PDA

View Full Version : Can D'Antoni make an astonishing turnaround?

SAVAGE CLAW
09-10-2008, 12:43 AM
OK , i dont believe half of the things im going to post even remotely but i want to be optimistic.

There have been cases in the past where a team no one gave a crap for suddenly made everyone turn they heads, like those Jazz just after Malone and Stockton retired, everybody thought the woudl be lucky to avoids 76ers 11-73 mark and :speechless: they made the Playoffs.

ok IM taking on Account that the Randolph for Milicic and Jaric Trade takes place.

Its widely known that one of the main problems this past years has been that players didnt like their coach philosophy ( Brown) or plain bad locker room interactuation ( Thomas) It has also been stated that once randoplh came aboard no one knew what its role was who was supposed to score etc etc.

Ok here is my Positive Aproach.

Point Guard:

Marbury, everyone gives him for death but you have to take on account he is in CONTRACT year, its also clear that he didnt buy into Browns hyperslow and defensive system, but now here you got a Coach that likes attack and fast pace, he has always been fast and being comfortable in such a game, he has also not spoke yet with Mike, they may come to an agreement, you shut the **** up and play as i tell you and ill make you an allstar again.

If Dantoni gives him the Main Role in scoring from the Back Court he may be happy again and Start Delivering.

Duhon, has already shown that he is a very Capable reserve in Chicago and Robinson is spectacular and would excell running with the Ball, the system is made for him.

Shooting Guard, everybody says that Knicks have no good Sg, i Disagree!!!

Crawford is Athletic and has a decent D, something that Antony is Acostumed to have in the Sg position, with Bell and Barbosa, plus he has better offensive Skills than those two. He Also does not require Many touches and would leave stats behind to get wins.

Q Rich: How valuable is a player that is both a Veteran and a 3 point threat? How Valuable is that he KNOWS the system by heart? Sg is his best position and he NEVER looked better than in the Suns.

Jaric: Ok not much of a player but he can still make treys and well what more can you ask for the third line guy?.

Small Fowards: Chandler gave us Knicks fans some really nice moments last year, he has a lot of athleticism and upside, he could make a huge leap should Dantoni use him as an Starter.

Danillo, is suppossed to be a stud and has been dominating in europe, he can swing sf and pf positions and can really be a god project to have.

Ewing: Hustle, D, Energy and Heart, everything that Balkman had, a future fan favourite.

Power Foward.:

Gone the Ball hog and cancer David Lee can at LAST showcase all his skills, we dont need him to score a lot, we have Curry to do that work inside, he can focus in rebounding and Defending the other teams Big Men, he is in contract year, he will do Awesome.

Gallinari (or Chandler) Both can Play the position and be used alongside Milicic depending on oposing teams match up, it gives Dantoni flexibility to Put a Total Ofensive Mode with Gallinary and Curry or A total Defensive Mode with Lee and Milicic or mixed ones , that is a great one too punch to have against rival teams.

Rose: Veteran advises are always Valuable.

Center: Eddie Curry, Gone Randolph he can and has to be the Second Scoring Option , he is good at it and with lee backing him up in Defense he can go back to those past years when he looked like SOMETHING.

Darko: good signing, he is an euro will mesh well with Dantoni and will learn the system Soon , will give us those Blocks and D we have long been Missing From the Inside.

Rose: Well he can carry some Burgers after the game and contribute to Partying and having a nice time all togheter.

Mardy Collins? Well i guess he will be cut if Allan Houston is back.

Allan Houston? The best thing that could happen to us, a CAPTAIN a Veteran and a Killer hand for those last minutes....

If every thing clicked into place we could easily make a 5th or 6th seed.

Do you think is possible?

Fury
09-10-2008, 12:52 AM
idk about making a big turn around but i think he can at least lay out a decent blueprint for the next coach that takes over i think itll take a few more wrinkles which can take years to figure out how to be a great team

BillyHoyle35
09-10-2008, 12:56 AM
i really dont think they will be in the playoffs, just to far for them to go.
They will slowly improve as a side, well they have to cant really get too much worse.

KG#1
09-10-2008, 12:57 AM
they have started to move forward, but 2-3 seasons before theyre decent

JMan17
09-10-2008, 01:05 AM
IMO they will still suck until 2010 when all the good FA comes. Even though they are so over the cap that they might not even get anybody during that time...

downsos
09-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Nope

Furlythizzin562
09-10-2008, 01:38 AM
One word: No...

