PDA

View Full Version : Rant of the day

barreleffact
09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Lebron James...2007 takes his team to the NBA finals. He makes his team better. He is the chosen one...I agree. He is an incredible individual talent, and his skills ar far above his time, but some achievments deserve an * next to them, and this is one

The fact is, Bron had no real competition until the 3rd round. He was given an all access pass to at least see Detroit that could have easily gone to Chicago. He put on some late game heroics and destroyed Detroit in at least one game going on a scoring spree for like 29 of the last 30 points. That was nothing short of amazing, but after he was destroyed, picked apart, and brought down to earth by the Spurs. IMO that proved that he should never have gotten to the finals. He played one actual series and people say, he took his team to the finals...NO!!! He played a series and some practice series and then got outmatched. Wade took his team to the finals and outplayed the mavs after being down 0-2. Kobe got 2 games on the Celtics, with some terrible officiating. Im not a huge conspiracy nut but 30 more freethrows for boston in game 1...did anyone see the screens KG was setting? He was pushing people around the entire series and the refs never said anything. the TV analysts did...live as they happened too. but the refs called no whistles. Am I saying Wade and Kobe can carry a team better than Lebron? Not entirely. its a rant. no real point except i dont think his achievement should be considered legit. I'm tired of people saying he's so great because he took his team to the finals. that isnt why he's great. the knicks got to the finals for the first of SA 4 rings. did they deserve it? no. it was the lockout shortened year. The fact remains, he took them to the final, but the clippers could get to the finals if given the right tems to face. Agree, disagree, undecided?

Jezeble
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
^My god -- WHO LET THE HATERS OUT???

barreleffact
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
^My god -- WHO LET THE HATERS OUT???

how is it hating? its just being realistic. that isnt the reason why he is great by far. Of all his achievemnts, its one of the worst to use for him. its like saying, hey i got the most saught after chick on the planet... I was a rebound/default guy and she left w someone else. but I had a chance to make her mine

but really. he played the wizards then the nets....could there be any 2 easier playoff teams?

NYKnickFanatic
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Lebron James...2007 takes his team to the NBA finals. He makes his team better. He is the chosen one...I agree. He is an incredible individual talent, and his skills ar far above his time, but some achievments deserve an * next to them, and this is one

The fact is, Bron had no real competition until the 3rd round. He was given an all access pass to at least see Detroit that could have easily gone to Chicago. He put on some late game heroics and destroyed Detroit in at least one game going on a scoring spree for like 29 of the last 30 points. That was nothing short of amazing, but after he was destroyed, picked apart, and brought down to earth by the Spurs. IMO that proved that he should never have gotten to the finals. He played one actual series and people say, he took his team to the finals...NO!!! He played a series and some practice series and then got outmatched. Wade took his team to the finals and outplayed the mavs after being down 0-2. Kobe got 2 games on the Celtics, with some terrible officiating. Im not a huge conspiracy nut but 30 more freethrows for boston in game 1...did anyone see the screens KG was setting? He was pushing people around the entire series and the refs never said anything. the TV analysts did...live as they happened too. but the refs called no whistles. Am I saying Wade and Kobe can carry a team better than Lebron? Not entirely. its a rant. no real point except i dont think his achievement should be considered legit. I'm tired of people saying he's so great because he took his team to the finals. that isnt why he's great. the knicks got to the finals for the first of SA 4 rings. did they deserve it? no. it was the lockout shortened year. The fact remains, he took them to the final, but the clippers could get to the finals if given the right tems to face. Agree, disagree, undecided?

Yeah Wade did a lot for that team, but he was not alone.

Posey played a big role.

They had many players to help out Wade.

Oh, and they also had Shaq.

NYKnickFanatic
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
how is it hating? its just being realistic. that isnt the reason why he is great by far. Of all his achievemnts, its one of the worst to use for him. its like saying, hey i got the most saught after chick on the planet... I was a rebound/default guy and she left w someone else. but I had a chance to make her mine

but really. he played the wizards then the nets....could there be any 2 easier playoff teams?

Those teams were not easy teams.

I dont think the Wizards had Arenas, but they still had Butler and Jamison.

fatpat1116
09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
disagree whole heartadly

fatpat1116
09-10-2008, 02:59 PM

if im not mistaken wade beat the same nets team as well as the same pistons team and with a much better supporting cast

MiamiHeat
09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
People should read this
http://www.ihatelebronjames.com/why.html

pebloemer
09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Those teams were not easy teams.

I dont think the Wizards had Arenas, but they still had Butler and Jamison.

The Wizards had been free falling from first in the conference since Arenas went down. It was not the same Wizard's team playing without Arenas that we saw last year. Arenas was huge for them during the year and they were still adapting.

HuskerTB
09-10-2008, 04:26 PM
All three of them deserve recognition for taking their teams to the Finals. Not one of those teams was expected to do anything significant at the beginning of the year. Period.

barreleffact
09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
All three of them deserve recognition for taking their teams to the Finals. Not one of those teams was expected to do anything significant at the beginning of the year. Period.

I disagree. Wade's team was championship caliber already and could have won it the year before had wade not been injured against detroit. Kobe's team went from a bad projection to a contender in the first month, and lebron was never seen as a true contender. he just got seeded luckily

fatpat, i wasnt arguing that the pistons were easy. that was bron's ony competition in the eastern conference that I counted as an actual series

KYknickfan- yes Wade had help. I give posey and Alonzo a lot of credit for that victory. Shaq....not so much. people can argue his presence all they want but i saw every game, and while i dont remember, nor do i feel like looking up, the stat-lines I remember either shaq couldnt stay on the court or wasnt contributing while on it. I remember Zo and Posey played excellently but Wade was on an entire level of his own.

BillyHoyle35
09-10-2008, 06:31 PM
key thing here: Wade's team actually won it, the others didn't

_Sn1P3r_
09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
People should read this
http://www.ihatelebronjames.com/why.html

Hah wow. I wonder if anyone on PSD made this website.