increasing by 23 wins.

Melo's stats 03-04

Michael Wilbon, Washington Post - “It's fine because this 20-year-old is the best rookie in the NBA. That's right, if I was voting for rookie of the year right now, today, I'd cast my vote for Anthony over LeBron James and not spend a whole lot of time agonizing over the decision.”

Ron Artest, Indiana Pacers – “He’s one of the toughest guys I’ve had to guard in a long time. He’s up there with the best. I don’t think a lot of people are going to be able to stop him. He played like an All-Star.”

Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics – “It took me about eight years - three in college and five in the pros - to get to some of the things he's already doing,'' Pierce said. ``I mean, he was only a freshman in college last year - unbelievable. He's gonna be unbelievable. He's scoring 20 points a game, he has a chance of making the playoffs, and he's only a rookie. I don’t even know if he knows what he’s doing out there. But once he understands what kind of presence he can have on the court, he’ll be phenomenal.”

Marty Burns, Sports Illustrated – “LeBron James might be “The Chosen One”, but when it comes to predicting this year’s Rookie of the Year, I can’t be yellow. I’m going with ‘Melo.”

Tracy McGrady, Orlando Magic - "In my opinion its got to be Carmelo (for Rookie of the Year). I was watching him playing the Lakers and he’s just the better basketball player. Carmelo is the better basketball player, and LeBron is the better athlete. Carmelo can score in many more ways.

Of course LeBron is tha better player NOW but, in 2004, Melo was. that's all I'm sayin

No, you have a great argument. But LeBron won the ROY before the season even started. He would have had to taken a dump on center court game 1 to lose it. That being said, the better player today is LeBron by a complete landslide.

ARMIN12NBA
09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
This was discussed many times on PTI and other shows. Lebron didn't deserve the award, but he got it anyways (it's called NBA marketing people...get with the program).

acehole
its a close comparision, the ROY couldve gone either way but like this guy above me said, it was pretty much decided before the season even started.

Nets fan 93
do you not understand James had nothing?

PhxGiant
09-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd say the decision was correct, sure Melo might have had him beaten in some categories but not by much of a deficit. Twenty points is hard for a rookie to average and Lebron also had 5.9 asissts (6 basically), so take away some of those assists and he would have easily been out scoring Carmelo. What i'm saying is his overall game was better, and yes i'm sure the hype had something to do with him winning but Lebron just flat out earned it.

astrosmaniac
09-10-2008, 08:14 PM
do you not understand James had nothing?

Z is better than anything that melo had :confused:

JMan17
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Z is better than anything that melo had :confused:

QFT

astrosmaniac
09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
QFT

?

theuuord
09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Is this post five years old? Because nobody talks about ROY when talking about either of these players anymore, and it's pretty clear who is a better player now...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I said that ITS CLEAR who tha better player is now. it's just a rant that I thought about that I talk about with my friends and such. and at that time Z was tha better than anything Melo had offensivly...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
No, you have a great argument. But LeBron won the ROY before the season even started. He would have had to taken a dump on center court game 1 to lose it. That being said, the better player today is LeBron by a complete landslide.

LOL
LeBron takin a dooky on center court.
:puke:

HouRealCoach
09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Lebron was a game out and the second year he lost the tiebreaker....Dont make this a Melo vs. Lebron thread cause Lebron is, was, and always will be Lightyears ahead of him

JMan17
09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
?

QFT=quote for the truth

what you don't like me agreeing with ya?

Rome
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
The hype played a huge factor, but the stats are close and the race, should have been close but Lebron won it even before graduating High school.

ShaunRiching9
09-10-2008, 08:42 PM
you make a great point but it had to be bron bron

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Lebron was a game out and the second year he lost the tiebreaker....Dont make this a Melo vs. Lebron thread cause Lebron is, was, and always will be Lightyears ahead of him

Statistics show he wasnt his rookie year.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Why isnt making tha playoffs being takin into consideration...?

heyman321
09-10-2008, 08:45 PM
This is such a rant thread lol. Lebron is rookie of the year. Too bad. There is no time machine in the NBA. Or else, the Suns and Mavs would have not been so stupid and Stockton and Malone would have been smart enough to get Robert Horry to tackle Michael Jordan outside of the court.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
LeBron, as a local Ohio player, also brought a lot more than stats. He got Cleveland fans interested again, and made them respectable again. Melo was and is a great offensive talent, but LeBron is a dynamic player and personality that bumped the NBA into another level. That alone seperated him from Melo.

astrosmaniac
09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
QFT=quote for the truth

what you don't like me agreeing with ya?

no i never heard that abreviation before :shrug:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 09:08 PM
LeBron, as a local Ohio player, also brought a lot more than stats. He got Cleveland fans interested again, and made them respectable again. Melo was and is a great offensive talent, but LeBron is a dynamic player and personality that bumped the NBA into another level. That alone seperated him from Melo.