Come on Mike Dantoni Could'nt even get his suns, when they were good past the second round. So what makes you think he will get the Knicks, who havent made it to the playoffs in a few years to a positive turn around.
Im not say Dantoni is a bad coach. Im just saying it like a habit,when the Knick aquire a player that had reasonable good stats with the team before. Then they just don't play as well when joining the knicks.

PhxGiant
09-10-2008, 02:22 AM
One word: No...

Come on Mike Dantoni Could'nt even get his suns, when they were good past the second round. So what makes you think he will get the Knicks, who havent made it to the playoffs in a few years to a positive turn around.
Im not say Dantoni is a bad coach. Im just saying it like a habit,when the Knick aquire a player that had reasonable good stats with the team before. Then they just don't play as well when joining the knicks.

Sounds like two trips to the WCF is getting out of the second round to me, but hey maybe i'm just crazy.

D'Antoni will give this team some structure and will probably give the players more defined roles and freedom, IMO this Knicks team is a running team so they should do well unless Nash really is the piece that makes D'Antoni's system go. If they can leave all the drama in the past and be excited about moving forward and commit to the team then they have a chance to finish with a decent record, but no playoffs.

S.J.Basketball
09-10-2008, 02:31 AM
If D'antoni can get ANY team to play well and turn it around....it's a team in the Eastern Conference! Way to play it Safe D'Antoni!!!

Hellcrooner
09-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Dream on dream on dream oooonnnnnnn dream until your dream comes trueeeeee.

And no ****ing eminem is not the creator of the song!!!!

Tom81
09-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Can Dantoni make an astonishing turnaround? doubtful

Rome
09-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Sounds like two trips to the WCF is getting out of the second round to me, but hey maybe i'm just crazy.

D'Antoni will give this team some structure and will probably give the players more defined roles and freedom, IMO this Knicks team is a running team so they should do well unless Nash really is the piece that makes D'Antoni's system go. If they can leave all the drama in the past and be excited about moving forward and commit to the team then they have a chance to finish with a decent record, but no playoffs.

Agreed. If they can put aside all the ******** I think Mikes system could only benefit them. I don't seem them getting worse lol. Depending if that trade does go down they could be a decent team in 2 years IMO.

MiamiHeat
09-10-2008, 05:16 PM
No

SAVAGE CLAW
09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Not much faith i see.

JMan17
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Dream on dream on dream oooonnnnnnn dream until your dream comes trueeeeee.

And no ****ing eminem is not the creator of the song!!!!

i love that song :)

Beno7500
09-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Dream On....... is a song by Aerosmith

theimortalone
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Can Dantoni make an astonishing turnaround? doubtful

I agree! Duhtoni will not emphasize defense, and even Walsh told him to he wouldnt. Why do you think he left PHX? This man would not know defense if it came up and hit him in the ***! The only way he does it is if they go out and get alot of players from the free agency.

POZUNO
09-11-2008, 12:16 AM
It's worth a shot. I think D'Antoni can really help this team make an astonishing turnaround, but I believe its really up to the players. D'Antoni can pour all of his basketball knowledge to this team, but its the players job to execute his plans. So unless they do that, they will still be the same old Knicks.

zambo4president
09-11-2008, 01:30 AM
turnaround no
improvement yes

LA_Raiders
09-11-2008, 02:00 AM
No way, He needs to clean house first....

LAKERS 24/7
09-11-2008, 02:33 AM
na mayne, doubt it

dodie53
09-11-2008, 09:23 AM
knicks are lucky if they make the PO

jgonboricua
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
i have a feeling if marbury starts over duhon he could could show signs of his old self, that said the randolf tradde is not going through because the grizz want a 1st round pick and for the knicks to pick up the last year of the contract....the knicks defence however will be worse then last year, you guys are going to regret loosing balkman....

$ NyC $
09-11-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm gonna agree with you man and be positive, but not 2 the point of thinking 5th 6th seed. I'm gonna b positive and think 9th or possibly 8th seed. All the players seem really excited 4 this season and if Zach leaves i think we will have good chemistry (Marbs isn't that much of a problem). All our players are mainly offense orientated so they shouldn't have a problem. I think we could possibly do it, it isn't very likely, but i think we can.

king4day
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Just remember, he'll likely just have an 8 MAYBE 9 man rotation and that's it.