PDA

View Full Version : Mayo played all Snaps!

kbjohnson26
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Well BB said Mayo was going to get a good run-out and low and behold he played every snap when the defense was out there. According to the Globe he was the Only guy on defense to play every snap. Looks like he is off to a positive start!

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
He's a beast, what can I say...

JerseyBrave
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I believe we have a serious defensive rookie of the year candidate on this team.

Crickr
09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
What a stud that man is going to be.

Snydesdale
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Definatley he will be a BAMF!

ERLynx
09-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Monster.

ZHawk1123
09-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Solid.

BeAn 5 ToWnE
09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Definatley he will be a BAMF!

Dane Cook. :D

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
ZHawk's avatar speaks for itself.

ERLynx
09-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Do you guys think BB really tricked Mangina into taking Gholston? I dont get it. ><

Crickr
09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Do you guys think BB really tricked Mangina into taking Gholston? I dont get it. ><

Not a chance hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Intimidator
09-11-2008, 06:45 PM
The knock on Gholston is that he disappears in key situations. If you watch some of Ohio State's games from the last two years, which I have, then you will probably find that knock is appropriate. Gholston's stock rose after he played an amazing game against Michigan back in 2006. Now, don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but he's not top 10 caliber, IMO. Almost every mock draft had the Pats taking him, and I honestly think that Mangini's decision to take Gholston had something to do with that. Take that for what it's worth.

ERLynx
09-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks Int, that makes sense. I love Mayo as a ILB. It just seems like he fits. So since you're the professor on this, school me a little on Crable. Is he going to be a monster too? I liked him in the few games i saw at Mich.

The Intimidator
09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks Int, that makes sense. I love Mayo as a ILB. It just seems like he fits. So since you're the professor on this, school me a little on Crable. Is he going to be a monster too? I liked him in the few games i saw at Mich.

You're giving me too much credit, but thank you. Yeah I love Crable. He looked real good in preseason, and of course, was a beast at Michigan. I still remember the hit he had on Troy Smith a couple years ago. I posted a link to the hit below. He ran a 4.64 in the 40 yard dash, which is impressive for a 6 foot 5 inch, 250 pound kid. He lacks a true position, but he could fit many roles in our defense. I think he could be one of the steals of this past draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOmGMGUDPbk

ERLynx
09-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Yea I know that hit. it was a 15 yd personal foul. BB warned him about going helmet to helmet. I love his intensity though. Where do you see him playing? I think his body type suits him perfectly for a rover / OLB spot. Plus he is fast, so maybe he can cover a little better than some of the older fellas. I'm excited about him.

bagwell368
09-12-2008, 09:28 AM
True guys. Mayo is a stud, and Crable has me drooling as a possible McGinest type with shades of Ted Hendricks.

Crickr
09-12-2008, 10:59 AM
During camp I was as excited about Crable as Mayo. The comparisons were of him being a young Willy McGinest tall lankey and a beast. I think they are right. He will get some good playing time this year probably in sub packages and maybe even a start or two . I am looking forward to seeing him on the feild.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
and gholston is the next.....tully banta-cain!!!!

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I like the Crable-McGinnest comparisons. McGinnest was placed in a variety of different positions over the course of his first few seasons in the league, and was actually placed at DB a couple times during that stretch, if you remember. Now, I'm not suggesting that Crable will play safety this season, because McGinnest only played there due to necessity, but the fact remains that he has the size to play on the line and the speed to play on the outside. That's the kind of stuff you can't teach. And Crable, like Mayo, is a student of the game who has been soaking in all the wisdom of guys like Mike Vrabel and Adalius Thomas. The team is really high on him, and from what I've read here, so are all of you. It will be fun to watch the two of them mature in Belichick's system.

chomaru
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Crable kinda reminds me of Chris Slade.

kbjohnson26
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah I was really happy when I saw Crable's name on the draft screen. He hasn't been activated for a game yet, but I can definitely see him getting some good looks on some sub-packages.

But as far as Mayo is concerned, he seems to be very smart and BB is definitely showing some confidence in him and he is looking like another strong defender that came out of the first round from the Pats.

The Intimidator
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah, overall it was a great draft for the Pats. They picked up Mayo, Crable, Wheatley, Wilhite, Slater, and they baited the Jets into taking Gholston.

futureheisman
09-30-2008, 07:59 PM
mayo the next patrick willis

ERLynx
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM

thats wishful thinking. lets just hope he can be the next jerod mayo.

J-E-T-S
10-01-2008, 12:42 AM
and gholston is the next.....tully banta-cain!!!!

Well time will tell.

I was just pissed that those Raiders took McFadden. Damn black hole in Oakland. I wouldnt blame Mangini taking him because BB might have. In football you always strategize even when drafting. Heck we stole Dustin Keller from under the Giants nose!!:D

The Intimidator
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM

Dude, you give a new meaning to post padding. You resurrect threads that have been dead for weeks...