Melo didnt get Nuggets fans interested again? how were tha cavs more respectable? they won 35 games and didnt make tha post season till Brons 3rd year...

Melo has been to tha playoffs every year of his career... he may not have done much in tha post season but thats besides tha point.

BADizzleBoY
09-10-2008, 09:10 PM
wtf are we even talking about this, the past is the past... he did win it period. Let it go :confused:

Beno7500
09-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Lebron did deserve the ROY. He was the better player then, and he is the better player now.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Melo didnt get Nuggets fans interested again? how were tha cavs more respectable? they won 35 games and didnt make tha post season till Brons 3rd year...

Melo has been to tha playoffs every year of his career... he may not have done much in tha post season but thats besides tha point.

he did bring them to respectable. But LeBron did more for the game than he did. I am not trying to diss Melo, I think he is a great offensive talent. But LeBron deserved to win ROY. Stats were close, LeBron got the average American to pay attention to bball again.

dre1990
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
nice thread i agree with you

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
he did bring them to respectable. But LeBron did more for the game than he did. I am not trying to diss Melo, I think he is a great offensive talent. But LeBron deserved to win ROY. Stats were close, LeBron got the average American to pay attention to bball again.

loli understand wat your sayin. but just cuz my nephew looks up to LeBron and started playing basketball... thats wats being considered when votiing for ROY?? thats absoulutly ridiculous.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
nice thread i agree with you

THANK U!!!!! :cheers:

bearsfanforlife
09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I only have 2 things to say about this thread..

1) Why do you continue do say "tha" instead of the

2) 43 wins - 17 wins = 26 win difference

Hawkeye15
09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
loli understand wat your sayin. but just cuz my nephew looks up to LeBron and started playing basketball... thats wats being considered when votiing for ROY?? thats absoulutly ridiculous.

well, when 2 players have identical stats, and their teams both gained respectability, then yes, impact to the game takes effect. And I would have had no problem with Melo winning it. Like I said, LeBron won it before the season started. But I am not going to be convinced by any argument that Melo was more deserving

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 09:44 PM
I only have 2 things to say about this thread..

1) Why do you continue do say "tha" instead of the

2) 43 wins - 17 wins = 26 win difference

1)habbit.

2) fixed, i was startin to get a little frustrated when i was typing this thread so i wasn't thinkin very straight. give me a break

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 09:47 PM
well, when 2 players have identical stats, and their teams both gained respectability, then yes, impact to the game takes effect. And I would have had no problem with Melo winning it. Like I said, LeBron won it before the season started. But I am not going to be convinced by any argument that Melo was more deserving

I can respect that.

bogdanrom
09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
First of all Anthony wasn't going to win this award no matter what he did(unless he averaged like 30 8 and 8). Also I don't think that a team's record and or making the playoffs should be important to ROY. If this was MVP then yes. If you look at their stats they're pretty close but Lebron has the slight edge. Plus what does it matter now. Lebron>Anthony.

jrodmesche
09-10-2008, 10:25 PM
very good observation

Lone Maverick
09-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Many people feel the same way that in that year Melo SHOULD have won it, but like many have already said LeBron had in the bag on hype alone.

If an award was given out now I don't think it'd be close though lol.

Goon.Weezy
09-10-2008, 10:49 PM
he was a lock to win it when he got draftedd

Fury
09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
sorry your wrong u lebron hater...he deserved the rookie of the year

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-10-2008, 10:56 PM
sorry your wrong u lebron hater...he deserved the rookie of the year

Lol I'm a LeBron hater now

philab
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Andre Miller, Voshon Leonard, Marcus Camby, and a healthy Nene is a lot better than 2nd-year Boozer, Ricky Davis, Jeff McInnis, and Ilgauskas.

