PDA

View Full Version : dragic?

ryanj12344
09-10-2008, 11:28 AM
does anyone know the latest info on goran? i havnt heard about it for like 2 weeks now and i just wanted to know if hes in phoenix yet or if he is gunna get signed soon or whats the deal.

Tom81
09-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I hear that he is in phoenix and prepare with other guys.
He not sign with with suns yet.
I just say what I know.Sorry if I wrong.

chadillachembre
09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
ya i posted a thread about this a week or more ago. i was wondering the same thing. we were so happy to kill his contract over seas but havent gotten him inked to a deal with us yet

shotblockershaq
09-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm actually worried that the suns won't sign him. Maybe they are further analyzing his game? I heard from sources that his track record from Europe shows that he won't be able to do much in limited time. Not a hater but just questioning why the signing is taking so long.

PhxGiant
09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
He's been working out here. I think he has to get a work visa since he's not from this country, i think the long wait is due to paper work and contract negotiations ect.

STAT32
09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I heard we might not sign him till mid september so that's coming up pretty quick here. Get it done Kerr.

Rome
09-10-2008, 06:01 PM
That was my thought too. Should have him signed soon. I bet in another week were gonna hear something.

amare#1
09-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Kind of worrying me a bit also. But it should go through within the next 2 weeks. I'd be extremely shocked if he didn't get signed... Kerr would've thought it through before he spent so much money on the buyout alone.

king4day
09-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Initial reports were end of september so he can complete some commitments he had overseas.
We'll get him soon.

Rome
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not worried at all. He's gonna be my favorite rookie we've had in awhile.

PhxGiant
09-11-2008, 09:37 PM
^^^ Same here Rome. Man i cant even remember the last time we had not just one but TWO rookies that will contribute, hmmmm the last one must have been Barbosa and before that Amare unless i'm mistaken.

theimortalone
09-11-2008, 10:39 PM
^^^ Same here Rome. Man i cant even remember the last time we had not just one but TWO rookies that will contribute, hmmmm the last one must have been Barbosa and before that Amare unless i'm mistaken.

I believe that you are right PhxGiant. I am so glad that Phoenix is decideing to use their rooks!!

PhxGiant
09-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Me too, more credit to Kerr for puting an end to that whole "selling draft picks" nonsense.

Bishnoff
09-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, to think that we could have had Deng, Johnson, Rondo or Fernandez in our line-up except for Sarver's cash consideration fetish is pretty frustrating.

theimortalone
09-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, to think that we could have had Deng, Johnson, Rondo or Fernandez in our line-up except for Sarver's cash consideration fetish is pretty frustrating.

Oh I know what you mean man. I wish we would have kept Rondo and Deng.

Bishnoff
09-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh I know what you mean man. I wish we would have kept Rondo and Deng.

I'm not convinced about Rondo yet. He's too predictable due to the fact that he has no outside game and canít shoot any further out than his 8 foot tear-drop. But his pass-first mentality would have been useful with our 2nd unit over the last 2 seasons, at least more so than Banks' contribution.

amare#1
09-12-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm not convinced about Rondo yet. He's too predictable due to the fact that he has no outside game and canít shoot any further out than his 8 foot tear-drop. But his pass-first mentality would have been useful with our 2nd unit over the last 2 seasons, at least more so than Banks' contribution.

Rondo would've definitely been handy last season and in the future. I've personally been a fan of the kid since he was first drafted... I love his game and it probs would've suited us.

king4day
09-16-2008, 12:32 PM
It's been quiet on the Goran Dragic front since his agents negotiated a buyout that would allow him to leave Tau Ceramica and join the Suns.

That was a month ago but the fact that Dragic has not officially become a Suns member yet is of no concern. Everything is said to be on schedule, which would mean that he would be closing the convoluted buyout process from Tau by the deadline later this week.

There will be more time needed after that so that an application for his work visa can be submitted and he can return to Slovenia to finalize it. At that time, he would quickly return to Phoenix to sign his contract before the Suns head to Tucson in two weeks.

Despite being unsigned, Dragic was granted an exemption to participate this month in the NBA's Rookie Transition Program, a four-day, on- and off-court orientation camp.

The Suns closed voluntary workouts to the media this month. Five-on-five games began in earnest last week with the likes of Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Grant Hill, Leandro Barbosa, Robin Lopez, Lou Amundson, Sean Singletary and Robert Hite being regulars. It doesn't sound like anyone has put in more workout time this summer than Alando Tucker, who added about 15 pounds of muscle. Every Suns player has been in for workouts at some point but these final two weeks before camp should include more daily appearances from others.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/33164

This should put any worried minds to rest.

PhxGiant
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
^^^ Good find King, i can't wait to see him and the rest of our young guys play in the preseason.

Rome
09-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Read that when I woke up, figured it would make its way here :) glad to hear nothings gone wrong though lol.

STAT32
09-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm beginning to feel more and more like Alando may have something to offer this year. Maybe he will crack the rotation...

amare#1
09-16-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm beginning to feel more and more like Alando may have something to offer this year. Maybe he will crack the rotation...

Agreed.

Rome
09-16-2008, 10:02 PM
I've felt that way for awhile and I'm definitely rooting for him to get a chance. He'll be my Sean marks of the upcoming season.

Bishnoff
09-17-2008, 07:47 AM
With what Porter has said so far regarding a 9-10 man rotation, I can't see Tucker getting much game time unless someone is injured or being rested. If we are to have a 10 man rotation, Iíd say this is what it will be (starters are my personal preference):

C: Shaq/RoLo
PF: STAT/Diaw
SF: Barnes/Hill
SG: Bell/Barbosa
PG: Nash/Dragic

However, if we were to go with a 9 man rotation Iíd think Barnes would be left out since Diaw is more versatile in the sense that he can play any position, and all the other backups are crucial since the starters are prone to foul trouble, fatigue, or injury.

My point is that there is no room for Tucker with all these players fit and rested. Tuckerís natural position is SG. He canít defend as good as Bell, can run or drive as well as Barbosa, and canít shoot the 3 as good as either player. And for him to play out of position at SF, we already technically have 3 SFís in that 10 man rotation (I call Diaw a SF even though he doesnít get played there much) so again, no room.

But letís look on the bright-side: for once we have a problem of too much depth as opposed to not enough.