PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's sports loyalties irritate hometown fans.

NYKnickFanatic
09-10-2008, 08:13 AM
"It didn't bother me," Edwards said. "As I've gotten to know LeBron, LeBron isn't a Cleveland guy. LeBron only plays for the Cavaliers, and who knows if he even likes the Cavaliers? He doesn't like the Indians. He doesn't like the Browns. He's a guy from Akron who likes everybody but his hometown.

"Does Cavaliers superstar James really hate Cleveland that much?" Morris asked. "Does the anointed one really think we're all a bunch of losers? If not, why does No. 23 go out of his way to show his disdain for professional sports teams in Cleveland that don't involve rims and orange balls?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3578795

Haha. Poor Cleveland people. :D

rico
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
James has been labeled traitorous for his affection for non-Cleveland sports teams. He also grew up rooting for the Chicago Bulls.

come to us lebron...come..

NYKnickFanatic
09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
come to us lebron...come..

Lol. NEVER!

$ NyC $
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
of course, LeBron will love his new Condo in NY :D

$ NyC $
09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
just imagine this..LeBron owning a huge apartment around MSG..he goes out on his balcony 2 find the amazing city...and hundreds of fans..(imagine TRL) and the king opens his arms like he does with the powder b4 every game...lollll LeBron would die 4 that

cubulls
09-10-2008, 09:08 AM
They will call him a traitor when he leaves too. Screw them...

Chicagofaithful
09-10-2008, 09:33 AM
lol Honestly... i don't think he really cares

theuuord
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
just imagine this..LeBron owning a huge apartment around MSG..he goes out on his balcony 2 find the amazing city...and hundreds of fans..(imagine TRL) and the king opens his arms like he does with the powder b4 every game...lollll LeBron would die 4 that

Yup.

And then he'd drive over to Brooklyn and play.

barreleffact
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
lol Honestly... i don't think he really cares

me neither. i wouldnt. at the end of the day, its his life, his money , and his busiuness/ choice. its cleveland for christ's sake. it isnt LA, miami, new york or even pheonix(great weather/ girls)

BowDown32
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Who cares who is favourite team is?? Dude likes the Yankees and always has. He gives 110% to your team when he is on the floor and took a poor team to the NBA Finals on his back. What does it matter who he likes off the floor. Now I do remember seeing him on the sidelines at the Cowboys vs. Browns game this weekend showing love to his boy TO. What else do you want?

Hellcrooner
09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
he, and delusional cavs fans think they have a shot of him resigning hahahahahhahahahahahahahha.

pippsux
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe they have forgotten how dull and bad the Cavs used to be. He singlehandedly made them relevant and took that motley crew to the NBA finals. They have a couple of years to build a championship team, cause surely he is headed to the Knicks. I can see it now, highfiving Spike Lee and throwing powder into the frenzied arms of the Knick's fans.

Lone Maverick
09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
All this means to me is that he wont be partying with Drew Carey anytime soon.

Since when does being from one city mean you have to be a diehard homer? Plenty of people from all walks of life, every city root for teams they have no affiliation to. Its his life. Deal with it Cleveland.

ShaunRiching9
09-10-2008, 04:50 PM
face it he is mopst likely gone after 2010

BTownTeamsRKing
09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Who cares who is favourite team is?? Dude likes the Yankees and always has. He gives 110% to your team when he is on the floor and took a poor team to the NBA Finals on his back. What does it matter who he likes off the floor. Now I do remember seeing him on the sidelines at the Cowboys vs. Browns game this weekend showing love to his boy TO. What else do you want?

is it really necessary to wear a yankees cap to a Browns vs, Cowboys game?

IndyRealist
09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Lebron is not staying in Cleveland, the endorsement money is just too good if he leaves. Elton Brand is considered one of the good guys of the NBA, and he left the Clippers high and dry.

He needs to come clean to the Cavs next year, so that they can trade him to the Knicks or the Nets and get some value in return. If not, he still has two years to get Cleveland a championship.

Rome
09-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I know if had Lebron on my team I'd be a little bothered by this. I'm a hometown kind of guy and would want my star player to be the same way. If were I was cavs fan I'd be worried about 2010.

_Sn1P3r_
09-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Yup same here. ^^ I might as well trade him for some draft picks and young guns to 'replace' him.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Its no big deal! Half of the posters on this forum dont cheer for their home town team. Lebron is a front runner. Look at the teams he likes. Yankees, Cowboys, Bulls. He only cheered for winning teams. It does not mean he does not like being on the Cavs.

Its funny seeing Knick fans think he is coming because he likes the Yankees. At the same time Mav fans are saying he will be coming cause the Cowboys. Bulls fans think he wants to play in Jordans house. It does not matter who he cheers for. As long as his NBA team outs tons of zero's on his check