Also, judging teams based on their number of All-Stars is ridiculous. And Z didn't even make the All-Star team that year. So it's 0-0.

And I don't quite understand the relevance of the Paul Pierce and Ron Artest quotes to this topic.

Aside from all that, Carmelo had a very good case for ROY. But seriously, their numbers are VERY similar. I don't really think it's worth *****ing about FIVE YEARS after the fact.

jnb58
09-10-2008, 11:48 PM

Melo's stats 03-04

Of course LeBron is tha better player NOW but, in 2004, Melo was. that's all I'm sayin... Both are vert gifted athletes, I'm lovin tha Melo-LeBron rivalry, and look forward to watchin these two for tha next 10+ years. and also look forward to tha day that each have a ring.

I'm not convinced. He averaged 3 assists more than Mello and was a half a rebound worse. Lebron made Big Z a better player. The big point in Mello's favor was that he did it in the West.

LeBron's stats are slightly inflated due to where he plays. He is still the best in the league IMO.

ARMIN12NBA
09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm not convinced. He averaged 3 assists more than Mello and was a half a rebound worse. Lebron made Big Z a better player. The big point in Mello's favor was that he did it in the West.

LeBron's stats are slightly inflated due to where he plays. He is still the best in the league IMO.

Big Z was an all-star before Lebron and his stats were better before Lebron. Lebron didn't make him a better player.

LA_Raiders
09-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Melo deserved It...but is all about $ now in NBA (LaBroom is more Marketable)

I hate Stern....***....

arlubas
09-11-2008, 03:50 AM
I agree that Melo deserved the ROY more but isn't this a bit old by now?

Chronz
09-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Melo was the better player that year but it wasnt by much and it certainly wasnt because he led the Nuggets to the playoffs. The return of a healthy Camby and the acquisition of Andre Miller had more to do with that run than Melo. The fact that Melo was a great rookie and the continued progression of Nenes development didnt hurt either.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-11-2008, 04:24 AM
Andre Miller, Voshon Leonard, Marcus Camby, and a healthy Nene is a lot better than 2nd-year Boozer, Ricky Davis, Jeff McInnis, and Ilgauskas.

Also, judging teams based on their number of All-Stars is ridiculous. And Z didn't even make the All-Star team that year. So it's 0-0.

And I don't quite understand the relevance of the Paul Pierce and Ron Artest quotes to this topic.

Aside from all that, Carmelo had a very good case for ROY. But seriously, their numbers are VERY similar. I don't really think it's worth *****ing about FIVE YEARS after the fact.

Are you an idiot? Z wasnt an all-star tha year before lebron arived?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_All-Star_Game

I wasnt judging tha teams based on all-star i was just comparing them saying that Melo got to tha playoffs on his own. LeBron had help! and didnt make tha post season.

I'm not *****ing i'm just letting people know.

MiamiHeatWade33
09-11-2008, 04:36 AM
who cares lebron had the most votes and had the better style of play then melo his playing style was better

Tian Tian Boy
09-11-2008, 05:11 AM
between melo and lebron that time, ROY should have been carmelo, he has the perimeter, drive, strong moves to the basket, clutch shooting, rebounding skills and post-up moves, during his rookie season!! lebron can't even shoot the freethrow consistently...

melo his debut in the playoffs gives Bruce bowen hard time guarding him.. and that was admitted by bowen in his Nba fundamentals tutorial in youtube..

and they say melo can't even pass the 1st round?? hello!! Denver is in the west compared to the competition in the east.. so cavs reached the finals and been swept..

the only thing i can think of lebron's advantage over melo is the speed.. but the technique and talent for the game its pretty much in MELO's side.

take note:
in their rookie season, if only wade is healthy the whole season he could hav been the ROY if it will be decided fairly hahaha... LEBRON won the ROY award even before going to the draft..

Mallpha
09-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Tbh 0.1 point advantage is no advantage most of the difrences there are pretty much so close im not sure if you can be serious about them i would only say Melo had noticable more rebounds but Bron had much more assists.

About that 2003 Nuggets roster they had Camby, Miller, Nene i really wouldnt say it wa sa bad rooster and it was pretty clear what position Melo will play there and what the Nuggets want from him. It was a really nice team not great but defo better than 2003 Cavs. Melo had a nice welcome and much more stable situation around him stats wont tell you that.

While LeBrons situation in Cavs was pretty messed up if i remamber good they played him at point and some really weird things were were happening at Cavs positions from 1-3. Only 2 players aside of LeBron that were regulars in starting five were Bozer and Big-Z.

But to be fair i have to say i was a bit disapointed that Melo and LBJ didnt share ROY i dont think you can really say any one of the at that time did deserv it more but im sure Melo did deserv it as well.

HouRealCoach
09-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Lebron is better at Steals, Energy, Passing, Driving, and they were jus about the same with Rebounding and Scoring....Melo also NEVER holds Defense, Is a ball hog, and he does is want to shoot and put up alot of points

MoBASS
09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Too bad Carmelo plays absolutely no defense. He could've been a legend.

fishfan79
09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
could of perhaps argued wade whom took his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs that year but what does it matter? they arent going to redo the award

midwestmadman
09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
You made a very strong case for Carmelo but I think you are forgetting about one thing: DARKO MILICIC!

Rookie Year Stats:
YR. TM G MIN FG% FT% STL BLK TO RB AST PTS
03/03 DET 34 4.7 .262 .583 0.2 0.4 0.4 1.2 0.2 1.4

In the 34 total regular season games he played in with the Pistons the record was 34-0! The team went 54-28 overall, without Darko they were a mere 20-28 well under .500. Darko and the Pistons also went to the playoffs but they didn't stop there, he took his impressive 1.4 points and rode it all the way to the NBA Finals where he played in game 5 after the Pistons had a 20+ point lead and dominated the last 32 seconds of that game! Darko the true Rookie of the year!

LOL

midwestmadman
09-11-2008, 12:29 PM
P.S. I really don't know what the record was in Detroit when he played because I couldn't find it online. I just know he only played when they we up by like 15 points or more in the fourth quarter. So I was assuming they would have won every game he got into.

Kiss Ma Grits
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
For those who are saying the hype factor played a role I most definitely agree because ANYONE WHO COMES OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL INTO ANYTHING PROFESSIONAL WITH THAT MUCH HYPE AND LIVES UP TO IT AND WAY MORE DESERVES TO BE "ROY". So quit whining melo fans!

jnb58
09-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Big Z was an all-star before Lebron and his stats were better before Lebron. Lebron didn't make him a better player.

What are you talking about? He was an all-star Lebron's second year. 03 vs. 05 both all-star years.

03 vs. 05
FG% .441 - .468
PPG 17.2 - 16.9
TRB 7.5 - 8.6
BLK 1.9 - 2.1

It seems that the only stat that got worse was ppg by .3 pts. Is that what you are basing what you say on? I think 05 was better. How are you backing your argument? 03 vs 05 or his conglomerate average before and after Lebron (or something else)?

The difference in his game is that he is not asked to carry the scoring load any more. His rebounds went up and they win now.

I think Big Z would say he is a better player with Lebron.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
who else did melo have on his team?

THE MTL
09-11-2008, 03:46 PM

Melo's stats 03-04

Are you seriously beasting on 5/8 stat categories when scoring was 0.1 difference. FG/3pt/FT seperated by less than 2%.

I hope you know 21pts 6 assists 5.5 rebs IS INCREDIBLE stats for a vet let alone a rookie.

But it could have gone either way.

_Sn1P3r_
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Yea it could've gone either way. Whoever won it, both deserved it.

D_Rose1118
09-11-2008, 05:32 PM
this was like what happened this year durant had the rookie of the year on lock before the season started

even though i think horford should have won it.

jgonboricua
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
this was like what happened this year durant had the rookie of the year on lock before the season started

even though i think horford should have won it.

aww...a new poster....welcome to the forums,

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
For those who are saying the hype factor played a role I most definitely agree because ANYONE WHO COMES OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL INTO ANYTHING PROFESSIONAL WITH THAT MUCH HYPE AND LIVES UP TO IT AND WAY MORE DESERVES TO BE "ROY". So quit whining melo fans!

But he didn't live up to tha hype.... think of how good Bron is now... thats how good people expected him to be as a rookie!!! he didnt even make tha playoffs.

theimortalone
09-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Why the hell did Bron Bron not deserve ROY?

Chronz
09-12-2008, 01:36 AM
But he didn't live up to tha hype.... think of how good Bron is now... thats how good people expected him to be as a rookie!!! he didnt even make tha playoffs.

What a load of lies

jnb58
09-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Why the hell did Bron Bron not deserve ROY?

What a load of lies

I think this is one of those "devil's advocate" threads. It doesn't make sense unless the guy hates Lebron or hasn't done his homework. Otherwise he is fishing for an argument or hasn't flipped a coin before. There is no point in arguing.

Melo could have won but it was VERY close and IMO Lebron should have won.

That is how it goes sometimes.

2009odom2009
09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
you know what your all wrong that year luke walton went to the finals he should of been mvp haha he threw 7pts 7ast in gm 2 of the finals....lebron didnt smell the playoffs and carmello got a beating from the timberwolves i believe...yepp...luke and brian cook went to work!

Lebron23
09-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Melo deserved the award in 2004, but LeBron is now the better player while Melo is still a Second Round Virgin after 5 years in the NBA.

Famous03
09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah he did, you have to take to count that Melo had K-Mart, Miller, Camby, and etc. Lebron didnt have anyone.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-13-2008, 11:21 AM
This thread is true. Melo>Lebron, rookie year only
better stats, and wins for team. And Z was an all star, sure melo had better players but he was in a better conference and still got better stats with better players.

prash
09-13-2008, 11:56 AM
During '03-'04 I thought Melo was the better player, but every year since LBJ has proven to be the better baller.. .. even that yea when r Melo hit like 9 game winners.

G-Funk
09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
it was all hype

23LBJCleBrowns
09-13-2008, 03:23 PM
yes he did. lebron had no one, carmelo had a supporting cast

Gilbert>TheRest
09-13-2008, 04:02 PM
i hate lebron but he deserved it.

lebrons 6apg is what got him it

mamba24
09-13-2008, 04:26 PM
I'd say the decision was correct, sure Melo might have had him beaten in some categories but not by much of a deficit. Twenty points is hard for a rookie to average and Lebron also had 5.9 asissts (6 basically), so take away some of those assists and he would have easily been out scoring Carmelo. What i'm saying is his overall game was better, and yes i'm sure the hype had something to do with him winning but Lebron just flat out earned it.

lebron didnt take his team to the playoffs tho... ya the stats were close... the deciding factor shouldve been playoffs

heyman321
09-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Melo deserved the award in 2004, but LeBron is now the better player while Melo is still a Second Round Virgin after 5 years in the NBA.

Rofl second round virgin. Couldn't agree more.

knownuffball
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Looks like I final found some true B-ball fans... Stats don't lie, I've been arguing that ROY award from when LeBron won it to this very day... MELO WAS ROBBED!!! The last post said it best, LeBron won the ROY award before he graduated high school, STRAIGHT!!!!

cmellofan15
09-15-2008, 12:59 PM

Exactly, but 2nd round virgin hurts :cry:

pacofunk64
09-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Melo was deserving...but have you seen him play D.

DaNtHeMaN628
09-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't understand how some of you can't realize that Melo had far superior talent surrounding him.

NYKnickFanatic
09-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Who cares. This was like what? 5 years ago.

Its over with, move on.

LeBron James won, case closed.

cahawk
09-16-2008, 01:40 AM
If Melo was robbed of ROY, maybe that makes up for Melo robbing the NCAA Title when he only attended classes at Syracuse for 2months.
Never passed a class at Syracuse nor ever even attended a class the 2nd semester but won an NCAA title?

Beno7500
09-16-2008, 01:45 AM
If Melo was robbed of ROY, maybe that makes up for Melo robbing the NCAA Title when he only attended classes at Syracuse for 2months.
Never passed a class at Syracuse nor ever even attended a class the 2nd semester but won an NCAA title?

:clap::clap:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-16-2008, 01:59 AM

How do you know?? You had a class with Melo?

Just cuz he didn't go to class what that hafta do with him winning an NCAA title. Cuse' scouted Melo to go to there school and win them an NCAA championship, and he did exactly that. If he chooses not to go to class thats his own business. If he would have broken his leg in that tournament, not attending class would bite him in tha ***... but, now Melo now has a multi-million dollar NBA contract, and a multi-million dollar Nike contract.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-18-2008, 11:32 PM
the hype won it for lebron